Hitler's first speech as Chancellor of Germany in 1933.

ilostabet

Kingfisher
No, Rheiner's point is concise and on target. Germany in the 1930s was for more modern than in the 1920s, and orders of magnitude less degenerate. It became a prosperous society built on a foundation of family, labor and nation, and technology enabled it.

Technology is just a tool that can be used to great benefit for the public, or to spread degeneracy and control it. We had TV, movies and magazines in the 1950s, but it was only until the morality code was broken in the 1960s that they became a tool for degeneracy. The content before that was largely positive.
You can listen to Archbishop Fulton Sheen, a Catholic, discussing the society of his time (the 1950s) to get an idea of how non-degenerate it was - of course to our eyes it looks like paradise in comparison (well, kinda), but still, a society in complete disarray, which incidentally has led to the full on meltdown of the 60s. Kids don't suddenly become revolutionaries just because subversive forces tell them to - that's a caricature akin to those anti-weed ads where an exemplary student smokes one joint and becomes a complete burnout.

In any case, what I have advanced are philosophical propositions about the nature of media, not statements about a period of history in itself. I am way less interested in that. But since we're on historical anecdotes, what you said proved my point exactly: 'the morality code was broken' - meaning, there was tight regulation to not allow it as a tool for degeneracy. Once the code was broken, it fulfilled its inherent bias - which is not to promote sexual deviancy as such (at least not primarily and most prominently), just low-brow, lowest common denominator, vulgarity.

Crow
You can listen to Archbishop Fulton Sheen, a Catholic, discussing the society of his time (the 1950s) to get an idea of how non-degenerate it was - of course to our eyes it looks like paradise in comparison (well, kinda), but still, a society in complete disarray, which incidentally has led to the full on meltdown of the 60s. Kids don't suddenly become revolutionaries just because subversive forces tell them to - that's a caricature akin to those anti-weed ads where an exemplary student smokes one joint and becomes a complete burnout.

In any case, what I have advanced are philosophical propositions about the nature of media, not statements about a period of history in itself. I am way less interested in that. But since we're on historical anecdotes, what you said proved my point exactly: 'the morality code was broken' - meaning, there was tight regulation to not allow it as a tool for degeneracy. Once the code was broken, it fulfilled its inherent bias - which is not to promote sexual deviancy as such (at least not primarily and most prominently), just low-brow, lowest common denominator, vulgarity.

The vulgarity reflected the change in political and economic leadership which accelerated in the 1960s. I think you probably don't understand that this was an inflection point in cultural degeneracy and a result of a massive social engineering program because you are removed from it culturally, historically and geographically. The notion that kids growing up watching Two and a Half Men are going to have the same moral values as those that watched Leave it to Beaver does not make any sense. I am not going to elaborate here because it's off topic, but here is a good insight:

TV's Evil Tentacles: Two & A Half Men

January 15, 2015

CharlieSheen3.jpg
(

Charlie Sheen, the original bad boy, left the show in 2011.)

Michael Winters counts the crude or perverted references
in a recent episode of "Two and a half Men."
The show, one of the highest rated comedies for
a dozen years, is being cancelled after this season.
No doubt it will be replaced by more Cabalist Jewish filth
like the upcoming "Transparent."

Michael Winter, is an "awareness writer and published author, living in Duhmerika."

by Michael Winter

(henrymakow.com)

We've all heard the grumblings that mainstream, prime time television is not what it used to be. Gone are the days of Andy Griffith, and this is not a nostalgic plea for a return to Mayberry. However, what is now termed 'entertainment' is vulgar enough to make a prostitute (compared to a script writer) blush.

mileykutcher.jpg
(Ashton Kutcher replaced Sheen in 2012)

There are numerous tentacles of evil emanating from our televisions: Mind control, suggestive programming, passive subliminal messages, low light mind control techniques and many others. What I'm addressing here is the opposite of subtle. The masters of Hollywood have directed their minions to desensitize us to aberrant sexual filth.

The way to desensitize us is to fling it in our faces with unceasing relentlessness...you know, like all the zombie crap. The goal is to turn our entire culture into one huge Sodom & Gomorrah stretching from coast to coast- and they're succeeding! The goal of satanism is to take that which is good and make it bad, and take that which is bad and make it good.

COUNTING THE FILTH

lorre.jpg

(Show creator Chuck Lorre)

The purpose of this article is to shake the sleep from people's eyes. One way to do this is to list various crudities by subject and number of times each was mentioned in a recent episode of Two and a Half Men lasting twenty two minutes. While this show is shocking, sadly, there are other shows on prime time that are even worse. Ask yourself this question, "If I let my children listen and absorb this stuff for years, will it change them on a fundamental level?"

