Health treatments and prevention for Coronavirus

slow_mike

Pigeon
Gold Member
Omad said:
Chris Masterjohn believes there's a potential risk with using high dose vitamin C as a preventative measure.

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/what-im-doing-for-the-coronavirus
Yeah he also believes Vitamin D supplementation should be avoided as it might increase the expression of ACE2 receptors and could make one more vulnerable to catch covid.

He's the only guy that says to not take Vitamin D. Doesn't mean he's not right, but I don't know ... I'd be wary

void

Pelican
I am not a M.D., but have credentials in the natural sciences.
So to present my current understanding of the topic of COVID vs. Vitamin C.

I read up on cytokine storms:
From German wikipedia site.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zytokinsturm
Bei einem Zytokinsturm werden hohe Konzentrationen der Zytokine IL-6 und IL-8 sowie der Chemokine CCL2, CCL5, CXCL10 und CXCL9 gebildet.[3]
During a cytokine storm high concentrations of "Zytokine IL-6 und IL-8 sowie der Chemokine CCL2, CCL5, CXCL10 und CXCL9 " are produced. [in positive self enforcing feedback loop].

Symptoms:

Fieber, Übelkeit, Schüttelfrost, Arterielle Hypotonie, Tachykardie, Asthenie, Kopfschmerz, Exanthem und Dyspnoe.
Fever, Nausea, cold chills (shaking), hypotension?, tachycardia, general weakness, headache, exanthem, short breath.

From English wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cytokine_release_syndrome
This basically describes the critical progress of COVID-19.

Grades Toxicity
Grade 1 Mild reaction, infusion interruption not indicated; intervention not indicated
Grade 2 Therapy or infusion interruption indicated but responds promptly to symptomatic treatment (e.g., antihistamines, NSAIDS, narcotics, IV fluids); prophylactic medications indicated for <=24 hrs
Grade 3 Prolonged (e.g., not rapidly responsive to symptomatic medication or brief interruption of infusion); recurrence of symptoms following initial improvement; hospitalization indicated for clinical sequelae (e.g., renal impairment, pulmonary infiltrates)
Grade 4 Life-threatening consequences; pressor or ventilatory support indicated
Grade 5 Death

It's not the virus killing you, it's your immune system overreaction which leads to lung inflammation.

How does Vitamin C, work?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15271375
It inhibits some of the cytokine production or down regulates it, so some cells of your immune system are inhibited.
(or it helps to regulate down to a healthy level)

In that case, that may be the reason the saturation limit of Vitamin C increases depending on the level of inflammation/alert status in your body.

The question is, if it makes sense to take Vitamin C megadoses early on, which could? prevent proper immune response to the virus or wait until you get cold chills and fever, then start supplementing if the fever doesn't go down.

My personal conclusions:
In general, I think the Vitamin C mega doses are mainly to combat immune system overreaction. Regular moderate Vitamin C supplementation in the next weeks should be the base for a healthy immune system response.

The effects of Vitamin C supplementation to children seems to be actually reversed regarding specific cytokine production.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17344653

whoishe

Woodpecker

Instagram post by 'drseanomara':

Diaphragmatic Breathing & Survival. I have a belief that one of the most important aspects to the more optimized condition our ancient ancestors enjoyed and more importantly benefitted from is their dependency upon deep diaphragmatic breathing. When was the last time you really were working your diaphragm to breath as deeply as possible? If today and regularly awesome - you are way ahead of most. Sadly we no longer engage much in intense enough exercise to induce the deepest breathing possible and certainly not regularly. However, 20k years ago we would have probably daily. Sprinting after food or away from threats.

This kind of physiological challenge is awesome to build Vital Capacity (VC) or the maximum amount of air you can exhale after the maximum of air inhaled. Who has great VC? Sprinters. They also have really low visceral fat. In fact I recently reviewed a 2018 study showing the more visceral fat the lower your VC. Sprinting should be adopted to ^VC. Although I don’t have any studies to support this I suspect in the final analysis those with the lowest VC have a greater risk from CoVid19 & probably also have increased visceral fat shown to interfere with diaphragmatic excursion & increasing pulmonary tissue inflammation.

CoVid19 attacks the lungs. The healthier the lungs the better off you are. I Sprint daily and recommend my clients to sprint as well. Start slow & progress in speed and purpose to eliminate visceral fat: Go Keto, Paleo or ideally Carnivore, Fast, and embrace Stress Hormetics. Follow me to learn more about each and other strategies/biometrics to optimize yourself, body, appearance & performance. Its my passion & super power. Please RP & share with others to learn about this optimizing recommendation.
It's difficult to 'enjoy' sprinting, as it's very demanding, but it's still my favourite exercise at the moment. And post-workout 'high' is absolutely fantastic.

< I agree - I went away from normal jogging, but sprinting is fantastic. Also clear which body you would rather have - the one of a 100m sprinter or marathon runner.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Great video that precisely shows how far coughing/sneezing spreads infectious droplets and how much it is mitigated by coughing in your fist/palm/handkerchief/surgical mask:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surgical_mask#Function

I think this alone explains half of the difference in tremendous spread differences between Asian and European countries. Even if the mask doesn't prevent the entry of the virus (it does, just not perfectly), it massively reduces the amount that is being emitted into the environment to be inhaled/touched in the first place.

