How are you doing, really?

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
When someone is struggling with proper use of vocabulary, sometimes it's best, unless it's outright blasphemy, to lead by example or even with humor.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Good news from my neck of the woods: my supervisor just approved me to work from home, at least in the short term, 3 or 4 days a week!!! Just 1 or 2 days a week in the office is totally doable and I can even imagine that this arrangement will be enjoyable. It's a relatively cool office with great people. He says eventually they'll probably want us back full time, but of course I'm already rallying the team to prove that we can handle a hybrid model with no major issues and it can work as a long-term arrangement.

They've seemed so old-school and stodgy about this all along, so I'm just thrilled that they're showing some flexibility.

From the moment I found out I was due back full time, I've been full of dread and borderline depressed. Now it's like a light switch has been turned on and I feel like myself again. Eeeeeee!

Elipe

Pelican
Good news from my neck of the woods: my supervisor just approved me to work from home, at least in the short term, 3 or 4 days a week!!! Just 1 or 2 days a week in the office is totally doable and I can even imagine that this arrangement will be enjoyable. It's a relatively cool office with great people. He says eventually they'll probably want us back full time, but of course I'm already rallying the team to prove that we can handle a hybrid model with no major issues and it can work as a long-term arrangement.

They've seemed so old-school and stodgy about this all along, so I'm just thrilled that they're showing some flexibility.

From the moment I found out I was due back full time, I've been full of dread and borderline depressed. Now it's like a light switch has been turned on and I feel like myself again. Eeeeeee!
Cool! I'm scheduled for a hybrid work environment pretty soon too, from full WFH. One nice aspect of this I am going to appreciate is being able to go out to lunch once a week with my co-workers. That'll be a good way to socialize with some really good folks, and one of them I know is based, so that'll be fun. Hope you have a similar thing going on!

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Cool! I'm scheduled for a hybrid work environment pretty soon too, from full WFH. One nice aspect of this I am going to appreciate is being able to go out to lunch once a week with my co-workers. That'll be a good way to socialize with some really good folks, and one of them I know is based, so that'll be fun. Hope you have a similar thing going on!
Honestly, I'm super lucky. My office is downtown and I have a huge window with a beautiful skyline view. I'm working on a super cool project that's going to be a radical transformation for the better.

I'm also looking forward to hanging out with cool people at work, and 1-2 days a week is plenty of time to do that. This way I'll get the best of all worlds - plenty of time working in my cozy home, minimal commute time, only have to dress up 1-2 days a week, plenty of time for my workouts and other hobbies. I'm totally happy with this arrangement, and will be making every effort to prove it's viable for the long term.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!! :cool:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Had to drive out 25 minutes to another bank location to track down quarters (our laundry is $1.25/load). Can't get them in stores, my bank branch in the supermarket said, "we don't have ANY, there's a coin shortage!" A local convenience store is offering $5 off if you pay in coins, so maybe we'll get some hoagies. Thanks for the errand, Klaus Schwab.

My ovaries kind of hurt and I'm not sure if I should go to the doctor. They usually go "uh it's stress, take some ibuprofen" if there's any kind of ache or pain.

Last edited:

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Also, this is kind of in the "weird things you've been noticing lately" category. My husband and I went to the beach for a few days, and there was a huge uptick of non-binary/trans whatever people compared to last year (granted, last year we went on vacation when most people were staying home, so we didn't see much of anybody). Women with scraggly beards and men with breasts.

One couple was a girl wearing a long skirt because she had hairy legs, and a long-sleeved blouse. Almost looked Mennonite tbh (but obviously wasn't). The man had long hair but was wearing a skirt and Birkenstocks and a cross-body purse. They probably would have just been goths or punks 20-25 years ago.

I feel like the trans thing is a kind of autism where they can't relate to the opposite sex because they're DIFFERENT. It's really unsettling to see all these people wandering around on a boardwalk at night, though.

Last edited:

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
Also, this is kind of in the "weird things you've been noticing lately" category. My husband and I went to the beach for a few days, and there was a huge uptick of non-binary/trans whatever people compared to last year (granted, last year we went on vacation when most people were staying home, so we didn't see much of anybody). Women with scraggly beards and men with breasts.

One couple was a girl wearing a long skirt because she had hairy legs, and a long-sleeved blouse. Almost looked Mennonite tbh (but obviously wasn't). The man had long hair but was wearing a skirt and Birkenstocks and a cross-body purse. They probably would have just been goths or punks 20-25 years ago.

I feel like the trans thing is a kind of autism where they can't relate to the opposite sex because they're DIFFERENT. It's really unsettling to see all these people wandering around on a boardwalk at night, though.
One upside is that when the trends become so extreme, the wheat becomes visibly separated from the chaff.

