"I Have Coronavirus Symptoms" thread

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
I've been in bed all day unable to do anything, initially waking up to drenching chills (slight fever), absolutely floored at the moment.

I don't have a cough or any breathing issues right now but

• Loss of smell and a heavily congested sinus (reminds me of a sinus infection I've had in the past)
  • Body aches (bones, joints, muscles), worse than any post workout pump
  • Headache galore
  • My lips/mouth area are burning hot
  • Diarrhea (digestive issues)
  • Weird odor, very "sweet" like
Watching my oxygen saturation which is hovering at 90-92
I've only had slight fatigue and loss of appetite the past 48hrs, only being able to eat soup/broth.

Currently have been taking Vitamin D, C, Zinc, Magnesium and Lysine.

Am healthy (I think the last time I had the flu was when I was a child). Going to use telehealth app tomorrow morning, and have upped the Vitamin C x3 and taking tylenol for the fever and headache.
Humidifier with lavender running.

Can't really think straight but any other RVF recommendations?

tomtud

Pelican
This is not the first time I’ve seen this recommendation. Breathing exercises could also help.

Emancipator said:
I've been in bed all day unable to do anything, initially waking up to drenching chills (slight fever), absolutely floored at the moment.

• Loss of smell and a heavily congested sinus (reminds me of a sinus infection I've had in the past)
  • Headache galore
I've only had slight fatigue and loss of appetite the past 48hrs, only being able to eat soup/broth.

Am healthy (I think the last time I had the flu was when I was a child). Going to use telehealth app tomorrow morning, and have upped the Vitamin C x3 and taking tylenol for the fever and headache.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Emancipator said:
Do not allow it to get into your lungs. Boil a pan of water, add a few drops of either tea tree oil or eucalyptus oil (or both), then place a towel over your head and the pan -- and inhale the vapors. If you have the energy, try to do it at least three times per day.

Using an eyedropper, lie on your side and then place a few drops of hydrogen peroxide into your ear for a few minutes, then drain. Then do the other ear. Usually, this works best when symptoms first appear.

Both of these treatments are discussed in the prevention and recovery thread. Vitamin D, Vitamin C, and Zinc are the big three. You are good to go there. If you have enough Vitamin C, you could take one to two grams on an hourly basis. Good luck.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Emancipator said:

• Headache galore

Sorry to hear about this. The beginning of your symptoms does sound like the flu/coronavirus, but heavy congestion right from the beginning is usually the opposite of both coronavirus and flu. That one could be some sort of bacterial infection (similar to strep throat, but sinus-based). I would consider getting a bacterial culture swab so you can know which antibiotic to take as early as possible.

Don't forget that it's perfectly feasible to get both a cold/flu AND a bacterial infection simultaneously - they don't necessarily exclude each other.

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Handsome Creepy Eel said:
Emancipator said:

• Headache galore

Sorry to hear about this. The beginning of your symptoms does sound like the flu/coronavirus, but heavy congestion right from the beginning is usually the opposite of both coronavirus and flu. That one could be some sort of bacterial infection (similar to strep throat, but sinus-based). I would consider getting a bacterial culture swab so you can know which antibiotic to take as early as possible.

Don't forget that it's perfectly feasible to get both a cold/flu AND a bacterial infection simultaneously - they don't necessarily exclude each other.
I just tried to post a long post about how the coronavirus is 80% viral and 20% bacterial, which is why the treatment protocol includes an antibiotic drug, but a CAPTCHA problem ate my post. So, you can just watch the video by Dr. Klinghardt, who believes that someone spliced a virus and a bacteria together.

http://www.sophiaeducate.com/virus-...0d31414fdbf124dfbc39d7283b2cb89d5189540b69330

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member
The vitamin C thing is interesting.

I had a load of them left (the ones with bioflavinoids in) and I super-dosed on them just as this was all kicking off. They are the hard tablets at 500mg (or was it 1g) and I don't know how much pure vit C was in them, but I had a marked recovery of my auto-immune condition.

