How are you doing, really?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Totally understand this. I too love working from home, however, lately I've had co-workers say "you never come in anymore" because it is optional. Believe it or not, some prefer to go in 3-4 days a week! I've fought for years for WFH even before this whole ordeal, I just cannot understand going into the office 5 days a week.
I'd tell those people their commute is easier with people who don't want or need to go in not clogging up the roads. Your flexible arrangement is perfect!! I really hope I get that, too.

DelMarMisty

Woodpecker
Woman
Orthodox
I'd tell those people their commute is easier with people who don't want or need to go in not clogging up the roads. Your flexible arrangement is perfect!! I really hope I get that, too.
For now, because I am in lockdown! I think people higher above want the control back....

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I think people higher above want the control back....
Absolutely. But in some cases, they're not going to get it. There are tons of good jobs in my field competing for workers, and WFH is the most attractive perk right now. I told my supervisor that believing in the mission is very important to me and I want to stay, which is why I'm advocating for this so assertively.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Every generation feels like they're in the "end times".
True, the difference why this could be the case for us or for the generation/some generations after us for me is the power structure that is being set up and has been set up for 100 years. If it was just a virus, or just a war, or just a famine, I'd not speak about an endtime scenario. But with a global technocracy connected by AI, digitisation and technology that has as goal openly to enslave whole of humanity and set up a track and trace/controlsystem where the dissidents very likely will be pulled out of society because everything is so centralized and one mark in a system can turn off your access to everything you need for your living, I think things are becoming pretty biblical. We're not at an end scenario in my opinion, but I see it as undeniable that the system that is being set up will play the key role in the reign of the antichrist eventually, without such a system it's impossible to control the world. Adding to that that many of these people are openly Satanic and otherwise probably unknowingly influenced by Satan + the role of the Jews in this and Israel as possible future powerhouse, there are quite some signs where this is going.

With regard to this topic, great topic, in modern society my saying is the bigger the smile on insta the bigger the drepression and the bigger the smile on linkedin the more dissatisfaction with their job. Great to have an honest discussion about how we feel amid coordinated cultural/economic/political terror attacks on our spiritual state continuously. Personally I have ups 'n downs, sometimes I feel I'm not clear about my mission in all of this and that can bother me. The way I view the world is so different now from the normies that it's increasingly harder to connect with them or taking part in their nihilistic lifestyle, but I'm in the belly of the beast hence to some extent I am influenced by that and at this moment I haven't found the strength yet to go after companionship with (orthodox) Christians or other red pilled people besides this forum, which I'm grateful for but obviously is a digital and mostly American format. But I think we're all on a mission here for we know the truth, otherwise we wouldn't have this communion here, even though that mission may not be clear to us at this moment. This mission may even be ''only'' the have eternal life. We must trust the personal revelation that comes to us over time through information and experience. That is something to realize, the uniqueness of knowing what's going on and the disparity between the world view of the normie and the redpill Christian (or secular for that matter, which I view as a step belong the ultimate truth of the God pill but hopefully on his way). So thank y'all and hope you can find meaning and your mission in the suffering life unmistakingly entails, despite the lies of modern society. And amidst that experience friendship, companionship, positivity and so on.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
True, the difference why this could be the case for us or for the generation/some generations after us for me is the power structure that is being set up and has been set up for 100 years. If it was just a virus, or just a war, or just a famine, I'd not speak about an endtime scenario. But with a global technocracy connected by AI, digitisation and technology that has as goal openly to enslave whole of humanity and set up a track and trace/controlsystem where the dissidents very likely will be pulled out of society because everything is so centralized and one mark in a system can turn off your access to everything you need for your living, I think things are becoming pretty biblical. We're not at an end scenario in my opinion, but I see it as undeniable that the system that is being set up will play the key role in the reign of the antichrist eventually, without such a system it's impossible to control the world. Adding to that that many of these people are openly Satanic and otherwise probably unknowingly influenced by Satan + the role of the Jews in this and Israel as possible future powerhouse, there are quite some signs where this is going.

With regard to this topic, great topic, in modern society my saying is the bigger the smile on insta the bigger the drepression and the bigger the smile on linkedin the more dissatisfaction with their job. Great to have an honest discussion about how we feel amid coordinated cultural/economic/political terror attacks on our spiritual state continuously. Personally I have ups 'n downs, sometimes I feel I'm not clear about my mission in all of this and that can bother me. The way I view the world is so different now from the normies that it's increasingly harder to connect with them or taking part in their nihilistic lifestyle, but I'm in the belly of the beast hence to some extent I am influenced by that and at this moment I haven't found the strength yet to go after companionship with (orthodox) Christians or other red pilled people besides this forum, which I'm grateful for but obviously is a digital and mostly American format. But I think we're all on a mission here for we know the truth, otherwise we wouldn't have this communion here, even though that mission may not be clear to us at this moment. This mission may even be ''only'' the have eternal life. We must trust the personal revelation that comes to us over time through information and experience. That is something to realize, the uniqueness of knowing what's going on and the disparity between the world view of the normie and the redpill Christian (or secular for that matter, which I view as a step belong the ultimate truth of the God pill but hopefully on his way). So thank y'all and hope you can find meaning and your mission in the suffering life unmistakingly entails, despite the lies of modern society. And amidst that experience friendship, companionship, positivity and so on.
God has provided you much insight. We are in the last days of Humanism, whereby the many who rely on man-centered false prophecy will be reaping that, so yes, it is their last days, and the wicked are being raptured.

God has set a trap for the trappers, and the more consistent one's theology is in His law by His grace is, as well as one's obedience and allegiance is to it, the more protection and blessings can be expected.

