I am Beginning to Believe We Are In the End Times

Mr Gee

Robin
I gotta think it's in our lifetime. “To the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Daniel 12:4.
Among other things. But i believe Russia and China gonna heat things up then we getting closer. One thing is WE WILL KNOW, there will be no doubt. Normies won't get it, but we will know. Man of sin on the world scene. It's gotta get real bad first and like someone else stated, that could happen in an instant.

Opinion: EMP soon 1-5 years.
Yep I’m waiting to see how the war of Isaiah where Damascus is destroyed then Gog and Magog war - possible retaliation on Israel ? Then the temple rebuild. I sometimes think they are all playing a script. Who knows? So many chess pieces being moved.

We have technically been in the End Times since Christ's Ascension, but I wouldn't be surprised if Christ's Second Coming is near.

That being said, I don't believe that the vaccine is the Mark; the Mark would be on the hand or forehead, and would involve worship of the Beast.

However, the vaccine is definitely a type or pre-cursor of the Mark.

Also the Antichrist has not yet arrived: according to the fathers, the Antichrist will be a human of great charisma and intelligence, who will usher in a global age of peace. He will also reign from Jerusalem, and be from the Jewish tribe of Gad.

Everyone will love him, except for the Christians. His power comes from Satan, since he will have achieved a union with the Evil One.
Very true. The "man of lawlessness" still needs to be revealed.

As well, individual nations still exercise their respective sovreignty; the world government - the "Eighth King" - has yet to rise.

There certainly seems to be a rise in apocalyptic events. I can't shake the thought that, if Christ is logos, wouldn't anti-Christ be something like chaos? Isn't that what we're seeing? The popular cultural narrative has become unmoored from any empirical or logical reality. All our rulers know is power, and they will say anything to get it. Truth isn't even a consideration for them.

On the other hand, all of the above could simply be a sign that God is removing His graces from the rulers of the earth. They are falling deeper into sins of the flesh which will eventually consume and expose them. The last 4 years has seen a great revealing of corruption, lies, and unimaginable wickedness of those in high places. Even atheists (like I used to be) are finding it difficult to explain the depths of depravity in secular terms. They're driven by more than money and power. They're driven by the demons to whom they've sold their souls.

With the revealing there has been a corresponding increase in holiness. I heard an exorcist report that young children were spontaneously reaching high levels of mental prayer without ever being taught or encouraged to do so! He said that such things haven't been seen for a thousand years! Saints are rising to meet the challenges of our day. Whether it's the end times or not, God is certainly still with us.

The Anti-Christ is like the shadow of the Christ. Just like "The Whore of Babylon" is the shadow of the New Jerusalem.

As demons attempt to imitate and invert the already existing.

Per the "hand and forehead" thing, I've heard an interesting take from some RVFers that this could be symbolic of having your actions and thoughts in concordance with the Beast system. With how symbolic Revelation can get sometimes, that is not outside the question that the Mark isn't a literal Mark that gets put on your hand or forehead.

However, the talk about the end times being something unique and never done before also suggests that there will be a literal Mark. Our society isn't the first society to have ever demanded that people's actions and thoughts synchronize with the ruler's. The one thing that is not a constant throughout the various "ends" predicted throughout the millennia is technology. That is the only variable here, everything else is a constant. And we know they are pushing for technology to get to the point of literally tracking your thoughts and actions. If they could, they would get people chipped.

And that's another thing about Biblical prophecies: they tend to have a physical and spiritual/symbolic fulfillment. Usually, the spiritual/symbolic fulfillment comes first, then the physical later. This is a pattern in the Bible: when Adam and Eve ate the fruit, they did not immediately drop die as God's words would have implied they would, but they did immediately spiritually die. Their bodies would die later. Abraham became the father of many nations in both a physical and spiritual sense. Physically, he fathered many of the Semitic nations we know today. Spiritually, he is the father of the righteous. Even Jesus Christ came not as the conqueror-king that the Jews thought He would, but first as a spiritual Savior. The physical fulfillment of Jesus Christ as the conqueror-king Messiah is yet to come. And likewise, we are spiritually "born-again" but not physically - not until the Resurrection, anyway, when we will be raised with new, uncorrupted, unfallen bodies.

