"I Have Coronavirus Symptoms" thread

Roosh

Cardinal
People I know are starting to come down with cold and flu symptoms. I anticipate a number of forum members to come down with symptoms in the next two months. Feel free to share your illness experience in this thread and how it was treated.
 

BetaNoMore

Woodpecker
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

Roosh said:
People I know are starting to come down with cold and flu symptoms. I anticipate a number of forum members to come down with symptoms in the next two months. Feel free to share your illness experience in this thread and how it was treated.
Roosh, do you have a fever?
 

Roosh

Cardinal
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

BetaNoMore said:
Roosh said:
People I know are starting to come down with cold and flu symptoms. I anticipate a number of forum members to come down with symptoms in the next two months. Feel free to share your illness experience in this thread and how it was treated.
Roosh, do you have a fever?
No, thankfully. I have something that presents like a mild but persistent cold for the past 6 days.
 

fiasco360

Kingfisher
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

Scratchy throat and dry cough?

Aren't you also in a new environment? Might be allergies if you're not use to your new location.

Obviously playing it safe is your best bet.

Edit: Also could be issues with acid reflux if you ever had that. Stress+age and location changes can cause it with foods you normally eat. I've changed my diet quite a bit over the years as I've moved to different environments.
 

Thomas More

Hummingbird
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

I got sick with a severe cold for two weeks starting the last week of January, just as awareness of corona virus started to spread. I felt like I recovered after the two weeks, but then I have had a persistent cough (as I usually do after every cold), and i have periodically felt low level cold and flu symptoms, as I often do for half the winter.

I have not had shortness of breath, which seems to be the most distinctive characteristic of Covid 19. However, I think that only means I haven't got a severe case. We had one of the first US cases in Denver back at the end of January, then they were released and ruled corona free. We've had new diagnoses of people that traveled from Italy in the past few days in Denver.

At this point, I have to consider the possibility I've already had it, but it was mild. I think most people in the US will be in this situation. Typical cold and flu symptoms, and maybe it was Covid 19, but there's no way to know. It's not prudent to test people with mild symptoms when test kits are in shortage, and it's not smart to go to the Doctor's office and potentially get exposed if you think you have it but you don't. It only makes sense to get tested if you are severely ill, and either strongly fit the profile of Covid 19, or were exposed specifically to someone from a known hot spot.

I suspect we will have a large number of our RVF brothers with similar stories as mine, and likely a very small number who get it with proven test results and serious illness.

May God watch over us and protect us and our loved ones.
 

bobmjilica

Sparrow
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

Yeah I’m sick. Don’t think it’s coronavirus as I’m not super sick, no fever, but best to play it safe. I know a lot of people who were sick last week I could have gotten it from. Either way my immune system is compromised so I want to limit my contact with people as much as possible
 

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

I was exposed for 2 hours in a room in WI with a guy who was coughing, blowing his nose, and taking sips from a bottle of water on Sat march 7. I work from home, have a home schooled kid and stay at home wife so its easy for me to track my exposures. I started on Simeon style powdered vitamin C and elderberry syrup when I got home. Day 2 I actually felt a little run down and like my throat was dry. Day 3 today I feel a little off but better than day 2, still intermittent dry throat.
 

Roosh

Cardinal
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

bobmjilica said:
Don’t think it’s coronavirus as I’m not super sick, no fever
The majority of cases are mild, so coronavirus can't be ruled out.
 

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

I went to the VA today for non-coronavirus related issues. I am eligible for viagra, prozac, and a multimillion dollar settlement over earplugs.

This other guy there had the coronavirus. I just know it. He was coughing and sneezing and his head looked swollen.

I feel fine but gonna ramp up the vitamins again and not drink beer today.

Aloha
 

king bast

Woodpecker
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

I've been sick with a "cold" for a week and a half too. I put it down to being run down as I had been working night shifts for the past 5 weeks. The interesting thing is that a lot of people at work got sick, but I had barely any contact with anybody but my family throughout the time I worked nights, suggesting I got it from the building itself rather than directly from the people. I can't recall a cold being that easily transmissible before. Based on how the illness was tracking, I thought I'd be fine by saturday, but it is lingering a bit.

My dad rang me yesterday and said he had a bit of a sniffle. After saying that it was OK because corona only kills old people, apparently not realising he is an old person, he then said he was going to the gym. I was incredulous -

"why would you go the gym when you have a respiratory illness?"
"Because I'm bored"
"Well find something else to do!!!"

And then he said goodbye, and presumably went to the gym to spread it around, because he was bored. We're all fucked if this is the mentality, and it seems to be. In my city that very day, it was reported that a confirmed infected person had attended a concert the night before. It seems boomers want to die.
 
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

I had a sore throat , especially on the left side , for 6-7 days. With vitamin C and a lot of water drinking i didn't feel any. Now it seems to have gone. Maybe it was because of stress/panic.
Yesterday had a headache and running nose , but no fever.
Today I am fine.
 

Papaya

Crow
Gold Member
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

Kona said:
I went to the VA today for non-coronavirus related issues. I am eligible for viagra, prozac, and a multimillion dollar settlement over earplugs.

This other guy there had the coronavirus. I just know it. He was coughing and sneezing and his head looked swollen.

I feel fine but gonna ramp up the vitamins again and not drink beer today.

Aloha
I miss debeguiled. He'd know what to tell you
 

pitbullowner

Kingfisher
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

Scratchy throat, light cough today. Completely stopped vaping for the meantime.Upped my zinc intake, B vitamins and got some Ascorbic acid vitamin c powder. But that's about it.
 

M3B

Ostrich
Gold Member
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

Was in London last weekend. Out til late Friday night - ended up getting about 3 hours of sleep and was with a girl. Saturday night, out drinking with friends and got very drunk. Got home late, had 3 hours of sleep and then travelled by tube from one end of London to another, then by train and bus to another part of the country.

Was exhausted. By Tuesday I started coming down with a fever, dry cough and headache. Definitely had exposure to some virus and my fatigued state was most likely the reason. I had the same thing back in December and was ill for about 12 days, really quite badly.

I've been magadosing vitamin C - admittedly not as much as I should be - and feel that the effects of this virus have been milder. I started coughing up mucus on Friday and my cough got a bit "chestier" which I think rules out covid-19. That said, thanks to the vitamin c, the mucus was not a thick green/brown as it usually is when I get this sick and has been very mild. I sleep relatively well when usually I am up a lot coughing when I lie down.

Vitamin c, for me, is the main reason that I've mostly had mild and annoying symptoms, as opposed to full blown flu like symptoms that keep me bed-bound for days on end. Big thanks to Simeon_strangelight for his info.
 

renotime

Ostrich
Gold Member
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

king bast said:
I've been sick with a "cold" for a week and a half too. I put it down to being run down as I had been working night shifts for the past 5 weeks. The interesting thing is that a lot of people at work got sick, but I had barely any contact with anybody but my family throughout the time I worked nights, suggesting I got it from the building itself rather than directly from the people. I can't recall a cold being that easily transmissible before. Based on how the illness was tracking, I thought I'd be fine by saturday, but it is lingering a bit.

My dad rang me yesterday and said he had a bit of a sniffle. After saying that it was OK because corona only kills old people, apparently not realising he is an old person, he then said he was going to the gym. I was incredulous -

"why would you go the gym when you have a respiratory illness?"
"Because I'm bored"
"Well find something else to do!!!"

And then he said goodbye, and presumably went to the gym to spread it around, because he was bored. We're all fucked if this is the mentality, and it seems to be. In my city that very day, it was reported that a confirmed infected person had attended a concert the night before. It seems boomers want to die.
Why are you putting cold in quotes? Do you think it's CV?
 
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

My throat has been itchy for one week. I also have been having the urge to cough every 20 minutes.(with some plegm) I feel a litte out of it , slight chills at night but i dont feel that sick.. Throat is not sore nor is my nose runny. I dont think i have a fever. Also, a lot of people are coughing in my area. I cant go 10 minutes without hearing someone's cough. So i think it is just a normal bug that is going around in my area.
 

king bast

Woodpecker
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

renotime said:
king bast said:
I've been sick with a "cold" for a week and a half too. I put it down to being run down as I had been working night shifts for the past 5 weeks. The interesting thing is that a lot of people at work got sick, but I had barely any contact with anybody but my family throughout the time I worked nights, suggesting I got it from the building itself rather than directly from the people. I can't recall a cold being that easily transmissible before. Based on how the illness was tracking, I thought I'd be fine by saturday, but it is lingering a bit.

My dad rang me yesterday and said he had a bit of a sniffle. After saying that it was OK because corona only kills old people, apparently not realising he is an old person, he then said he was going to the gym. I was incredulous -

"why would you go the gym when you have a respiratory illness?"
"Because I'm bored"
"Well find something else to do!!!"

And then he said goodbye, and presumably went to the gym to spread it around, because he was bored. We're all fucked if this is the mentality, and it seems to be. In my city that very day, it was reported that a confirmed infected person had attended a concert the night before. It seems boomers want to die.
Why are you putting cold in quotes? Do you think it's CV?
I cant say that it is, or that it isnt. What I can say is that its a remarkably transmissible respiratory disease, so it is a possibility.
 
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

One of my friends at Church is convinced that we all had it about a month ago. After the parish 25th anniversary event, at which at least a hundred extra people were packed in the pews, three of us had flu/fever and I had the worst cold of my life. Couldn’t even sleep for a full night because I couldn’t breathe through my nose at all. This was way before the CDC mentioned it being here so if we did have it, it’s been spreading a lot longer than they’re telling us.
 

fiasco360

Kingfisher
RE: "I Have Coronavirus/Cold/Flu Symptoms" thread

MichaelWitcoff said:
One of my friends at Church is convinced that we all had it about a month ago. After the parish 25th anniversary event, at which at least a hundred extra people were packed in the pews, three of us had flu/fever and I had the worst cold of my life. Couldn’t even sleep for a full night because I couldn’t breathe through my nose at all. This was way before the CDC mentioned it being here so if we did have it, it’s been spreading a lot longer than they’re telling us.
If this is the case then and it's been in our systems quite some time - then maybe the death rate is a lot lower than currently reported.
 
Top