"I Have Coronavirus Symptoms" thread

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
It's possible he was asthmatic already - 90% isn't unheard of for that cohort - but it's also possible he was taking inaccurate readings. Oximetres have to have their contacts cleaned regularly or you can get dodgy readings. I checked mine for the first time in a week yesterday after exercise, it initially said I was 88% and had a heart rate of 40 bpm. I cleaned the contacts with a light wipe of sanitizer: 99%, 95 bpm, which was what I was expecting post workout.

Also, was he genuinely or ironically Jewish, based upon his profile flag? That population seems to being hit especially hard by this.

I guess he'll either let us know, or can't.

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Hey guys don't worry still alive lol,

First off thanks for the kind words and great advice, really helped clear out the sinus and implemented the breathing exercises kept moving. Laid prone a lot
Feeling a lot better, still can't smell and there persists fatigue/body/headaches and digestion issues. Body pain in particular being stomach, lower back and the worst pain being in my legs(shins).
Fever was just on that one day

We managed to do our own contact tracing, seven days before I started showing symptoms I had dinner and hung out with my sister (car ride), her coworker's father was CV hospitalized for three days (non-ICU). Local health authority and her employer didn't bother to share the information (cheap dude, didn't want to send everyone home for 14 days and pay to disinfect the office), several other coworkers have since shown symptoms

My sister's symptoms were mild more akin to allergies/cold/flu, appeared two days after our dinner, the only thing that stood out was around the eye socket, with the area being extremely red/pink. Meanwhile her boyfriend is now showing the classic cough-flu symptoms for several days now and with the relaxing on testing will get it done, approved by his doctor, once we manage mask and transportation logistics. Health-nut too cycles to work and is keto.

I spoke with a doctor and he said it was presumptive, only told to go to the hospital if I hit 85% or had troubles breathing.
My use of Xanax (not regular, only used it to deal with maintenance and to cope during waking hours) might have contributed to the lower o2 sats, but that was just for a couple days, I'm back to 97 today
I was not sure as to how much Vitamin C to take, since I was already pissing out of my ass, I went up x3, to 10g, spread throughout the day

I bought the oxymeter a few months ago, whenever I tested it out I was showing 98-99%, I know there wasn't an existing issue there as I did a sleep apnea test a few months ago due to snoring but they said everything was fine.
I didn't show any respiratory problems, still don't, no cough, no wheezing, no shortness of breath, no chest pain/tightness. Not asthmatic either.
That's the puzzling part, if not for the oxymeter I wouldn't have known any better. No concerning signs of it being low.

All in all an annoying past few unproductive days, the stomach issues not as bad as norovirus, like I said before sinus infection like, and I'm assuming the fatigue/body aches similar to the flu. Really weird virus, at this point I'm just hoping it's not hiding away in my nervous system (away from white blood cells)

Since you already have a strong reaction and loose stools after just 10 grams then you didn't need much and were one of the few people who take miniscule amounts to get well. Or this virus does not behave like any normal cold- or flu-virus at all - needs ridiculous amounts, because I took 50 grams without loose stool on a flu.

But whatever - happy you are doing fine and personally not too surprised that you do. You would have had to be seriously compromised in order to really get hit by it hard.

And you can easily lower the vitamin C dose to 7 or 5 grams - maybe lower, the "pissing out of your a-hole" is a sign that your body does no longer need more.

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Simeon_Strangelight said:
Since you already have a strong reaction and loose stools after just 10 grams then you didn't need much and were one of the few people who take miniscule amounts to get well. Or this virus does not behave like any normal cold- or flu-virus at all - needs ridiculous amounts, because I took 50 grams without loose stool on a flu.

But whatever - happy you are doing fine and personally not too surprised that you do. You would have had to be seriously compromised in order to really get hit by it hard.

