I am Beginning to Believe We Are In the End Times

DanielH

Ostrich
Orthodox
This might be the thread to ask this question: Has any Christian sect come out against the vaccine? You’d think that sacrificed baby cells and chimeric mouse-human hybrid cells would be more than enough for churches to condemn this invasive technology into what are supposed to be temples of the Holy Spirit. Maybe we are on the eve of the foretold Great Apostasy.
Something I noticed is that Orthodox Churches condemned this all decades ago. The MP condemned the use of testing with fetal cells in their Bases of the Social Concept, and the OCA condemned it in their 2001 Holy Synod, but now it seems only a few bishops definitively will come out against the vaccine, even though they are made via processes that they have already condemned.

So even if my hierarchy one day encourages me to get the jab, that doesn't matter because they condemned it synodally a long time ago when they didn't have a gun to their heads from the globohomo big pharma beast. What someone says once they have a gun to their head needs to be taken with a grain of salt, but if someone has a gun to their head, and they say "don't listen to the guy with a gun to my head," you really need to listen to that.

We are definitely on the precipice of the Tribulation. The rapture of the Church could happen any day now. The prevalence of sin, let alone the pride people take in their sin, is enough to make that clear. Then when you take into account how small the word has become, how easily the globalists could make it near impossible to survive without accepting the Mark, anyone with Biblical beliefs should see how close we are. I thank Christ every day for saving me but I also know that when I get to Heaven, I will deeply regret not doing more in His service. Some think Heaven will be the same experience for everyone but in fact it is a kingdom where how much we do for God today will determine our standing. I have lived so selfishly and am very ready to shed this sinful flesh but for now, just gotta hang on and try to keep taking the narrow gate.

Dijkstra

Pigeon
This might be the thread to ask this question: Has any Christian sect come out against the vaccine? You’d think that sacrificed baby cells and chimeric mouse-human hybrid cells would be more than enough for churches to condemn this invasive technology into what are supposed to be temples of the Holy Spirit. Maybe we are on the eve of the foretold Great Apostasy.
I do find it very disappointing that so very few, if any, parishes across all Christendom haven't seemed to do so much as even provide resources for acquiring exemption based on religious grounds. Such resources should be provided, especially since I understand that both the Orthodox and certain denominations of Protestants are nominally hardline anti-abortion and stem cell research.

I am now. In all of the church services I've attended, that was never spoken of.
I hadn't heard it in church either. Rewards/treasures don't tend to get brought up often for whatever reason. I don't think the Bible outright says that the crowns will represent a person's position in Heaven but given that it is a kingdom, where presumably people will have different duties and such, it makes sense to me. I admit that it possibly could be taking a leap. It is also possible that the rewards are only for a certain stretch of time, like the 1,000 year reign. Or a much longer stretch, and after that based on our performance we earn rewards for another period, and so on (total speculation there of course) To me, rewards in Heaven are further validation of salvation by grace alone, as it suggests that while getting to Heaven is a free gift, we still have considerable and tangible things to work for.

Last edited:

Maddox

Woodpecker
I hadn't heard it in church either. Rewards/treasures don't tend to get brought up often for whatever reason. I don't think the Bible outright says that the crowns will represent a person's position in Heaven but given that it is a kingdom, where presumably people will have different duties and such, it makes sense to me. I admit that it possibly could be taking a leap. It is also possible that the rewards are only for a certain stretch of time, like the 1,000 year reign. Or a much longer stretch, and after that based on our performance we earn rewards for another period, and so on (total speculation there of course) To me, rewards in Heaven are further validation of salvation by grace alone, as it suggests that while getting to Heaven is a free gift, we still have considerable and tangible things to work for.

That would tend to make the most sense. After all, if all sins are forgiven except blasphemy, then you're going to have Christians up in heaven that were in different stages of accepting Jesus into their life when they died. Some were ideal Christians who lived their life as well as the Lord could ever expect of them. On the other end of the spectrum, there will be those who believed in the Lord but were liars, cheats, and adulterers. It wouldn't make sense to have them at the same level as the others who lived their lives like saints.

They Live

Sparrow
We are definitely on the precipice of the Tribulation. The rapture of the Church could happen any day now. The prevalence of sin, let alone the pride people take in their sin, is enough to make that clear. Then when you take into account how small the word has become, how easily the globalists could make it near impossible to survive without accepting the Mark, anyone with Biblical beliefs should see how close we are. I thank Christ every day for saving me but I also know that when I get to Heaven, I will deeply regret not doing more in His service. Some think Heaven will be the same experience for everyone but in fact it is a kingdom where how much we do for God today will determine our standing. I have lived so selfishly and am very ready to shed this sinful flesh but for now, just gotta hang on and try to keep taking the narrow gate.
If we make it another 10 years, i can only imagine what we will see.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
The rapture of the Church could happen any day now.
Sigh, there isn't a scriptural precedence for a pre-tribulation rapture. I challenge you to locate scripture that supports your belief.

It's a 19th century American invention during the Great Awakening that has no scriptural basis and is something I fear will lead to the apostasy of many faithful evangelical Christians who have a sort of Tim LaHoye Left Behind understanding of the rapture.

There is a basis for a post-tribulation rapture in Matthew.
Are you not familiar with the Five Crowns?
No, please provide the scriptural location in the bible on the mention of the five crowns.