You decide- here is the list, and if you are easily offended, please stop now.

2- Sodomy
1- Adultery
1- Fellatio
1- Sounds of loud sex
3- Orgasm
2 - Sex toy(s)
2- Boner(s)
4- cruel mocking of others
1- Cocaine
3- Alcohol
2- Marijuana
2- Underage drinking
3- Incest
1- Lust
2- Female anatomy, lower region
2- Male anatomy
1- Satanism
3- Testicles
1- Celebrity idolatry
1- Mocking of Christianity
1- Barely dressed women
1- Mocking -going to church
1- Insensitive child intolerance
1- Benefits of plastic surgery
3- Homosexuality

aaronsohn.jpg
(
Co-creator Lee Aaronsohn)

Night after night, show after show. It is amazing they manage to cram this much morally decadent verbiage into a mere 22 minutes. This equates to one reference every 30 seconds!

Attempting to turn 330,000,000 people into sex starved narcissistic consumerist couch potatoes is no small task, but they seem to be succeeding remarkably well.
----

NOTE: ANGUS JONES STANDS UP FOR HIS PRINCIPLES

angus.jpg

Despite making $350,000 an episode, Angus T. Jones, 20 -- the actor who played the child for nearly ten years called the show "filth" and quit in 2012. He was the highest paid child star in TV history.

He said recently the show "was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people. And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it but I was still doing it."

Jones, 20, made the comments in an interview with TV station KHOU in Houston, where he was speaking at the Seventh-Day Adventist church World Harvest Outreach. He is currently focused on the church and his life as a college student at the University of Colorado at Boulder.

Goni

Sparrow
911, thank you for your comments.

If you have time and energy enough, I would wish your opinion on posts nr2, nr4, nr 7 and nr 8.

You can quote or reply to them if you want.

Easy_C

Crow
If you presume that all national governments past and present (including your own no matter where you are) are deeply immersed in worship of the fallen one then you will never be proven wrong if you dig deeply enough.

By what confluence of events would honest, decent men edge out devious snakes from power? Not except by God's will, and ever since the first sin He has made it clear that it is satan's place to offer men worldly temptations such as power, while Christ's faithful suffer here what they must on their path to Heaven to be by God's side eternally.

So if you have to ask "was/is leader X a Christian" and it's not utterly clear by his works that he is in submission to Christ then the answer is no, said leader wittingly or unwittingly serves the devil, no matter what they filled out on their census.

There have been exceptions. A number of heads of state have been canonized such as the Spanish king who led the Reconquista.

ilostabet

Kingfisher
The vulgarity reflected the change in political and economic leadership which accelerated in the 1960s. I think you probably don't understand that this was an inflection point in cultural degeneracy and a result of a massive social engineering program because you are removed from it culturally, historically and geographically. The notion that kids growing up watching Two and a Half Men are going to have the same moral values as those that watched Leave it to Beaver does not make any sense. I am not going to elaborate here because it's off topic, but here is a good insight:

TV's Evil Tentacles: Two & A Half Men

January 15, 2015

CharlieSheen3.jpg
(

Charlie Sheen, the original bad boy, left the show in 2011.)

Michael Winters counts the crude or perverted references
in a recent episode of "Two and a half Men."
The show, one of the highest rated comedies for
a dozen years, is being cancelled after this season.
No doubt it will be replaced by more Cabalist Jewish filth
like the upcoming "Transparent."

Michael Winter, is an "awareness writer and published author, living in Duhmerika."

by Michael Winter

(henrymakow.com)

We've all heard the grumblings that mainstream, prime time television is not what it used to be. Gone are the days of Andy Griffith, and this is not a nostalgic plea for a return to Mayberry. However, what is now termed 'entertainment' is vulgar enough to make a prostitute (compared to a script writer) blush.

mileykutcher.jpg
(Ashton Kutcher replaced Sheen in 2012)

There are numerous tentacles of evil emanating from our televisions: Mind control, suggestive programming, passive subliminal messages, low light mind control techniques and many others. What I'm addressing here is the opposite of subtle. The masters of Hollywood have directed their minions to desensitize us to aberrant sexual filth.

The way to desensitize us is to fling it in our faces with unceasing relentlessness...you know, like all the zombie crap. The goal is to turn our entire culture into one huge Sodom & Gomorrah stretching from coast to coast- and they're succeeding! The goal of satanism is to take that which is good and make it bad, and take that which is bad and make it good.

COUNTING THE FILTH

lorre.jpg

(Show creator Chuck Lorre)

The purpose of this article is to shake the sleep from people's eyes. One way to do this is to list various crudities by subject and number of times each was mentioned in a recent episode of Two and a Half Men lasting twenty two minutes. While this show is shocking, sadly, there are other shows on prime time that are even worse. Ask yourself this question, "If I let my children listen and absorb this stuff for years, will it change them on a fundamental level?"

You decide- here is the list, and if you are easily offended, please stop now.

2- Sodomy
1- Adultery
1- Fellatio
1- Sounds of loud sex
3- Orgasm
2 - Sex toy(s)
2- Boner(s)
4- cruel mocking of others
1- Cocaine
3- Alcohol
2- Marijuana
2- Underage drinking
3- Incest
1- Lust
2- Female anatomy, lower region
2- Male anatomy
1- Satanism
3- Testicles
1- Celebrity idolatry
1- Mocking of Christianity
1- Barely dressed women
1- Mocking -going to church
1- Insensitive child intolerance
1- Benefits of plastic surgery
3- Homosexuality

aaronsohn.jpg
(
Co-creator Lee Aaronsohn)

Night after night, show after show. It is amazing they manage to cram this much morally decadent verbiage into a mere 22 minutes. This equates to one reference every 30 seconds!

Attempting to turn 330,000,000 people into sex starved narcissistic consumerist couch potatoes is no small task, but they seem to be succeeding remarkably well.
----

NOTE: ANGUS JONES STANDS UP FOR HIS PRINCIPLES

angus.jpg

Despite making $350,000 an episode, Angus T. Jones, 20 -- the actor who played the child for nearly ten years called the show "filth" and quit in 2012. He was the highest paid child star in TV history.

He said recently the show "was making light of topics in our world that are really problems for a lot of people. And I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn't OK with it but I was still doing it."

Jones, 20, made the comments in an interview with TV station KHOU in Houston, where he was speaking at the Seventh-Day Adventist church World Harvest Outreach. He is currently focused on the church and his life as a college student at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Unfortunately, I know way more about American culture and history than I should. And funnily enough, this is because in a modern technological setting, geography is not nearly as relevant in cultural matters, especially those directly tied to communications media. I am replying now in Portugal to a post made in Canada yesterday. And this is funny because it’s another one of those implications of media that is not tied to content – which is the kind of thing I was pointing out.

I feel, though, that I am talking to a wall.

Do you really think that I don’t know, after having been here for years (even before I registered) about the ins and outs of cultural subversion? It’s not like it’s a secret, especially on this side of the internet. But anyone with a thinking brain and a sense of morals can realize it just by comparing the shows of their youth – and mine was in the 90s – to today. I already hated my time at that time, and the more it went forward, the more I understood it and hated it.

I am just not as interested in dumpster diving, because once you know it, you know it. There is no wisdom to be gained, for example, in reading about (as if I didn’t know) the complete filth that is on TV. I don’t watch TV shows anymore and I tell everybody not to do it. One of the worse things TV does to people is that they can no longer speak of ideas, they can only speak of events and personalities. Case in point right here.

So of course I know that a show today is worse than the 50s – and one of the reasons is, like you said and I said, the ‘code was broken’. It’s now been broken for a long, long time. What I was saying is that, first, you need a code (hardly a revolutionary proposition) to enforce moral standards on mediums like tv (the Nazis knew it and the Catholics in America knew it), and I was also saying that even if all the tv shows were free of filth, watching tv is still bad for you. It is bad now when everybody has a little tv on their pockets, even if they only watch culture war videos on youtube. It was a little less bad in the 90s when there was a tv in every room of the house and people were watching Rambo and Rocky movies. And less bad when there was only one in the whole house in black and white and there was a production code.

I was talking about the implications of communication mediums in themselves, but you (and many other people here) seem to be obsessed with cultural subversion so apparently that’s the only thing that comes to your mind, that is the answer to all life’s questions and the only angle worth exploring in trying to make sense of the world we live in. There’s not much I can do about that inclination, I suppose. It’s like I am saying that restaurants are a thing in themselves, with some particular characteristics and implications, and all you can say to me is ‘McDonalds is bad’.

But since you have suggested reading to me, I feel justified in doing the same.

