How I Found a Russian Bride

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
I have so many questions. How hard was it to day game (or night game for that matter) when you are not 100% fluent in the language or even a relative beginner?

Did you find girls in the rural provinces more open to talking to a foreign man who doesn't have 100% command of Russian language moreso than the bigger cities? Props for getting it done.

jcrew247 said:
Do any russian girls use "Learning English" apps
such as italki?
Or is it easier to meet them on Badoo or some
other online networking app?

There are many of them, yes, but they're also wise to dudes who aren't serious about learning Russian using it to pick them up.

I have a Russian GF and she showed me her inbox on HelloTalk (another languages app). My Italki teacher has a small Insta account for teaching and she gets bombarded even on there. The thirst is real.

If you can actually speak Russian to a decent level, then you are in high demand on these sites/apps. But overtly trying to date them is incongruent with the purpose of the site. I'd say talk to them with the aim of learning Russian, and stick to Tinder for dating. Generally, Russia is about being direct and clear in your intentions. Tinder has more girls and they're higher quality.

eradicator said:
I have so many questions. How hard was it to day game (or night game for that matter) when you are not 100% fluent in the language or even a relative beginner?

Did you find girls in the rural provinces more open to talking to a foreign man who doesn't have 100% command of Russian language moreso than the bigger cities? Props for getting it done.

They are interesting questions. I will chime in and give some points to consider, as an intermediate speaker (and obviously a beginner when I first visited). I haven't explicitly daygamed in Russia but I have spend a lot of time there and have spoken to a lot of people organically whilst going about my daily life. And of course have dated.

- Firstly, there are English speakers, but the vast majority don't speak sufficient English (or are too shy to use it), and the ones that do tend to be less attractive on average.
- You will likely attract attention and get numbers by speaking English, but you might struggle to get far with dating unless you're obviously connected to Russia long-term. Speaking the language is a great way to demonstrate that you are.
- In the provinces, you will for sure get more attention. I would describe my experiences in the provinces as 50/50 between rockstar and alien (sometimes extreme excitement, sometimes wary or even scared). But transitioning this attention beyond initial attraction is extremely difficult without, again, demonstrating that you're connected to Russia long-term. Particularly in the provinces. A foreigner who speaks no Russian will raise a lot of questions there.

In short, you'll attract a lot of attention and probably do quite well in terms of getting leads for dates, but may struggle to take things beyond this.

Salame

Sparrow
WanderingFlame said:
They're also wise to dudes who aren't serious about learning Russian using it to pick them up.
This 100%, I haven't used it for picking up but if you're serious about learning you can actually get a beneficial arrangement going and when you're over there, you can meet up and then play it that way but I've given up, Russian is a language that's never going to click for me which is a shame as I've made a ton of friends (male and female) so there have been positives just not what I wanted!

AWright

Robin
WanderingFlame said:
In short, you'll attract a lot of attention and probably do quite well in terms of getting leads for dates, but may struggle to take things beyond this.
Did this change once someone got to intermediate Russian? I'm currently in an conservative FST country in Central Asia and am getting a lot of dates but closing has been difficult, I'm also a beginner in Russian.

More power to you guys.

I won't say this about all Russian women, but in a lot of cases, there is just something "off" about their appearance. I find British and German women so much hotter, it's ridiculous. There's something about the slavic/Eastern European look which I just can't quite warm to as readily.

Their cool reserved demeanor is no fun, either. To each their own.

Louis IX

Pelican
heelheat said:
More power to you guys.

I won't say this about all Russian women, but in a lot of cases, there is just something "off" about their appearance. I find British and German women so much hotter, it's ridiculous. There's something about the slavic/Eastern European look which I just can't quite warm to as readily.

To prefer British women over Russian women ! Quite a surrealistic statement to me ! But as you said "to each their own" .

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
heelheat said:
More power to you guys.

Brit and German women hotter? If I had to make a list of heuristically masculine women groups those two nationalities would pretty much top it.

You sure youre not craving cack?...maybe just a little bit?

authun

Pigeon
PapayaTapper said:
Brit and German women hotter? If I had to make a list of heuristically masculine women groups those two nationalities would pretty much top it.

I would say Thai "women", without a doubt. As well, whereas their fitness level is great, even with a lot of curves, South American women tend to have masculine faces when you look closer. This is to say nothing of many Indian and some Turkish women.

Other than that half of the planet referenced, I can't say I disagree too much.

I agree with the original sentiment (you were countering), (in) that many Eastern Europeans and some Russians (but not so many) have a non-attractive, overly-rounded face. As others mentioned, they often age awfully, too. I assume this is because they socialize very often for long hours. Of course, this is what makes them so social, grounded and, hence, attractive to Western men otherwise crushed by feminism and unbridled capitalism.

Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
authun said:
Russians have an overly-rounded face

You mean neoteny ?

main-qimg-c171331b8884433bbfbca58b76c44c74.webp

bucky

Ostrich
Oberrheiner said:
authun said:
Russians have an overly-rounded face

You mean neoteny ?

main-qimg-c171331b8884433bbfbca58b76c44c74.webp

A female Russian friend of mine once claimed that it's Ukrainians who typically have the rounder faces. Whatever though, I can't see anything wrong with how this girl looks. Looks aren't the problem with Russian and Ukrainian women. Everything else is.

Oberrheiner

Pelican
bucky said:
I can't see anything wrong with how this girl looks

Neither can I.
It's just that in my experience the more manly a man is the more feminine the type of woman he's after.

So, some people don't like neoteny, well .. lol. I don't know, they should have their T levels checked maybe ? :)

A good friend got engaged to a Russian girl a decade ago than to find out later he hired a PI she was still banging other dudes as well. Goodbye engagement. He went to Cambodia and even stayed there.

Matianus

Sparrow
Russian women do not age well. They also do not keep up with their beauty regimen when they are older ( > 40 years old). They often cultivate butch-style hair cuts. My theory is that they are exhausted after spending so much time cultivating their physical appearance in their prime years.

bucky

Ostrich
Russian women do not age well. They also do not keep up with their beauty regimen when they are older ( > 40 years old). They often cultivate butch-style hair cuts. My theory is that they are exhausted after spending so much time cultivating their physical appearance in their prime years.

No worse than Anglo women though. No women age well, with a possible exception for Asians.

Solitaire

Robin

This is not my experience whatsoever. My ex, at age 46, is still a knockout, far surpassing the looks and figure of most American girls half her age. Same goes for every mutual and former mutual Russian girlfriend we have here in the States.

It could very well be the case, as you've said, for the women who live in the FSU, however. My theory is that life in the Russian Federation is pretty fucking hard for the average human. The men drink themselves to death by the time they hit half a century and the women turn into babushki due to the stresses of living and trying to survive, work, raise families, watch their men cheat on them then drop like flies.

Apologies for abandoning this thread. I had a surprise of the bad kind, back in Dec 2019 - some sudden, serious medical issues which I've been dealing with for a year now. Getting old kinda sucks, especially with the crap genes I've apparently inherited. I thought I'd be Conan for my entire life. Oh well. If/when I get the time, I'll continue on with my story. I'm still looking for a job at the moment so it might be a minute.