House Price Inflation in the UK

reportage published in many national and local papers at the same time:
"At the moment, 33 million Brits have received two doses of a coronavirus vaccine, meaning 49.6 per cent of the population is now fully vaccinated, while almost 78 million have received one dose."

so 33M = roughly 50% of official 66M population... but 78M are vaccinated? "Shumthing doeshen't make shenshe here..."

*(Caveat: Even though I believe there is a 70 million plus population - 78 million vaccinated?)
The actual population (including the undocumented immigrants, visa over-stayers, student, workers on temporary visas etcetc )of the UK is somewhere between 82 and 85 million (!).
This calculation is based on overall grocery sales in the UK.

people all live outside the system still have to eat thus to be difficult to fake such statistic.

Nordwand

Kingfisher
Some discussion on property/finance website House Price Crash:

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
I own a property in the UK that is tenanted. A decent two bedroom flat, that i receive 950 pounds for PCM. Approx market value 240k.

I'm constantly trying to work out when it is best to sell, and have been doing so since Brexit, and then the perpetual 'deal on / off' that dragged out for years in the wake.

Then when that finally was done, Covid came along. Now im worried about having a large lump of cash that would decrease in real terms, due to any potential inflation in the coming year or so.

Where my wife and I live I could buy a good property for approx 50-60k. I would be concerned to have 160k in a bank, effectively decreasing in value. And i dont trust bitcoin, and nor do i have any desire to get into the local buy-to-let market (almost non existant outside of the major cities, where we dont want to live).

I realise this is a good problem to have, but it is quite trying, working out the best time for things, given so much is in flux these days.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Where do people see the housing market going if there's a mass die off from the clot-shot this winter, there's a deflationary crash and everything turns to shit?...

[This guy's making a lot of sense to me;]

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
Where do people see the housing market going if there's a mass die off from the clot-shot this winter, there's a deflationary crash and everything turns to shit?...

Blackrock & co's mass property purchasing patterns over the last year or two would indicate that they're not assuming any kind of drop in demand (eg mass die off) will occur.

TBH it's probably the clearest indication that the Elites aren't going for any kind of mass cull anytime soon.

A combination of more smaller households, and cosolidation of stock. Ie: knocking down walls to make two apartments into one larger apartment.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Blackrock & co's mass property purchasing patterns over the last year or two would indicate that they're not assuming any kind of drop in demand (eg mass die off) will occur.

TBH it's probably the clearest indication that the Elites aren't going for any kind of mass cull anytime soon.

That play makes more sense I guess...

Uproot people, starve them, make them desperate, vax the 'hesitant', round up the stragglers... then go for the cull.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
That play makes more sense I guess...

Uproot people, starve them, make them desperate, vax the 'hesitant', round up the stragglers... then go for the cull.

They're buying up everything they can for buy-to-let, and paying 20-30% over odds, presumably on basis of an impending hyper inflation.

Doesn't really make sense if there was a mass cull in the offing, as the backside would fall out of the housing market, and they would be stuck with a load of empty properties to look after (expensive in itself).