How are you doing, really?

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Really frustrated and lonely. I can't believe that people just don't care that their family and friends are losing their jobs or being treated differently based on the jab. More importantly I can't believe the Church is also participating in the discrimination or at least tolerating it. It's really hard not to point my finger and get angry at these people for basically enabling the persecution of innocent people.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Really frustrated and lonely. I can't believe that people just don't care that their family and friends are losing their jobs or being treated differently based on the jab. More importantly I can't believe the Church is also participating in the discrimination or at least tolerating it. It's really hard not to point my finger and get angry at these people for basically enabling the persecution of innocent people.
<3 <3 <3 if this were FB I'd do a "care" react, lol

At least you have your husband, though, and your growing family!

I know what you mean about trying not to get angry, though. I was talking to two teachers the other day and what is going on in schools is utterly atrocious (I'm a generally chill person so I try not to get worked up, I just look crazy). It's day prison for children, and it requires a massive amount of cognitive dissonance to get over that fact.

Last edited:

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
Maybe I’m naive, but I too am surprised. I think people are basically in denial that they will be safe (from tyranny) if they just go along. Tyranny never works that way as we all know. Having said that, I do think once they come for their kids they’ll react. Maybe not at first, but eventually. Someone I know will probably get it. He told me he has a family to support. Next time I get a chance I’ll ask him what he’s going to do when they come for his kids.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Maybe I’m naive, but I too am surprised. I think people are basically in denial that they will be safe (from tyranny) if they just go along. Tyranny never works that way as we all know. Having said that, I do think once they come for their kids they’ll react. Maybe not at first, but eventually. Someone I know will probably get it. He told me he has a family to support. Next time I get a chance I’ll ask him what he’s going to do when they come for his kids.

The people I care most about are all in the same boat. That's all I can really ask for, so I'm thankful.

Actually things are going pretty well right now and I'm fairly happy. I love November! :)

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
Yeah I think the only thing to compare it to in order to get people to understand what's happening is the rise of the Nazis. But for some reason they think this is different. They think they wouldn't do that but they are taking all the steps to get there.

joy_grace

Sparrow
Woman
Other Christian
I've been experiencing (excuse me) keto breath for a week due to intermittent fasting. It's so tiring. It's really hard to eat because my mouth tastes like a rotten nail polish remover, yikes... All the food feels rotten too. I hope it will pass soon. On the good side, I'm glad that it's not really a serious health issue.

Keto breath, please go awaaaay aaargh!

Mrs.DanielH

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
I've been experiencing (excuse me) keto breath for a week due to intermittent fasting. It's so tiring. It's really hard to eat because my mouth tastes like a rotten nail polish remover, yikes... All the food feels rotten too. I hope it will pass soon. On the good side, I'm glad that it's not really a serious health issue.

Keto breath, please go awaaaay aaargh!
Just saying there's no evidence that intermittent fasting works or is good for women. There are a lot of weird diet trends right now that are not actually healthy (keto, vegan, intermittent fasting, etc.) Sorry you're not feeling well though :(

joy_grace

Sparrow
Woman
Other Christian
Just saying there's no evidence that intermittent fasting works or is good for women. There are a lot of weird diet trends right now that are not actually healthy (keto, vegan, intermittent fasting, etc.) Sorry you're not feeling well though :(

Thanks @Mrs.DanielH
I do lost a little weight after doing this for about 2-3 weeks. But the bad side is the ketosis effect (keto breath) :-(

I don't do any diet besides intermittent fasting though. Just eating healthy in general.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Yeah I think the only thing to compare it to in order to get people to understand what's happening is the rise of the Nazis. But for some reason they think this is different. They think they wouldn't do that but they are taking all the steps to get there.

I don't think most people understand that much of the modern pharmaceutical industry came from Nazi/Axis "research," or that concentration camps were also slave labor camps for big companies.

One of the very early eugenic programs was Aktion T4, against the disabled (often starved to death and blamed on pneumonia or a bad cold) in care homes. People figured out what was going on (there was a Catholic archbishop who was instrumental in this, too) and put a stop to it, so the Nazi power structure then went for broke with the Final Solution.

I like the story of the Greek bishop who was threatened to be shot and he said something like, "Bishops are hanged. Please respect our traditions!"

Last edited:

Maddox

Woodpecker
Protestant
I'm fine until the weekend comes and then I get super lonely. What depresses me is knowing other people are out there with friends and lovers having a good time while I'm cooped up in my apartment with nowhere to go and no one to accompany me.

DelMarMisty

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
I'm fine until the weekend comes and then I get super lonely. What depresses me is knowing other people are out there with friends and lovers having a good time while I'm cooped up in my apartment with nowhere to go and no one to accompany me.
Are you not going out because there is no where to go as a result of restrictions or no one to hang out with?

Maddox

Woodpecker
Protestant
Are you not going out because there is no where to go as a result of restrictions or no one to hang out with?

The latter. I don't know anyone here so I have to go out alone. And of course that makes it near to impossible to meet a woman as they are always out in 2's. It's almost like I need to make a male friend first just to meet a girl to get a date.

I'm going to try out a new church tomorrow and hopefully change things. That feels like my only hope of having any type of social life.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Catholic
Hey ladies, I’ve been away from the forum and most media in general for a few weeks. Sometimes I need to step away and TCB. Do real world stuff for awhile.

How is everyone doing??? What’s new?
I hope everyone’s holiday preparations are going well and everyone is healthy spiritually and physically.

IconWriter

Robin
Woman
Orthodox
We are doing well, still focused on living a day at a time. Other than having to mask-up in order to attend medical appointments, our daily lives are normal. Spiritually, our prayer life has had to deepen hearing tearful stories of others who are struggling with strained relationships, car repairs, food shortages, and out-of-control schools, so we reach out when we can. Holiday preparations are still in the "making a list" stage, so all of that begins next week.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Things be good! Husband likes new job, son is cranky occasionally but mostly happy, work is fine but understaffed. Taking lots of walks, trying to finish a bunch of books I'm about 3/4s through. We're sort of passively house-hunting but everything we likes gets bought up immediately. Feeling generally cozy.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Protestant
I’m doing much better. I’m awaiting the arrival of a beautiful antique treadle sewing machine I bought online. I’m looking forward to learning to treadle. In other words, I’m planning for the future rather than huddling in fear, depressed and anxious. Of course, a treadle will come in handy should the grid go down, ha.