12 grams a day over a 6-8 hour period. No wet works, no bad reflux. And I've had very very bad reflux in the past. Good as Gold.

Within a few days, and just as my stash ran out, my symptoms cleared, but that could mean anything as auto-immune tends to come and go.

I waited a while for my pure Ascorbic Acid to arrive (1Kg). I got it two days ago and am back on my regimen of 12 grams a day. It's a bugger doling this stuff out though but I realised the little spoon they give in the pack is actually about 1g worth. So two shots of that in as little a glass of warm water as I can dissolve it in and then I 'shot' it like I'm back in Vienna and doing Rat Schnapps (those Austrians will make Schnapps out of anything!) fresh from the freezer.

Gums felt good. Probably because the bacteria didn't want to hang around. Not as good as H202 (Hydrogen Peroxide) but who can get hold of that stuff these days? Wouldn't like to do it long term though for the old teeth enamel, but I don't plan on doing it forever.

Been taking my Riboflavin and Thiamin (B2 and B1 respectively) and some say that helps with the biosynthesis of vit C.

I also take vit B5 and B6 every day.

I miss out the B3 (Niacin because it tastes foul and smells like a bad nicotine patch). It's one you need to be wary of especially if you have a dodgy liver.

I also take B9 (folate) and B12 which might be the most important B vitamin of all (I did a data sheet on it here somewhere at RVF).

Just don't take B9 with Zinc! You can pretty much take all the other ones with it though.

I take 30mg of Zinc Gluconate a day on an empty stomach. I tolerate it well. But again, don't do it for more than a few weeks/months if you are healthy. I take it when I drink and a little while after.

I also take vitamin D3 at a rate of 3000iu a day. I can't take more than that as it is contra-indicated with my auto-immune condition.

Talking of which, I take Biotin (B7) and it really gets the old noggin joggin. That and Kelp tablets at the maximum dose. But I only take those every few days. Oh and don't use Soy sauce! Use sea salt. Soy is bad for auto immune even though it's fermented and so is not like the 'bad soy'.

Biotin also helps with nail and hair growth.

Playing guitar it's a bugger when your nails snap, but mine don't snap anymore after using B7. Also my hair grows faster and I swear I'm not so bald as I used to be (just a few thin patches where my dreads used to be). I was wondering why my hair only grew about an inch in six months, but it was my auto-immune, so it's no surprise that something that makes you feel better also makes your hair grow faster and your nails stronger.

Believe what you want. The good thing is with B vitamins is that they are cheap and pretty much harmless. Even B12 which can have some side effects along with B6 is pretty much harmless if you take it easy and build up. It's essential for vegetarians and even though I'm pescatarian it also benefits me greatly. You can also super-dose on that (see my data sheeet).

Anyway, back to vitamin C.

I'm going to up my dosage to 16 grams a day probably spread out over 8 hours and see where that leads. As long as I am feeling benefits then it's all good. This is just for my auto immune shit by the way, but then again that is like having a flu and being bed-ridden with all the muscle aches and brain fog but just no fever. I also have a lot of fluid on my lungs but it's clear and a good cough gets it up. The vitamin C helps with that too.

I'm very sensitive to a lot of things. I don't smoke or do drugs. I drink now and again (less and less). I have a very good diet including fish but no red meat at all. I exercise while I can but it's difficult.

The vitamin C thing is a very easy thing to do and it's really not that hard on the body. I guess you just need to take it easy and not go hog wild to start with. Taper up.

Oh and I nearly forgot, I need to give thanks to whoever suggested NAC. I managed to bag some before the storm really hit.

It protects the liver and lungs and is even supposed to protect against some kinds of colon cancer stuff with people who have had polyps (me). So it's all good. I'm at high risk of dying from that (it's how my bro died) so it doesn't hurt. And if it helps my liver, well, let's just say, my liver probably needs all the help it can get. :banana:

A life of hard drinking, hard smoking and hard stupidity. But everyone gets to pay the piper sooner or later.