Fearing God more than fearing man is the ultimate theme of this world wide trap.
The world wide plague is really our missed place fear and all else are symptoms of it.
We've been fearing everything that we shouldn't, the broad road downwards of idol worship, instead of fearing the one true living Christ and His narrow way upwards.

Equity wins over equality; Psalm2.

stugatz

Pelican
This reminded me of Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. It's a hard slog, the kitchen, but as you explained it feels like real work at the end of the day. I've worked in kitchens in the past, as much as I had resentment, connecting with the people help and you will hear some interesting stories and perhaps even start to enjoy it. Why does the bar staff hurry you out?
When they're done closing themselves, they're under pressure from the owner to shut the place as quickly as possible (don't waste more electricity, etc. than necessary). Usually you can get a bartender to wait ten minutes or so for you, but anything more than that is really pushing it, because they're under pressure to be fast, too.

Thankfully, their closing process involves its own challenges (mainly cleaning up their area of the bar, and balancing the register) so it's not like they're done immediately when we close. On a night we close at 10, for example, I usually shut the stove & fryers off at 9:30, and am done with my cleanup process by 10:30. Since the bartender decided to stay open a little longer last night, I was done by 10:30, but intentionally stayed a half hour longer to just make sure my T's were crossed and my I's were dotted (double check everything, wipe down every surface twice).

I did forget to fill the sauce bottles again.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I did forget to fill the sauce bottles again.

The worst thing that happens is that the opener goes WHO CLOSED LAST NIGHT and refills them.

We had a SHTF afternoon, which seems to be every Sunday now. It's a high-volume restaurant desined to have two grill cooks when it's busy, as well one on eggs/fryer and then someone in the window/expo-type thing. Morning went smoothly with two cooks, then it was down to one (me) with an extra person helping in the window. There's this intermediate time on Sundays where the brunch/after church/got up late, going out with the fam crowd comes in where it's half breakfast, half dinner, so the tickets get backed up with a bunch of well-done sirloins and burgers, etc.

I found one of the older servers sitting down in the walk-in because she couldn't handle it. There's only about four servers even on busy days. They do make bank though.

I hate the day shift so much, lol

stugatz

Pelican
I make a decent amount hourly, but I guarantee the servers probably make at least a third more than I do.

Although I am a mediocre multitasker at best...maybe it’s good that I am where I am. I actually don’t mind chopping six buckets of onions or skewering 200 pieces of candied bacon. (That actually was my prep yesterday, no exaggeration.)

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
Ups and downs. Downs, when I'm exposed to the news in the world and focus too much on myself, and ups when I absent myself from the world outside, and focus on the Lord, my family and friends, and live in the moment.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I have a secular friend who I'm noticing uses a lot of profanity. It's bothering me more and more. It seems to be increasing. It kinda feels like I'm being tested. I feel compelled to say something to her, but I know she'll get defensive and hurt. What makes it harder is she's a good friend of years who's been there for me at the worst times, when nobody else was. Siiiiiiigh. This is hard.

drover13

Chicken
Woman
Orthodox

I can believe we’re living in the end times. We might not be of course, but for each of us there is an end time and our own personal apocalypse (not my words but I can’t remember who said it). For that reason the outside madness helps remind one of that.

The antichrist system is quickly being put into place as you say with the techno/digital/slave system people are being herded into, along with the gene editing injections. People in earlier times did think theirs was the end time but the stage hadn’t been set for a one world government like it is now. Would it have been possible before? Sovereignty existed then but I’m not sure about today. One elder in Greece made a comparison that a patient who is dying, him and his dr know he’s dying, but then he suddenly becomes better and gets up, and that doesn’t mean he wasn’t close to death prior to that. People who thought they were living in the end times may not have been wrong, just something happened (divine intervention) and life took a different course. Only God knows what will come of this but it’s safest to assume it’s really the end time, isn’t it?

Maybe it also depends where each of us is located. Some countries are somewhat normal now while others have lost their heads. I’m definitely living in the latter lol so maybe my perspective is skewed.

Elipe

Pelican
I would really appreciate having a few more trusty, reliable friends. I'm thankful for the ones I do have, but I see and talk to them so little compared to back in the good ol' days. And I miss how easy it used to be to make friends.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
I would really appreciate having a few more trusty, reliable friends. I'm thankful for the ones I do have, but I see and talk to them so little compared to back in the good ol' days. And I miss how easy it used to be to make friends.
I'm your friend; you and your wife's friend.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
I have a secular friend who I'm noticing uses a lot of profanity. It's bothering me more and more. It seems to be increasing. It kinda feels like I'm being tested. I feel compelled to say something to her, but I know she'll get defensive and hurt. What makes it harder is she's a good friend of years who's been there for me at the worst times, when nobody else was. Siiiiiiigh. This is hard.
I was in the the same situation recently. The first time, I let it go but the next situation I will establish my boundaries.

Granted, I do use profanity when I'm engaging an enemy of Christ, which can be justified depending on the context, but I never use it casually.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Interesting. How do you justify it? I don't think use of profanity can ever be justified. We're supposed to be as Christ-like as possible, and I don't imagine he'd ever lower himself to that.

stugatz

Pelican
I have a problem with cursing when I'm in private and nobody else is around (so, usually at work when I'm stressed and everyone is out of the room). I think that's good for someone who was raised by an army colonel who couldn't stop using bad language.

I don't like swearing these days unless I'm really upset and want to send that message by talking differently than I usually do. It's still probably not necessary.

I casually say damn and hell a lot.