Hydroxychloroquine Thread

NoMoreTO

Pelican
A separate thread for the benefits/ drawbacks of Hydrochloroquine, and the decision in the medical bureaucracy, MSM, & Silicon Valley to wage war on any discussion of this treatment.

The thought that a real treatment is sitting right in front of us, and being dismissed totally in favour of an experimental rushed vaccine.

I'm sure many have seen this recent viral post from a Doctor who prescribed it over 300x and had a death rate of 0.

Facebook immediately took the video down. Facebook takes down Hydrochloroquine video
The NIH also advises against using the drug as a treatment for coronavirus.
although it is still circulating on twitter. Twitter was trending this morning "Hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for COVID-19, according to the FDA " in Whats happening section.

Trump takes it, he basically says the same thing as the Doctor, that on an anectdotal, 300+ patient basis, the drug shows itself as effective.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I was going to mention India.

Part of it is the price of HCQ vs the price of the drugs touted by big pharma.

The other part is the approximate $350b per covid season that big pharma and their backers stand to make off vaccines.

Then along comes Trump and takes a huge bite out of big pharma's gravy train; legacy drugs that are sold at insane profits for a generation.

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member

NoMoreTO

Pelican
Donald Trump Jrs. Account was suspended. It seems all platforms are uniting on the banning of this video very quickly.

The video, which was published by the right-wing media outlet Breitbart News and went viral online on Monday, featured a group of doctors making false and dubious claims related to coronavirus, including that masks are unnecessary. witter (TWTR), Facebook (FB) and YouTube removed the video after it started to go viral.
Trump JR - 12 hour suspension

placer

Woodpecker
Newsweek (hardly a place for “fascist queer-hating bigot”s) just posted an article from a doctor saying hydroxychloroquine is quite helpful if given as soon as they suspect someone may have COVID-19. It doesn’t help that much once the patient is in ICU and on a ventilator, but it saves lives with minimal side effects (well, compared to full blown COVID-19) if given early enough. Since Newsweek has annoying Javascript-based paywalls, here’s the archive.is link to the article: https://archive.is/H2Wuz

Some telling quotes from that article (for people on mobile):

I am fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines

[...]

I published an article in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) entitled, "Early Outpatient Treatment of Symptomatic, High-Risk COVID-19 Patients that Should be Ramped-Up Immediately as Key to the Pandemic Crisis." [...] Since publication of my May 27 article, seven more studies have demonstrated similar benefit.

[...]
Why has hydroxychloroquine been disregarded?
First, as all know, the medication has become highly politicized. For many, it is viewed as a marker of political identity, on both sides of the political spectrum. Nobody needs me to remind them that this is not how medicine should proceed. We must judge this medication strictly on the science.

[...]

the drug has not been used properly in many studies. Hydroxychloroquine has shown major success when used early in high-risk people but, as one would expect for an antiviral, much less success when used late in the disease course.

[...]

In fact, as inexpensive, oral and widely available medications, and a nutritional supplement, the combination of hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin or doxycycline, and zinc are well-suited for early treatment in the outpatient setting. The combination should be prescribed in high-risk patients immediately upon clinical suspicion of COVID-19 disease, without waiting for results of testing. Delays in waiting before starting the medications can reduce their efficacy.

[...]

concerns have been raised by the FDA and others about risks of cardiac arrhythmia [...] what the FDA did not announce is that these adverse events were generated from tens of millions of patient uses of hydroxychloroquine for long periods of time, often for the chronic treatment of lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. Even if the true rates of arrhythmia are ten-fold higher than those reported, the harms would be minuscule compared to the mortality occurring right now in inadequately treated high-risk COVID-19 patients
(Bold emphasis mine; I have also added links to the actual science because I know just how dishonest the leftist media is when summarizing science when they have an agenda to pull)

Edit: Doing a Google Scholar search of that article, there is a preprint which is reproducing these results. As an aside, the Wikipedia is straight out lying here: They claim that “High-quality evidence of benefit for such use is lacking, with concerns of potential harm from side effects”, but here is what one of the articles that claim links to actually says:

There is sufficient pre-clinical rationale and evidence regarding the effectiveness of chloroquine for treatment of COVID-19
Here is another article which supposedly says HCQ does not help. Some excerpts:

The efficacy of HCQ may depend on the timing of administration [...] Another small randomized controlled trial from China looked at HCQ vs no HCQ for mild COVID. They reported that the resolution of cough and fever was faster in the HCQ arm.
It essentially supports what the Newsweek article says, despite trying to be as negative about HCQ as possible.

Note that there is some back and forth about a French study which should be kept in mind.

Last edited:

budoslavic

Peacock
Gold Member
Ohio officially bans pharmacies from giving Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) prescriptions to patients for COVID-19.

"...the rule prohibits all terminal distributors...from selling or dispensing hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine for the treatment or prevention of COVID-19..."

"...this rule replaces emergency rule...and that all approvals for the use of these medications made under that rule are no longer applicable."

Edit.

Last edited:

NoMoreTO

Pelican
Sad when legislators decide on medications based on big pharma, big business, and Bill Gates.

Where can someone get Hydrochloroquine ? Has anyone gone or tried to get a preventative prescription?

RexImperator

Crow
Gold Member
Fauci doubled-down and did some media yesterday (BBC News) once again saying HCQ is totally ineffective. One wonders if the truth will ever come out about this... It’ extremely blackpilling and makes one realize that public health and medical industry are far worse/corrupt/politicized than we thought.

I’m not aware of any current randomized double-blind studies testing the use of HCQ in the way doctors who used it claim it works (early at the onset of possible exposure or symptoms, and along with Zinc.)

Without those trials, opponents can keep citing the results of studies designed to make it fail. (Drug given at the last possible moment to very sick patients.)

Trump should have that Yale epidemiologist Risch talk about it at one of his press conferences, not the African witch doctor.

Dr. Risch writes that he is “flummoxed” to find himself “fighting for a treatment that the data fully support but which, for reasons having nothing to do with a correct understanding of the science, has been pushed to the sidelines. As a result, tens of thousands of patients with COVID-19 are dying unnecessarily.” He explains that when hydroxychloroquine is administered early on, in combination with azithromycin or doxycycline and zinc, it has been “highly effective.”

In May, Dr. Risch published a piece in the American Journal of Epidemiology (AJE) in which he analyzed five studies, all of which showed “clear-cut and significant benefits” from using the inexpensive drug, as well as other studies confirming the medication’s safety. As Risch notes, doctors are prescribing this treatment in spite of skepticism and harassment — not from the medical community, but from some in the media. He says he knows two doctors who have “saved the lives of hundreds of patients” but are now fighting state medical boards to save their licenses.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Any of these fuckfaces that goes against HCQ, NEEDS to be tested for it.

I am will to put real money on the table that these corrupt assholes are using it.

Also, I am pretty sure they still give it to military. Talk to guys in the army you might know and keep some on hand.

pitbullowner

Kingfisher
Also, I am pretty sure they still give it to military. Talk to guys in the army you might know and keep some on hand.
My father told me he got vaccines for things that the general population even just traveling as regular overseas tourists never got when he was in the military

my friend that was in the military said that he was given the anthrax vaccine, and 3 rounds of it ....I'm not sure the military is getting this stuff, if anything they'll be given it priority

The late Zippy Catholic had something to say about the prescription drug regime, but he was speaking specifically about psychotropics rather than other sorts of drugs.

[...]the sociological purpose of the prescription pad is twofold. One of its key functions is to place you under authority while pretending not to place you under authority. The other key function is to control the information flow and narrative around the use of psychotropic drugs. Naturally the ‘experts’ who wield this chemical power on behalf of the State would rather you didn’t see it that way.
Remove or replace "psychotropic" and this fits well with the cabal's war against cheap, effective drugs.

Zenta

Woodpecker
Gold Member
Sad when legislators decide on medications based on big pharma, big business, and Bill Gates.

Where can someone get Hydrochloroquine ? Has anyone gone or tried to get a preventative prescription?
I'm also interested if anyone knows a source to acquire some.