I Didn’t Believe in Demons Until I Met One Face-to-Face

"It’s easy to deny the existence of demons until you find yourself staring at one.

I was certainly no believer.

Such phenomena were reserved for Hollywood horror films that have no qualms about inviting us into the supernatural. And we willingly enter into that world because we know it’s not real.

But when you find yourself in conversation with a demon, it’s difficult to continue to say, “It’s not real.”

To be honest, I’ve been putting off writing about this topic because I didn’t want anyone to think that I was one of those religious ‘crazies’ who thinks there is a demon under every rock.

Because I am not one of those people.

Yet, there are certain things in life that are difficult to explain. And it only takes one experience to cause one to believe in the possibility of the paranormal and the supernatural.

For me, that experience occurred when I was in my early twenties. This story is true, and it doesn't need any embellishment from me."

Ilhan Omar and AOC are possessed. Ted Bundy was possessed. The secular explanation is, that they are nuts, sociopaths, sadists and so on. In the past it was said, that such people are possessed, which is way less insane than psychology. We do not need to speculate about the childhood of Jack the Ripper, we just need to acknowledge, that he was possessed. Demons are all over the place.

SpyofMoses

Sparrow
Interesting article. I'm torn between my superstitious side and my skeptical side. It's only fair for this guy to ask these questions after what he went through. Part of me wants to say this girl just went through something traumatic that was never addressed, and something about intense group prayer just brought on that reaction. Part of me wants to say Schizophrenia with voices in the head like that really is demonic possession.

I've always thought of demons as "inner demons," selfish impulses we personally struggle with. When a person is "possessed" it is because they've lost the fight against their baser instincts and behave in a way that endangers themselves or others.

For a while I was having recurring nightmares. The details differed, but every dream involved my escape from a demon/demons that would come for everyone, but I was always getting spared. During the last one of these, I even woke up to a specter at the end of my bed. Too scared to move, I blinked enough times and it went away. Later that morning, I prayed to God and renounced any other gods I might have prayed to in the past whether on purpose or unwittingly. The nightmares stopped, but left me with unanswered questions.

Was I just dreaming of situations similar enough to something personal? I recently was the only person, out of several, approved to transfer out of a job on the West Coast to the heartland. Have the nightmares stopped because my nerves have calmed after moving to a place unaffected by the riots I used to live right next to? Or was it really that prayer? I have chanted in Sanskrit at yoga studios many times in the past, after all(I don't do that anymore).

The skeptic in me always beats the superstitious side. A lot of people in my life have told me about their supernatural experiences, but until that shadow after a nightmare I've never had one of my own. It was probably just my eyes tricking me as I looked at furniture in the dark while stricken with fear.

What do you guys think? Are there ghosts, demons, and/or other things in a supernatural realm that is tied with the physical? Or do people just imagine things while stricken with emotional trauma that results in bizarre/dangerous behavior?

i once was not sure about taking the Eucharist in a state of mortal sin. Around 15 years ago at that time frame of life I had a dream I was in line to receive the Eucharist. When it was my turn I then had the view of the priest viewing me and what he saw was a demon. I never take the Eucharist in a state of mortal sin since that time.

MrFreezy

Sparrow
Back then in Germany I was drinking at a bar where this big dude showed up. We started talking and he ended up mocking me about the money I was making back then as an IT guy in training. Me in a half drunken state decided just to walk up there and sucker punch him. So as I m sitting there trying to figure out how to escape quick before they call the police, I m having a blurred vision of paramedics running in and out of the building and their truck with the lights on. Then I was like: Who are they here for? Me or the other guy? And then to myself: Oh I get it this is supposed to happen...
So I gave this guy a big drunken grin and just walked out of there, to the next bar to continue drinking.
Just two months after I met a lady I m happily married to today with soon 3 kids. Had I smashed a bottle over that guys head my story would be way different.
In retrospective...because this struck me as a lesson... I d say this guy was a demon...demonic entity testing the pride of a guy in his mid 20s. Forcing me to change my life for the worse. With a message from the lord to consider the consequences.
So yeah I do believe in demons since that day but not all of them are horror movie characters. Some of them appear only in retrospective and leach of your ego and pride. A guy in his 20s will totally go to jail for a total stranger especially under the influence of alcohol, if he hes got no faith to protect him.

Blade Runner

Ostrich
Orthodox
So as I m sitting there trying to figure out how to escape quick before they call the police, I m having a blurred vision of paramedics running in and out of the building and their truck with the lights on. Then I was like: Who are they here for? Me or the other guy? And then to myself: Oh I get it this is supposed to happen...
So I gave this guy a big drunken grin and just walked out of there, to the next bar to continue drinking.
Just two months after I met a lady I m happily married to today with soon 3 kids. Had I smashed a bottle over that guys head my story would be way different.
I didn't understand your explanation here or what happened, or why. You didn't smash the bottle but still hit him? To which guy did you give the grin?

Don Quixote

Kingfisher
Orthodox Inquirer
"It’s easy to deny the existence of demons until you find yourself staring at one.

I was certainly no believer.

Such phenomena were reserved for Hollywood horror films that have no qualms about inviting us into the supernatural. And we willingly enter into that world because we know it’s not real.

But when you find yourself in conversation with a demon, it’s difficult to continue to say, “It’s not real.”

To be honest, I’ve been putting off writing about this topic because I didn’t want anyone to think that I was one of those religious ‘crazies’ who thinks there is a demon under every rock.

Because I am not one of those people.

Yet, there are certain things in life that are difficult to explain. And it only takes one experience to cause one to believe in the possibility of the paranormal and the supernatural.