So I think the way it will play out will be a combination of the physical and metaphorical understanding of the Mark. The Mark is as much a physical thing as it is a mean of enforcing that your thoughts and actions are in concordance with the Beast.

The decisive victory disguised as defeat on the cross was definitely required to make the 2nd coming possible.(Colossian 2:15)

The clues given in the Book of Revelation indicates that the one to unseal the scroll of Eschaton is the Lamb that was slain.

Since the Spiritual conditions for the death and resurrection of the Righteous as well as the entire Cosmos was fulfilled in the Cross. As we are glorified, so will all of creation
Romans 8:18-25
18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God. 20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. 24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? 25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

The End-times is consummation of what has already been accomplished. Not only in the redemption of creation and of the Righteous.

But also the final and irrevocable condemnation of the Demonic Powers who put the only true innocent God-Man to death.

This is not the Orthodox understanding. It is actually a formal heresy called Chiliasm.

According to the Orthodox understanding the world was created 5509 BC.

My understanding is that the promise of ultra-long lives in one of the Prophets on the order of lives as long as trees and the non-existence of infant mortality could only be fulfilled in the Millennial Reign:

Isaiah 65:20-22
20No longer will a nursing infant live but a few days,

or an old man fail to live out his years.

For the youth will die at a hundred years,

and he who fails to reach a hundred

will be considered accursed.

21They will build houses and dwell in them;

they will plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

22No longer will they build houses for others to inhabit,

nor plant for others to eat.

For as is the lifetime of a tree,

so will be the days of My people,

and My chosen ones will fully enjoy

the work of their hands.

Since it assumes mortality. But very long lives. Then there must be a transition period before true Immortality for all Mankind in the Eternal State.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
My understanding is that the promise of ultra-long lives in one of the Prophets on the order of lives as long as trees and the non-existence of infant mortality could only be fulfilled in the Millennial Reign:

Since it assumes mortality. But very long lives. Then there must be a transition period before true Immortality for all Mankind in the Eternal State.
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(1 Corinthians 15:51-52)

I'm not really interested in theological argumentation. I have expressed the Orthodox viewpoint to the best of my understanding, and it has in back of it the ruling of the first ecumenical council so I don't know what else to say. Maybe @MichaelWitcoff can discuss this with you, because I'm not the resident apologist.

Wars in the 20th century were global.Asia , Japan invading China,Russia Germany at each other.
The nuclear age.The end times still did not come.
The 20th century had the most carnage in human history.Still the end times never came.
Of course if two countries who have no problems using nuclear weapons, end times could occur in one week.

Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
(1 Corinthians 15:51-52)

I'm not really interested in theological argumentation. I have expressed the Orthodox viewpoint to the best of my understanding, and it has in back of it the ruling of the first ecumenical council so I don't know what else to say. Maybe @MichaelWitcoff can discuss this with you, because I'm not the resident apologist.

Okay. I simply take those passages at face value since it is so specifically detailed as to be literal future reality.

I will be surprised if the historic arguments didn't use said passages as I quoted.

damiefino

Pigeon
Wars in the 20th century were global.Asia , Japan invading China,Russia Germany at each other.
The nuclear age.The end times still did not come.
The 20th century had the most carnage in human history.Still the end times never came.
Of course if two countries who have no problems using nuclear weapons, end times could occur in one week.

"And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for [a]all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet." Matthew 24:6

The difference this time around will likely be the persecution of Christians.

"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake." Matthew 24:9

"Knowing this first: that scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming?” 2 Peter 3:3

Okay. I simply take those passages at face value since it is so specifically detailed as to be literal future reality.

I will be surprised if the historic arguments didn't use said passages as I quoted.

I believe this is to be taken literally as well. It is obvious our sinful bodies will not enter the kingdom of heaven, and must be transformed in some way into a more eternal state. The Bible has several examples of this in the old and new testaments - Enoch and Elijah (both of whom will return during the tribulation), and Philip being "transported" many miles in the blink of an eye.

The Anti-Christ is like the shadow of the Christ. Just like "The Whore of Babylon" is the shadow of the New Jerusalem.

As demons attempt to imitate and invert the already existing.

The antichrist will be indistinguishable from the Messiah to those who have not studied the Bible and it's prophecies. He is the fulfilment of the goat of Azazel (from which the term scapegoat originates) in the day of atonement ritual of Leviticus.

wingo

Chicken
Check out the books by Dr. Ken Johnson on the subject.

God modelled the seven day week after what will be the age of the earth. Remember that a 1000 years is like a day to the Lord. And the last 1000 years will be the millennial reign of the Messiah on earth, before a new heaven and earth will be established (this is the reason the Sabbath is Holy, it foreshadows the coming rest during Yeshua's reign). This means we are still somewhere in the first 6000 years. Since the nation state of Israel has already been established, we also know we are in the time of the "birth pangs".

The question then really is, what year is it? We know the Jewish calendar has been tampered with (to try and cover for the fact that they killed the long awaited Messiah), so it's completely useless. The answer lies in the recently uncovered Essene calendar that has been pieced together from ancient documents discovered among the dead sea scrolls. This calendar puts the current year at 5946 AM, which means we have less than 50 years before the 7 year tribulation will begin. The rapture will be any time between now and the beginning of the tribulation.

Again, I highly recommend all of Ken's books for details, especially his books on the Dead Sea Scroll calendar and The Rapture. Here is an infographic someone pieced together from the information in his books.
Please, do you know how one can get Dr. Ken Johnson Th.D's books in PDF format?

Would be most grateful.
Thank you.

Sa6re

Robin
"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake." Matthew 24:9
This is already happening and may be has happened many times in history. IF the names sake can be understood as Truth.

In the times I’ve spoken of Covid truths to MsM media watching people, they get bothered and irritated, they turn away from evidence and it doesn’t end well, even though I don’t aggressively push it. But still Covid truths are still material proofs not supernal truths. If I approach a covid normie with supernal truths what will be their reaction? Is covid separating the wheat from the chaff or is it just another tyrannical dictatorship laying grounds for its illegitimate kingdom on Earth?

We have been through this process many times in the past 1000’s of years.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox

Sorry for speaking so bluntly. Here’s today’s post from Abbot Tryphon which explains Holy Tradition.
We Orthodox try to receive the Tradition with humility - there is really very little need for any interpretation except to try to understand the way the Fathers of the Church understood things.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Since we are on the subject, your interpretation of the 1,000 years is coming out of an interpretation of the book of Revelation. The Fathers of the Church consider this thousand year reign to be NOW. It is the reign of the Church - the Orthodox Church, since Christ has bound the serpent (Revelation 20:2). This is often depicted in the icon of the Resurrection - the devil is bound in chains just as it is described in Revelation and in Christ's own words in Mark 3:27 and Matthew 12:29:
1628623457935.png
The Church will reign until the end of time, and the gates of hell shall not prevail over the church (Matthew 16:18). A good book to read for an understanding of this subject is The Apocalypse by Archbishop Averky. St. John Maximovitch spoke very highly of Arb. Averky, saying we had complete oneness of mind with him (oneness of mind with a Saint!)
1628623691926.png

Yusuf_UK

Chicken
Orthodox Inquirer
It looks like the End Times because it's directly affecting your life. Many people in Russia during the Soviet Union thought it was the End Times, many people in Europe during WW2 thought it was the End Times and many people in the Arab world thought it was the End Times during the 'War on Terror'. It seems like the elites carry out these 'Great Resets' regularly. I honestly think it's because these Elites are just bored and like to toy with us with these Events. It's fun to them. They get a kick out of these Mass Genocide rituals.

