Health treatments and prevention for Coronavirus

Grow Bag

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
This is a very interesting finding, a scientific study from Pakistan found that nigella seeds (aka black sesame or black cumin) are highly effective as a treatment for covid

It turns out that the seeds have a high concentration of a quinine derivative called thymoquinone, along with quercitin, zinc, vitamin C and antiinflamatories, which is kind of a dream team combination of compounds to fight covid! The seeds are cheap and readily available at ethnic food stores, the study administered them with raw honey, about 5g/day of seeds to covid patients, with excellent results that did better than hydroxichloroquine.
That's good to know, I have black seed oil in my fridge.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
39255682-9257521-image-a-26_1613251967360.jpg

Source

^^^

Vitamin D reduces Covid-19 deaths by 60 per cent, a study has found, as MP David Davis today called for the therapy to be rolled out in hospitals immediately to 'save many thousands of lives.'

The study evaluated the effectiveness of calcifediol - a Vitamin D3 - on more than 550 people admitted to the Covid-19 wards of the Hospital del Mar in Barcelona, Spain.

Subjects were randomly assigned as either recipients of the calcifediol treatment or as controls on admission, before receiving five doses of the vitamin in increasing intervals of two, four, eight and 15 days.

The research, published by the Social Science Research Network, found Covid-19 patients given doses of Vitamin D were 80 per cent less likely to require ICU treatment.

Those from the University of Barcelona also concluded that 'adjusted results showed a reduced mortality of more than 60 per cent' for those who were given the calcifediol treatment.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
39255682-9257521-image-a-26_1613251967360.jpg

Source

^^^

So not being vitamin D deficient lowers your risk of ending up in the ICU with covid by 80%, just like the flu? Phew, glad we solved that problem and we can go back to normal now.

Grow Bag

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Last edited:

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member

Abstract​

Objectives​

In recent clinical trials some cardiac arrhythmias were reported with use of remdesivir for COVID-19. To address this safety concern, we investigated whether use of remdesivir for COVID-19 is associated with an increased risk of bradycardia.

Methods​

Using VigiBase®, the World Health Organization Global Individual Case Safety Reports database, we compared the cases of bradycardia reported in COVID-19 patients exposed to remdesivir with those reported in COVID-19 patients exposed to hydroxychloroquine, lopinavir/ritonavir, tocilizumab or glucocorticoids. All reports of patients with COVID-19 registered up to the 23 September 2020 were included. We conducted disproportionality analyses allowing the estimation of reporting odds ratios (RORs) with 95% CI.

Results​

We found 302 cardiac effects including 94 bradycardia (31%) among the 2603 reports with remdesivir prescribed in COVID-19 patients. Most of the 94 reports were serious (75, 80%), and in 16 reports (17%) evolution was fatal. Compared with hydroxychloroquine, lopinavir/ritonavir, tocilizumab or glucocorticoids, the use of remdesivir was associated with an increased risk of reporting bradycardia (ROR 1.65; 95% CI 1.23–2.22). Consistent results were observed in other sensitivity analyses.

Grow Bag

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

Bird

Pelican
Catholic

Thai Cabinet Approves Use of Fah Talai Jone to Treat Asymptomatic COVID-19 Cases

c2eeb07e71dcc655745a0526a418e5cf-small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Cabinet has approved the use of Fah Talai Jone (green chiretta or Andrographis paniculate) to treat asymptomatic cases of COVID-19, after a successful trial of the herbal remedy in prisons.

Deputy government spokesperson Ratchada Thanadirek said treatment with the herb will help relieve pressure on the public health system, with more than 14,000 new cases being reported daily.

She said the trial on infected prison inmates showed Fah Talai Jone can prevent the virus from entering cells while reducing viral replication. The Corrections Department gave the herbal remedy to 11,800 inmates with mild symptoms and 99.02% of them recovered.

Ms. Ratchada added that the Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation recommends that asymptomatic patients take 180mg of Fah Talai Jone, divided into three 60mg doses, per day at mealtimes.

budoslavic

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
This woman explains her experience with what her and husband went through. And how the protocols the hospitals are using is what’s killing people, not necessarily the CV, it’s the way they treat (or not treat) patients.

"Our First Hand ICU Story - What is Actually Killing People In The Hospital"

Video description
My husband WALKED out of the ICU in just 3 1/2 days. Fastest ICU patient in history of Cov. What we did. What to tell others. It's not "blovid"- the protocol is what is killing people in the ICU. Here is what to do and how to do it. What to demand. What treatment. Please Share This! More at katedalleyradio.com in show notes on entire story. My husband had 4 major "risk" categories- so by their "blovid" standards, should be dead. We changed THEIR protocol and saved his life. This is how we did it. ( I look puffy and terrible here on vid because I was brought to tears on the air on my syndicated radio show.)

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
I was watching a video that says if you are in the acute phase, and pre-acute, vitamin D is good, but in the later cytokine pulmonary phase, you shouldn't just take a ton of vitamin D, it can actually make it worse. Vitamin C at that point is more helpful.

Biscuits_Gravy

Robin
Catholic
Milo: STAY AWAY FROM VACCINATED PEOPLE. What I have is no joke. I’ve been miserable for days, with no end in sight.

0d2187707f0a214d.jpeg
I’m a little unsure about this. I feel like anytime anyone is sick now, even those in our camp, we keep hearing “it’s no joke”. I’ve been “no joke” sick probably 2 dozen times in my life and I’m in my mid twenties. I just don’t like the sensationalizing because it feels like it’s elevating COVID even more. “No end in sight” is very dramatic as well.

EGCG is a compound found in Green Tea. You can also buy it in pill form and from what I am aware its mechanism of action is similar to that of Quercetin. Best to take it with Zinc.