Is this a sort of oral tradition that I am unfamiliar with? More info please.

Last edited:

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Uh no. You literally spent more typing that than if you had just googled it.
Five crowns - Wikipedia
The Five Crowns, also known as the Five Heavenly Crowns, is a concept in Christian theology that pertains to various biblical references to the righteous's eventual reception of a crown after the Last Judgment.[2] Proponents of this concept interpret these passages as specifying five separate crowns, these being the Crown of Life; the Incorruptible Crown; the Crown of Righteousness; the Crown of Glory; and the Crown of Exultation.[2] In the Greek language, stephanos (στέφανος) is the word for crown and is translated as such in the Bible, especially in versions descending from the King James Version.[3] These five rewards can be earned by believers, according to the New Testament, as "rewards for faithfulness in this life".[4]

Cool so another well intentioned baptist mistake taking bible verses out of their context to further the satanic lie that is pre-tribulationism.

I have a soft spot for the baptists for reintroducing me to Christ but it's this non scriptural junk
that made me switch out. It's such a great satanic trick, tell believers in Christ that they'll be saved before the bad stuff happens. I wonder how pretribulationists are going to react when believers aren't raptured.
"Guess we were wrong. Might as well take the mark."

Almost like a biblical Qanon,"trust the plan".

context9.18.17-final-8b38574.jpg

Last edited:

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Good chatting, bro.
Glad to see that your belief folded so quickly in the wind because clearly had it had any scriptural merit you would have come up with some semblance of a rebuttal.

"Know them by the fruit they bare."
Or in this case, don't. Try building houses on stone next time.

Glad to see that your belief folded so quickly in the wind because clearly had it had any scriptural merit you would have come up with some semblance of a rebuttal.

"Know them by the fruit they bare."
Or in this case, don't. Try building houses on stone next time.

You randomly bring up Baptists. Nobody mentioned them, not even in the link you provided. That's just genuinely odd.

You apparently feel comfortable dismissing all the references to crowns -in Thessalonians, Peter, James, Timothy, Corinthians, Revelation. That's a whole lot of Bible for a Christian to find irrelevant.

And you think I'm wrong about the Rapture. Maybe I am. I've been wrong before. See, you are just looking for a fight. It was very easy to detect, so I didn't want to engage. It's a waste of time. Enjoy the rest of your day.

You randomly bring up Baptists. Nobody mentioned them, not even in the link you provided. That's just genuinely odd.

You apparently feel comfortable dismissing all the references to crowns -in Thessalonians, Peter, James, Timothy, Corinthians, Revelation. That's a whole lot of Bible for a Christian to find irrelevant.

And you think I'm wrong about the Rapture. Maybe I am. I've been wrong before. See, you are just looking for a fight. It was very easy to detect, so I didn't want to engage. It's a waste of time. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Just thinking about the rapture, I am not sure about it or not, but I can tell you one thing - I definitely would love to be raptured off this sinking ship into eternal glory without facing the tribulation but I feel that I must face the fact that I may have to undergo persecution and endure unto the end.

Just thinking about the rapture, I am not sure about it or not, but I can tell you one thing - I definitely would love to be raptured off this sinking ship into eternal glory without facing the tribulation but I feel that I must face the fact that I may have to undergo persecution and endure unto the end.

Right. I want to be Rapture-ready but also willing to endure unto the end. I don't think they require much different lifestyles - perhaps the latter means more preparing in various ways, homesteading, community building, etc, but generally to live by faith either way.

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member

I apologize for the tactlessness of my post. I view pretribulationism as one of the worst things to ever come out of evangelical theology and something that will be used in the end of days as a way to browbeat otherwise devout Christians into thinking they were wrong when the tribulation starts and none of them them become raptured.

I suggest you look at that wiki page again, baptists and other evangelicals are mentioned as sources for everything written. Look more closely at the names under the sources section, particularly Henry Clarence Thiessen.

Regardless, the crowns don't provide a basis for pretribulationism and the crowns to me seem like silly earthly merit badges when the only reward one needs is salvation through Christ.

damiefino

Pigeon
The word "rapture" is a recent invention. However, the concept itself isn't new, is supported by several passages in the bible in both the old and new testament beginning with Judges 21, and is called by several different terms and phrases, including "the gathering", "the rescue", "the transformation", and "the catching away".

While the primary purpose of the rapture is to hide the bride (the church) from the tribulation that will follow, it serves a secondary purpose that many often miss. It serves as a final wake up call to all who are familiar with biblical prophecy, but choose not to believe. It will be a clear warning to them that they have entered the seven year tribulation period, and stand dangerously close to the precipice of eternal condemnation.

Don't let the word "rapture", a translation invention, stand in your way of knowing the Truth.

Consider this: going from a comfortable moderate to high income lifestyle in which you are easily able to support yourself and your family and save for the future to having to depend on God entirely for BASIC FOOD AND SHELTER NECESSITIES EACH AND EVERY DAY -- not always knowing how they will be met, harsh societal ostracism, verbal derision, physical torture, and ultimately facing a personal decision of martyrdom for officially standing for your beliefs and publicly aligning AGAINST even very close family members... that may be your lot -- if you are wrong about the pre-trib rapture concept.

Seems like it's worth it to "consider the cost" of fully assuring yourself that God will rapture you away to avoid any such testing.