Faith Holy Water

nagareboshi

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I'm not saying that's wrong and I'm not giving spiritual advice, but keep in mind fasting foods of 200, 1000, 2000 years ago were much more nutrient rich than those same foods are today. For example, wheat. Not only is the average wheat berry less nutritious (because fields are flooded with fertilizer devoid of micronutrients), they strip some of the better parts of it for longer shelf life when making flour, so our bread is less healthy.

St Paisios said a similar thing (and honestly gave revolutionary advice, as his early protests against GMO mass produced food came out decades before “nutritional scientists” picked it up). Now I must ask my priest about this.

nagareboshi

Kingfisher
Orthodox
St Paisios said a similar thing (and honestly gave revolutionary advice, as his early protests against GMO mass produced food came out decades before “nutritional scientists” picked it up).
I didn't know that, do you have a link?

I have transcribed this by hand and it is even more based than I had previously remembered. Posting it in the St. Paisios thread:

Poche

Banned
Catholic
As a Catholic. there is always a little "fount?" (not sure of the proper word) of Holy Water at the front of the Church. When I go to Mass, I dip my right hand in and make the sign of the Cross with it as I enter.

I was an altar boy once, and I can remember certain ceremonies where the priest sprinkled it on the congregation.

I always did have a question about the Holy Water though. In the same year my Parish priest ran off with the mother of one of my classmates and the "second in command" priest was rousted as a paedophile who had been shunted from parish to parish, who had been blessing this "Holy Water"?
When a priest performs any of his priestly functions, mass, baptism, confession, he is not acting in his own name. ,It is Christ who acts through him. So when the priest says mass, it is not he himself who consecrates the bread and wine. It is Christ who acts through him. When he hears confession, it is not he himself who forgives us, it is Christ himself who acts through him. When he gives a blessing as a priest, It is not just he himself who gives the blessing, it is Christ Himself who gives the blessing to the water.

MatthewC

Chicken
Orthodox
I drink some in the morning, fasted, with antidoron and a short morning prayer. Yes as long as theres a tiny bit left you can refill the bottle. Another pro tip is for antidoron, when you bring home the bag of cubes, quarter them and dry them out in the oven. Now you have 4x the amount of antidoron you brought home (there is no need to eat more than 1 small piece a day), and since it's dried out it wont go bad.