I don't understand people who say kids "need" preschool.

Luna Novem

Kingfisher
Woman
There is an article out currently talking about how much damage the pandemic has caused the current generation of preschoolers. Supposedly, there's a whole two years of children who are falling behind and won't be "ready for kindergarten".

I genuinely don't understand this. I have four children and none of them ever went to preschool. All three of my girls picked reading up right on schedule at the age of 5-6. My son was actually reading at age 3.5.

What are these parents doing?? It's not difficult to provide a child with a basic preschool education... EVEN if you work, and EVEN if you're poor. Teach them their ABC's on a dry erase board from the dollar store. Teach them their colors with things around the house. Teach them basic science concepts from the world around them. I really don't understand.

Starlight

Kingfisher
Woman
American schools are based on a Western European cultural tradition. When you import different ethnicities that don’t value education, they will fail in that system. Therefore, those same peoples need extra help, extra time, extra support, extra funds, extra affirmative action, to be successful. Jared Taylor had a great video about trying to conform other peoples into European/American culture and why they fail. It’s like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

For a lot of people living in America, if their children weren’t forced to go to school, they wouldn’t learn anything at all.

Last edited:

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
I don’t understand it, either. Little children prefer a kind mama over teachers, and they don’t really need other kids that much. Siblings, children of mom’s friends, or Sunday School classmates is plenty. And as far as academics go, there is no rush. Slower developers catch up to early developers and in the end, there isn’t much difference.

estraudi

Pelican
Gold Member
In this culture, even if people choose to have kids, the kids are just an accessory to what they're "supposed" to be doing as adults and or from pressure from their families to reproduce. It's rare for people to actually want kids so that they can raise a better generation of wholesome people that can then raise the next generation after them as has been done since time immemorial.

What the pandemic is highlighting is that even if people are home more often and around their kids more often somehow this is not translating to more well developed, "attuned" and physically active children. Quite the opposite.
I feel that these so called kids that are "undeveloped" for kinder are watching and witnessing just how lazy, inadequate and short-attention span-having their parents really are and acting just like their parents. Monkey see monkey do.
All "zonking out" activities like scrolling your phone, computer and tv channels that most people partake in after work are being exacerbated as they remain home and are less productive with work, but also less productive with their parenting, sadly, as well.

Do the opposite of what this backwards culture is doing with parenting(among other things) and you and your family should show fruitful results of well rounded kids. Be sure they are playing outside as much as possible as well. Sunlight and physical exertion is much more than simple phrases like "muh vitamin D". Sunlight benefits the skin, eyes, brain, lymphatic system and much more.

Be more involved and the reward is children that are never inadequate. Blessings.

Mac

Pigeon
Woman
Many parents say that kids need preschool but really mean ‘I need a babysitter’. I would like to think that all children should be with their family at that age, but if their parents are not willing or able to care for them properly, some may actually be better off at preschool.

My mum put me in preschool when I was three because she wanted me to start school a year early. I did very well at school but found it traumatic because I lacked social skills and confidence. Would I have been better off at home, unsupervised in front of a tv all day with a depressed mother? Sadly, probably not.

LAMommy

Pigeon
Woman
Both of my grandmothers were teachers, as was my mother before immigrating to the states.

1. Preschool is crucial to language and social development of children between 2.5 yrs to 5 yrs because at this age they learn best from their peers.

2. Preschool also critical for identifying children with potential learning disabilities (dyslexia) and allowing them to get extra help that they need before long term problems occur.

3. Protects young kids from neglect, abuse and, hunger.

Ah_Tibor

Kingfisher
Woman
Orthodox
I taught preschool for a few years. Kids are getting really weird nowadays and they don't have any attention span. Many parents don't implement any kind of structure at home. On the other hand, a lot of moms suffer guilt for leaving their kids there, and I think the "education" aspect soothes them.

My old boss was an anti-vaxxer so I got an earful of her opinions about vaccines causing all kinds of issues. (To be fair, I'm more open to those ideas these days. I think they can probably cause neurological damage in some kids, but something else is going on.) She was a good lady-- her mom was self-absorbed and emotionally absent so she was convinced she could fix everyone, which was not the case. A lot of kids had strange issues, screaming and running into walls and under tables etc.

If we ever enroll our kids in preschool it will be for a few hours, maybe two days a week. It's not completely useless, just overstated.

Jessie

Sparrow
Woman
Both of my grandmothers were teachers, as was my mother before immigrating to the states.

1. Preschool is crucial to language and social development of children between 2.5 yrs to 5 yrs because at this age they learn best from their peers.

2. Preschool also critical for identifying children with potential learning disabilities (dyslexia) and allowing them to get extra help that they need before long term problems occur.

3. Protects young kids from neglect, abuse and, hunger.

1. Preschool is a relatively new concept. If it is crucial for language and social development, how did our ancestors manage to build such a successful nation? I would argue that society is much worse off since the inception of preschool. I don’t think it’s the fault of preschool per se, but all of the values that encourage preschool certainly brought about the decline of America.

2. Any attentive mother is able to spot developmental delays, long before doctors and teachers are involved.

3. Parents are the ultimate authority over their children, not the state. It’s children who need to be protected from the state and its ungodly influences, far more than the rare abusive parent. To me, saying preschool is necessary is like saying all abortion should be legal because sometimes a pregnancy is ectopic.

Last edited:

Peacock
Gold Member
In France, the government has made preschool mandatory at age 3. They've also weakened the national curriculum and installed US-style common core pedagogy in order to dumb down students and make them more compliant, taking out Latin and weakening maths. The president, Macron, is a kabalist freemason who hates French traditional Catholic culture, like Obama he's a bisexual deviant, he's married his high school drama teacher who seduced him when she was married with children in her 30s and he was her HS soph 15yo student.

Macron is a radical mason who is implementing measures to further weaken his country's social and moral fiber, and one of the things his government passed in order to achieve this is to make preschool mandatory at age 3:

Children in France will start school at the age of three instead of six, under new reforms announced by President Emmanuel Macron.
The change will give France one of the lowest compulsory school starting ages in Europe.
But it will only affect a small number of children, as the majority of French families already choose to send their children to nursery school at three.
Only 2.4% of children are not enrolled at that age, government figures show.

Mr Macron said the change was intended to reduce inequality in education, as parents in poorer areas of France and in overseas territories are less likely to send their children to nursery school.
In Paris, 93% of three-year-olds are enrolled but the figure is much lower in some overseas territories, according to Le Monde.
"I hope that with this obligation, from the start of the school year in 2019, we can... correct this unacceptable differential," Mr Macron told a conference on Tuesday.
He hailed the change as "a founding moment in the French education system".

Age of compulsory education around Europe

Three: Hungary
Four: Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland
Five: Cyprus, Malta, England, Scotland, Wales, Greece, Netherlands, Latvia, Poland
Six: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey
Seven: Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Serbia, Sweden
line

There is much debate about when children should begin formal education.
A study published in 2015 found that children who started school later were less likely to be inattentive or hyperactive in class.
Finland and Estonia - two of Europe's most academically successful countries - have a school starting age of seven.
But children in those countries have usually been in a nursery, where they have been learning through play and games. Class sizes are also generally smaller.

muhtea

Robin
Woman
Never mind the psychological damage being done with making them wear masks and "social distance". Imagine how weird that would be, growing up with that as a "normal" way to act. I'd be more concerned about that than any purported educational benefit of preschool. Bizarre. IF there's any need at all for school, there's certainly no need for it before age 6 or 7 excepting perhaps the most dysfunctional of homes.

LAMommy

Pigeon
Woman
1. Preschool is a relatively new concept. If it is crucial for language and social development, how did our ancestors manage to build such a successful nation? I would argue that society is much worse off since the inception of preschool. I don’t think it’s the fault of preschool per se, but all of the values that encourage preschool certainly brought about the decline of America.

2. Any attentive mother is able to spot developmental delays, long before doctors and teachers are involved.

3. Parents are the ultimate authority over their children, not the state. It’s children who need to be protected from the state and its ungodly influences, far more than the rare abusive parent. To me, saying preschool is necessary is like saying all abortion should be legal because sometimes a pregnancy is ectopic.
1. Actually preschool is not that new, we just have a word for it now. Before kids that had parents with means were taught by a private tutors as early as 1 yrs old. “Preschool” was added to the state system because too many poor or working class children would start school behind or not at all. The lack basic literacy added to generational poverty and eventually adding the burden to governments.
2. Not true, since MANY parents don’t know what is or isn’t a marker for a potential problem and they don’t have proper training to mange the problem at home or the means to get help. We to have remember that many of those parents mostly likely suffer from problems as well and don’t realize it.

3. They are many church / religious run daycares, early education facilities and Schools. The is not about who has authority, it about ensuring and curbing easily identifiable issues. No one is saying preschool is necessary nor is required by any state in the USA, but children who attend preschool do better than those that don’t. Parents who had their kids preschool pre-COVID can see the difference. Most parents are not in the position to homeschool or even hire the outside help required. It’s the child that becomes the victim of happenstance.

muhtea

Robin
Woman

Yep. When my kids were in elementary school, no one even noticed one of them is literally legally blind. She "cheated" on the eye test thinking it was a regular kind of test, but she couldn't see the board! When they do spot something, their answer to everything is some sort of crutch, including but not limited to, various electronic crutches, IEPs and meds. Not helpful at all. Their meddling is more often harmful than helpful, and the few cases of genuine neglect are often not noticed at all.

Life isn't perfect and it sure as hell won't be improved with government meddling and surveillance via compulsory schooling.

LAMommy

Pigeon
Woman
LAMommy, I’m sorry, but I have to disagree with you on all points. God is the creator of the universe, and in His wisdom, He placed babies in families. Not schools. He instructs parents, not teachers, and not anyone else, not even the church, to be the teachers of our children.
Darling, this isn’t about God or religion and I am not writing to agree or disagree. The question was why do some parents feel preschool is necessary and some don’t. I am just turning to shed light the why’s and how’s of a government sponsored early education system.

LAMommy

Pigeon
Woman
Yep. When my kids were in elementary school, no one even noticed one of them is literally legally blind. She "cheated" on the eye test thinking it was a regular kind of test, but she couldn't see the board! When they do spot something, their answer to everything is some sort of crutch, including but not limited to, various electronic crutches, IEPs and meds. Not helpful at all. Their meddling is more often harmful than helpful, and the few cases of genuine neglect are often not noticed at all.

Life isn't perfect and it sure as hell won't be improved with government meddling and surveillance via compulsory schooling.
I am actually legally blind in both eyes since childhood (I got my first glasses at 2 yrs olds). My sight is so poor that my drs refuse corrective surgery because the risk total blindness is high.
I am curious how you didn’t notice your child was suffering from low vision until elementary school? Was there an accident? An illness?

muhtea

Robin
Woman
I am actually legally blind in both eyes since childhood (I got my first glasses at 2 yrs olds). My sight is so poor that my drs refuse corrective surgery because the risk total blindness is high.
I am curious how you didn’t notice your child was suffering from low vision until elementary school? Was there an accident? An illness?
Her close vision is OK and she never said anything. She had other issues to where we thought she was just being dopey, and she thought it was normal. She has always managed to compensate rather well too, so easily missed in the day to day. But I feel like your question is on the passive-aggressive end to prove something so I don't think I owe much more of an explanation than that.

Last edited:

LAMommy

Pigeon
Woman
In France, the government has made preschool mandatory at age 3. They've also weakened the national curriculum and installed US-style common core pedagogy in order to dumb down students and make them more compliant, taking out Latin and weakening maths. The president, Macron, is a kabalist freemason who hates French traditional Catholic culture, like Obama he's a bisexual deviant, he's married his high school drama teacher who seduced him when she was married with children in her 30s and he was her HS soph 15yo student.

Macron is a radical mason who is implementing measures to further weaken his country's social and moral fiber, and one of the things his government passed in order to achieve this is to make preschool mandatory at age 3:

Children in France will start school at the age of three instead of six, under new reforms announced by President Emmanuel Macron.
The change will give France one of the lowest compulsory school starting ages in Europe.
But it will only affect a small number of children, as the majority of French families already choose to send their children to nursery school at three.
Only 2.4% of children are not enrolled at that age, government figures show.

Mr Macron said the change was intended to reduce inequality in education, as parents in poorer areas of France and in overseas territories are less likely to send their children to nursery school.
In Paris, 93% of three-year-olds are enrolled but the figure is much lower in some overseas territories, according to Le Monde.
"I hope that with this obligation, from the start of the school year in 2019, we can... correct this unacceptable differential," Mr Macron told a conference on Tuesday.
He hailed the change as "a founding moment in the French education system".

Age of compulsory education around Europe

Three: Hungary
Four: Northern Ireland, Luxembourg, Switzerland
Five: Cyprus, Malta, England, Scotland, Wales, Greece, Netherlands, Latvia, Poland
Six: Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Republic of Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey
Seven: Bulgaria, Estonia, Finland, Lithuania, Serbia, Sweden
line

There is much debate about when children should begin formal education.
A study published in 2015 found that children who started school later were less likely to be inattentive or hyperactive in class.
Finland and Estonia - two of Europe's most academically successful countries - have a school starting age of seven.
But children in those countries have usually been in a nursery, where they have been learning through play and games. Class sizes are also generally smaller.
Preschool and Nursery school are the same thing. And I agree, the common core system is joke. A true dumbing down of society.