I am Beginning to Believe We Are In the End Times

"The binding of Satan does not mean that he has no power at all during this period, but that he is restrained until just before the end of this age."
Yet again, the Holy Scriptures and ^your claim^ are in contradiction:

And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time. - Revelation 20:3

Eusebius Erasmus

Pelican
Orthodox
Yet again, the Holy Scriptures and ^your claim^ are in contradiction:

And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time. - Revelation 20:3

I think you're confusing different events.

Satan is bound after Christ's death and resurrection, but he will be loosed for a while (Revelation 20:7-10).

After Christ's Second Coming, Satan is permanently imprisoned in Hell, and is powerless.

I think you're confusing different events.

Satan is bound after Christ's death and resurrection, but he will be loosed for a while (Revelation 20:7-10).

After Christ's Second Coming, Satan is permanently imprisoned in Hell, and is powerless.
The back and forth between Penitent and myself began with his post (#73), specifically referring to the 1000 years after the devil is bound. The 1000 years is mentioned in Revelation, and the timeline associated with those events shows that 'bounding' cannot have occurred yet.

After the 1000 years, Satan is not permanently imprisoned in hell; the account reads that he is specifically cast into the "Lake of Fire" (Gehenna) for all eternity - there is a substantial difference between those two places. (See Revelation 20:14)

The back and forth between Penitent and myself began with his post (#73), specifically referring to the 1000 years after the devil is bound. The 1000 years is mentioned in Revelation, and the timeline associated with those events shows that 'bounding' cannot have occurred yet.

After the 1000 years, Satan is not permanently imprisoned in hell; the account reads that he is specifically cast into the "Lake of Fire" (Gehenna) for all eternity - there is a substantial difference between those two places. (See Revelation 20:14)

Then there is the mandatory celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles described here after Jesus Christ in the 2nd coming defeats the armies of Gog and Magog ushering in the 1000 years reign:

16Then all the survivors from the nations that came against Jerusalem will go up year after year to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.d 17And should any of the families of the earth not go up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of Hosts, then the rain will not fall on them. 18And if the people of Egypt will not go up and enter in, then the rain will not fall on them; this will be the plague with which the LORD strikes the nations who do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. 19This will be the punishment of Egypt and of all the nations that do not go up to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles.

20On that day, HOLY TO THE LORD will be inscribed on the bells of the horses, and the cooking pots in the house of the LORD will be like the sprinkling bowls before the altar. 21Indeed, every pot in Jerusalem and Judah will be holy to the LORD of Hosts, and all who sacrifice will come and take some pots and cook in them. And on that day there will no longer be a Canaanite in the house of the LORD of Hosts.

But if this is the 1000 year reign of Christ. Where is the mandatory feast of Tabernacles or else Nations will get no rain?

Last edited:

Sanctus

Pigeon
I believe we are entering a new era of civil unrest here in Australia. We are having protests every week over the never-ending lockdowns, the questionable nature of the vaccines, and the general frustration over the whole "Pandemic". People are beginning to draw lines in the sand with the whole Vaxxed/Unvaxxed thing - families and friendships are splitting over this.
Things aren't getting any better and are in line with the End Times timeline.

Last edited:
No Vaxx or chip for me.

Amen.

Revelation 14:6-13:
Then I saw another angel flying directly overhead, with an eternal gospel to proclaim to those who dwell on earth, to every nation and tribe and language and people. And he said with a loud voice, “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come, and worship him who made heaven and earth, the sea and the springs of water.”

Another angel, a second, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who made all nations drink the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality.”

And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus.

And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
"The binding of Satan does not mean that he has no power at all during this period, but that he is restrained until just before the end of this age."
Quoted from Fr. John Whiteford's blog post on the subject we have been debating:
So if Satan is bounded right now, then his temporary unbinding will be when he enters the world as the antichrist?
I guess the curious question is, does the devil have an, "evil spirit" that goes around corrupting like the holy spirit?

NickK

Kingfisher
Orthodox
So if Satan is bounded right now, then his temporary unbinding will be when he enters the world as the antichrist?
I guess the curious question is, does the devil have an, "evil spirit" that goes around corrupting like the holy spirit?
I think of it as an imprisoned mafia boss that still rules his organization from inside the prison.
He is granted spiritual rights by people freely choosing to do his biding.
Before Christ's first coming, the nations did not have a say in the matter, they were ruled by satan outright.

