I am Beginning to Believe We Are In the End Times

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
I wish I could be so optimistic as to believe this were the end times.

In reality things are just going to get faker and gayer and dirtier and more dehumanizing. Prepare for that reality, not some fantasy that the credits will roll before things get even uglier. You will not be spared from the struggle to come.
Optimistic? The final days come with tremendous persecution of believers and tremendous suffering for non-believers. I would not wish for that at all.

I wish I could be so optimistic as to believe this were the end times.

In reality things are just going to get faker and gayer and dirtier and more dehumanizing. Prepare for that reality, not some fantasy that the credits will roll before things get even uglier. You will not be spared from the struggle to come.
It often seems to be a welcomed escape from the burdens of reality.

Salocin

Woodpecker
Things can happen very quickly. In January 2020 everyone would have said you were insane if you told them what was coming beginning in March.

If deaths begin to pile up from the virus (or the vaccine) this fall, and lockdowns get going en masse famine is not unlikely. I have no doubt the unvaccinated will be blamed, and tremendous persecution will occur.

War in the Middle East is as always very possible. If this were to occur things could spiral out of control with China and Russia very quickly.

Things could look drastically different two months from now. Of course it may temporarily improve during that time as well. Who knows.

We shall see.

Dijkstra

Pigeon
I personally feel that what's happening here are the precursors that set the stage for the antichrist's ascension to power. Could be in my lifetime, could be held back for many generations yet should that be God's plan. Only things you can do to prepare are study and meditate on the Scriptures (as said in Proverbs "Bind them on your fingers; Write them on the tablet of your heart."), and learn how to be as self-sufficient and comfortable with discomfort as possible.

Ultimately, while we are still here and can still act and speak, that means the harvest is not yet fully gathered out of the field. Pray, serve, and make disciples, that is what Jesus has commanded of us; that's as unchanging as He is.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
We have technically been in the End Times since Christ's Ascension, but I wouldn't be surprised if Christ's Second Coming is near.

That being said, I don't believe that the vaccine is the Mark; the Mark would be on the hand or forehead, and would involve worship of the Beast.

However, the vaccine is definitely a type or pre-cursor of the Mark.

Also the Antichrist has not yet arrived: according to the fathers, the Antichrist will be a human of great charisma and intelligence, who will usher in a global age of peace. He will also reign from Jerusalem, and be from the Jewish tribe of Gad.

Everyone will love him, except for the Christians. His power comes from Satan, since he will have achieved a union with the Evil One.

It's interesting you reference the tribe of Gad. That is one of the "Ten Lost Tribes" of the northern kingdom of Israel as opposed to the southern kingdom of Judah which consisted of Judah, Benjamin and Levi who all would be recognized in Christ's day as Judeans. How would a lineage to Gad be confirmed and where did that revelation come from?

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
It's interesting you reference the tribe of Gad. That is one of the "Ten Lost Tribes" of the northern kingdom of Israel as opposed to the southern kingdom of Judah which consisted of Judah, Benjamin and Levi who all would be recognized in Christ's day as Judeans. How would a lineage to Gad be confirmed and where did that revelation come from?

My bad, it's the Tribe of Dan:

newcomer

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Me and my friend were talking about the situation that we are in these days.
She recommended me to watch Divergent film. It kinda hit me that it, being Hollywood movie, has some underlying messages that are suppossed to stir your thinking certain way. And there are multiple films like that ; Avatar, Hunger Games, almost any superhero fiction there is..
On my way home a thought struck me. Maybe that is suppossed to be The Antichrist? This whole 'Great Reset', 'NWO' is just stage getting ready. It will come, and it will be bad. Usury, manipulation, getting rid of anyone the system doesnt like, etc. Then HE will appear. The Great Hero. The Liberator. A man who will fight for us, for freedom, who will be able to defeat the evil globalists, the jaws, all those things.
He will be celebrated as a true hero, a courage personified. A true main character, just like the films showed us we need. Loved by everyone.

There will be almost noone who wouldnt like him, because he singlehandedly defeated all those Shwab troopers and Bates SS army and cut off the serpents head for good. Thus He brought peace to the whole world.
Everyone will bow to him, only those strong in their faith will not be deceived.

Those are just my quick thoughts, but it kinda makes sense, doesnt it? Please let me know what you think of it

Pancras

Sparrow
“The Catechism of the Council of Trent says that there are three things which must happen before the end of the world. The first is the preaching of the gospel to the whole world. The second is a general apostasy from the faith. And the third is the appearance of the antichrist. When the Catechism was written in the 1560s, none of these things had taken place. Today we can say with certitude that the first and the second have taken place — the preaching of the gospel to the whole world, and the apostasy from the faith.”

Antichrist & End of Times, Part I
(by Bp. Donald J. Sanborn; delivered in 2012)

Antichrist & End of Times, Part II

Antichrist & End of Times, Part III

Antichrist & End of Times, Part IV

Last edited:

P. D.

Pigeon
There certainly seems to be a rise in apocalyptic events. I can't shake the thought that, if Christ is logos, wouldn't anti-Christ be something like chaos? Isn't that what we're seeing? The popular cultural narrative has become unmoored from any empirical or logical reality. All our rulers know is power, and they will say anything to get it. Truth isn't even a consideration for them.

On the other hand, all of the above could simply be a sign that God is removing His graces from the rulers of the earth. They are falling deeper into sins of the flesh which will eventually consume and expose them. The last 4 years has seen a great revealing of corruption, lies, and unimaginable wickedness of those in high places. Even atheists (like I used to be) are finding it difficult to explain the depths of depravity in secular terms. They're driven by more than money and power. They're driven by the demons to whom they've sold their souls.

With the revealing there has been a corresponding increase in holiness. I heard an exorcist report that young children were spontaneously reaching high levels of mental prayer without ever being taught or encouraged to do so! He said that such things haven't been seen for a thousand years! Saints are rising to meet the challenges of our day. Whether it's the end times or not, God is certainly still with us.

MikeV12

Sparrow
Do you guys think the year 2030 has anything to do with the end times? (Agenda 2030)I used to base my whole thinking around that but i really dont know anymore

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Do you guys think the year 2030 has anything to do with the end times? (Agenda 2030)I used to base my whole thinking around that but i really dont know anymore

Possibly but who knows. Christ was crucified and resurrected around 33 A.D. so 2000 years later would be around 2033.

But as always who knows and what Eusebius said above is correct. It's more about what conditions are being met and what events are occurring. Times are flexible.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
1. Digital Currency - an unknown founder holding 25% of Bitcoin clearly already a billionaire. Hyperinflation will make this mystery founder the richest man alive.
I thought it was interesting that you made this point, but it hasn't really been discussed much in this thread as of yet. I have had this same thought as well. Some people worship Satoshi Nakamoto as the second coming of Christ, or even skip over Jesus and call him the Messiah. You don't have to go far to find this sentiment, it has even been brought up on the Bitcoin thread in this forum here. I hope that member repented of his statement.

Just imagine: the year is 2030. Bitcoin is worth $10,000,000 each. Somebody mysteriously and anonymously buys a large plot of land in Jerusalem and begins excavating in order to build the third Temple. People who analyze the blockchain realize that some of the coins have moved from Satoshi's wallet (up until now none of his coins have ever moved, and since the blockchain is a public ledger we can see when and where each bitcoin moves).

Last edited:

damiefino

Pigeon
Check out the books by Dr. Ken Johnson on the subject.

God modelled the seven day week after what will be the age of the earth. Remember that a 1000 years is like a day to the Lord. And the last 1000 years will be the millennial reign of the Messiah on earth, before a new heaven and earth will be established (this is the reason the Sabbath is Holy, it foreshadows the coming rest during Yeshua's reign). This means we are still somewhere in the first 6000 years. Since the nation state of Israel has already been established, we also know we are in the time of the "birth pangs".

The question then really is, what year is it? We know the Jewish calendar has been tampered with (to try and cover for the fact that they killed the long awaited Messiah), so it's completely useless. The answer lies in the recently uncovered Essene calendar that has been pieced together from ancient documents discovered among the dead sea scrolls. This calendar puts the current year at 5946 AM, which means we have less than 50 years before the 7 year tribulation will begin. The rapture will be any time between now and the beginning of the tribulation.

Again, I highly recommend all of Ken's books for details, especially his books on the Dead Sea Scroll calendar and The Rapture. Here is an infographic someone pieced together from the information in his books.

They Live

Pigeon
I gotta think it's in our lifetime. “To the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Daniel 12:4.
Among other things. But i believe Russia and China gonna heat things up then we getting closer. One thing is WE WILL KNOW, there will be no doubt. Normies won't get it, but we will know. Man of sin on the world scene. It's gotta get real bad first and like someone else stated, that could happen in an instant.

Opinion: EMP soon 1-5 years.

Per the "hand and forehead" thing, I've heard an interesting take from some RVFers that this could be symbolic of having your actions and thoughts in concordance with the Beast system. With how symbolic Revelation can get sometimes, that is not outside the question that the Mark isn't a literal Mark that gets put on your hand or forehead.

However, the talk about the end times being something unique and never done before also suggests that there will be a literal Mark. Our society isn't the first society to have ever demanded that people's actions and thoughts synchronize with the ruler's. The one thing that is not a constant throughout the various "ends" predicted throughout the millennia is technology. That is the only variable here, everything else is a constant. And we know they are pushing for technology to get to the point of literally tracking your thoughts and actions. If they could, they would get people chipped.

And that's another thing about Biblical prophecies: they tend to have a physical and spiritual/symbolic fulfillment. Usually, the spiritual/symbolic fulfillment comes first, then the physical later. This is a pattern in the Bible: when Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they did not immediately drop die as God's words would have implied they would, but they did immediately spiritually die. Their bodies would die later. Abraham became the father of many nations in both a physical and spiritual sense. Physically, he fathered many of the Semitic nations we know today. Spiritually, he is the father of the righteous. Even Jesus Christ came not as the conqueror-king that the Jews thought He would, but first as a spiritual Savior. The physical fulfillment of Jesus Christ as the conqueror-king Messiah is yet to come. And likewise, we are spiritually "born-again" but not physically - not until the Resurrection, anyway, when we will be raised with new, uncorrupted, unfallen bodies.

So I think the way it will play out will be a combination of the physical and metaphorical understanding of the Mark. The Mark is as much a physical thing as it is a mean of enforcing that your thoughts and actions are in concordance with the Beast.
Great post!