I converted to ROCOR

Roosh

Cardinal
I was going to wait about a month before announcing this on my blog, but the news had begun to spread online. I was fully immersed baptized into ROCOR on Holy Saturday (May 1) at Jordanville monastery with the baptismal name Darius. I will write a longer announcement after my travels are done. Glory to God.

I was going to wait about a month before announcing this on my blog, but the news had begun to spread online. I was fully immersed baptized into ROCOR on Holy Saturday (May 1) at Jordanville monastery with the baptismal name Darius. I will write a longer announcement after my travels are done. Glory to God.
please pray for me. i don't know if they told you or not, but your prayers are smoking hot after you get baptized.

Hermetic Seal

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Interesting you’d be re-baptized. Does the ROCOR not believe “one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism?”

ROCOR baptizes everyone. Basically, they don't think it counts unless it's triune immersion done by an Orthodox Church.

I'm pretty sure that if you were initially received by chrismation into another Orthodox jurisdiction like Antiochian or Greek and then switched to ROCOR, they'd accept that, though. The Armenian church, however, has been out of communion with the rest of Orthodoxy for around 1500 years so unfortunately that wouldn't count. Hopefully someday that will change.

Congrats Roosh!