And you can easily lower the vitamin C dose to 7 or 5 grams - maybe lower, the "pissing out of your a-hole" is a sign that your body does no longer need more.
I think the virus took hold in me via digestive tract, not so much vitamin C causing the loose stools, I would have gone higher but it would have been hard to determine how much is "enough"

Thanks again for the datasheet SS.

I agree that this thing is probably only a concern for the obese mostly, hence the hypertension/cardiovascular and diabetes co-morbidity risk. Even healthy old people could fight it off. I remember reading that a healthy weight 70yo has better lung capacity than a 25yo morbidly obese individual.

A lot less lethal, but probably more contagious, note my sister's coworker only had a sore throat before stopped going to work, and the father mentioned lived a rough immigrant blue collar life and was only hospitalized as a precaution due to being "at risk" but able to go back home rather quickly.

Emancipator said:
Simeon_Strangelight said:

I think the virus took hold in me via digestive tract, not so much vitamin C causing the loose stools, I would have gone higher but it would have been hard to determine how much is "enough"

Thanks again for the datasheet SS.

I agree that this thing is probably only a concern for the obese mostly, hence the hypertension/cardiovascular and diabetes co-morbidity risk. Even healthy old people could fight it off. I remember reading that a healthy weight 70yo has better lung capacity than a 25yo morbidly obese individual.

A lot less lethal, but probably more contagious, note my sister's coworker only had a sore throat before stopped going to work, and the father mentioned lived a rough immigrant blue collar life and was only hospitalized as a precaution due to being "at risk" but able to go back home rather quickly.
Yeah - sounds about right - though the obese, sickly and old don't die at the same rates in Greece, Germany, Austria, Eastern Europe, Scandinavia. So our educated guess should be that the treatment takes a heavy toll (antivirals are not used in many of those countries etc.).

There may be a genetic component in terms of blacks and sickle-celle anemia and a co-factor, but then Africa would be doomed but I doubt it will be.

In reality there could be one compound used in Ribavirin (or in anything else) that reacts badly with some people - which isn't used often in other countries, but they will never ever admit fault.

But since they did not come out of a decent strategy after SARS1 10 years ago, then I doubt that they will come clear after this. They will deny, obfuscate and blame the population.

Either way - you are fine, the people around you will pull through it - so all well.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Glad to hear you're OK, mate. Perhaps you're healthy enough that it passes quickly for you, or you mightn't have any wheezing / chest pains / shortness of breath *because* the Vitamin C is doing what it has been shown to do: oxygenate the blood and keep the organs functioning. If you have the runny stools some people get with Covid, a better way to tell when you dial back on the C would be to pay attention to your urine. Can you see / smell it present when nature calls? It only evidenced in my urine after 18 days, when my fever finally broke.

Man, I've talked to multiple people in the health service, and read multiple articles online about SP02%, and no-one seems to agree on the level when you should go to hospital. I've read everything from 95%-90%, and verbally heard 92% mentioned a lot. One article suggested organ damage can happen by 92%. An article this morning mentioned 87% was the warning bell for asthmatics, which contradicts the previous one. This lack of consistent, actionable medical facts isn't unique to Covid, it seems.

Feeling like I've been hit by a truck today. I don't know if it's me being sick, me not getting much sleep, or just too much going on.

Gotta admit it would be funny as all hell if I got corona.

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
SamuelBRoberts said:
Feeling like I've been hit by a truck today. I don't know if it's me being sick, me not getting much sleep, or just too much going on.

Keep us posted, Sam.

Any updates on your heart, Dr. Howard?

It's coming up on a month since my last symptoms, so if I've supposed to have developed some kind of HIV-style relapse, I'm not seeing it.

SamuelBRoberts said:

What you worry? You know the near perfect cure - just megadose on vit C. But it's probably partly psychological - all this stuff is draining. Whether you think it's a killer-virus or whether you think it's the beginning of a totalitarian austere hyper-tyranny. None of it is overly uplifting.

I see the mental impact on people as even more hurtful as I observe behaviors of people jumping away from other folk as if everyone is a leper. The long-term consequences of that will be far more severe on the human psyche.

