Herbal Testosterone Boosting Thread

OhHeyCindy

Sparrow
Catholic
Do not get injections at 28 yo; you will need to be on them for the rest of your life. .

What is your diet like? Do you exercise? Do you masturbate?
Don’t masturbate ever. Diet is mostly good. It is not as good as when I was at my peak physical shape in 2020 measuring all my food and stuff. But I avoid seed oils except when eating out , eat a lot of saturated fat like butter and eggs and red meat.

Exercise a lot. Weight training 4 ish times per week. Recently started running since arriving in Peru.

inthefade

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Don’t masturbate ever. Diet is mostly good. It is not as good as when I was at my peak physical shape in 2020 measuring all my food and stuff. But I avoid seed oils except when eating out , eat a lot of saturated fat like butter and eggs and red meat.

Exercise a lot. Weight training 4 ish times per week. Recently started running since arriving in Peru.
Strange. Up to you. You will definitely feel the effects of injections.

BasilSeal

Kingfisher
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
When you tested your level, was there also a basic blood panel / biomarker test that might reveal some other common things that may cause you to feel this way? Such as iron levels, vitamin d (ordered as a separate test). It may be worthwhile if you can get a basic panel done, and if possible review with your doctor (although that isn't strictly necessary, if you're just looking for outliers in bloodwork as food for thought).

OhHeyCindy

Sparrow
Catholic
When you tested your level, was there also a basic blood panel / biomarker test that might reveal some other common things that may cause you to feel this way? Such as iron levels, vitamin d (ordered as a separate test). It may be worthwhile if you can get a basic panel done, and if possible review with your doctor (although that isn't strictly necessary, if you're just looking for outliers in bloodwork as food for thought).
I just ordered a testosterone only test myself. I could see about getting a full panel of bloodwork done here.

OhHeyCindy

Sparrow
Catholic
Strange. Up to you. You will definitely feel the effects of injections.
Do you think the idea of taking just this one injection (I’m not sure of the amount I think it’s like 200mg) to see if there’s any relief is worthwhile ? Given I have this prescription. Or will I not feel anything after one injection?

inthefade

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Do you think the idea of taking just this one injection (I’m not sure of the amount I think it’s like 200mg) to see if there’s any relief is worthwhile ? Given I have this prescription. Or will I not feel anything after one injection?
Not sure on that one. I would avoid any pharmaceuticals.

OhHeyCindy

Sparrow
Catholic
Another symptom Is I wake up constantly with this physical anxiety sensation in my chest that persists mostly throughout the day with some occasional relief. Is this likely to be cortisol ? I did get relief from this being on the ssri

Thomas More

Crow
Protestant
Testosterone general takes time to build up its effects. One dose will not produce any noticeable effect.

Edit: I went back and read your earlier posts. I would say it is normal to be fatigued and tired with a new baby. Also, you are growing older, and you won't always have the energy you did in your teens and early 20s. If you want a lot more children, then definitely do not start on T. I would recommend the usual things. Lower stress. Exercise and eat right. Limit alcohol. Lowering stress is very important, but I know sometimes there's not much you can do. Even if you can't change your actual circumstances right now, you can pray about it and ask God for strength.

Last edited:

TheosisSeeker

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen

You're asking in the wrong place bud. It's best to ask a professional, like the doctor who wrote you the script.

Jive Turkey

Kingfisher
Orthodox Catechumen
Weird question, but has anyone noticed decreased/nonexistent morning wood when taking an herbal test supplement?

The first time I ever woke up without morning wood was when I tried a deer antler supplement my buddy gave me. Felt very uncanny to wake up that way

Recently I got on ashwaghanda and tongkat ali and I have been hit or miss with the morning wood. Could be stress or something I guess, but the timing is odd. Anyone else noticed this?

LoveBug

Kingfisher
Catholic
The libido changes while taking or not taking any of these supplements are cyclical, I've noticed.

I take other supplements then testosterone to keep vitality/fertility high, and that’s the pattern for me. I’m 43, two days extremely high, higher than ever. Than lower another period. Etc.

cosine

Woodpecker
Sleep is crucial as many others have mentioned, so I thought I'd include this.

I found it particularly interesting when he explains that when you sleep your isn't sedated, but the opposite; it becomes hyperactive. Alcohol sedates you, so it also depresses the hyperactivity during sleep. Guy knows what he's talking about, it's amazing how many fascinating people come out of UC Berkeley in some of the non-woke departments.

DeWoken

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Alcohol sedates you, so it also depresses the hyperactivity during sleep.
This is a good thing for sleep, right? I have heard that when you get in the right dose range alcohol helps sleep. But obviously, when you overdo it everything just falls apart. Looks like an interesting podcast.

Lately I have been supplementing with a T-affecting herb: hops. Usually I have been a daily drinker of wine and spirits but not beer, as health experts have said it is the worst for T. But other experts say that, like with the gluten thing, it's the toxins in the North-American-grown grains that is the real problem. Therefore, as an experiment, European beers (in glass bottles) are back on the menu for me.

rainy

Pelican
Other Christian
This is a good thing for sleep, right? I have heard that when you get in the right dose range alcohol helps sleep. But obviously, when you overdo it everything just falls apart. Looks like an interesting podcast.

Lately I have been supplementing with a T-affecting herb: hops. Usually I have been a daily drinker of wine and spirits but not beer, as health experts have said it is the worst for T. But other experts say that, like with the gluten thing, it's the toxins in the North-American-grown grains that is the real problem. Therefore, as an experiment, European beers (in glass bottles) are back on the menu for me.
Alcohol is terrible for sleep. Technically, quality of sleep.

Sure it will help you fall asleep. That's why a lot of people have a few drinks. But it severely negatively impacts the hours you are asleep. And that hurts everything from muscle recovery to metabolism to heart health and brain function. And of course, testosterone too.