How long will "A Christmas Story" be shown?

Trewolla

Robin
Protestant
I mean--after all--It's a movie about a white, heterosexual couple with two children celebrating the birth of the Messiah.

It pretty much flies in the face of everything that is encouraged in society today.

I'm surprised that it's still on TV.

Cavalier

Woodpecker
Orthodox Catechumen
I mean--after all--It's a movie about a white, heterosexual couple with two children celebrating the birth of the Messiah.

It pretty much flies in the face of everything that is encouraged in society today.

I'm surprised that it's still on TV.
I really like the movie. A fan of Darren McGavin since the all too short lived Nightstalker series. I do believe if I had to go through it and pick it apart that there are probably a lot of subconscious attacks against normal society though very subtle. Otherwise they wouldn’t show it so much. The Chinese restaurant is kind of a wink at the Jewish Tradition of going to a Chinese Restaurant on Christmas. That was at one time the only kind of Restaurant open on Christmas.

bubs

Robin
Protestant
I don’t see A Christmas Story getting cancelled/removed from Holiday rotation. It’s not religious themed enough, just a comedy, otherwise Hallmark channel would be in much greater risk of being drastically changed. Wealthy, white successful people pretty much dominate all of the programming. That channels programming is beyond stupid however. Ok if you want to zone out and not think at all I guess, Like looking through an LL bean catalog but transformed into movies.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Pelican
Catholic
Gold Member
I'm sure it'll be remade sooner or later featuring an interracial homosexual couple as the parents, the kid's brother will be a tranny, Scut Farkas will be a school shooter wearing a MAGA hat and Ralphie will eventually renounce his request of a BB gun not because he'll put his eye out but because he will learn about the evils of civilian gun ownership over the second half of the movie.

bubs

Robin
Protestant
I'm sure it'll be remade sooner or later featuring an interracial homosexual couple as the parents, the kid's brother will be a tranny, Scut Farkas will be a school shooter wearing a MAGA hat and Ralphie will eventually renounce his request of a BB gun not because he'll put his eye out but because he will learn about the evils of civilian gun ownership over the second half of the movie.
…sounds about right. Maybe it will be cancelled after all, the dad comes up from fighting with the coal furnace in the basement in “blackface” right? It’s a racist movie…cancel it now and forever!

I cringed when I saw the woke network thought a reboot of the Wonder Years needed to be redone from a black culture perspective. So rediculous, just make a new show about black life in the US in the 1960’s, no need to redo a same show with different race.

Towgunner

Kingfisher
Good question. But then again, if what you mean is how long will "A Christmas Story" be played on MSM or conventional media outlets, the question is kind of moot. On Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I believe its TBS that plays the movie over and over, which is awesome. So, could it be only a matter of time until this is canceled? Perhaps. But, so what. I haven't watched TBS or any kind of conventional MSM media for years, actually, decades. I'm not alone either. Most people are "cutting the cord". The substitute for cable, i.e. conventional media, is on-demand streaming. Here, it's irrelevant whether "A Christmas Story" is played at all, because, users can play this movie at will.

MartyMcFly

Kingfisher
Other Christian
…sounds about right. Maybe it will be cancelled after all, the dad comes up from fighting with the coal furnace in the basement in “blackface” right? It’s a racist movie…cancel it now and forever!

I cringed when I saw the woke network thought a reboot of the Wonder Years needed to be redone from a black culture perspective. So rediculous, just make a new show about black life in the US in the 1960’s, no need to redo a same show with different race.
'Everybody Hates Chris' was an original show about a black family in the 1980's which shows your idea can be done successfully. I don't know why it is so hard for other people to create original shows and movies. Reusing the same titles is just a money grab as they think it will attract all the old fans to watch it.

elixirhtc

Banned
Muslim
In such a situation where the covid once again spreading specially the new African variant Omni , it better to limit any celebration to reduce the spreding of COvid...

easterbunny2020

Pigeon
Catholic
I really like the movie. A fan of Darren McGavin since the all too short lived Nightstalker series. I do believe if I had to go through it and pick it apart that there are probably a lot of subconscious attacks against normal society though very subtle. Otherwise they wouldn’t show it so much. The Chinese restaurant is kind of a wink at the Jewish Tradition of going to a Chinese Restaurant on Christmas. That was at one time the only kind of Restaurant open on Christmas.
Nightstalker! What an awesome series. Have not seen A Christmas Story so have to check it out.