How do I convince my parents that the jab is dangerous? That this virus isn't nearly as bad as it seems?

BasilSeal

Pigeon
Everyone gave me grief in the other forum when I said this was one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with. But, I understand how you feel. My parents were born in the 1940s. Their perspective on vaccines is guided by their own lifetime of experience as well as their own doctors and relatives opinions, news, and their own personal health decisions. They generally distrust the government, can't stand the current administration in the U.S., and so on. But on this topic, their generally rational approach is neutered. I will neither lie to them about my vaccination status, nor will I argue about it with them. They've made their choice and I have made mine. And, as much as I've accepted the consequences for myself, I don't believe they have any concept of the gravity of the decision for my life, my family, my job, whatever may come. Including the possibility that they may not want to see me in person, or may forever think of me differently.

Anyway, hang in there.

-Basil

Last edited:

budoslavic

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
:like:

sorry, will do so next time
No worries. It takes time to navigate around RVF threads. You may want to check out the below threads. I think you'll find helpful information and answers there.

NickK

Woodpecker
Orthodox
The world is your imagination. It all depends on, if you seek for truth or are happily or unhappily satisfied with the simulation. The truthseeker can imagine, that man can do the most wicked things, and not only that; he knows, that it actually happens.
Stop reading that stupid website. The world is not your imagination.

Stop reading that stupid website. The world is not your imagination.
No clue what website you mean, and of course, the world is your imagination in the sense I laid it down. I did not say, that you imagine something and therefore it is reality, but that people ignore reality, because they cannot imagine (handle, comprehend) the wickedness of it. There were people in the gulag who thought, that Stalin would save them, because they could not imagine, that Stalin would throw them into the gulag, although that was reality and obvious. They did not seek truth, they ran from it and imagined a false reality, because they could not imagine the actual reality.

Lawrence87

Sparrow
Orthodox
I guess if you've tried reasoning with them, and it hasn't worked, then there's not a lot you can do, especially since they already got the jab. You can lead a horse to water and all that...

I'd say from this point, pray for them a lot, and talk to them about stuff other than the virus. It's not worth letting it ruin your relationship. If it's God's will then by your prayers they will be convinced. The evil one might have scored a victory by convincing them with lies, don't let him chalk another one up by letting him divide your family.

brotherjimbob

Woodpecker
Everyone gave me grief in the other forum when I said this was one of the most difficult things I've had to deal with. But, I understand how you feel. My parents were born in the 1940s. Their perspective on vaccines is guided by their own lifetime of experience as well as their own doctors and relatives opinions, news, and their own personal health decisions. They generally distrust the government, can't stand the current administration in the U.S., and so on. But on this topic, their generally rational approach is neutered. I will neither lie to them about my vaccination status, nor will I argue about it with them. They've made their choice and I have made mine. And, as much as I've accepted the consequences for myself, I don't believe they have any concept of the gravity of the decision for my life, my family, my job, whatever may come. Including the possibility that they may not want to see me in person, or may forever think of me differently.

Anyway, hang in there.

-Basil

This is it with my Father... they "believe in vaccines"... and this is just another one of the same...

The news said so, their doctor said so, and they're not gonna listen to you.

William Faulkner

Pigeon
Orthodox
At this point I think that most people on this forum realize that boomers are incapable of waking up or even beginning to understand what is happening. From what I can tell the main culprit is the television. I do not know a single boomer that doesn't watch television. It puts them into a trance like state. If you know a boomer that is awake you have found a unicorn.

The TV became the new community pillar, especially after WW2. My parents were 1950's born and they grew up with the TV in the house. To speak lucid truth on this crisis won't chip away decades of brainwashing and hypnotism, it is far too difficult.

I may mention nuisances about the covid passport to my parents, but I've also stopped talking to them about the vaccines. Their choices are made.