I have a spider in my toilet

NoFunInAus

Kingfisher
I was asleep, "AAAH" my wife yelled, coming to the bed side telling me there was a spider in the toilet.

"thanks for waking me up!" I said.

But there's a spider!

So I went to the grand area of the spider which was the toilet, and there it sat... a Hunstman! a fully grown female with fangs right up her sleeves. She didn't ask any questions, she just sat there defending her sack. The feminism we've been taught is almost spider-like as the male dies mating.

"You gonna stare at it or take it outside!" Sure love we'll take care of it (as in you use a broom to get these cunts back up in attic cause they eat mozzies and fruities and are generally gentile creatures.) But it was a funny moment.

That'd be it. Have a nice day.

Robert High Hawk

Kingfisher
I hear so many of these crazy stories about Australia and I have with each one I slightly lose a bit of desire to visit. Not saying it's a bad place, just that I am really not sure what to think about that, but it's not good.

kel

Ostrich
I never saw a hunstman while I was in Australia, but I did see what I'm pretty sure was a funnel-web spider. It was big enough that I saw it on the sidewalk as I was biking in the street.

Peacock
Gold Member
Holy crap...

Huntsman-eating-pygmy-possum-2-Minibeast-Wildlife-1.jpg

Grow Bag

Kingfisher
I was asleep, "AAAH" my wife yelled, coming to the bed side telling me there was a spider in the toilet.

"thanks for waking me up!" I said.

But there's a spider!

So I went to the grand area of the spider which was the toilet, and there it sat... a Hunstman! a fully grown female with fangs right up her sleeves. She didn't ask any questions, she just sat there defending her sack. The feminism we've been taught is almost spider-like as the male dies mating.

"You gonna stare at it or take it outside!" Sure love we'll take care of it (as in you use a broom to get these cunts back up in attic cause they eat mozzies and fruities and are generally gentile creatures.) But it was a funny moment.

That'd be it. Have a nice day.
When I was in Sydney I remember first seeing one. I went to open the car door when this bloody great tarantula the size of plate ran out from under the handle. The lady I was with said, "ah, that's nothing, just a Huntsman".

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
Japanese people often let those Huntsmen spiders roam around their house also. My mother-in-law has at least one fully-grown Huntsmen patrolling her house at all times. The thing is so big it looks like a stuffed toy animal. They really do a good job at keeping the insect population suppressed in your house. Apparently, they're especially fond of cockroaches. If a Huntsman is chowing-down on a cockroach and sees another roach scuttle-by, the spider will stop feeding, chase and kill the other roach, then eat both of them in turn. It's ironic that a creature so helpful for human habitation is built to look so frightening to human eyes.

Tex Cruise

Pelican
Japanese people often let those Huntsmen spiders roam around their house also. My mother-in-law has at least one fully-grown Huntsmen patrolling her house at all times. The thing is so big it looks like a stuffed toy animal. They really do a good job at keeping the insect population suppressed in your house. Apparently, they're especially fond of cockroaches. If a Huntsman is chowing-down on a cockroach and sees another roach scuttle-by, the spider will stop feeding, chase and kill the other roach, then eat both of them in turn. It's ironic that a creature so helpful for human habitation is built to look so frightening to human eyes.
Yeah I let them go, they're like pets. Yesterday there were two right here, about as big as my palm. One next to my computer monitor and one on it. When they get on my monitor I like to mess with them moving the mouse pointer around.
I'm looking at one right now it's on my sacred heart icon on the wall just above my screen. I don't know where the other one is. Probably somewhere behind me where it was yesterday next to my shoulder. I might sound like I'm having you on, but I'm serious.

I suddenly lost my appetite.

ScannerLIV

Woodpecker
How often do you have those spiders crawling on your body or face? And wouldn't a jolt in response to crawling legs cause them to bite? Like I imagine most people would slap their faces or bodies if they woke up feeling something on them

When I was in Sydney I remember first seeing one. I went to open the car door when this bloody great tarantula the size of plate ran out from under the handle. The lady I was with said, "ah, that's nothing, just a Huntsman".
It’s those Sydney Funnel Webs you have to look out for. I’ve never lived there but I suppose that’s the baddie to cause you harm.

Last edited: