I am Beginning to Believe We Are In the End Times

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
A very important condition or marker in all of this is the attempt to remove free-will from mankind.

The current vaccine push is getting closer to removing your choice of what goes into your body. If that happens, there are various pharmaceuticals that can be mandated such as anti-psychotics (among others) that seriously impede your ability to think in a self-determining way.

Free-will determination for every person is absolutely sacred. The attempt is underway now to remove that from every human being on earth. I don't think God can allow that to be happen.
Satan wants our souls to be separated from God, and the only way that can happen is if we choose to deny God of our own free will. The mark of the beast which appears on the forehead indicates that we are going along with the anti-christ willingly, giving consent and agreeing to it. The mark on the hand indicates that we aren’t in agreement with our minds, but we are going along with it for convenience. This is also a denial of Christ, however. God will never violate our free will, and neither can Satan.

Wutang

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I definitely noticed that there's been a big attack on the idea of free-will in the past 15 years or so. One the most well known New Atheists, Sam Harris was the person who really popularized the idea in the general public. My guess is we'll see a push along the lines of "You don't have free will anyways - so why not submit yourself to the experts and algorithms that know better than you do?"

GuitarVH

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
Satan wants our souls to be separated from God, and the only way that can happen is if we choose to deny God of our own free will. The mark of the beast which appears on the forehead indicates that we are going along with the anti-christ willingly, giving consent and agreeing to it. The mark on the hand indicates that we aren’t in agreement with our minds, but we are going along with it for convenience. This is also a denial of Christ, however. God will never violate our free will, and neither can Satan.

Right, I agree with this. That's why I think the wicked attempting to remove our free will with a control system that allows zero spontaneity and choice is a sign of the end times.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
I definitely noticed that there's been a big attack on the idea of free-will in the past 15 years or so. One the most well known New Atheists, Sam Harris was the person who really popularized the idea in the general public. My guess is we'll see a push along the lines of "You don't have free will anyways - so why not submit yourself to the experts and algorithms that know better than you do?"
That’s an interesting take. Although the idea that there is no free will is probably as old as time itself, I guess each generation needs someone to be a proponent of the idea, as you say of Sam Harris.

jollycynic

Sparrow
A very important condition or marker in all of this is the attempt to remove free-will from mankind.

The current vaccine push is getting closer to removing your choice of what goes into your body. If that happens, there are various pharmaceuticals that can be mandated such as anti-psychotics (among others) that seriously impede your ability to think in a self-determining way.

Free-will determination for every person is absolutely sacred. The attempt is underway now to remove that from every human being on earth. I don't think God can allow that to be happen.

I actually have to disagree on the removal of free will. While psychological conditioning, propaganda and manipulation are all definitely in play I do not think they will ever truly move to end free will.

Demons always rely on consent. You have to make the choice to invite them in.

Look at modern feminist sexual culture. Consent obsession.

The most important part of ruining people is that the choice is still theirs. The ruin and damnation then is theirs.

Elipe

Pelican
I don't understand how people can say the opposite and feel we'll go on for another thousand years. The global worldwide reach of technology is digital slavery unlike anything that has existed previously ever. Social credit systems and brain implants to bolster said credit system is a hell onto itself. If the antichrist does appear these systems can be used to enforce a beast system.
There's one easy reason why people can say the opposite and feel we'll go on for another thousand years.

Have you seen what an incredible house of cards the whole system is right now? The Taliban has also really exposed some really huge cracks in the system as well, so there's also that. We're also teetering on the edge of a financial implosion that will absolutely devastate the system. The current system in the US is living on borrowed time. And add to that all the friction from continuing to inclusivate and diversificate Western countries. Nothing about this system seems sustainable at all. Even infrastructure is failing.

It would take either another pass at (((them))) rebuilding the whole Beast system, which could take us up to another century, or a miracle as performed by the Antichrist to suddenly turn it all around and restore people's confidence and faith in "The System".

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
There's one easy reason why people can say the opposite and feel we'll go on for another thousand years.

