How are you doing, really?

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
That's one area where I guess I'm not very feminine: I almost never "vent." If I'm talking about a problem, it's usually because I need a solution and don't have one.

A few weeks ago, for the first time ever, I ended up calling my husband on the phone because I was having a panic attack (my sister was coming into town and dragging me and the kids off on a road trip with her, and I somehow got my dates mixed up and realized I had to leave a week earlier than I'd been planning).

He was like "so, what can I do to help?"

And I'm like "NOTHING! o_O:sad:"

And then he got really quiet for a moment and then asked "Are you going to be okay? You never do this."

:laughter:

Your and your hub’s clothing thank you, lol. I‘ve had to learn to open up and vent. If I’m mad I’m a the ventingist venter that ever vented, but anything else I automatically keep it inside. And I’ve said a thousand times I wish I could cry better. It’s something I’m learning.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Your and your hub’s clothing thank you, lol. I‘ve had to learn to open up and vent. If I’m mad I’m a the ventingist venter that ever vented, but anything else I automatically keep it inside. And I’ve said a thousand times I wish I could cry better. It’s something I’m learning.

That may not be a bad thing. I cried the other day because I saw a baby fawn.

DeWoken

Robin
I cried yesterday re-watching Planet of the Humans. The end bit is a poignant reminder of the green movement's stupidity and greed. I guess partly I was upset thinking about how my community is a bunch of hoax-believing retards, ready to scratch your eyes out (they start with the ears, though). For me love thy neighbor is on hard mode.

We don't get dirt bikes or ATVs, we get noisy Harleys from time to time though. I'm surprised it's legal here. Chainsaws happen but they don't bother me much at a distance.

christie2

Sparrow
Woman
I kinda guessed that after I commented. Actually I have watched all types of food documentaries - both vegan and anti-vegan - but my life has been blissfully sheltered in terms of seeing stuff like that in person. All the farms here are cattle, which can actually smell pretty bad up close.

I just finished doing some more work on burying my Cat6 cable. Note to self: don't dig at dusk and when tired, your brains are gonna get rattled. I am installing a cable for internet to my cabin from the main house in effort to avoid the WiFi radiation... but the process itself is not so benign! With an old router in use as switch (splitter) all devices except my phone now have access to the big pipe. The phone only gets turned on occasionally, so I probably have gotten rid of the majority of zapping. My sleep pattern has been better lately.

Lamkins, I hope you read up what the forum has to say about psychotropic drugs. Like many here, I am against them.

There is a huge Douglas fir tree 50' from my cabin. Today for the first time I heard a woodpecker doing his thing on it. At first I was a bit annoyed by the noise and wondered for a second if I might need to do something about it, but as I searched for and found his perch 100' up the tree, head bouncing like a jackhammer, I was taken over by fascination.

Here is a similar critter I photographed a couple years ago. "Red-headed Woodpeckers" is what we call them, not sure if that's the real name.
View attachment 32970 View attachment 32971
Nice birdie.
There's some juvenile golden eagles? that seem to always be waiting for me at 3:35pm when I walk by them after work. They seem to like me talking to them as I walk and if I can, I'll take a picture of them Tuesday after work. With the few days I have off I'm thinking about them at that time and wonder if they miss me

*blushing because I miss them*

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
I've heard (and experienced) that men, when they hear of a problem, want to help solve it. Women, on the other hand, mostly just want an ear of sympathy. So when I go to my hubby with a problem, he asks, "Do you want a solution or sympathy?"

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
My husband apparently has the COOF.

He was supposed to come pick me up from my sister's house a few days ago, but now he's been sick for about a week and a half. I've been stuck here hundreds of miles away, unable to do anything to help him or take care of him, which sucks. I guess it got bad enough that he went in and they did a bunch of tests, including a COVID test, which came back positive (whatever that means). He says it might be the sickest he's ever been. I'm still skeptical that "COVID" is anything more than a nasty flu, because I've heard SO MANY PEOPLE utter those exact words, EVERY time they get sick and knocked on their butt for more than a week. :hmm:

But it still sucks.

And apparently nobody is doing one-way car rentals now. That HAS to be by design, to force people onto airplanes and other mass-transit, to force people into compliance with mandates.

DeWoken

Robin
My husband apparently has the COOF
Just don't let them put him on a ventilator. God bless.

Nice birdie.
Thanks :) He was perched on the power pole on one of our outbuildings, just feet away from where we were sitting in the garden, completely unafraid. It was such an odd experience that I made an effort to photograph him. I guess the correct name is pileated woodpecker.

