Honeymoon/Travel advice

We are planning a trip in early June. Neither of us are taking the vaccine so we’ve been holding out to see how this passport junk progresses.

We both love Mexico. They have no restrictions. But anywhere international requires a COVID test upon return. Forget that.

So we’ve been talking about just staying in our car and road-tripping thru the Smoky Mountains area and ultimately ending up around Charleston. We are coming from Michigan.

Anyone have any ideas or in a similar situation? I hate to be in a position of having to travel. And usually I would just say forget it all. But it makes it more complicated when you’re talking about a wedding.

Same situation here. Leaving in June to head out west to Idaho (also from Michigan, funny enough). Neither of us wanted to hassle with protocols of flying, so we are making a road trip out of it. That being said, we both love road trips anyway. It's a bummer for people who don't, or maybe don't have much time. Whatever you decide to do, have fun! Don't let these lame rules impede too much on your time together. Congrats! The Smokey's are beautiful, and there is plenty of good things to see in that area of the country.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Hawaii. Niagara Falls. Maybe Florida or Texas for the lack of covid restructions? Utah has some nice outdoorsy sites

San Diego is freaking beautiful.

So we’ve been talking about just staying in our car and road-tripping thru the Smoky Mountains area and ultimately ending up around Charleston. We are coming from Michigan.
That's a pretty solid plan. If you're down to tent camp, there's a lot of free campsites around that area. Definitely check out Sliding Rock (near Brevard) on your way down; it's a natural waterslide that's pretty fun. Worley's Cave (Bluff City) is also worth a look, several miles of total darkness and you can camp inside.

Anyone have any ideas or in a similar situation? I hate to be in a position of having to travel. And usually I would just say forget it all. But it makes it more complicated when you’re talking about a wedding.
Not going on a honeymoon, but I'm taking a sabbatical this summer to tent camp my way through Appalachia. It's one of my favorite parts of the country.

bmw633

Woodpecker
Just flew into US from Philippines. Had to do a swab PCR test 72 hours before flight. Planes required masks except while eating. Makes no sense.

My wife and I have been taking Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, and Zinc to boost immune system. Read a study where they found the seriously sick and dead CV19 had Vitamin D3 deficiencies, and there were NO cases where people had D3 levels over 50.

We have stayed at a couple of hotels where upon encountering anyone, the mask start coming on. More for show than anything.

Skyline Drive and Blue Ridge Parkway are really pretty this time of the year.

bucky

Ostrich
Hawaii. Niagara Falls. Maybe Florida or Texas for the lack of covid restructions? Utah has some nice outdoorsy sites

San Diego is freaking beautiful.
I second the Utah suggestion. Check out the national parks in the southern part of the state, places like Arches and Zions. Almost otherworldly beautiful.