How to be exempted from mandatory vaccinations

thetruewhitenorth

Robin
Orthodox
Here's what happens, as it happened to my mother in law, and now my employer (different employer) sent almost the same exact form.

If you include that, make sure to say you oppose the testing of vaccines on aborted fetus cells. They still tried to say to my mother in law that no fetal cells are in the vaccine, to which we restated it was the testing that is against the faith (according to the Bases of the Social Concept of the Russian Orthodox Church and the OCA's 2001 Holy Synod) AND that you oppose any coerced medical procedures, which the Georgian Church also condemned.

To sum it up, state that you oppose testing on aborted fetuses and coerced medical procedures, that may get you out of the weekly testing as well.

According to the EEOC's Section 12, they have no grounds to ask you when you developed this belief, if you started believing this yesterday it is still valid. They do have the right to ask more follow up questions if they doubt the sincerity of the exemption.

Well your clergy are simply wrong.

Edit: if you need the sources it is in the Orthodox exemption document going around but the OCA synod is not in that document, so here is the link for that: https://www.oca.org/holy-synod/stat...h-in-the-perspective-of-orthodox-christianity
Thank you very much Daniel! I'll definitely include the word "testing".

So glad we have this forum. I dont know you guys in person, but surely feel your support.

Btw, here's one of the responses I received from the clergy:

"There is nothing in the Orthodox faith (nor in scriptures or canons of the church) which forbids vaccination and anyone believing differently is under a heretical understanding.

Heresies naturally create division because the word itself means opposite to Orthodoxy which, when abided by, brings unity and communion.

If your wife is deciding to refuse vaccination, this is a personal freewill decision, the consequence of which will fall solely on her shoulders.

Diseases do not discriminate and like the sun and rain, are given to both the righteous and sinner and the outcomes will be the same for both. In addition, pregnancy increases the risk of severe and/or deadly outcomes if COVID is contracted.

I will pray for you and your wife that the Lord be merciful to you, and that you may be spared from the potentially serious consequences you could face from putting God to the test.

Again, we do not prohibit vaccination and urge you to listen to wisdom and not to the the many foolish opinions swirling on the internet."

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
This clergy member has been deceived via language, all too common, as the catch-all "vaccination" is not only inaccurate, there is a larger context to what is going on, including literally threatening people and livelihoods from this, which is a preposterous analogy regarding prior "vaccines" in comparison to this one.

"Putting God to the test?" I wonder if said person drives a car every day. Ridiculous.

SeekingTruth

Kingfisher
Thank you very much Daniel! I'll definitely include the word "testing".

So glad we have this forum. I dont know you guys in person, but surely feel your support.

Btw, here's one of the responses I received from the clergy:

"There is nothing in the Orthodox faith (nor in scriptures or canons of the church) which forbids vaccination and anyone believing differently is under a heretical understanding.

Heresies naturally create division because the word itself means opposite to Orthodoxy which, when abided by, brings unity and communion.

If your wife is deciding to refuse vaccination, this is a personal freewill decision, the consequence of which will fall solely on her shoulders.

Diseases do not discriminate and like the sun and rain, are given to both the righteous and sinner and the outcomes will be the same for both. In addition, pregnancy increases the risk of severe and/or deadly outcomes if COVID is contracted.

I will pray for you and your wife that the Lord be merciful to you, and that you may be spared from the potentially serious consequences you could face from putting God to the test.

Again, we do not prohibit vaccination and urge you to listen to wisdom and not to the the many foolish opinions swirling on the internet."
Why is your clergy commenting on the scientific, yet flawed, conclusion that COVID would be worse in pregnancy?
I thought they were supposed to stick to theology. Why is it that everyone thinks they are a scientist now? All their information is in the name of medical totalitarianism under Fraudci, FDA and CDC.
Their are MANY physicians getting censored that go against what your clergy states. So do they think they know more than physicians, scientifically that is?

thetruewhitenorth

Robin
Orthodox
Why is your clergy commenting on the scientific, yet flawed, conclusion that COVID would be worse in pregnancy?
I thought they were supposed to stick to theology. Why is it that everyone thinks they are a scientist now? All their information is in the name of medical totalitarianism under Fraudci, FDA and CDC.
Their are MANY physicians getting censored that go against what your clergy states. So do they think they know more than physicians, scientifically that is?
I really dont know man, I never met him in person, I was referred to him by my priest to talk about religious exemption. I surely didnt like his response.

These vaccines have been around for such a short period of time. There's simply no studies on the vaccines long-term effect on children that are born from vaccinated mothers.

The response struck me as somewhat smug and arrogant.

JustinHS

Sparrow
Orthodox
So, my bureau came up with a form for us to fill out specifically for covid 19 religious exemptions. My question is why does covid-19 merit its own religious exemption form?

Also, there’s no room to put any in-depth objections on the form. Our only option is to answer the seven questions posted on page 6.

Strange.

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
I really dont know man, I never met him in person, I was referred to him by my priest to talk about religious exemption. I surely didnt like his response.

These vaccines have been around for such a short period of time. There's simply no studies on the vaccines long-term effect on children that are born from vaccinated mothers.

The response struck me as somewhat smug and arrogant.
Yeah, smug is a mild word I would use to describe that letter. That clergymember is just ignorant or lying. I would confront him on it.

Here's the MP in their Bases of the Social Concept:

“The Church believes it to be definitely inadmissible to use the methods of so-called foetal therapy, in which the human foetus on various stages of its development is aborted and used in attempts to treat various diseases and to "rejuvenate" an organism. Denouncing abortion as a cardinal sin, the Church cannot find any justification for it either even if someone may possibly benefit from the destruction of a conceived human life. Contributing inevitably to ever wider spread and commercialization of abortion, this practice (even if its still hypothetical effectiveness could be proved scientifically) presents an example of glaring immorality and is criminal.”
“The transplantation of organs from a living donor can be based only on the voluntary self-sacrifice for the sake of another's life. In this case, the consent to explantation (removal of an organ) becomes a manifestation of love and compassion. However, a potential donor should be fully informed about possible consequences of the explanation of his organ for his health. The explanation that presents an immediate threat to the life of a donor is morally inadmissible.”
The American covid vaccines are all inadmissible according to this.

Here's the OCA's Holy Synod in 2001:
President Bush's proposal to use only the existing sixty lines of stem cells [2] because the embryos had already been destroyed (i.e., killed) falters on the precept enunciated by the apostle Paul in Romans 3:8, "We may not do evil so that good may come." The very act of destroying those embryos is evil, and we may not profit from evil even to achieve a good and noble end.

Although the President's Solomonic decision appears to serve pro-life interests, in fact it unwittingly opens the floodgates to ever more utilitarian manipulation of human life.
In conclusion, we firmly reject any and all manipulation of human embryos for research purposes as inherently immoral and a fundamental violation of human life."

Greek Orthodox Church August 17, 2000 Press Release:
“Our Church expresses its categorical opposition to conducting experiments on human embryonic cells.”

The Romanian Patriarchate:
“Because the extraction of organs implies the consent of the donor, extraction of tissues from an embryo is inconceivable given the fact that although alive, this one cannot give its consent.”

Honestly I would point blank ask this person what they think of what I just shared, because the logic of the above directly condemns all American covid vaccines. Are those statements heretical according to this person? Why is he so harshly judging you and your wife? Also it's not just solely her decision like he mentioned, it is also your decision, and I would say you, as the husband, have more authority over your wife's body than she does, because that's literally what the Bible says. 1 Cor 7:4: "The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife."

thetruewhitenorth

Robin
Orthodox
Yeah, smug is a mild word I would use to describe that letter. That clergymember is just ignorant or lying. I would confront him on it.

Here's the MP in their Bases of the Social Concept:

The American covid vaccines are all inadmissible according to this.

Here's the OCA's Holy Synod in 2001:

Greek Orthodox Church August 17, 2000 Press Release:

The Romanian Patriarchate:

Honestly I would point blank ask this person what they think of what I just shared, because the logic of the above directly condemns all American covid vaccines. Are those statements heretical according to this person? Why is he so harshly judging you and your wife? Also it's not just solely her decision like he mentioned, it is also your decision, and I would say you, as the husband, have more authority over your wife's body than she does, because that's literally what the Bible says. 1 Cor 7:4: "The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife."
Arguing will be pointless and useless at this point. Right now our goal is to submit the affidavit form to my wife's employer, hoping she will get an exemption as she is only a few months away from the mat leave. We want to deliver this baby healthy.

thetruewhitenorth

Robin
Orthodox
So, my bureau came up with a form for us to fill out specifically for covid 19 religious exemptions. My question is why does covid-19 merit its own religious exemption form?

Also, there’s no room to put any in-depth objections on the form. Our only option is to answer the seven questions posted on page 6.

Strange.
Same here. The form my wife got is very brief. There's no room for in detail explanations or reasonings.