Anyone else experiencing glitchy-ness with RVF in the past few months? (Slow loading, non-response). I guess there are protections in place against attacks. Or maybe Roosh is experiencing a budgetary squeeze?

TexasJenn

Woodpecker
Woman
Pretty much everybody I know is in the pandemic blahs. I'm trying to elevate my mood by focusing on the little things.

I made a pumpkin spice sauce/syrup for my own pumpkin spice lattes - more flavor and less sugar than Starbies, a nice kitchen kickoff for early fall.

Now I'm baking an apple walnut bundt cake that will have a brown sugar glaze, to take to my parents' house this weekend. I like doing it this way, since then I can have just a piece or two and leave the whole cake with them.

I'll also soon be switching out my bedsheets from big pretty palm leaves for summer to autumnal acorn and mustard yellow. Ya really gotta make your own fun these days. And a three-day weekend off work, woo hoo!

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
Pretty much everybody I know is in the pandemic blahs. I'm trying to elevate my mood by focusing on the little things.

I made a pumpkin spice sauce/syrup for my own pumpkin spice lattes - more flavor and less sugar than Starbies, a nice kitchen kickoff for early fall.

I used to use about two tablespoons of pumpkin puree, hot milk, spices, sugar, and instant coffee and blend it for about two minutes.

I went thrift shopping with my sister-in-law today--about an hour north, and I'm hoping we can move relatively soon. People are just generally more chill when not near a city.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I just feel like complaining to someone who isn't my husband. I have a herniated disc, and my work is screwing around with my schedule.

I also miss my mom and brother, and want to go back to church in my hometown with people I know. We've been missing liturgy most Sundays now because I have to work (a bunch of cooks peaced out), and our church doesn't do weekdays.

I talked to my friend a few weeks ago who said she was driving past the old church building (which was a little wooden "country" church before they built a larger one) from when we were kids and wondered "how did we ever fit in there?" And I think back to how many memories I have of there that float into my head when I fall asleep, men who stood at the doors because there weren't enough seats, names that send a shock of familiarity when reading a novel, feelings I have of being little squished in between my parents at coffee hour talking about political situations that were just sounds to me at the time-- and yet now I have a son, and people don't want to go out, and those same conversations happen in forums and comment sections. It's not 1990 anymore.

I feel fairly happy in general; things are good. My husband found a new job (fully remote!) so he is not grouchy anymore. My son just had a little growth spurt. Cat is the same.

Last edited:

messaggera

Kingfisher
Woman
miss my mom and brother, and want to go back to church in my hometown with people I know.

I feel fairly happy in general; things are good. My husband found a new job (fully remote!)

Fully remote sounds like flexibility for the family, perhaps a blessing?

Family is nice to be around while raising children. Helps to keep the family heritage a live, and the opportunity to make family memories.

We are spending time outside as much as possible in the sun. Been Praying - feel as if what Christians call a [spirtiual dry spell] is in session. Being away from fellowship- Church perhaps.

IconWriter

Sparrow
Woman
Orthodox
There are churches that are still open and operating normally. It's the only normal time of the week for us and we cherish every moment.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I just feel like complaining to someone who isn't my husband. I have a herniated disc, and my work is screwing around with my schedule.

I also miss my mom and brother, and want to go back to church in my hometown with people I know. We've been missing liturgy most Sundays now because I have to work (a bunch of cooks peaced out), and our church doesn't do weekdays.

I talked to my friend a few weeks ago who said she was driving past the old church building (which was a little wooden "country" church before they built a larger one) from when we were kids and wondered "how did we ever fit in there?" And I think back to how many memories I have of there that float into my head when I fall asleep, men who stood at the doors because there weren't enough seats, names that send a shock of familiarity when reading a novel, feelings I have of being little squished in between my parents at coffee hour talking about political situations that were just sounds to me at the time-- and yet now I have a son, and people don't want to go out, and those same conversations happen in forums and comment sections. It's not 1990 anymore.

I feel fairly happy in general; things are good. My husband found a new job (fully remote!) so he is not grouchy anymore. My son just had a little growth spurt. Cat is the same.
I’m glad it sounds like things are going well. Change can be so hard to accept and adapt to but I’m glad your family and son seem to be thriving. Peace be with you.

Shwhite

Sparrow
Woman
Been trying to stay active in the dating game, but boy, lemme tell you. I feel like I'm running out of steam. Talking with multiple men and getting to know each other, making small talk only to never speak to each other again. It all just feels so shallow and empty.

I've been trying online dating for almost a year now and it was fun at first. I even fell in love for the first time (it was short lived, but I'm glad I got to experience something so wonderful). I don't know. Maybe I need to take a break so I can come back and look at everything with fresh eyes again.