How are you doing, really?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I was going to go visit my parents tonight, even baked and decorated the old-fashioned banana nut cake my dad requested. But my car has a flat tire! Bummer. I'm stuck at home with a whole cake to myself :p I called a mobile tire repair company, and they quoted me $200 for a tire and the service. Too much. I could use my car insurance roadside assistance, but I've learned it's best to avoid using insurance if possible, since they usually increase your rates anytime you use it. (One of the biggest rackets on Earth.)

So I posted a message on my neighborhood board asking for someone to put on the spare tire so I can drive it to a tire shop for repair - and a man offered to come over and do it for free. And then another guy said if he doesn't show up, he'll do it. I'm definitely going to try to pay him something. Faith in humanity restored!

stugatz

Pelican
I was going to go visit my parents tonight, even baked and decorated the old-fashioned banana nut cake my dad requested. But my car has a flat tire! Bummer. I'm stuck at home with a whole cake to myself :p
I made a tiramisu once and then couldn't attend the party due to car trouble. A big tiramisu, too. I had to find about 4 people to take the pieces off of my hands, that would have ruined my food diary for the week. :laughter:

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
I made a tiramisu once and then couldn't attend the party due to car trouble. A big tiramisu, too. I had to find about 4 people to take the pieces off of my hands, that would have ruined my food diary for the week. :laughter:
Mmm, tiramisu. I had a piece of the cake last night, gave a big piece to the wonderful man who put on my spare tire this morning (he messaged me later that he loved it), and am freezing the rest to take to my parents later. Turns out cream cheese frosting and cake freeze OK. And yeah, that's a good thing cuz I do not need a whole cake sitting there calling my name!

stugatz

Pelican
My mom once made it with Twinkies and called it a "Twinkie-masu."

Yep, my mom is special lol
With the same mascarpone/cream/yolks creamy mixture for layering, complete with cocoa and espresso?

Combined with that overly sweet spongy yellow cake and fake cream in Twinkies...I can't decide if this sounds delicious or just overpowering. I have to test this during a day off. It's so crazy it probably works.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
With the same mascarpone/cream/yolks creamy mixture for layering, complete with cocoa and espresso?

Combined with that overly sweet spongy yellow cake and fake cream in Twinkies...I can't decide if this sounds delicious or just overpowering. I have to test this during a day off. It's so crazy it probably works.

I'm pretty sure she soaked them in rum. It was heavy, but the Twinkie cream broke down so it wasn't too overpowering.

From the same woman who put spanikopita filling in a tortilla and called it a "Greek burrito" because she didn't have time to mess around with phyllo. (This was in my childhood dinner rotation.)

stugatz

Pelican
I have a baklava recipe I haven't touched because phyllo looks like a nightmare to work with - and that's when it's out of the frozen section. I can't imagine making it from scratch.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
I have a secular friend who I'm noticing uses a lot of profanity. It's bothering me more and more. It seems to be increasing. It kinda feels like I'm being tested. I feel compelled to say something to her, but I know she'll get defensive and hurt. What makes it harder is she's a good friend of years who's been there for me at the worst times, when nobody else was. Siiiiiiigh. This is hard.
Secular people often do this without realizing what they're doing. It's just a habit to swear in every sentence. I noticed this a lot too in myself earlier, but also in friends, family, and interestingly a lot of women on the street. It is annoying though and I don't like it.

With regard to your comment about following the news, we must realize that the news is a psychological operation/terror attack. I've cut out MSM entirely. Frankly, following this forum, Roosh Hour and 1 or 2 red pilled commentators is more than enough. It is a trap to follow it all day, as I did for 1.5 years. Satan rejoices in the current energy the world is putting off, the fear, the anger, the despair. We should not give him that delight.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Secular people often do this without realizing what they're doing. It's just a habit to swear in every sentence. I noticed this a lot too in myself earlier, but also in friends, family, and interestingly a lot of women on the street. It is annoying though and I don't like it.

George Orwell wrote in the 40s that f*** would pass into everyday conversation. Slang words like "lousy" were originally kind of off-limits, while "idiot" wasn't an insult, it meant a low intelligence person ("retarded" had a similar trajectory) .

Language does evolve but the common use of f*** does annoy me, and bothers me more as I get older. I hear 12 year olds saying it and it's just another adjective for them.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
George Orwell wrote in the 40s that f*** would pass into everyday conversation. Slang words like "lousy" were originally kind of off-limits, while "idiot" wasn't an insult, it meant a low intelligence person ("retarded" had a similar trajectory) .

Language does evolve but the common use of f*** does annoy me, and bothers me more as I get older. I hear 12 year olds saying it and it's just another adjective for them.
Exactly. It's an adjective. Here in the NL people swear with illnesses like cancer, cholera, typhoid. It's just colloquial language here. As has been said swearing says a lot of the state of someone's soul. For young people thing is that being good gives no status but is seen as weak. In that survival of the fittest mode being as rough foul mouthed as possible is seen as most desirable.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I've been working longer shifts on the weekends (12 hrs on Sat, etc) and every night it just devolves into SHTF by the end and I just want to cry by the time I get out. Everyone is extremely tense and we're short-staffed-- they hired two new cooks and both never came back, another came back from the military but he's a dishwasher now because there are two other dishwashers (there's also 15 year old kid some nights but he can only work five hours at a time, or something).

