Hugh Hefner dead at 91

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
kaotic said:
But Kona haven't you seen the lawns at the Playboy Mansion, they're so green and neatly trimmed, all the way up to the Grotto !

Yes. But do you think Hugh Hefner himself was out there fertilizing and edging? Hell no.

The guy doesn't know bluegrass from crabgrass. More spin.

Aloha!
 

General Stalin

Crow
Gold Member
I dunno man women back in the 70's loved attention, glamor, and excitement just as much as women today. Men of means can award them those things. Hundreds of years ago wealthy men had concubines, mistresses, and courtesans. 50 years ago they broads, dolls, and dames. Today they have IG whores, groupies, and bitches. Etc.
 

Repo

Hummingbird
Kona said:
debeguiled said:
I hope the forum doesn't devolve into Hef and Anti-Hef factions.

Well if it does, I'd like to lead the anti-Hef movement.

I read "Down the Rabbit Hole" by Holly Madison, and it changed my entire perspective about Hugh Hefner.

In a nut shell, Hugh Hefner and his wacky lifestyle was all orchestrated by a team of spin doctor types to sell magazines, and in the early days, get people into playboy casinos.

The way she described it, the "girlfriends" were hired by other people. Hefner actually thought they were his girlfriends. That show they made was totally scripted, but Hefner thought it was real. She also described the gay porn masturbation orgies she participated in. That was some spooky shit.

Now, I understand that she could have written the book because she felt slighted, but I believed it.

Up until I read that, I thought the guy was an icon too. I'd seen multi episode specials about his life, and blah blah blah.

Sadly, its all fake.

Aloha!

I think its obvious it was fake, but I still give him props for putting himself into the position where he could take advantage and play along. Not going to bother looking into that gay shit though
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
From what I read about Hef, from early on he wasn't just a procurer of girls, he was the guy who organized things for his friends.

He had movie nights and game nights and gathered together people for good conversation and to enjoy the high life.

He was the guy who knew how to have a good time, was always up to something, always throwing parties and get togethers of one sort or another.

When I read this, it changed my view of him and really got me thinking about the social value of being that guy.

That is my take away from Hef's life, in addition of course to seeing naked pictures my friend's dad thought he had hidden.

He was a social instigator, and if you are that guy, it seems the girls would be there naturally, and drawn to you if you didn't fuck it up.

I understand why people are down on the magazine and lifestyle he peddled, but in absence of true mentors and rites of passage starting about in the 70's, it could have been much worse.
 

polar

Pelican
Gold Member
debeguiled said:
From what I read about Hef, from early on he wasn't just a procurer of girls, he was the guy who organized things for his friends.

He had movie nights and game nights and gathered together people for good conversation and to enjoy the high life.

He was the guy who knew how to have a good time, was always up to something, always throwing parties and get togethers of one sort or another.

When I read this, it changed my view of him and really got me thinking about the social value of being that guy.

Citation, please :idea:
 

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member
polar said:
debeguiled said:
From what I read about Hef, from early on he wasn't just a procurer of girls, he was the guy who organized things for his friends.

He had movie nights and game nights and gathered together people for good conversation and to enjoy the high life.

He was the guy who knew how to have a good time, was always up to something, always throwing parties and get togethers of one sort or another.

When I read this, it changed my view of him and really got me thinking about the social value of being that guy.

Citation, please :idea:

Sorry man, read it years ago.
 

Aurini

Ostrich
Matt Forney said:
A important detail in his life is that his fiancee, the woman he most likely lost his virginity to, cheated on him while he was serving in the military during World War II. He admitted that her confession before their wedding psychologically broke him, and she let him sleep with other women when they were married in part to atone for what she did. Even after they divorced, she kept working for Playboy.

This really speaks to me about how crucial forgiveness is.

She hurt him; deeply. Maybe more deeply than he could ever forgive. But instead of attempting to forgive her, and either breaking up with her or eventually marrying her, he chose to 'get back' at her.

This is the very core of "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Revenge is a destructive cycle; an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. She wounded him, so he wounded her. Now they were both missing a piece needed to make them whole. He abandoned the spiritual for the material, as did she, leading to the eventual dissolution of their marriage (despite remaining on good terms) and a degraded existence for both of them.
 

Troller

Pelican
Aurini said:
Matt Forney said:
A important detail in his life is that his fiancee, the woman he most likely lost his virginity to, cheated on him while he was serving in the military during World War II. He admitted that her confession before their wedding psychologically broke him, and she let him sleep with other women when they were married in part to atone for what she did. Even after they divorced, she kept working for Playboy.

This really speaks to me about how crucial forgiveness is.

She hurt him; deeply. Maybe more deeply than he could ever forgive. But instead of attempting to forgive her, and either breaking up with her or eventually marrying her, he chose to 'get back' at her.

This is the very core of "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Revenge is a destructive cycle; an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. She wounded him, so he wounded her. Now they were both missing a piece needed to make them whole. He abandoned the spiritual for the material, as did she, leading to the eventual dissolution of their marriage (despite remaining on good terms) and a degraded existence for both of them.