But queue the WHO and our local "experts" yapping how masks are useless and there's no need for them.

The fact that our advanced, super-organized, modern, ultra-technological societies are unable to produce even a simple textile/plastic sheet in sufficient numbers will go down as one of the most humiliating symbols of globalist tyranny.

One thing that doesn't get mentioned and I don't know why.

If you're worried about covid, CLEAN YOUR HOUSE. Don't rewear clothes. Clean your countertops, your table, your desk, your laptop. (Particularly your laptop since you spend a lot of time on it.)

Since we're a Christian forum now, just remember the saying: Cleanliness is next to godliness.

Handsome Creepy Eel said:
I think this alone explains half of the difference in tremendous spread differences between Asian and European countries. Even if the mask doesn't prevent the entry of the virus (it does, just not perfectly), it massively reduces the amount that is being emitted into the environment to be inhaled/touched in the first place.
But queue the WHO and our local "experts" yapping how masks are useless and there's no need for them.
The fact that our advanced, super-organized, modern, ultra-technological societies are unable to produce even a simple textile/plastic sheet in sufficient numbers will go down as one of the most humiliating symbols of globalist tyranny.
The US's handling of masks has been an absolute embarrassment. It's practically a libertarian's wet dream, it's such a stunning indictment of the government.

Here in Japan, the mask shortage was heavily alleviated when somebody realized you could take cheap sheets of cloth that probably sell for a few pennies, cut out a mask-shaped stencil pattern with a pair of ordinary scissors, and bam: instant reusable facemask! The going rate in my local area is 3 cloth masks for 1000 yen (10$). The seller makes a tidy profit. The buyer is safe and comfortable with their mask. The community is served by reducing the spread of the virus. Everybody wins. I see tons of them around. I've bought a few and shipped them to my friends, 'cause no matter what you think about Corona, what's 10$? I think Coronavirus is overblown as heck and I still wear mine everywhere, just to help the people around me feel safer.

In the US, masks are medical equipment, and need to be carefully vetted by the federal government to ensure strict standards of quality. There's a lengthy, detailed review process that ensures that only companies who make the highest quality and adhere to the strictest standards are allowed to manufacture and distribute face masks.

As a result, nobody's got any masks. There's only a few manufacturers and they're all running out. And if you try to sell cheap cloth ones, you'll probably go to jail. Way to go, guys. Nice job protecting the public.

Going strong

Crow
Gold Member
As I wrote here: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-74755-post-2069072.html?highlight=Interferon#pid2069072,

Cuba apparently has a cure, a versatile product that is well-known on the island: the Interferon. And Cuban medics are starting to give it to Italians.

Cuba stands to gain a lot from the Coronavirus thing, as they're back to sending their savior-medics to many grateful countries. Huge diplomatic gains will be had.

By the way, from what I'm told by Cuban friends, Cuba is implementing a very efficient quarantine. Any family with a vulnerable member in it, is preventively put in precautionary quarantine. Harsh, but it does work.

German virologist did a study in Germany in covid-infected housholds.

The side-effects described include a temporary loss of taste and smell sense. However aside from being a bit odd in this he comes to multiple strange end-results:

+ they were unable to create any infectious culture from any of the probes!

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
An article that explains how zinc works against viruses on multiple levels:

"Research has shown that zinc-deficient individuals are most at risk of developing viral infections. This is bad news at any time, of course – but is particularly dangerous in light of the current global coronavirus pandemic.

In a review published in Journal of Nutrition, researchers noted that zinc deficiency quickly diminishes cell-mediated responses, leading to increased opportunistic infections and mortality rates. In fact, in one study, 30 days of suboptimal zinc intake led to losses of 30 to 80 percent in defense capacity, including tumor defense and antibody-mediated responses.

People most at risk for zinc deficiency include the elderly, and those with IBD, leaky gut, or other digestive disorders.

Even more impressive, however, is zinc’s activity against specific viruses – and its ability to interfere with viral replication cycle and genome transcription. In other words, zinc inhibits the ability of viruses to reproduce and spread.

In an extensive review of studies published in Advances in Nutrition, the authors reported that zinc caused a reduction in viral load in cases of respiratory syncytial virus – and inhibited viral RNA and protein synthesis in a gastroenteritis virus.

This virus-fighting micronutrient was also shown in clinical trials to reduce the duration and severity of herpes simplex outbreaks, to decrease markers of inflammation in hepatitis C, and to reduce infection and increase CD4 T cell count in HIV (human immunodeficiency virus).