What I was exploring is not really original, it’s a whole field of study called media ecology, and many people wiser than me wrote several books about it, some of which I read. People like Marshall Mcluhan (Canadian Catholic), Walter J. Ong (American Catholic Priest) and Neil Postman (American Jew, sorry about this one, but he was one of the good ones – I even put him on the thread you started). Since they both lived through the period we were discussing and come from the American continent, I think the same charge you made against me cannot be made against them. I would have mentioned Jacques Ellul, but he was French, so I guess geographically impaired and thus none of his books could have anything relevant to say about a global culture.

It might not be as intellectually stimulating and edifying as a description of how many times they mention boners in a Two and Half Men episode, but it might be worth a read nonetheless.

Last edited:

Oberrheiner

Kingfisher
I think you are being purposefully obtuse and needlessly combative.
No, I should have put a smiley I suppose it would have made it clearer :)
I know your position on technology and I respect it, I still hope I'll find the time to actually answer it on the other thread btw.
I am also against all totalitarisms, even if they could seem to be aligned with my own ideology (which the nazis were not, btw).
To me it's like the death penalty, I understand why some are for it, but giving that power to the state - no, never.

ilostabet, thank you for the fresh takes.

You mentioned it feels like you're talking to a wall, I think it's because the foundational assumption you guys operate from is distinct.

Without putting words in anybody's mouth, it seems like:
911 focuses on the substance, on the content. And there is "good" and "bad" content.
You operate from McLuhan's "the medium is the message" premise, i.e. the form, the style of the medium has an "invisible" impact on the user's psyche, which affects him in more profound ways than the visible, consciously consumed content.

Different foundations will result in different conclusions.
It reminds me of what I said to some family members recently: we're better off not talking about the coronavirus anymore.
I think the virus is not a threat to healthy people, you think it is.
Our answer to the question "Is this virus a real threat?" is the foundation which will orient all our opinions on the specifics of the topic.
And since we don't operate from the same foundation, we're virtually bound to disagree on every single policy about the coronavirus.

The pushback needed today is taking back the Vatican, and removing luciferian rainbow flags from churches, an offense punishable by 16 years in jail in the United States today. So more about leaders like E. Michael Jones than Charles Martel.
It's a battle on all fronts

Don't forget that even in the last ~25 years whole nations were uprooted and killed because of their faith in Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Kosovo, South Sudán, Southern Sudan, Sarajevo, Myanmar, Mindanao, Assyria, Northern Nigeria etc etc

I'll leave it at that because it's off topic

Last edited:

Goni

Sparrow
It's a battle on all fronts

Don't forget that even in the last ~25 years whole nations were uprooted and killed because of their faith in Chechnya, Azerbaijan, Kosovo, South Sudán, Southern Sudan, Sarajevo, Myanmar, Mindanao, Assyria, Northern Nigeria etc etc

I'll leave it at that because it's off topic
What faith are these nations that were killed?

Aboulia

Sparrow
ilostabet, thank you for the fresh takes.

You mentioned it feels like you're talking to a wall, I think it's because the foundational assumption you guys operate from is distinct.

Without putting words in anybody's mouth, it seems like:
911 focuses on the substance, on the content. And there is "good" and "bad" content.
You operate from McLuhan's "the medium is the message" premise, i.e. the form, the style of the medium has an "invisible" impact on the user's psyche, which affects him in more profound ways than the visible, consciously consumed content.

Different foundations will result in different conclusions.
It reminds me of what I said to some family members recently: we're better off not talking about the coronavirus anymore.
I think the virus is not a threat to healthy people, you think it is.
Our answer to the question "Is this virus a real threat?" is the foundation which will orient all our opinions on the specifics of the topic.
And since we don't operate from the same foundation, we're virtually bound to disagree on every single policy about the coronavirus.
(Disclaimer: Before I catch any flak, I don't recommend ignoring fixable problems, but when it comes to coronavirus, you're worrying about phantoms)

What you've told your family is good, because it shifts the focus/frame entirely. Don't stare into the bottomless abyss, lest you fall. Look up and ascend the mountain of God.

Healthy cultures know instinctively not to talk about evil things. If you name it, then there is the risk of talking about it, if you talk about it, you run the risk of joking about it. If you joke about it, you run the risk of accepting it. If you accept it, then you will receive your wages. The wages of sin being death.

Speaking of foundations, this exchange between 911 and Ilostabet shows the clear difference between the Roman Catholic and the Eastern Orthodox mind. The RC mind analyzes everything, and tries to tell whether the various television shows belong in the venial and mortal sin category. The Orthodox mind asks you "What makes you think watching television is okay in the first place?"