So it´s Hefner fault she cheated on him? What are you saying here?

I don´t think he got back at her. He simply was wounded and became broken. Without ever fixing himself up again. It was the whore´s fault.
 

Cr33pin

Peacock
Gold Member
Matt Forney said:
It's worth pointing out that Hugh Hefner was so bored with women by the time the 1960's came around that he started experimenting with gay sex:

Yea... thats like... my excuse to :gay:
giphy.gif
 

Aurini

Ostrich
Troller said:
So it´s Hefner fault she cheated on him? What are you saying here?

I don´t think he got back at her. He simply was wounded and became broken. Without ever fixing himself up again. It was the whore´s fault.

Reread my post. I said that where his life ended up was a result of him failing to forgive her.

Maybe this forgiveness would have entailed that he break up with her to work through the grief; maybe he could have forgiven her (without holding it over her head) and they could of made it work. But he went for the easy option.

On her part, she was likely going for the easy option as well. Instead of admitting to herself what she did - that she's a person capable of viciously wounding the man she loves, a man who's risking his life for the sake of his country - she could just let him wound her in return, so as to continue pretending that she was a good person.
 

Sherman

Ostrich
Hefner had four children, several wives, died at 91 (above the average), was surrounded by family when he died, and had plenty of people say nice things about him. He seems to have gotten more love in his life than most people.
 
Conscious Pirate said:
I respect him for his living of life on his own terms, & that's where it ends.

The "playboy" image/archetype has weakened men & the cheapened our sex in the eyes of the other (& our own). Just as it has given the opposite sex validation & cultural permission for their vainglorious, base drives that harm civilisation.

Aurini said:
The "Playboy" lifestyle is merely the homosexual urbanite lifestyle being repackaged with heterosexuality. No legacy - no love - just endless hedonism which is never as good as the first time.

Did I get lost or something? I could've sworn I logged in to a game forum. The two posts that were "liked" by the author of Bang are the ones denouncing the playboy lifestyle as hedonism? :huh:

You really can't make this shit up.
 

Samseau

Owl
Orthodox
Gold Member
This forum is a champion for Game. Did Hef have game? Or was he just a whoremonger? Because let's not kid ourselves, Hugh paid all of his girls. He didn't get them to take off their clothes for free, like a player does, but instead paid them lots of money to show their skin. There is no reason any of his girls would have fucked him had he not paid them.

So: game not recognized.

Moreover, whoring is a dead enterprise, spiritually and morally, and Hugh's celebration and promotion of whoring probably destroyed millions of marriages all over the world.

"He who lusts with his eyes has committed adultery in his heart."

So what do you think the effect of mass producing pictures of whores to the world at large did for families the world over? Hugh probably caused more emotional pain and destruction than most wars have. The repeal of obscenity laws was a major reason for the decline of the West.

In my blue pill days, I used to believe Hugh was the man. But now I just see the women for the whores they were, and Hugh as the publisher pimp who took advantage of a first-mover advantage with photography printing technology. Nowadays women can whore themselves out without a publisher via the internet, making men like Hugh a relic. And when we see Hugh as nothing more than a middle-man, what exactly is there to envy over his lifestyle? I've never been interested in whores myself, and as soon I realized that all "porn" is just whores I stopped viewing immediately.

I think guys are fooled by Hugh's image over what he actually was. Hugh was a whoremonger who glorified whores. He goes against the mantra of self-improvement and learning Game. He is not a masculine role model. He is not a spiritual role model. He is not an intellectual role model. It's no surprise Hugh advocated for every civilizational destroying movement he could. If he did not go senile he would have been all for transexuals, I'm sure.

Had Hugh reacted to his first wife's infidelity by learning the true nature of women and teaching men how to seduce women, then he'd be an inspiration. But simply making money and paying for sex is no more impressive than any other rich junkie selling drugs.

I don't respect the man and have every reason to believe he is suffering tremendously in hell.
 

Vaun

Hummingbird
Gold Member
What's being talked about now is that he didn't have much left at the time of his death. The mansion hasn't been his for many years, and is in need of repair. The magazine is facing the fate of Rolling Stone. Some people put up the optics for the sake of their businesses, its basically just business. Who knows whats true and whats not.

Whatever you think, he was a brilliant businessman who pushed the boundaries of free speech, for lots of people. I think most of the stories about him being such a playboy, only served as marketing for the magazine. They were all in on that, even the models, to the point where they start believing their own bullshit.
 

Icarus

Ostrich
Aurini said:
Revenge is a destructive cycle; an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.

Revenge is destructive indeed, but "an eye for an eye" does NOT necessarily leave the whole world blind because it is an appeal to avoid escalation at all costs. If you take my eye, I am only entitled to taking one of your eyes. I am not entitled to killing your son. If I killed your son, you may feel entitled to killing my whole family. Then, if any of my relatives survives, he may feel entitled to slaughtering your whole family in retaliation. Suddenly, our families have gone extinct because we lacked the self-control to avoid escalation.

I suppose your point was that if a girl hurts you and you end up hurting other women to be able to live with yourself, then you're ruining the world. I cannot disagree with that.
 
Top