Clearly, zinc is effective against some viral “heavy hitters!” By the way, zinc has also been shown to inhibit SARS, a virus closely related to COVID-19."
https://www.naturalhealth365.com/zinc-deficiency-covid-19-3352.html

Salinger

Woodpecker
Dr. Jacob Glanville finds a possible cure for Covid 19...and then promptly hands it over to the US Army, probably never to be seen again.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
TECH: Last Wednesday, we published the success story from Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a board-certified family practitioner in New York, after he successfully treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100 percent success using a cocktail of drugs: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin (Z-Pak), an antibiotic to treat secondary infections, and zinc sulfate. Dr. Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours after treatment.

https://www.veteranstoday.com/2020/03/31/dr-vladimir-zelinko-has-699-cv19-cures-with-hq-z-pak-zinc/

Now, Dr. Zelenko provides updates on the treatment after he successfully treated 699 COVID-19 patients in New York. In an exclusive interview with former New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares the results of his latest study, which showed that out of his 699 patients treated, zero patients died, zero patients intubated, and four hospitalizations.

Dr. Zelenko said the whole treatment costs only $20 over a period of 5 days with 100% success. He defines success as “Not to die.” Dr. Zelenko first posted his Facebook video message last week calling on President Trump to “advise the country that they should be taking this medication.”

There are many other success stories about hydroxychloroquine across the country. Last week, Dr. William Grace, an oncologist at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City, said they’ve not had a single death in their hospital because of hydroxychloroquine. “Thanks to hydroxychloroquine, we have not had a death in our hospital,’ Dr. Grace said.

Also, in a study conducted by the National Institute of Health (NIH) also confirmed some of Dr. Dr. Zelenko’s findings. The study by NIH showed that Zinc supplementation decreases the morbidity of lower respiratory tract infection in pediatric patients in the developing world. A second study also conducted by NIH titled: “In Vitro Antiviral Activity and Projection of Optimized Dosing Design of Hydroxychloroquine for the Treatment of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2),” also showed hydroxychloroquine to be more potent in killing the virus off in vitro (in the test tube and not in the body).

Deepdiver said:
TECH: Last Wednesday, we published the success story from Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a board-certified family practitioner in New York, after he successfully treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100 percent success using a cocktail of drugs: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin (Z-Pak), an antibiotic to treat secondary infections, and zinc sulfate. Dr. Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours after treatment.
Good - none of those meds have been shown to have any strong potentially lethal side effects in the China-SARS protocol: https://theinfectiousmyth.com/book/CoronavirusPanic.pdf

I would trust this combination far more than anything else that is done in many countries.

Obviously vitamin C IVC would be better with even less side-effects, but if this works and they don't want to touch the vit C holy water, then better this.

Deepdiver

Crow
Gold Member
News from OZ:

Researchers in Australia report that Ivermectin, an FDA-approved drug commonly used to treat parasites, appears to be effective in treating the SARS-COV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19). The drug is widely available and can be “repurposed” for this application, doctors said.

The ScienceDirect journal, Antiviral Research, published an article by a group of Australian researchers from Monash University in Melbourne reporting that Ivermectin appears to be effective at inhibiting the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.

https://www.breitbart.com/border/20...oronavirus-in-under-48-hours-say-researchers/

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Note that the study above is just in vitro, i.e. in laboratory samples. The results may be very different when performed in an actual biological environment.

flaghunter

Sparrow
Started taking Vitamin C four few days ago - 6 daily doses 2 hours apart.

Today my total dosage was 24 grams and still no loose stools, despite feeling healthy.

Should I keep upping the daily dose until I have loose stools?

flaghunter said:
Started taking Vitamin C four few days ago - 6 daily doses 2 hours apart.

Today my total dosage was 24 grams and still no loose stools, despite feeling healthy.

Should I keep upping the daily dose until I have loose stools?
24 grams and no loose stools means that you certainly have something. You take so much until you feel markedly better.

I took sometimes 50 grams without stools on a strong cold/flu.

Best is to take so much as to feel markedly better and before the loose stools. Loose stools generally mean that you took slightly too much. In very rare strong diseases I heard from people taking 200 grams per day without loose stools. The guy who took it maxed out at that, because the body can't really absorb more. After a week he got loose stools and later found out that he had had Legionnaire's disease which is near fatal.

If you don't have a cold/flu/pneumonia, but take 24grams and have zero stools, then I would just take more until I get it in order to find out what I got aside from that. If you have cold symptoms then a dose above that should do the trick. 24 grams are not that much unless you are one of the rare cases who are susceptible to that.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Do yourself a favor and watch this video about the coronavirus by Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt (M.D. and PhD), one of the most renowned integrative medicine doctors in the world. In 2007 and 2009, he was awarded the title "Physician of the Year" by the Global Foundation of Integrative Medicine. In February 2013, he was awarded the "Lifetime Achievement Award" for integrative medicine. He has medical licenses in four countries, including the U.S., UK, and Germany. His bio is here:

https://www.international-light-association.org/event/conf-2016/presenter/dietrich-klinghardt

He explains many things, including that chloroquine is necessary only because it forces higher zinc levels into cells, which prevents viral replication. He also explains why the anti-biotic zithromax is required, because the cornovirus was designed as 80% virus with a 20% bacterial component. He explains how the UK pleaded with him to come on board to fight the coronavirus -- and when he insisted that he would do so as long as he could use whatever worked -- the UK retracted its offer. There is an amazing amount of material in this video. Too much to list.

http://www.sophiaeducate.com/virus-updates-dr-dietrich-klinghardt/