Penitent

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Satan is not the antichrist. The antichrist will be a human being whom satan gives all of his power and authority to. Satan is not a human being, nor will he become incarnate as Christ did. Satan is a fallen (bodiless) angel. Christ will give satan some leash at the end of the world to go out and be malicious and kill Christians and so forth, but for the sake of the elect those times will be shortened. According to the prophesy of Daniel that period will last 3.5 years (Daniel 7:25).

To your question: the way satan is able to influence people is through the love of pleasure.

Last edited:
Yes, we are in the Last days.
However, it is blasphemous to try and start to speculate when the end day will exactly come.
Like the Bible: "Those who say, don't know...and those who know, don't say."

I agree except, just to clarify, that quote is from East Asia (probably Zen or another type of Buddhism). I remember reading it in my Buddhist days, and I definitely wasn't reading anything Christian.

As Christians I don't know if we're told to keep quiet about what we know. Sometimes Jesus told people not to tell anyone He healed them, because He knew enemies were seeking His life. Other times He said to preach the gospel to all nations. I guess for us it depends on circumstances and His leadership.

Edit: Found it, it's in the Tao Te Ching, verse 56. Worth reading if you want to read a bunch of stuff that makes no sense.

There are a few things that have to happen before Christ returns. For example, Elijah and Enoch return to Earth to prophecy against the Antichrist. That hasn’t happened yet.

Are you referring to Malachi 4:5-6?
“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.”

You are in good company with Jesus' own disciples, since they too expected Elijah to come before Christ. They didn't realize Elijah had already come, and they had not recognized him. So maybe this was already fulfilled, at the first advent? I'm not sure who Enoch would be, but it's possible we haven't recognized him.

Matthew 17:9-13 And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, “Tell no one the vision, until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.” And the disciples asked him, “Then why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?” He answered, “Elijah does come, and he will restore all things. But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they pleased. So also the Son of Man will certainly suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
One could ask, in order to identify it at least in a more defined or clear way, what "apostasy" looks like overall (that is, global Christian apostasy - "Will he find faith on the Earth"?). At that point, one will be able to discern the penultimate age from the ultimate age (chronological age of human history); the latter of course truly being the "end times."

NickK

Kingfisher
Orthodox
@NickK
In an attempt to get at me for contradicting whatever belief you personally have, you gave two 'thumbs-down' to what the sacred scriptures are telling us - quite the inappropriate response on your part. Disgusting, actually.
I did not attempt to get at you, this is not personal. I simply diasagree with your interpretation of these verses.
What @Penitent wrote is what the Church has said on this matter.

N°6

Hummingbird
This might be the thread to ask this question: Has any Christian sect come out against the vaccine? You’d think that sacrificed baby cells and chimeric mouse-human hybrid cells would be more than enough for churches to condemn this invasive technology into what are supposed to be temples of the Holy Spirit. Maybe we are on the eve of the foretold Great Apostasy.

newcomer

Sparrow
Orthodox Inquirer
Edit: Found it, it's in the Tao Te Ching, verse 56. Worth reading if you want to read a bunch of stuff that makes no sense.
Theres a book named Christ The Eternal Tao by hieromonk Damascene. I have not read it (yet), but it could be interesting read, maybe for someone you know that is still caught up in Eastern religions.

This might be the thread to ask this question: Has any Christian sect come out against the vaccine? You’d think that sacrificed baby cells and chimeric mouse-human hybrid cells would be more than enough for churches to condemn this invasive technology into what are supposed to be temples of the Holy Spirit. Maybe we are on the eve of the foretold Great Apostasy.
I have yet to see a church governing body come out against. I think they all run the risk of alienating their members as well as facing severe government persecution. That said, several pastors/priests have spoken out independently across various denominations. But as it becomes more apparent that this movement is actually a religious cult/pagan movement (recall the latest from NY Governor), I pray they will realize it and speak out.

N°6

Hummingbird
^ Yeah, the airport arrest of a Canadian pastor for keeping his church open is just about the only example of religious resistance that I’m aware of.

i guess many churches are afraid of losing tax-exempt status as many would simply go under.