Those who forsake their humanism and the Grace of God, in favor of the "easy path" offered by The Enemy, mark themselves in many ways, and it has never been so obvious as it is now.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
One upside is that when the trends become so extreme, the wheat becomes visibly separated from the chaff.

Those who forsake their humanism and the Grace of God, in favor of the "easy path" offered by The Enemy, mark themselves in many ways, and it has never been so obvious as it is now.

Sort of. I once read a post by someone who said he supported trans stuff because their families are crazier than average and the kids are effectively sterilizing themselves.

On the other hand a lot of them now seem to be antisocial loner types who spend a little too much time on the internet and don't have good role models. All the more reason to lead by example, I guess.

Vigilant

Kingfisher
Woman
14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.
Matthew 10:14

byzfash

Pigeon
Woman
Finding it really hard to find the motivation to work today. Missing the daily matins and liturgy that I had before I moved. Looking forward to getting Church at least five days a week when I move into my new place and out of this transitional three-month layover at my parent's house.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm feeling very tired, resting and sleeping more than usual, having a hard time focusing on work. On one hand I think I need to stop reading the news... on the other hand, it's such a train wreck it's hard to look away, and I feel I need to know what's going on to prepare myself. I'm tired thinking about what I may be going through in the future as I continue to refuse the vaccine. But... one day at a time, I suppose.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I was just at the doctor because of weird pain (they think it's either diverticulitis or an ovarian cyst). Was asked if I had the stabbo several times, said "nope" each time; the nurse practitioner asked, "but you are being CAREFUL, RIGHT?" and then it was dropped.

My favorite clown world moments: new health screening question, "what gender are your partners?" Also had to replace my neck gaiter/scarf with a medical mask (even though they weren't wearing them "properly").

One of the receptionists was talking to the other, "I don't care about masking at all, but if my kids are home again this fall, I will literally kill myself. I will jump off a bridge." Then she paused and asked, "how do you spell 'voucher'?"

Never more proud in my life to have been homeschooled.

DeWoken

Robin
Was asked if I had the stabbo several times, said "nope" each time; the nurse practitioner asked, "but you are being CAREFUL, RIGHT?" and then it was dropped.
"You weren't licking EVERY toilet seat, right?" :squintlol::boring:

Yup, dealing with the medical system right now is scarier than ever. I'm pretty sure my ACL (or MCL, or PCL ) is torn; I hobble around anyway. Anyone have a spare sewing kit?

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
"You weren't licking EVERY toilet seat, right?" :squintlol::boring:

Yup, dealing with the medical system right now is scarier than ever. I'm pretty sure my ACL (or MCL, or PCL ) is torn; I hobble around anyway. Anyone have a spare sewing kit?

I was nice and didn't have an issue. I'm not going to change anyone's mind. I figure we're in a kind of ceasefire right now so I'll slip my doctor's appointments in before everybody gets crazy again.

They had a bunch of the old flu propaganda up from years past in the exam room. I like how that was supposed to be the original fake pandemic but it wasn't effective enough, so they changed the pathogen.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I'm feeling very tired, resting and sleeping more than usual, having a hard time focusing on work. On one hand I think I need to stop reading the news... on the other hand, it's such a train wreck it's hard to look away, and I feel I need to know what's going on to prepare myself. I'm tired thinking about what I may be going through in the future as I continue to refuse the vaccine. But... one day at a time, I suppose.
Definitely stop following the news. I haven’t in over a year (except for basic election coverage) and it’s great. Between that and little to no social media exposure, looking back I can’t even imagine how much time I wasted following junk that gets everyone riled up but ultimately doesn’t matter at all in the big picture.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Today at work one of the managers walked around with a "health survey" (excel sheet with our names and symptoms to check off) and a temperature gun/forehead thermometer thing (how accurate would a reading be in a hot kitchen, anyway?).

We had a mini-lockdown over Xmas last year in our state where they went to take-out only. If they pull this garbage again I'm just quitting and staying home for awhile.

On the plus side-- my husband is probably going to be able to stay home for the foreseeable future so we can make a move. Woohoo!

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
My office return got delayed till October due to rising cases. It's unfortunate the madness continues... but WFH is a silver lining for me.

Reactions: kel

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
This guy on a dating site asked what really makes me laugh. I told him I laugh easily, but physical comedy gets me every time. You know, slipping on a banana peel, falling off a chair, that kind of thing. He replies with an explanation of why his favorite type of comedy is superior, with zero humor whatsoever :hmm: