How would you invest $5000 right now?

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
I still don't get crypto. It's far more unstable than regular currency.

I like this, it's like stage 5 on the election skeptic meter. The stages throughout US elections in the last 40 years have been:
  1. Level 1 - I bet these jerks will increase my taxes if they win = complain but do nothing or collect gains now while taxes are good
  2. Level 2 - I bet these jerks will increase taxes and ship jobs overseas = re-order investments to 'hard times' aligned companies
  3. Level 3 - I bet these jerks will ban guns = re-order investments into potentially banned firearms and ammo types
  4. Level 4 - I bet these jerks will try to tank the economy in order to invoke control or reparations = re-order investments into Gold and Bitcoin
  5. Level 5 - These idiots just might to to start a civil war = invest in guns, getaways, food, essentials.

typtre

Hello community,

because it is matching here best, i need a financial advice from some professionals :)
(*kidding* only some ideas what to do.... it's clear that nobody can predict the future) :)

Current Situation:

first of all my monthly investments:
50€ to X-TR. MSCI WLD - ETF
50€ to DB X-TR DAX- ETF
50€ to ComStage NASDAQ-100 - ETF
50€ to some kind of pension investment
120€ mixed Investment fonds

coming from this Investments i was able to create already (i am 39 now and started years ago) a small capital about 50k€ which i have't touched yet. Besides all that i started playing with 1k€ in total into P2P credits like (Mintos, Twino, Estateguru) and a 1k€ direct Investment into stocks via Revolut and Trade-Republic.

As a Emergency fund, i have 25k€ !

Now to my Questions... additional to all that, i have "dead" capital which i don't use and don't need at the moment about 80k€.
Any good advice what i can do with that ?

I am still living in rental house and have not any big obligations at the moment. With a fixed permanent Job, where i want/need some changes because same Job for decades…

Uranium is bound for another bull market. Hear Rick Rule in this video for instance at 49 minutes.

"Take a look at NexGen: it's not very often you get to buy the best undeveloped deposit of its type in the world at a discount.
I have done it three or four times before in my career and had I done nothing else at all my career would have been successful. I'm delighted to have the opportunity to do it at least one more time.
"

If you don't know who Rick Rule is look him up. But I am gonna take his "advice" on this.

Other than that, since you have a lot of cash, why not look at Real Estate to get the cash flow going. Granted, that requires work and a lot of research.

andy dufresne

Kingfisher
I like this, it's like stage 5 on the election skeptic meter. The stages throughout US elections in the last 40 years have been:
  1. Level 1 - I bet these jerks will increase my taxes if they win = complain but do nothing or collect gains now while taxes are good
  2. Level 2 - I bet these jerks will increase taxes and ship jobs overseas = re-order investments to 'hard times' aligned companies
  3. Level 3 - I bet these jerks will ban guns = re-order investments into potentially banned firearms and ammo types
  4. Level 4 - I bet these jerks will try to tank the economy in order to invoke control or reparations = re-order investments into Gold and Bitcoin
  5. Level 5 - These idiots just might to to start a civil war = invest in guns, getaways, food, essentials.

I'm a level 5 goldbug now. I guess I can skip the crypto. :)

barrythecyborg

Woodpecker
I'
Hello community,

because it is matching here best, i need a financial advice from some professionals :)
(*kidding* only some ideas what to do.... it's clear that nobody can predict the future) :)

Current Situation:

first of all my monthly investments:
50€ to X-TR. MSCI WLD - ETF
50€ to DB X-TR DAX- ETF
50€ to ComStage NASDAQ-100 - ETF
50€ to some kind of pension investment
120€ mixed Investment fonds

coming from this Investments i was able to create already (i am 39 now and started years ago) a small capital about 50k€ which i have't touched yet. Besides all that i started playing with 1k€ in total into P2P credits like (Mintos, Twino, Estateguru) and a 1k€ direct Investment into stocks via Revolut and Trade-Republic.

As a Emergency fund, i have 25k€ !

Now to my Questions... additional to all that, i have "dead" capital which i don't use and don't need at the moment about 80k€.
Any good advice what i can do with that ?

I am still living in rental house and have not any big obligations at the moment. With a fixed permanent Job, where i want/need some changes because same Job for decades…

I'd drop the last three, and either invest in silver or save up powder (cash) to pick up stock once things crash.

Elipe

Woodpecker
It's not as tied to the US Dollar, and has global reach. Basically, if the US Dollar tanks (remember that one time they downgraded the US Dollar's rating?), your crypto is just as good in yen. So when you convert $5000 to crypto, you can reasonably expect to get about what $5000 was worth back in whatever currency becomes the new world standard. If anything, it's just a little more convenient to use crypto than gold, because you don't have to physically dig up your gold to turn it in for cash.

$5000 isn't a life-saving (I sure hope you've got more than that), so it's not like you're going all in on crypto. Diversify your assets.

redbeard

Hummingbird
Read The Bitcoin Standard:

Isaac Jordan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Read The Bitcoin Standard:

Seconded. Everything that makes gold valuable, Bitcoin excels at:

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
I'm a big BTC believer, but the biggest knocks would be on the classic scale would be surrounding true durability or its spinoff, what I call dependency. That is, you need several things working in order to access BTC (electricity, internet, a source, etc). This makes it cumbersome and valuable all at the same time (it's not a simpleton form of money). It also creates the scenario of portability which is drastically in BTC's favor (or any crypto) as opposed to hard, physical money (like gold and cash) - which is outlawed in value carrying to 10k.