Herpes Type-2

griffinmill

Kingfisher
I was just diagnosed with Herpes Type-2 and want to tell you about the journey I've been on.

I am in my early forties and have had close to 60-70 sexual partners, most of them in the last ten years. There was a period between 2012-2017 where I engaged in quite a bit of promiscuity after breaking up with my long-term ex and this was the golden period of dating apps. Like a lot of guys in the community at that time, I travelled a lot throughout Poland. But my home is in the UK and this is where I was involved in the majority of my dating.

For the longest time - and I mean the longest time - I've noticed a recurring rash on my penis. In fact, I don't remember a time when I didn't have episodes of it. No real pain or blisters, just a small rash. I remember as far back as 2015 thinking I should get it checked out, but since I'd had it for so long I didn't think it was an STD; I think I can recall having it during the time when I was barely sexually active. I was a later bloomer and only started racking up notch counts around the age of 34.

With all the women from my past I think I've used protection around 50% of the time, possibly 60%. I don't drink alcohol so none of these were drunken encounters with tatted-up skanks whose names I couldn't remember. I was careless a lot of the time, but not that careless.

Over the last month I've had some new symptoms emerge just before I developed my rash. This included swollen lymph nodes in the groin, and my penis was on this occasion quite painful. I was also experiencing a shooting pain in the area. After going to my GP he suggested going to get myself checked out at the clinic.

The one time I've been happy to wear a mask was going to my local STD clinic, sitting in a crowded room with strangers whose lifestyle choices have all lead us here. The indignity of having to drop your trousers with two young women you've just met so they can verify that you've made some very bad choices in your life is indescribable. It was confirmed that it looks like herpes, but may not be. I was holding out hope, but I just knew deep in the pit of my stomach that I had herpes. The call came today to confirm it. Herpes Type-2.

I prepared myself for this news, but I am still shell-shocked. What has surprised me is the number of women I've had encounters with over the many years when I've had this, none of whom have ever came back to me with news they'd suddenly become infected and blamed me. I am also on speaking terms with some of the women from my past, particularly very good friends with one, and none have to my knowledge had an outbreak since knowing me. This could be that they are asymptomatic or I simply never passed anything on. The medical community will scare you with how contagious this is, but is it really?

What is weird to me is this last outbreak was particularly bad.

My symptoms are usually not severe. Like I said, no blisters or sores. Just a small rash. I have been given medication for future outbreaks. Obviously this impacts the future, which I am most upset about, particularly with any future long-term monogamous partner. My notch count is hardly Olympian compared to others who've been in the game for many years during the heyday of pick-up, which makes this hard to process. I am guessing I caught it from a very early encounter before I was even in "game" with a girl I'd have least suspected, even though in those days I was doubly careful. But that's all guesswork.

If anybody has any advice or experience with this, please do let me know.

Stay safe, guys!

Sinabelus

Sparrow
This is concerning. I also have some kind of rash, like a red spot on the glans (sorry for the details) but nothing else. It appeared like a year ago, three weeks after I had sex with a girl I knew, and the last time before I, thank God, finally gave up on premarital sex. I don't know if the two are linked, besides we used a condom. I've only had two partners, I'm still young but I'm afraid I got an unlucky draw and that it would seriously endanger my future if it were a STD. I haven't checked it with a doctor yet, as I don't like to see them unless I'm literally dying on the spot lol (if that). Maybe I should.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
I waited years before seeing a doctor. But as I pointed out, nothing bad happened in those years. No partner ever accused me of passing it on and I had no symptoms other than a rash once or twice a year.

But get it checked out.

Sinabelus

Sparrow
I waited years before seeing a doctor. But as I pointed out, nothing bad happened in those years. No partner ever accused me of passing it on and I had no symptoms other than a rash once or twice a year.