Since we are on the subject, your interpretation of the 1,000 years is coming out of an interpretation of the book of Revelation. The Fathers of the Church consider this thousand year reign to be NOW. It is the reign of the Church - the Orthodox Church, since Christ has bound the serpent (Revelation 20:2). This is often depicted in the icon of the Resurrection - the devil is bound in chains just as it is described in Revelation and in Christ's own words in Mark 3:27 and Matthew 12:29:
View attachment 32728
The Church will reign until the end of time, and the gates of hell shall not prevail over the church (Matthew 16:18). A good book to read for an understanding of this subject is The Apocalypse by Archbishop Averky. St. John Maximovitch spoke very highly of Arb. Averky, saying we had complete oneness of mind with him (oneness of mind with a Saint!)
View attachment 32730
I have to agree to disagree based on the promise of the prophecy of ultra-long lives, the Lord Jesus settling disputes among the Nations, and the requirement to celebrate the feast of Tabernacles at Jerusalem by the delegations of each Nation lest they get no rain.

This hasn't happened. Each of those statements of mine can be found in the various passages of the Prophets.

Sa6re

Robin
Problem I have with referring end times everytime societies get into trouble (usually by criminal thugs usurping power) is because it takes away the decision to act to defend society and normie folk from criminal scum thugs and reinstate a sane and just society. God and the angels don’t want corporate thug scum running nations, freely committing atrocities and poisoning his children against him.

I just don’t believe the angels were given power to defend mankind from demons, just to watch them fall pathetically at the feet of corrupted men ‘cos those men wielded psychological power manipulations. Something is very wrong with this current world that even the children are not being defended. It’s possible even the spiritually enlightened are somewhat blinded by a fog.

I can imagine getting to the gates and saying to the angel, Where were you to help us against these demonic oligarchs and they reply ‘Why didn’t you raised the sword against them, their rule was illegitimate?’.

Last edited:
Certainly during the dark days of Bolshivism in Russia, with priests and nuns murdered and forcing people to renounce Christ, and destroying ancient churches, it must have seen like end of times.
Certainly the French Revolution with its similar optics, seemed like end of times.
During the middle ages when the Church was utterly corrupt it almost seemed as is Lucifer himself was Pope it seemed like end of times... when Constantinople fell and the bells of Hagia Sophia silenced, certainly it seemed like end of times...

The sad truth is we can go on this way for a long long time.
Look back over the centuries and see how many times the 'signs' were there. In short things can get pretty awful pretty quick without being end of times. It makes no sense to plan or think about 'end of times' because when it does come there is nothing you can do about it but being the same follower of the faith you are now.
One big difference. Never has the Jew had complete Global control like they do now. While white christian russians where in gulags, the bible belt of america was thriving...MIddle ages? when europe was at the peak of its christan faith? where is that the same today? the beast system has its claws EVERYWHERE.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
One big difference. Never has the Jew had complete Global control like they do now. While white christian russians where in gulags, the bible belt of america was thriving...MIddle ages? when europe was at the peak of its christan faith? where is that the same today? the beast system has its claws EVERYWHERE.
I don't understand how people can say the opposite and feel we'll go on for another thousand years. The global worldwide reach of technology is digital slavery unlike anything that has existed previously ever. Social credit systems and brain implants to bolster said credit system is a hell onto itself. If the antichrist does appear these systems can be used to enforce a beast system.

Every previous claim that Christ's return was imminent or that the apocalypse was close failed to understand prophecy. Where was the state of Israel or the other prophecies? These vaccines are being given out worldwide for free and people are using them as some sort of faith on science.

We shall see how well these vaccine mandates pass and if the people will refuse them.

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
A very important condition or marker in all of this is the attempt to remove free-will from mankind.

The current vaccine push is getting closer to removing your choice of what goes into your body. If that happens, there are various pharmaceuticals that can be mandated such as anti-psychotics (among others) that seriously impede your ability to think in a self-determining way.

Free-will determination for every person is absolutely sacred. The attempt is underway now to remove that from every human being on earth. I don't think God can allow that to be happen.