I get a real lift after taking NAC and I take max dosage after food, just once a day, then maybe later in the day if I need a boost. It also gives me clarity of mind. I find it probably the most psycho-active thing out of everything I take. But it also helps me to physically function. Too early to tell yet, but it's looking good. And it's not too expensive either.

With auto immune shit your body does not know what the fuck is going on. What it reacts to one moment it will not react to the next. Something that might make you feel better 'today' will make you feel 'worse' tomorrow. So I say all this only with regard to myself and knowing (or not) my own body chemistry.

There are two major lines of thought when it comes to body/brain/mind chemistry and interactions with drugs and nutrients:

Pharmacokinetics is the study of how an organism affects a drug, whereas pharmacodynamics (PD) is the study of how the drug affects the organism. Both together influence dosing, benefit, and adverse effects, as seen in PK/PD models.

I'm hoping to get some treatment for what ails me and my prognosis good. A bit of radiotherapy should give me my life back after all these wasted years. But obviously, now is not a good time to go in to hospital!

I really wouldn't want to get this bad bug going around. I've had Beijing flu and it nearly killed me as a healthy strapping young lad. It would finish me now.

My food larder is stocked to the hilt. My freezer is bursting to the max.

And oh yah Bosch, those pickled eggs I made turned out not to be too fucking horrible after all! Pretty delish in fact. Along with the pickled cucumber.

Half a litre of distilled vinegar. Cup of water. Boil. Bit of brown sugar. Bit of Sea salt in there too.

Chop up a couple cloves of Garlic and chop a bit of Dill to put in your freshly sterilized mason jar. Make sure your eggs are just cooked before you put them in.

Stick it all in to a 1litre mason jar along with some peppercorns. Let it cool for an hour or two. Put it in the fridge. Don't eat for 4 or 5 days. Will keep for 4 or 5 weeks.

The cucumber was out of this world good. I also used up some carrots that I blanched for another jar I made. I now have two red cabbages to make my first ever sauerkraut.

Food is medicine.

I even drunk the liquid mix out of the jar when I had my eggs/cucumber. Lovely. Ethanoic Acid.

Don't be afraid of the vitamin C.

12 grams a day for a week or two then ease off, is working for me.

I don't mess about with other A and E and whatever else vitamins. I get all that from an excellent diet. I take the B vitamins to top up when I drink and also because of the lack of red meat in my diet. I really don't need anything else.

But the best healing is a good night's sleep. A lack of stress. And a kind heart.

That isn't an empty platitude. I recently had a bad flare up after my arsehole neighbours waking me up in the middle of the night and in the middle of the morning.

I've learned to let things ride. To temper my wrath.

Just don't drink too much or smoke too much.

Eat well, and supplement where you need to.

And for matters of the mind and body and soul, learn to take it easy and just accept there is a bigger plan for all of us...

With good grace you will be ready to traverse the road ahead.

Believer or no believer.

Faith or no faith.

This is just a practical way forward.

That's what I think anyway.

Emancipator said:

• Headache galore

Read what I wrote about vitamin C megadosing. Some hospitals and MDs in China, South Korea and New York are treating folk with vitamin C - not only IVC, but orally.

Megadose as described until you feel better. I would start at 30 grams a day - first 30 minutes even 15 grams, you must experience marked improvement - if you get loose stools, then you took too much. Even higher doses might be necessary, though doses of 5 to 10 grams might be enough to avoid any truly negative consequences.

fiasco360

Kingfisher
Emancipator said:

• Headache galore

Are you getting any sunlight at all? Any medications you currently take? How is your sleeping? Any other potential info we can use about you to help?

1) Loss of smell is something I experienced back in 2017. Apparently it was a really bad year for the variations of coronavirus - I think it was related to h1n1. I was at a resort party for 3 days and didn't sleep much, drank excessively and came back with a fever of 101 that climbed to 103.5 over 2 days. I didn't take much in terms of painkillers (maybe baby aspirin). I felt incredibly weak and slept 16+ hours a day. During this time I had minor congestion and attributed loss of taste/smell to that. The loss of smell and taste continued for about 2 weeks with the loss of smell slowly coming back after that period, it took another 2-3 weeks for taste to come back. Inflammation related I am sure. I would guess if my immune system wasn't so shot I would have been okay. A few of my friends also got sick but not to my extent so keeping your immune system in top shape is the best defense.

2) Rest but also make sure you do move around a little bit. You don't want to be stuck in a laying/prone position all the time.

3) Mix evidence on this but I suggest NOT taking ibuprofen and maybe consider "sweating it out" a little bit. I think you mentioned some tylenol here.

4) Cracked lips as well?

5) I didn't have terrible diarrhea. Keep in mind Vitamin C and Magnesium can cause diarrhea as well.

6) Have you been eating? Keto? What's changed here? You might be entering ketosis if you're basically fasting. I've had this smell change happen during a virus but also happened when I was perfectly healthy and fasting.

7) Your vitamin regiment is good - what are the doses? SS thread on megadosing is good.

The suggestions ITT are good thus far-
Breathing exercises (Anonymous Bosch did these and it helped him)
Vapor/Steam inhalation (keep the humidifier running as well)

I'm not too sure but does anyone have thoughts on a Neti Pot with saline solution? This might clear out the passages where they typically swab for the virus.

Don't panic. Make sure you aren't excessively searching online right now and working yourself into a frenzy. In the past I panicked a few times while being sick due to the aforementioned. My heart rate would sky rocket and I would think I'm on death's doorstep. Also make sure you are getting a good amount of potassium, salt and water.

Stay well man!

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
fiasco360 said:
I'm not too sure but does anyone have thoughts on a Neti Pot with saline solution? This might clear out the passages where they typically swab for the virus.
My coronovirus routine when I leave the house:

1) I dose myself with 2,000 miligrams of Vitamin C before I leave (which I do four times a day anyhow, regardless of whether I leave the house).

2) Just before leaving, I dissolve a zinc lozenge in my mouth to coat my mouth and throat (as a remedy against inhaled viral particles).

3) When I arrive home, I take off my street clothes and I segregate them.

4) I thoroughly wash my hands. Then I put on my "home clothes." I put away whatever I brought home and I wash my hands again.

5) I fill a neti pot with about half a teaspoon of sea salt and body-temperature water and I flush out my nasal passages.

6) I spray Sambucus Throat Spray into the back of my throat, which has about half-a-dozen anti-viral herbs. You could also use a bee propolis spray.

7) While I have not yet done this, hydrogen peroxide in each ear would a great additional step.

This covers all the likely entry points into the body by any virus or bacteria, except for the eyes.

There is so much Vitamin C, Vitamin D, zinc, garlic, oregano oil, and elderberry coursing through my blood that any virus that enters my body will be quickly screaming for its mommy! If I get any actual symptoms, I am holding echinacea, bee propolis, hydrogen peroxide in the ears, and various ozone treatments in reserve, plus far higher doses of my daily routine.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Emancipator said:
Check your spo02% again. If 90-92 are accurate readings, go to the Emergency Department. It's possible it's something other than Covid. 95% is doctor time. 92%: get to Hospital.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
AnonymousBosch said:
Emancipator said:
Check your spo02% again. If 90-92 are accurate readings, go to the Emergency Department. It's possible it's something other than Covid. 95% is doctor time. 92%: get to Hospital.
I second this. 95 for me is deep sleep levels, 94 feels terrible. 90-92 must feel awful and I've read that 88 is call an ambulance. 90 is get yourself to urgent care.

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
I didn't know that even such a small drop in spoO2% can be so dangerous. But then how are smokers still alive with their vastly impaired lung function? Or is spoO2% different from overall lung functioning, meaning you can have terrible lung capacity, but good spoO2%?

UlteriorMotive

Kingfisher
Gold Member
My brother's sense of smell and taste have still not returned.

I am now also experiencing the same symptom. For the last 2 days I have had a fever, no taste or smell, fatigue and dizziness when standing up for pro-longed periods.

around 3 grams of Vitamin C gives me loose stools (and a considerable improvement in how I feel) so I am inclined to believe whatever I have contracted from my brother is nothing to be overly concerned about.

One thing I will say, that makes me feel a lot better (which I don't believe has been mentioned here yet) is the Wim Hof breathing method.

I started to incorporate this a few weeks ago but in the last 2 days after doing it I've noticed a considerable improvement in how I feel, mentally and physically.

I've read it has to do with forcing more oxygen into the blood and around the body.

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member
As a little side-note, and what with food being medicine and all...

I attempted to make sauerkraut tonight. Well, like a lot of things in life, it's not quite that easy is it? My respect for sauerkraut makers all over the world just went up a notch or three.

I took the easy way out and did a sort of pickling kind of thing. I threw in some carrots too that needed using. The fresh dill I had, had gone off.

I didn't overdo the vinegar content in this batch. I kept it at almost 50/50. I upped the sea salt and put a coupla cloves of garlic in too. I whacked in as much black pepper as my right hand could muster. I think it's going to be a good one.

Yes, food is medicine. In a world where you won't be able to get hold of fresh vegetables, and in a world where you buy what you can where you can, pickling is a good trick to know. To be healthy you need to eat well. And besides that, it's a sin to waste good food.

It's all very well supplementing with pills, and sometimes you really need to do that (Vit D3 because of darkness, B12 because of being a vegetarian, Zinc when recovering from surgery), but it's true what they say: get your vitamins and minerals from your food where you can. Both to prevent illness as well as curing it.

One thing I realised as well was that it's easy to get fruit in cans, and they are still pretty tasty and nutritious and still hold their vitamin content. But as for vegetables, unless you can buy them in frozen form (peas/spinach/sweetcorn) the tinned versions lose a lot their goodness and taste.

This is one skill I'm glad I started to learn. The recipes online for sauerkraut were insane and I quickly realised I didn't have the hardware or the patience (or the health) to make it work. But I'm still hopeful it will turn out OK. It will be good to have on a bit of rice or maybe in a tuna sarnie or sommat.

I used those big red dense cabbages and I can see now why the commercial people use them as well. I'm really looking forward to tasting them in a few days along with the carrots I put in.

I have a chilli I need to make tomorrow or else my peppers will go off. I've certainly got enough beans! About a 100 tins of all sorts. I even put baked beans in to a chilli and it does no harm.

It's important to eat well. It's as important as taking the right vitamins and minerals and getting enough sleep.

Today was a bad day for me. Serious nausea. Very bad headache. Annoying tingling. Bit of a bad throat. Bit of confusion. Memory loss. Inability to concentrate. Severe depression. Just a terrible feeling of 'not being well' and not being able to pinpoint any one particular thing. I did manage to make it to the shop though for some essential ingredients (beer amongst other stuff). Been a couple of weeks since I last drank any alcohol.

I measured out the Vitamin C powder again tonight. It does indeed look like the little spoon they included weighs out 1 gram at a time. I only took a few grams today. I skipped all other vitamins except for Zinc and NAC and B1 (thiamine). Oh and a B12 too.

But there is only so much vitamins and minerals can do if you are feeling lousy.

A lot of these things do give you a boost if you are semi-healthy, but when you feel like death, they don't really touch the sides. I've also lost all appetite so no food at all now for like 36 hours. I won't starve. It's good to do a bit of a fast. Eat if you are hungry. Don't eat if you are not.

I really wouldn't like to catch this little bug at the moment. I just registered with a new Doctor and I'm hoping things will calm the fuck down in a bit so I can get to the hospital to have my radiotherapy. I'm not in bad shape for my age, and playing sports and not going too overboard on the drugs has only helped me.

I got a new mixer this week and I still haven't unpacked it. I got it for like a couple of hundred bucks less than what they usually go for. I took advantage of the chaos.

I'm looking forward to unboxing it and plugging it in. I also got a new sampler that I've been after for years and I got one in almost perfect condition and at half the price they usually go for. Got lucky I guess.

It sucks being ill. And getting older don't help either.

If I have any sage words of advice they would just be this:

An inch of prevention is worth a mile of cure.