Have you seen what an incredible house of cards the whole system is right now? The Taliban has also really exposed some really huge cracks in the system as well, so there's also that. We're also teetering on the edge of a financial implosion that will absolutely devastate the system. The current system in the US is living on borrowed time. And add to that all the friction from continuing to inclusivate and diversificate Western countries. Nothing about this system seems sustainable at all. Even infrastructure is failing.

It would take either another pass at (((them))) rebuilding the whole Beast system, which could take us up to another century, or a miracle as performed by the Antichrist to suddenly turn it all around and restore people's confidence and faith in "The System".
This is correct. The angle against the issue at hand here is that tech is pretty darn far away from where it claims it can go, which is quite dystopian. Martin Armstrong puts the fall of the West at 2032, with a move to the Far East as the new financial capital. That means it could go on another 50-100 years easily.

I think the real issue is the tech issue. Wars can always be mistaken as being crazy or historically momentous, and they have in the past been considered on this scale of end times as well, yet it didn't happen that way. The more I think about it and see that with deflation (demographic issues) and printing trying to overcome deflation, this current system could absolutely could be pushed another 8-10 years.

If I had to guess right now I'd bet the US National Debt certainly gets to 80-100 trillion. No replacement world reserve is in sight, by the way, for at least 5+ years and that's contingent on this system failing in lockstep.

Fenaroli

Robin
I'm starting to notice a pattern of prophecies in revelations occurring simultaneously in various parts of the world. Let me list them.
1. Digital Currency - an unknown founder holding 25% of Bitcoin clearly already a billionaire. Hyperinflation will make this mystery founder the richest man alive.
2. Voluntary mark (vaccine)
3. Certain places around the globe instituting vaccine passes. Denying employment and basic services like grocery shopping. Extreme coercion to get it.
4. Widespread apostasy
5. Hatred of Christians because of vaccine hesitancy.
6. Chinese making chimeras and CRISPR babies.

Prophecies don't have to be 100% all over the world to be accurate but certain things are lining up in a way that scare me deeply. If you asked me a year ago I would have laughed and said no. Now it's very different.

Still no antichrist, yet.
Thoughts fellow Christians?
Good observations, but I have to say i'm feeling rather nonplussed by all the developments.

Since I returned to the faith, I've really left it all in His hands and in fact, even get excited at the opportunity to feel a little adversity to cleanse my soul. I've been reading up on the Saints and they pray for hardship.

Another thing I really believe to be true, is that the Devil doesn't really have much actual power. He can only use tricks to make you feel depressed or sad. It's like, if you are on the edge of a cliff, he can't physically push you over (he would like to) but he can convince you to jump. Once I realized that, I'm as happy as Hunter Biden with brand new laptop to fill up.

Since we are on the subject, your interpretation of the 1,000 years is coming out of an interpretation of the book of Revelation. The Fathers of the Church consider this thousand year reign to be NOW. It is the reign of the Church - the Orthodox Church, since Christ has bound the serpent (Revelation 20:2). This is often depicted in the icon of the Resurrection - the devil is bound in chains just as it is described in Revelation and in Christ's own words in Mark 3:27 and Matthew 12:29:
View attachment 32728
The Church will reign until the end of time, and the gates of hell shall not prevail over the church (Matthew 16:18). A good book to read for an understanding of this subject is The Apocalypse by Archbishop Averky. St. John Maximovitch spoke very highly of Arb. Averky, saying we had complete oneness of mind with him (oneness of mind with a Saint!)
View attachment 32730
Christ has not yet bound the serpent.

Revelation 19:19, to Revelation 20:2, indicates that Satan is cast into the Abyss for 1000 years after "those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image" are divinely executed on a global scale - which has not happened yet.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Christ has not yet bound the serpent.

Revelation 19:19, to Revelation 20:2, indicates that Satan is cast into the Abyss for 1000 years after "those who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image" are divinely executed on a global scale - which has not happened yet.
"With the coming of the Incarnate Son of God on earth - and in particular from the moment of His redemption of mankind through His death on the Cross - Satan was bound, paganism was cast down, and there came upon earth the thousand-year reign of Christ. The thousand year Kingdom of Christ on earth is to be understood as the victory of Christianity over paganism and the establishment on earth of the Church of Christ. The definite number one thousand is used here in place of an indefinite number, signifying the long period of time until the Second Coming of Christ." - quoted from The Apocalypse by Archbishop Averky p.253-254

As I tried to explain previously, I am not giving my own interpretation but just trying to express the teaching of the Church as faithfully as possible. In the text of this book, it goes further into the writings of the Saints, which are the source from which he draws these conclusions. You can do what you like with this explanation, believe it or not. My question for you is, what sources did you use to come to your conclusion? Did you interpret it yourself? Or do you draw from some other sources? If from other sources, are they more authoritative sources than the writings of Saints, or people who were close to the saints? Or, if you are interpreting the text yourself, give me your credentials to interpret scripture. We must be guided in our reading of scripture. As the Ethiopian eunuch says to the Apostle Philip in Acts 8:31: "How can I [understand], except some man should guide me?"

"With the coming of the Incarnate Son of God on earth - and in particular from the moment of His redemption of mankind through His death on the Cross - Satan was bound, paganism was cast down, and there came upon earth the thousand-year reign of Christ. The thousand year Kingdom of Christ on earth is to be understood as the victory of Christianity over paganism and the establishment on earth of the Church of Christ. The definite number one thousand is used here in place of an indefinite number, signifying the long period of time until the Second Coming of Christ." - quoted from The Apocalypse by Archbishop Averky p.253-254

As I tried to explain previously, I am not giving my own interpretation but just trying to express the teaching of the Church as faithfully as possible. In the text of this book, it goes further into the writings of the Saints, which are the source from which he draws these conclusions. You can do what you like with this explanation, believe it or not. My question for you is, what sources did you use to come to your conclusion? Did you interpret it yourself? Or do you draw from some other sources? If from other sources, are they more authoritative sources than the writings of Saints, or people who were close to the saints? Or, if you are interpreting the text yourself, give me your credentials to interpret scripture. We must be guided in our reading of scripture. As the Ethiopian eunuch says to the Apostle Philip in Acts 8:31: "How can I [understand], except some man should guide me?"
What "interpretation"? I quoted the BIBLE word for word; there's no mistaking the sequence of events quoted in Revelation 19:19 to 20:2 - read the passage. You said many words in your response above, but provided no actual refute to my post.

The promise of ultra-long lives on the order of centuries as promised in the Millennial Reign hasn't occurred. How then could the 1000 year reign right now be true?

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
What "interpretation"? I quoted the BIBLE word for word; there's no mistaking the sequence of events quoted in Revelation 19:19 to 20:2 - read the passage. You said many words in your response above, but provided no actual refute to my post.
You are clearly reading the bible in a certain way, which is what we call an 'interpretation." You are leaning towards a very literal interpretation of the bible, I would say. My way of understanding these passages is not as a chronological sequence of events. Where Chapter 20 begins the narrative changes. Is in not possible that verses 20:1-3 could be referring to events that have already taken place?

You didn't answer my question, however. Let me take a guess: you consider yourself to be a little pope whose personal interpretation of the bible is infallible?

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
And it's also worth pointing out that Satan is pretty clearly out and active in the world right now. He doesn't appear to be bound up right now.
"The binding of Satan does not mean that he has no power at all during this period, but that he is restrained until just before the end of this age."
Quoted from Fr. John Whiteford's blog post on the subject we have been debating:

Good observations, but I have to say i'm feeling rather nonplussed by all the developments.

Since I returned to the faith, I've really left it all in His hands and in fact, even get excited at the opportunity to feel a little adversity to cleanse my soul. I've been reading up on the Saints and they pray for hardship.

Another thing I really believe to be true, is that the Devil doesn't really have much actual power. He can only use tricks to make you feel depressed or sad. It's like, if you are on the edge of a cliff, he can't physically push you over (he would like to) but he can convince you to jump. Once I realized that, I'm as happy as Hunter Biden with brand new laptop to fill up.
During my morning prayers a feeling like this came over me, that Satan tries to scare me but has nothing else. The truth is I am in touching distance with immortality in heaven where I shall stand beside my King and look down upon his enemies, I just need to endure a little longer.