For me, that experience occurred when I was in my early twenties. This story is true, and it doesn't need any embellishment from me."

This story doesn't seem real to me. I believe in possession but this feels fake.

get2choppaaa

Ostrich
I know my ex-wife's mother is possessed by one. I have seen her act in ways that only a "thing" who is in direct communion with Satan would towards me and my children. There is obvious spiritual warfare in our world and I know that I have witnessed it firsthand in my own life.

My wife (!0 years as a Paramedic) has catalogued interactions between her and me and her state of "psychosis" to the point that its clearly a state of possession beyond that of just normal human emotion. But the worse things have gotten, the more obvious that it is an otherworldly interaction that cannot be explained by the simple medical descriptions.

I believe week people are at times exploited by the Lord of Flies and his minions to challenge those who believe in Jesus Christ, we can classify these things as "medical episodes" such as psychosis ect... but in truth it is nothing other than the most obvious affliction : Literal possession by demons.

MrFreezy

Sparrow
I didn't understand your explanation here or what happened, or why. You didn't smash the bottle but still hit him? To which guy did you give the grin?

I got a bit of a temper and especially when alcohol is involved a situation can escalate quickly with the police involved and so on. Been there done that. Only one guy at the bar who starts a conversation with me and ends up provoking me. I m not the guy to get angry and talk back to him, I m the guy who will stay quiet and just walk over and hit him in the face without any warning or smash a bottle over his head or something like that. In the heat of the moment.
But because it was such a weird situation (Germans are usually very polite and do not provoke strangers) and there were no girls around. So nobody this guy could impress with his alpha male behavior. I thought this guy is either suicidal or just crazy.
So I just smiled at him and walked out.

The sin of pride is satan's favorite. Pride can turn people with normal lives, and maybe some blessings into very sad and disturbed people, while at the same time these people think they are better than ever due to their narcissism.

A celebrity whose name I wont mention started as a young kid doing modeling, and became quite famous, hung out with celebrities, etc. He went out with the highest paid female models in the industry, and has recently become married to a man of whom dresses as a tranny for fun. Forget having a normal life with children and a family, Satan has completely corrupted this poor man's soul.

Last edited:

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Sounds more like he had a premonition about the consequences of him punching the guy. I too have had such things told to me. Premonitions for me were always from my monologue coming from a place that wasn't typically where my inner monologue would come from.
I like to think of it like an angel whispering into my ear.

On the flipside, I think demons utilize the same pathways that angels use to encourage us to fall further from Christ.

I believe in demonic possession but I think it's less obvious to the casual observer. For example, the more animalistic (lower vibrations?) and removed from Christ, the more likely said person is able to fall prey to a demon's temptations.

Sounds more like he had a premonition about the consequences of him punching the guy. I too have had such things told to me. Premonitions for me were always from my monologue coming from a place that wasn't typically where my inner monologue would come from.
I like to think of it like an angel whispering into my ear.

On the flipside, I think demons utilize the same pathways that angels use to encourage us to fall further from Christ.

I believe in demonic possession but I think it's less obvious to the casual observer. For example, the more animalistic (lower vibrations?) and removed from Christ, the more likely said person is able to fall prey to a demon's temptations.

And aside from direct demonic possession, there is also what some priests and pastors call "demonic influence," where there is no direct possession, but the person is severely manipulated by demons.

Geo Martin

Sparrow
A few days ago I was unfortunate enough to watch the latest of Greta Thunberg's deliveries in front of the usual UN crowd. She, like young girls do you know, was admonishing world 'leaders' in a particularly disdainful way. I paid attention to her eyes and mannerisms and I just knew it was a demon speaking through her. Call me a nutter but I could see the darkness manifesting through her eyes. Most people in the alt media conclude she is a victim, a poor girl who doesn't know what she's talking about, but I think the devil uses sometimes unsuspecting and innocent looking vessels to deliver his message. As we live in a materialistic world all these kinds of behaviours are explained as 'mental health issues' when in reality they are a demon possession, the kind that would only benefit from an exorcism.

Unit 600RR

Chicken
As we live in a materialistic world all these kinds of behaviours are explained as 'mental health issues' when in reality they are a demon possession, the kind that would only benefit from an exorcism.

I would agree that "mental illness" is demonic possession. I have a theory that the drugs they give you for treatment actually mute your soul and give the demon more control.

El Draque

Kingfisher
Orthodox
A few days ago I was unfortunate enough to watch the latest of Greta Thunberg's deliveries in front of the usual UN crowd. She, like young girls do you know, was admonishing world 'leaders' in a particularly disdainful way. I paid attention to her eyes and mannerisms and I just knew it was a demon speaking through her. Call me a nutter but I could see the darkness manifesting through her eyes. Most people in the alt media conclude she is a victim, a poor girl who doesn't know what she's talking about, but I think the devil uses sometimes unsuspecting and innocent looking vessels to deliver his message. As we live in a materialistic world all these kinds of behaviours are explained as 'mental health issues' when in reality they are a demon possession, the kind that would only benefit from an exorcism.

I think she's almost certainly gone through some degree of mind control, likely from her parents and beyond. If you look into who her parents are, you will see they would gladly sell themselves to attain fame & fortune, and equally so their own daughter. She may as well be photographed in a birdcage, its so clear.

Now she is getting older, i am willing to bet she will be attending occultist rituals of some degree. It really wouldnt surprise me if 'channeling' was part of this.

They say that beyond the ranks of the Masonic degrees are the Illuminati, and beyond them are the a tiny group of individuals, it's conceivable some of them may be literal channelled demons.