But get it checked out.
Yeah it's situated just at the connection between the uretra and the frenulum. I'll get it checked out before the vaccine pass is mandatory... I hope it's not serious, and especially not Herpes because there's no cure or anything for that and this puts a serious damper for any future relationship. At least I would be devastated to learn it is herpes, I hope you manage.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
All herpes viruses are latent so you can`t get rid of them, but I`m sure they told you that if you didn`t know already. It`s a good opportunity to become as healthy as you can be though, as that is the only way of stopping the virus from reactivating. In addition to the various diet and lifestyle things that you can do, I would recommend red light therapy applied directly to the area of infection. There is some data that supports this approach that is rather compelling. But you must get the right wavelength and so on. I use it for male pattern baldness, and for skin you need to get the 630-670nm light range. Seems to be working to be honest! But there is a learning curve with these things.

I was just diagnosed with Herpes Type-2 and want to tell you about the journey I've been on.

I am in my early forties and have had close to 60-70 sexual partners, most of them in the last ten years. There was a period between 2012-2017 where I engaged in quite a bit of promiscuity after breaking up with my long-term ex and this was the golden period of dating apps. Like a lot of guys in the community at that time, I travelled a lot throughout Poland. But my home is in the UK and this is where I was involved in the majority of my dating.

For the longest time - and I mean the longest time - I've noticed a recurring rash on my penis. In fact, I don't remember a time when I didn't have episodes of it. No real pain or blisters, just a small rash. I remember as far back as 2015 thinking I should get it checked out, but since I'd had it for so long I didn't think it was an STD; I think I can recall having it during the time when I was barely sexually active. I was a later bloomer and only started racking up notch counts around the age of 34.

With all the women from my past I think I've used protection around 50% of the time, possibly 60%. I don't drink alcohol so none of these were drunken encounters with tatted-up skanks whose names I couldn't remember. I was careless a lot of the time, but not that careless.

Over the last month I've had some new symptoms emerge just before I developed my rash. This included swollen lymph nodes in the groin, and my penis was on this occasion quite painful. I was also experiencing a shooting pain in the area. After going to my GP he suggested going to get myself checked out at the clinic.

The one time I've been happy to wear a mask was going to my local STD clinic, sitting in a crowded room with strangers whose lifestyle choices have all lead us here. The indignity of having to drop your trousers with two young women you've just met so they can verify that you've made some very bad choices in your life is indescribable. It was confirmed that it looks like herpes, but may not be. I was holding out hope, but I just knew deep in the pit of my stomach that I had herpes. The call came today to confirm it. Herpes Type-2.

I prepared myself for this news, but I am still shell-shocked. What has surprised me is the number of women I've had encounters with over the many years when I've had this, none of whom have ever came back to me with news they'd suddenly become infected and blamed me. I am also on speaking terms with some of the women from my past, particularly very good friends with one, and none have to my knowledge had an outbreak since knowing me. This could be that they are asymptomatic or I simply never passed anything on. The medical community will scare you with how contagious this is, but is it really?

My symptoms are usually not severe. Like I said, no blisters or sores. Just a small rash. I have been given medication for future outbreaks. Obviously this impacts the future, which I am most upset about, particularly with any future long-term monogamous partner. My notch count is hardly Olympian compared to others who've been in the game for many years during the heyday of pick-up, which makes this hard to process. I am guessing I caught it from a very early encounter before I was even in "game" with a girl I'd have least suspected, even though in those days I was doubly careful. But that's all guesswork.

Stay safe, guys!

Stay safe, guys!
Sorry to hear what you are going true.
It reminds me of girl. I met her 4 years ago. As I was always a Christian and was looking for a long-term relationship - I mentioned that I would expect her to get checked for STDs. The same day she texted me revealing that "her ex-partner infected her with herpes simplex" and thanked me for my time. I told her I was not breaking up with her - she was delighted by hearing that.
I have to add she was drop-dead gorgeous (or a 10/10, as the old PUA world would say) and only turned 24. We ended up dating fro about 3 months romantically -there was no intimacy except for hugs and holding hands. (I ended the relationship because she was unable to bounds, she turned out to be a heavy drinker, a party goer...probably the results of being raised by a single mum and having history of an abusive relationship.) . I dodged more than one bullet there., I suppose.
At that point I learned a lot about HSV. Apparently testing for it is unreliable. Most of the time you only know when its too late: once you already have symptoms.As you know, there is no cure. HSV is extremely common: in some communities in the US and the UK as many as 30-40 of adults have (many symptom-free.)
The NHS would probably try to put you on anti-virals (aciclonavinir most likely) if you take that plus use protection, there is approx still 1% that you infect your future wife with it.
Since you are in the UK, try to contact the Jefferiss Wing at St Mary's Hospital, London. They can probably provide you with confidential, non-judgmental advice.
Stay safe.

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer

Stay safe, guys!
I have heard that L-Lysine and Astragalus are helpful for this virus. But yea I echo Roosh's sentiments. Most likely need to ask why your immune system is failing at this point to control it. You have likely had herpes for a long time but the immune system managed to keep it in check. For me, I have cold sores (herpes 1) from since I was little, and it will resurface if I am sleep-deprived, stressed out, or sick with another virus like a cold.

Sol Invictus

Sparrow
Orthodox Catechumen
I have heard that L-Lysine and Astragalus are helpful for this virus. But yea I echo Roosh's sentiments. Most likely need to ask why your immune system is failing at this point to control it. You have likely had herpes for a long time but the immune system managed to keep it in check. For me, I have cold sores (herpes 1) from since I was little, and it will resurface if I am sleep-deprived, stressed out, or sick with another virus like a cold.
I read somewhere that about 70% of adults have herpes simplex 1, with the rates being higher outside of the US. I have absolutely no doubt about this number considering the number of women I knew in Ukraine who I saw with cold sores. Really, it's not the end of the world. I had a cold sore outbreak about six years ago that lasted for a couple of months and then went away, and have had nothing since then. I'm sure it'll come back at some point, but I think a healthy diet that focuses on building up your immune system goes a long way towards suppressing outbreaks.

griffinmill

Kingfisher
Thank you all for your helpful words.

My immune system is most definitely not running optimally at the moment. I have felt like crap for the last year and a bit. Covid regulations meant no gym or work and the recovery from that stasis has been slow. My diet is also not the best.

Thanks again for everyone's input.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
I read somewhere that about 70% of adults have herpes simplex 1, with the rates being higher outside of the US. I have absolutely no doubt about this number considering the number of women I knew in Ukraine who I saw with cold sores. Really, it's not the end of the world. I had a cold sore outbreak about six years ago that lasted for a couple of months and then went away, and have had nothing since then. I'm sure it'll come back at some point, but I think a healthy diet that focuses on building up your immune system goes a long way towards suppressing outbreaks.

Basically everyone will contract HSV-1 in their lifetime (usually as infants) and it`s quite benign, but HSV-2 is a bit more problematic. Here`s an interesting video on human herpes in the context of ageing and CMV specifically. (HHV-5, out of the 8 human herpes viruses) It`s really about immunity as Roosh said also, rather than the virus itself. But of course you want to avoid accumulating to many viruses.

Last edited:

Don Quixote

Pelican
Orthodox Inquirer
Basically everyone will contract HSV-1 in their lifetime (usually as infants) and it`s quite benign, but HSV-2 is a bit more problematic. Here`s an interesting video on human herpes in the context of ageing and CMV specifically. (HHV-5, out of the 8 human herpes viruses) It`s really about immunity as Roosh said also, rather than the virus itself. But of course you want to avoid accumulating to many viruses.

That's the reason I suggested astragalus and lysine. Lysine inhibits viral replication, and astragalus is a T-cell booster. I think many people should take astragalus because it is EXTREMELY safe. From an herb perspective it is one of the few I take long term. And I think that most stuff today is immunosuppressive. EMF, Epstein bar viruses, Lyme disease, etc. Lots of these illnesses , which are more common than people think, are immunosuppressive. Even just poor nutrition or sleep is, of course, and these are universal. So I recommend these two things off the top of my head.

Johnnyvee

Ostrich
That's the reason I suggested astragalus and lysine. Lysine inhibits viral replication, and astragalus is a T-cell booster. I think many people should take astragalus because it is EXTREMELY safe. From an herb perspective it is one of the few I take long term. And I think that most stuff today is immunosuppressive. EMF, Epstein bar viruses, Lyme disease, etc. Lots of these illnesses , which are more common than people think, are immunosuppressive. Even just poor nutrition or sleep is, of course, and these are universal. So I recommend these two things off the top of my head.