Last night they had an "overnight clean" because things have been looking nasty, and everyone was like, why don't you stay and clean? Get that money! and I was like nah I'm good. I was just beat.

I just want to be home doing housewifey things. My husband gets into this weird self-hating loop if I try to talk about it. I don't think he's going to find an analogous job to the one he has where we want to live, but he also kind of resents his mom saying "just work in a warehouse until you find something better." (They have a lot of warehouses in their area.)

We're in a good spot financially, it's mostly just big-picture stuff.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman

With regard to your comment about following the news, we must realize that the news is a psychological operation/terror attack. I've cut out MSM entirely. Frankly, following this forum, Roosh Hour and 1 or 2 red pilled commentators is more than enough. It is a trap to follow it all day, as I did for 1.5 years. Satan rejoices in the current energy the world is putting off, the fear, the anger, the despair. We should not give him that delight.
Yes. Once I became more sensitive to profanity, I noticed it's absolutely everywhere. But I've been avoiding it, and that feels good for me. I see it as lazy, a sign that a person is just going along with the mainstream flow and not thinking for themselves, so I'm glad to separate myself from that.

Yes, I agree the news is by and large propaganda to terrorize us. I felt a certain duty to check it out recently because my secular friends are asking me "well, what about this? and this?" They don't buy the Luciferian agenda philosophy - which to me is the most credible explanation - but on vaccines, I have gotten through to them by making the case that Big Pharma has proven itself to be pure evil over and over again. They were also largely unaware of all the censorship that's been going on for years, but I laid all that out clearly (extensive banning and deplatforming, removing YouTube dislikes for Biden, deleting thousands of negative Google reviews against the slithering Robinhood app, for example). Some people I care about are being actively influenced by the news, so I try to stay in touch with what we're up against.

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
It's probably a sin to feel as smug as I do about the direction "society" is heading.

That is all.
I feel somewhat vindicated to see the "crazy conspiracy theories" I've been talking about for years coming true. But I was just telling a friend I don't feel any "I told you so" feelings - just sadness and sympathy. This comic, published in March 2020, really says it all:
bill_gates_pandemic.jpg

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I feel somewhat vindicated to see the "crazy conspiracy theories" I've been talking about for years coming true. But I was just telling a friend I don't feel any "I told you so" feelings - just sadness and sympathy. This comic, published in March 2020, really says it all:
bill_gates_pandemic.jpg

I went full conspiracy rabbit hole in 2016 (I was slightly before that), to the degree that it became a defining personality trait. When the Epstein thing happened my FIL said "wow, that must make you really happy, huh?"

And I said NO, it doesn't make me happy at all. Why does the existence of a blackmail/pedo network vindicate me? I would LIKE to be wrong. I would be happy to be wrong.

Same with anything else. I was talking to my mom before who regrets getting her half-stab, and I don't think "I told you so" is useful after she had an atrial fibrillation. Some people are eleventh hour types, after all.

stugatz

Pelican

Are you fortunate enough to work in a place where the language is clean? I've worked back-of-house with all kinds of troubled people (drug addicts, ex-cons) and it seems like the F word just flies back there, especially when you're not in an open kitchen in full view of the customers.

I'm in a very, very open kitchen with a small line within five feet of the customers, so I say "oh poopy" and "oh diddly" a lot.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Are you fortunate enough to work in a place where the language is clean? I've worked back-of-house with all kinds of troubled people (drug addicts, ex-cons) and it seems like the F word just flies back there, especially when you're not in an open kitchen in full view of the customers.

I'm in a very, very open kitchen with a small line within five feet of the customers, so I say "oh poopy" and "oh diddly" a lot.

Since it's a chain and a "family-friendly" one, we're supposed to keep things relatively clean. (They also don't allow smoking on the property.)

Which doesn't always happen. One night I had the last baked potato on the counter and a server pushed a tray through the window and the potato went SPLAT on the floor, and I said some interesting words.

I'm trying to say "poop" more with my toddler around, anyway.

stugatz

Pelican
Since it's a chain and a "family-friendly" one, we're supposed to keep things relatively clean. (They also don't allow smoking on the property.)

Which doesn't always happen. One night I had the last baked potato on the counter and a server pushed a tray through the window and the potato went SPLAT on the floor, and I said some interesting words.

I'm trying to say "poop" more with my toddler around, anyway.
Yeah, my new coworker didn't understand that the onion straws for our steak bite platter have an at best 45-second cook time, and ended up ruining a bag and a half of them - which meant I had to mandolin the new ones in the middle of a dinner rush before the steak got done searing - yeah, I cursed a blue streak, mostly because it had been my responsibility to let him know to be careful with them.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member

Something I've noticed in the last few years is that politicians will openly swear now. I'm not talking about in private conversations but in public statements they make that are meant to reach the general public. There was even a TheHIll article talking about this