No one, and I mean NO ONE, really appreciates the good health they have until they lose it.

Look after yourself, because if you do get ill, you will lose friends, you will lose money, you will miss out on opportunities right in front of your nose. And you will have to build a whole new character to deal with that new reality.

Hopefully this post is not too out of place here.

Just remember: an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

The needle and the damage done.

Or as one old alcoholic friend so lucidly told me: once you become a pickle, you can't ever be a cucumber again.

Mmmmm... Pickled cucumbers!!!

:banana:

Look after yourselves.

Be nice to yourselves.

And each other.

If you can.

Love thyself first.

Then thy neighbour.

Then God if you are lucky enough to find him!

Rigsby

Pelican
Gold Member
UlteriorMotive said:
My brother's sense of smell and taste have still not returned.

I am now also experiencing the same symptom. For the last 2 days I have had a fever, no taste or smell, fatigue and dizziness when standing up for pro-longed periods.

around 3 grams of Vitamin C gives me loose stools (and a considerable improvement in how I feel) so I am inclined to believe whatever I have contracted from my brother is nothing to be overly concerned about.

One thing I will say, that makes me feel a lot better (which I don't believe has been mentioned here yet) is the Wim Hof breathing method.

I started to incorporate this a few weeks ago but in the last 2 days after doing it I've noticed a considerable improvement in how I feel, mentally and physically.

I've read it has to do with forcing more oxygen into the blood and around the body.

With regard to the loose stools. I don't think it's that bad of a thing as long as it's just temporary.

In a way, I think it's actually quite healthy. Nothing worse than being blocked up. Because my metabolism slows down due to my 'condition', constipation can be a bitch. It's not bad, and it always passes, but still.

Also, taking things like B12 at high doses gives you serious runs for a bit, till you rebalance. Again, none of this is a problem unless it is severe and chronic (long lasting).

I wouldn't swear off the high doses of Vitamin C just because you had a bit of the runs for a bit. Let your body adjust, rebalance, take a bit less, let things run their course.

You will know when you are overdoing it.

And I might be wrong, but having the runs is part and parcel of different viruses as well. Also the body recalibrates itself as it fights off the disease.

Drink lots of fluid. Gatorade. Lucozade. Or make up your own rehydration formulas. I believe someone posted some a little earlier in this thread.

A bit of sugar and a bit of salt, goes a long way to replenishing electrolytes. Coconut water and milk are pretty good too. Depending. You might not fancy that. Listen to your body.

The best liquid you can get though is the pickling juice left over from whatever you have in your fridge. It contains the goodness from whatever vegetables were left in there. You don't drink pints of the stuff, but a few good mouthfuls gives you all that needed stuff for your cells to start communicating with each other again via the transmitters they use: sodium ions being the prime one (in salt).

https://www.msdmanuals.com/home/hor...balance/overview-of-sodium-s-role-in-the-body

Sodium is one of the body's electrolytes, which are minerals that the body needs in relatively large amounts. Electrolytes carry an electric charge when dissolved in body fluids such as blood. (See also Overview of Electrolytes.)

Most of the body’s sodium is located in blood and in the fluid around cells. Sodium helps the body keep fluids in a normal balance (see About Body Water). Sodium plays a key role in normal nerve and muscle function.

The body obtains sodium through food and drink and loses it primarily in sweat and urine. Healthy kidneys maintain a consistent level of sodium in the body by adjusting the amount excreted in the urine. When sodium consumption and loss are not in balance, the total amount of sodium in the body is affected.

Handsome Creepy Eel said:
I sure hope Emancipator is still alive. It's been 3 days since his last post...
He took some vitamin C, but should have upped the dosage tremendously. He reported having oxygen saturation around 90% which is low unless you have a pre-existing condition.

I would have started taking a massive dose of vitamin C, but it's possible that he has some condition, because 90% is already worrying. He probably had a portable finger pulse oximeter which is odd to have at home unless you have this problem before. There are a few people who exist even below 90% oxygen, but they do require oxygen occasionally and their baseline can go down to 88%.