How does your husband make YOU feel loved?

Kitty Tantrum

Woodpecker
Woman
This is a thread to talk about the things (big or small) that our husbands do for us that make us feel loved.

I intend for this to skew more toward talking about the things they do which demonstrate their love for us, rather than the things that make us love them more... and I'd hope it goes without saying that their love for us IS something that makes us love them more! :blush:

I think it's worth combating the sentiment that all women are attracted to/"fall in love" with men who treat them poorly. :squintlol:

A few of the things my husband does:

- makes phone calls and appointments for me.
- lots of physical affection even when he's not "in the mood."
- reads to me.
- sometimes he catches me off-guard by thanking me or praising me for something that I kind of take for granted.
- cuddles me all night (might sound crazy or tiresome to some, but after like six years of sharing a bed we still sleep all smooshed together for most of the night)
- "sparkles" when he looks at me, like you can see in his eyes that he thinks I'm somethings special. :)
- holds my hand basically everywhere we go.

Okay, your turn!

guccigirl7

Pigeon
Woman
I haven’t pumped gas in 18 years, maybe once when he was traveling. Why? Early on, I told him that I really hated pumping gas, the smell, the whole ordeal was one of my least favorite things...so, he always stays on top of it. So much so, I barely keep track of how much is in the tank the last few years. If he hasn’t been in my car, he’ll ask how I am on gas and I’ll shrug . The light seldom goes on. I really do appreciate it.

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
Some things Mr. Leeloo does that make me feel loved...

-texts me random things like “dream girl” & “baby.” He’s not a big texter, so this is rare and when he does this it makes my day.
-if I spend extra time on my makeup or outfit, or if I change up my hair, he’ll notice and tell me I look beautiful.
-he will find little things when he’s out and about, like candles, a Hershey kiss, or sunglasses I’ll like. I love the fact that these small, spontaneous gestures do more to show he’s thinking of me than some expensive, thoughtless gift by rote or ‘duty,’ ex. Valentine’s Day
-does car stuff without my asking like making sure my tires are filled evenly, tops off my wiper fluid, puts a new air freshener in, starts my car in the morning to warm it up/brush off snow, etc.
-I have sensitive skin and get hurt a lot (cuts and scrapes, etc) so he will put ointment on and bandage me up, or put lotion on my back.
-about once a month, he will put down a spare shower curtain liner on the bed and give me a warm baby oil massage. I think he loves this as much as I do!

Edit: seeing this written down in list form makes him sound like he pedastalises (?) me, which is far from the truth. Most of the time he’s pretty stoic and self-contained. These gestures are pretty few and far between, which makes them more meaningful.

Last edited:

Leeloo

Woodpecker
Woman
I haven’t pumped gas in 18 years, maybe once when he was traveling. Why? Early on, I told him that I really hated pumping gas, the smell, the whole ordeal was one of my least favorite things...so, he always stays on top of it. So much so, I barely keep track of how much is in the tank the last few years. If he hasn’t been in my car, he’ll ask how I am on gas and I’ll shrug . The light seldom goes on. I really do appreciate it.

That is quite a meaningful gesture, I love it! Especially since it bothers you to do. There’s something so gentlemanly and old school about a man not letting his wife pump gas.
I hate seeing a woman pumping her gas while her idiot boyfriend sits in the car on his phone or fiddling with the radio.
I don’t mind pumping gas myself, but when my husband is with me, it means so much when he has me stay in the car so he can take care of it. He does this at the car wash too (we usually go to one of the pull through do-it-yourself ones, and he gets out and does it for me) so I can stay dry and relax inside the car.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
He's a great listener, which is very helpful, because I am very introverted and don't talk to people much during the day, but it builds up and he's the one who ultimately hears it all. :) In addition to being a great listener, a lot of the things you ladies are saying (brushing off snow; telling me I look pretty; little phone calls during the day, etc.)

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
He cherishes me. He takes care of me. I read that book on love languages years ago. My language is acts of service, which he still laughs at me about. Do things for me and I bloom. His personality is the type that quietly does things for those he loves. He generally fills my car tank up, loads or unloads the dishwasher, mows the yard, does manly things like hanging curtain rods, etc. His love language.....cause you know I forced him to take the quiz....is words of affirmation, so I make a big effort to thank him for all he does or tell him how wonderful he is, what great hubby he is, etc. We’ve got a good thing going.