How are you doing, really?

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I’ve been away, both physically out of town and mentally away from checking in to this forum. And I really miss the community feeling and having a place to check in that is not just regular life. You know, the automatic response to “Hi, how’s it going?”
Good, and you?”

I want to know: how is everyone doing, really? What is ACTUALLY on your mind? Share your thoughts and what are really your primary thoughts and concerns. This is the anti- Instagram, anti- Twitter. No dressing up life to make it seem a certain rose-colored way. How is it really going.
Right now. No social filtering. How are you, REALLY?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I'd love to move beyond single life and meet a special guy... but otherwise, lately it's really been sinking in just how blessed I am. I joined an active social group tonight, spent a few hours with my new buds, and then had breakfast for dinner with a few of them. One of the guys was so cute and sweet - visiting from Colombia, named Christian, just had the softest, sweetest touch. I think he's younger than me, but he's so dreamy and it's fun to have a little secret crush and I hope I get to see him there again while he's in town :love:

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I'd love to move beyond single life and meet a special guy... but otherwise, lately it's really been sinking in just how blessed I am. I joined an active social group tonight, spent a few hours with my new buds, and then had breakfast for dinner with a few of them. One of the guys was so cute and sweet - visiting from Colombia, named Christian, just had the softest, sweetest touch. I think he's younger than me, but he's so dreamy and it's fun to have a little secret crush and I hope I get to see him there again while he's in town :love:
@TexasJenn I wish for the best for you. You’re in my prayers. When you’re working on your best self is when God will send you the man who you’re meant to be with. And it will happen. Good women don’t stay alone long, and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders to recognize when the man for you will appear in your life. Peace and love to you.

DelMarMisty

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
This doesn't come from a place of depression or melancholy, but sometimes I find myself wanting life to hurry up so I can go home... I constantly feel like I do not belong in this world. Maybe its really time to go rural and shut off from the world, not sure. Again, I am happy and blessed in many ways, but driven more eternally than the everyday.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
My husband is grumpy from job hunting, and he's been feeling down from being ignored by his family and most of his friends for the past year for coof related reasons.

Every time I bring up a house on Zillow it's usually "why are you even looking at that, I don't know where I'm working." (Also most of the houses I look at get bought up within a week.) So we're in a smallish apartment with an 18 month old right now.

I want to get started on Baby #2 soon but it's the same "we need more room, we need to wait" and I agree OK THAT MAKES SENSE even though my ovaries are like "haha w/e"

My mom was in the hospital this past weekend. For the past month or so I've been thinking about her at night. I'd like to live closer to her for practical reasons. I think my husband wants to live closer to his family, but after the past year I trust them less in general, which I feel bad about, but they can just as easily cut us out of their lives again because another mystery pathogen comes down the pipeline. They're generally good people, and my siblings-in-law are a bit more rational, but it's still there.

Work kind of sucks too because we're back at full capacity and getting slammed but have fewer workers, and we run out of stuff every night so there's minor pandemonium AHHH WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE'RE OUT OF MASHED POTATOES????!!!

ETC. Minor problems, lol

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
also there's a "coin shortage" (CASHLESS SOCIETY) so I can't always get quarters from the bank and supermarkets/gas stations won't exchange bills anymore, I'm collecting quarters from small transactions like some kind of hobo so I can actually do laundry.

Gracie

Sparrow
Woman
Wishing there was ANYONE who lived nearby who wasn't completely woke. Feeling a bit isolated from women who believe what I do. All the christian women I've met are super progressive.

Guess that's why I'm back. ;)

Praying for all of you above.
I'm having a black pill day. Forgive the grumping.

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
These days I'm feeling pretty sick. Mr. @DanielH and I went on a nice vacation, except me being sick. I'm feeling kinda isolated in terms of friends. We were in the process of buying a house, which fell through, so we are stuck where we are for an unknown amount of time. I guess it's all part of God's plan and I know it's under His care, but it sucks to feel stuck. I'm dreaming of an Orthodox community out in the country somewhere kinda like what the Amish have in terms of community and support. I wish more people were able (or willing) to leave the cities and form this type of community. It also doesn't help that the housing market is horrible right now.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
Come to think of it, life is a self inflicted struggle when one isn't a Christian,
but being a Christian struggling uphill against sin, can be even tougher and then add self inflicted ignorance or disobedience to that.

We are a weak Church but God in His wisdom has this generation exactly where He wants us.

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
giphy.gif

(es broma)

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
These days I'm feeling pretty sick. Mr. @DanielH and I went on a nice vacation, except me being sick. I'm feeling kinda isolated in terms of friends. We were in the process of buying a house, which fell through, so we are stuck where we are for an unknown amount of time. I guess it's all part of God's plan and I know it's under His care, but it sucks to feel stuck. I'm dreaming of an Orthodox community out in the country somewhere kinda like what the Amish have in terms of community and support. I wish more people were able (or willing) to leave the cities and form this type of community. It also doesn't help that the housing market is horrible right now.
I truly empathize with your situation. I've been stuck for many months, praying and waiting upon His will.
My situation will leave me the twilight zone in the next few months, unless God has a change of direction.
A knight in shining armour would be good!

This forum has helped keep me sane, especially the mens forum, and even more so their humour.