Emancipator

Hummingbird
Gold Member
SamuelBRoberts said:

Hope it works out, it did wonders when I stepped away from media/internet and just focused on rest, maintenance and light movement. Was no use anyways to have eyes glued to screens with the headache

I'm starting to go insane since my sinuses are cleared but I still can't smell, digestion/headache are gone, fatigue and bodyaches persist but that might be due to being confined to my small apartment.

My sister's boyrfiend had his test come back positive, he's still coughing, less so, but the idiot doesn't want to super dose Vitamin C (only willing to go 2G)

Handsome Creepy Eel

Owl
Gold Member
Emancipator said:
My sister's boyrfiend had his test come back positive, he's still coughing, less so, but the idiot doesn't want to super dose Vitamin C (only willing to go 2G)
Well... anything is better than nothing, right?

UlteriorMotive

Kingfisher
Gold Member
My brothers sense of taste and smell have still not returned but he told me he is fully recovered otherwise.

Like others here I've been experiencing abnormally strong bouts of fatigue, the missus has now lost her taste buds but has no other symptoms.

I'm curious what the long term complications of this virus will be health wise.

Emancipator said:
SamuelBRoberts said:

Hope it works out, it did wonders when I stepped away from media/internet and just focused on rest, maintenance and light movement. Was no use anyways to have eyes glued to screens with the headache

I'm starting to go insane since my sinuses are cleared but I still can't smell, digestion/headache are gone, fatigue and bodyaches persist but that might be due to being confined to my small apartment.

2000mg is already having some effect while not as drastic as the real doses I took and convinced my buddies and family to take.

The studies where they tried to prove any lack of effectiveness usually stopped at 500mg - between 100mg to 500mg as if someone knew that the magic starts to happen at higher levels - better avoid that. At 2000mg they would already have seen some results at strong colds, let alone 20.000mg+ like many take.

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
I promised to follow up on heart/chest issues I had been having after being originally sick in March. Saw cardiologist today, he said that the infection may have done mild damage to my heart and that it is 'unfit' after so much bed rest, and lockdown inactivity. He figures it will heal on its own with time and exercise. I was able to handle the workload of a stress test with no problems, but the recovery time for my heart to return to a normal beating cycle is very long, which is where the problem is.

Mountaineer

Kingfisher
Gold Member
Are you sure this happened because of Corona or maybe you had a bacterial infection? Did you have an echocardiography?

Tail Gunner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Dr. Howard said:
I promised to follow up on heart/chest issues I had been having after being originally sick in March. Saw cardiologist today, he said that the infection may have done mild damage to my heart and that it is 'unfit' after so much bed rest, and lockdown inactivity. He figures it will heal on its own with time and exercise. I was able to handle the workload of a stress test with no problems, but the recovery time for my heart to return to a normal beating cycle is very long, which is where the problem is.
Dr. Howard, I am glad that you are better. There is breaking news today about COVID-19 causing blood clots. People are dying from these blood clots. It also explains all the heart attacks and the actor who lost his leg from poor circulation (who is also mentioned in this article). You should let your doctor know, so that he can take precautions.

Early data from China on a sample of 183 patients showed more than 70 percent of patients who died of covid-19 had small clots develop throughout their bloodstream. Although acute respiratory distress syndrome still appears to be the leading cause of death in covid-19 patients, blood complications are not far behind, said Behnood Bikdeli, a fourth-year fellow at Columbia University Irving Medical Center, who helped anchor a paper about the blood clots in the Journal of The American College of Cardiology. “My guess is it’s one of the top three causes of demise and deterioration in covid-19 patients,” he said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/22/coronavirus-blood-clots/

AnonymousBosch

Crow
Gold Member
Dr. Howard said:
Sorry to hear that, man. Perhaps the fact I keep exercising during the back half of it kept me out of trouble.

If he's recommended an exercise program to promote healing, stick to it. Even regular walking would be better than nothing.