I`m not taking anything except 1g NMN per day at the moment, but astragalus might be a good idea yes. Used to drink a tea with that and some other things. I would perhaps say that viruses are taxing the immune system and hence ageing it, it`s a bit more precise than saying that viruses are immunosuppressive. Lack of sleep has a huge negative impact on immunity!

bk19xsa

Robin
Thank you for sharing.

I supposedly have both HSV (Herpes) 1 and 2. I am 37. I probably got it 2 years back.

So far it has been okay. No rash as such but these 2 viruses can be active without any obvious symptoms.

I got Acyclovir (Zovirax) based on my reports but after consulting with a physician, I was advised to not take it unless I experience strong symptoms as the drug can be heavy/harmful for the Kidneys.

Besides this, my worries are of passing it to my gf (who will be my future wife). She is aware of this. If she gets infected during future pregnancy, then that can be a big concern for the health of the baby. We will make sure to consult the doctor and that she is tested regularly and symptoms free during that time.

I have also read that in some rare cases Herpes 2 can cause Meningitis or Encephalitis. Read both also treatable within the right time.

There is also progress on work for its cure/ prevention meds. If the world gets back to normal, then it is expected to have a working cure within the next decade.

I was informed by the doctor that the virus will reactivate very rarely if the body remains healthy and the immune system is good. If you felt the symptoms were strong, then use the the meds you were given for alleviating your symptoms. Usually they should go away after a week. Stay strong and eat healthy till then. And, consult with a doctor who has some expertise in this for what should be your lifestyle, nutrition and meds (if required) going forward.

I am still learning more about this virus myself and I hope and pray it works out for you, me and others who might have it.

Would welcome further advice of those who have had it or know about it.

@ griffinmill

There are nine variants of the herpes simplex virus.

If you caught chicken pox as a child you have the herpes virus. Young people catch herpes type-1 (cold sores) from kissing. Something like 70% of the population have cold sores. Also, 'mono' or the Epstein-Barr virus is a variant of the herpes virus and this is is also transmitted when people kiss one another. Approximately 20% of the population have herpes type-2 (genital herpes) and the majority of them are asymptomatic (they have no symptoms). Elderly people suffer from shingles which is also a variant of the herpes virus.

In the late nineteen sixties the 'sexual revolution' began and more people were having sex outside of marriage. The rates of genital herpes exploded throughout the seventies and the pharmaceutical companies developed drugs to alleviate the symptoms. These companies needed to recoup their investments in these drugs and this is when the 'herpes scare' began - IT WAS A MARKETING EXERCISE BY THE DRUG COMPANIES!

As I mentioned above - the vast majority of people with genital herpes have no symptoms (asymptomatic carriers). The next cohort have minor symptoms. A small number need to take herpes medication as they have more frequent outbreaks. People who haven't been exposed to other variants of this virus (chicken pox, cold sores, mono etc) tend to have more extreme symptoms as their bodies haven't been able to build tolerance / immunity. As time goes by your body will develop a tolerance to this virus. If you take medication your chances of passing on the virus are slim to none.

If you get married and you decide to have children then you should avoid having sexual relations after the third trimester (six month mark). New-born babies can be infected with the virus, however, this is a freak / abnormal situation. It happens to about three children every year in the UK. This is occurs when a pregnant woman with little exposure to the virus has sex and catches the virus in the third trimester. Another freak situation is when the virus enters the body through the eyeball which can cause cause serious symptoms - so don't go around licking people's eyeballs :)

In closing, genital herpes is a non-issue that was hyped by the drug companies in the seventies. People in the medical community have a lot more serious things to worry about. The human papillomavirus (HPV) virus is a lot more dangerous as it can lead to cervical cancer etc. and it's very hard to detect. If you have more than three sexual partners than you more than likely have the HPV virus. Most of us on this forum probably have the HPV virus.

Genital herpes is a non-issue!

Last edited:

griffinmill

Kingfisher
@ griffinmill

There are nine variants of the herpes simplex virus.

If you caught chicken pox as a child you have the herpes virus. Young people catch herpes type-1 (cold sores) from kissing. Something like 70% of the population have cold sores. Also, 'mono' or the Epstein-Barr virus is a variant of the herpes virus and this is is also transmitted when people kiss one another. Approximately 20% of the population have herpes type-2 (genital herpes) and the majority of them are asymptomatic (they have no symptoms). Elderly people suffer from shingles which is also a variant of the herpes virus.

In the late nineteen sixties the 'sexual revolution' began and more people were having sex outside of marriage. The rates of genital herpes exploded throughout the seventies and the pharmaceutical companies developed drugs to alleviate the symptoms. These companies needed to recoup their investments in these drugs and this is when the 'herpes scare' began - IT WAS A MARKETING EXERCISE BY THE DRUG COMPANIES!

As I mentioned above - the vast majority of people with genital herpes have no symptoms (asymptomatic carriers). The next cohort have minor symptoms. A small number need to take herpes medication as they have more frequent outbreaks. People who haven't been exposed to other variants of this virus (chicken pox, cold sores, mono etc) tend to have more extreme symptoms as their bodies haven't been able to build tolerance / immunity. As time goes by your body will develop a tolerance to this virus. If you take medication your chances of passing on the virus are slim to none.

If you get married and you decide to have children then you should avoid having sexual relations after the third trimester (six month mark). New-born babies can be infected with the virus, however, this is a freak / abnormal situation. It happens to about three children every year in the UK. This is occurs when a pregnant woman with little exposure to the virus has sex and catches the virus in the third trimester. Another freak situation is when the virus enters the body through the eyeball which can cause cause serious symptoms - so don't go around licking people's eyeballs :)

In closing, genital herpes is a non-issue that was hyped by the drug companies in the seventies. People in the medical community have a lot more serious things to worry about. The human papillomavirus (HPV) virus is a lot more dangerous as it can lead to cervical cancer etc. and it's very hard to detect. If you have more than three sexual partners than you more than likely have the HPV virus. Most of us on this forum probably have the HPV virus.

Genital herpes is a non-issue!

Thank you for this, it's definitely put my mind at ease.

The other thing that does bring me some comfort is I've definitely lived with this for 10 years, at least, without an official diagnosis, and it's brought me no real problems or complications with myself or any of my partners.

tiikaa

Pigeon
Try L-Lysine , its supposed to inhibit replication of Virus, especially herpes.. it's antagonist is called L-Argenine, which may be beneficial to virus replication/growth (so avoid foods with lots of Argenine like nuts...)

Thank you all for your helpful words.

My immune system is most definitely not running optimally at the moment. I have felt like crap for the last year and a bit. Covid regulations meant no gym or work and the recovery from that stasis has been slow. My diet is also not the best.

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Covid regulations mean no going to the gym but I discovered kettlebells last year and they've been a great way to keep fit at home. If it's feasible, I would invest in a couple because I have a feeling the UK will go into another lockdown sooner or later. People are already talking about September.

2negative

Pigeon

Stay safe, guys!
Don’t be too down about it. I’ve had both 1 and 2 for nearly a decade. I don’t take Valtrex regularly and only have about one mild outbreak a year. It’s very difficult to transmit the virus without an active outbreak. Luckily you can actually feel the blister beginning to form and at that point you can take a megadose of Valtrex over two days which prevents the virus from bubbling up to the surface. I keep this megadose on hand so it’s available in a pinch, whether at home or on vacation. The doctor will know the amount to prescribe. If you’re still on the dating market there are websites specifically for HSV positive singles. This infection has existed since at least antiquity (the name herpes comes ancient Greek) and was not a big deal at all until Valtrex was invented and the stigma manufactured by big pharma to create a market for the drug. There are also more natural remedies you can research online, including certain amino acids and foods like beets. I’ve used tea tree oil and Desitin to speed healing, but since using the megadose these have become superfluous. Good luck, and keep your head up.

Last edited:
Chlorine Dioxide can CURE herpes.

The website for the person (Jim Humble) who brought this to the public in the form of MMS is often attacked so may not be accessible, but here it is anyway:

Else use Yandex.com as your search engine and search "MMS", "Chlorine Dioxide", or "Jim Humble".

When you are able to finally access Jim's site, you can download a user guide (for a small fee) which explains proper mixing and doses. There are free online copies but I feel Jim Humble deserves the donations for his great service to humanity.