Denam8487

Pigeon
I've attached a sample religious exemption letter. Keep in mind that I'm Catholic and a remote worker so the language of the letter is tailored as such. There's still broad Christian language within the letter that you can keep.

, 2021

To whom it may concern:

Regarding Executive (EO) 14043, “Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees,” my sincerely held religious beliefs as a Christian do not allow me to receive this vaccination.

Each of the manufacturers of the currently available COVID-19 vaccinations developed and confirmed their vaccinations using fetal cell lines, which originated from aborted fetuses. For example, each of the currently available COVID-19 manufacturers confirmed their vaccination by protein testing using the abortion-derived cell line HEK-293.

By receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, I would be cooperating with the testing of vaccinations on aborted fetus cells which constitutes a grave offense. See Paragraph 2272 of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Accordingly, any compliance with EO 14043 would substantially burden my religious exercise. I have been a Christian since I was baptized shortly after my birth and received my first Holy Communion within the Catholic Church at the age of seven. Sacred scripture espouses that all Christian effort is to avoid eternal death through the dynamic communion with God in Christ, through the Holy Spirit. I am of the opinion that in participating with the sin of abortion by receiving any of the currently available COVID-19 vaccinations would potentially result in my spiritual death. The Church has held since antiquity that spiritual death is magnitudes less desirable than physical death because spiritual death results in the eternal suffering of our souls. See Revelation 21:8. In espousing this opinion, I note that Courts have ruled that genuinely held beliefs involving matters of the afterlife, spirituality, or the soul, among other possibilities qualifies as religion under Title VII. See Adeyeye v. Heartland Sweeteners, LLC, 721 F.3d 444, 448 (7th Cir. 2013).

Additionally, the Catholic Church has held that vaccinations must be voluntary and to do so otherwise would offend practical reason. See Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. Paragraph 5. 17 December 2020. This position was recently affirmed in a public statement by Archbishop Timothy Brogli during which His Excellency stated, “no one should be forced to receive a COVID-19 vaccine if it would violate the sanctity of his or her conscience.” See Statement on Coronavirus Vaccines and the Sanctity of Conscience. 12 October 2021.

I have never taken take a vaccination or medication with foreknowledge that the manufacturer developed and confirmed the product using fetal cells lines nor will I ever do so in the future for the above stated reasons.

In lieu of taking the COVID-19 vaccination, I am requesting a reasonable accommodation. My accommodation would not pose a significant risk of substantial harm to myself or other employees because I am a fulltime remote worker. Since March 2020, I have been able to fulfill my job duties from home. Accordingly, <insert employer> does not face any undue hardship in continuing to permit me to work remotely. I am willing to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test result in the event that I have to appear onsite.

I am available to answer any additional questions if needed, provided they are a "reasonable inquiry," as allowed for by law. Please note that the law does not recognize the need for employers to consult religious scholars or examine church doctrine regarding the vaccination. A religious exemption request is made by each individual, based on their sincerely held religious, ethical and/or moral beliefs - not the tenets or beliefs of a church, doctrine, religion or religious scholars. See Title VII, section 12, note 2.

Finally, I note that courts have long held that the threshold for establishing the religious nature of beliefs is low; under the First Amendment, “if there is any doubt about whether a particular set of beliefs constitutes a religion, the Court will err on the side of freedom and find that the beliefs are a religion . . . [because the country’s] founders were animated in large part by a desire for religious liberty”, aff’d, United States v. Myers, 95 F.3d 1475, 1482-83 (10th Cir. 1996); see also Emp’t Div., Dep’t of Human Res. of Or. v. Smith, 494 U.S. 887, 887 (1990) (explaining in Free Exercise Clause case that “[r]epeatedly and in many different contexts, we have warned that courts must not presume to determine the place of a particular belief in a religion or the plausibility of a religious claim”).
Sincerely,

JustinHS

Sparrow
Orthodox
I submitted my exemption form to my union vice president for some constructive criticism before handing it in to HR.

If citing the Nuremberg Code of 1947, it is spelled out in 45 CFR 46. You may also be interested to read:

- 21 USC 360bbb-3
- 5 CFR 339.205

If you are going to use the Nuremberg Code, he recommended reading up on the Belmont Report and the Declaration of Helsinki, both of which updated the provisions of Nuremberg. Links below:

5 CFR 339.209 https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/5/part-339

45 CFR 46

21 USC 360bbb-3

Belmont Report

Declaration of Helsinki