"I Have Coronavirus Symptoms" thread

DenizenJane

Woodpecker
I might as well title this post "I don't have coronavirus symptoms". About three weeks ago, sis comes home from a lake get-together. Gets tested, has the Germ. Well, my workplace requires that I get tested when a family member that you live with gets a confirmed case (We live with our parents here, pre-Baby Boomer style).

And thats that. A week passed by while she had a little cough, and eventually a day or two of no taste or smell towards the end. I tested negative,and therefore got to keep working, with a followup test a week later- also negative. She was at the dinner table, the living room, and our back patio pretty much every night with us while she recovered. The only real isolation we did was being homebodies for forteen days, as you are commanded to do. My parents are in their 50s and 60s, and quite frankly, didn't give a shit. I suppose they were supposed to come down ridiculously ill after the "incubation" period. We sure weren't wearing PPE around the house, thats for sure.

"You'll feel differently and take this more seriously when a loved one gets it"

Zagor

Woodpecker
I have some simptoms it seems, trouble breathing trough the nose, heavy and loud breathing trough the mouth. A bit worrying to be honest, I can see it reallzy obstructing my breathing if it gets any worse. A bit of swollen face. No fever though. I will get tested and then we'll see.

wojak

Pigeon
Methinks I've got the coof. For the past ~10 days, I've had a sore throat, congestion, and fatigue. About a week ago, my senses of taste and smell went away completely, which has been unsettling. I have next to no appetite, but I've been trying to eat.

I had mono a few years ago, which is the only other viral infection I can compare this to (I'm not sure if I've ever had the "flu" before). Mono was way, way, worse. I'll keep you posted as my symptoms develop.
ft7gai79pyc41.png

fokker

Ostrich
Came down with a very bad cold, sore throat, cough and runny nose around this time last week, and was also feeling quite weak. I got some over-the-counter cold and flu pills and most of that's gone, but my ears have become blocked up. I'm still able to taste, though. I'll book an appointment with my GP and see how that goes.

Last edited:

C-Note

Ostrich
Gold Member
Back in late October-early November I had a slight fever for one day, and felt a little weak for about two weeks. It wasn't enough to keep me from continuing to exercise, including weight training and 10 or so hours of cardio (swimming, running, and cycling- I do triathlons) a week. I did not go to the doctor or to CVS to get tested.

About two weeks ago I had my annual physical and asked for a COVID antibody test since they were drawing blood anyway. Came back positive. So, I had it. I'm a Coronavirus survivor, LOL.

puckerman

Ostrich
On 13-15 December 2019, I went to the Austin Tantra Festival. It was a very touchy and feely event. The day after, I was coughing and sneezing a lot. It was fairly bad for about two weeks.

I thought it might have been cedar allergies. I visited my brother after the festival, and he said he was sick after I left. I think it may have hit him hard as well.

puckerman

Ostrich
Back in late October-early November I had a slight fever for one day, and felt a little weak for about two weeks. It wasn't enough to keep me from continuing to exercise, including weight training and 10 or so hours of cardio (swimming, running, and cycling- I do triathlons) a week. I did not go to the doctor or to CVS to get tested.

About two weeks ago I had my annual physical and asked for a COVID antibody test since they were drawing blood anyway. Came back positive. So, I had it. I'm a Coronavirus survivor, LOL.
Where do you get the antibody test?

Wow, okay, my symptoms are eerily similar to a lot of people's here. Dry cough, itchy throat, maybe a mild fever. Very very mild cold. It's unlike anything I've ever experienced before -- I never get sick, I always feel swollen tonsils when I'm about to come down with something and after a couple days of diligent supplementation it never goes beyond that. This didn't trigger my tonsils at all. Very very strange for me.

I have type O negative blood.

A large study adds to evidence that people with type O or Rh−negative blood may be at slightly lower risk from the new coronavirus. Among 225,556 Canadians who were tested for the virus, the risk for a COVID-19 diagnosis was 12% lower and the risk for severe COVID-19 or death was 13% lower in people with blood group O versus those with A, AB, or B, researchers reported on Tuesday in Annals of Internal Medicine. People in any blood group who were Rh-negative were also somewhat protected, especially if they had O-negative blood. People in these blood type groups may have developed antibodies that can recognize some aspect of the new virus, coauthor Dr. Joel Ray of St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto told Reuters. "Our next study will specifically look at such antibodies, and whether they explain the protective effect," Ray said.

Ludelos

Sparrow
Pretty sure my dad and I caught covid from my uncle who lives with us. He was hanging out with his friends who got sick.

My dad and I started experiencing the following shared symptoms: coughing, sore throat, nasal congestion, fatigue, loss of sense of taste and smell. I in particular had a fever and hives. Hives have always been a unique symptom that I experience as a result of my body's autoimmune response to fight off a viral infection. Interesting enough, the losses of the senses of smell and taste didn't occur until after I started recovering from my other symptoms. I read an article online that informed me that's usually the case with people who lose those senses.

Took a couple of days before my dad and I were able to smell and taste food again. I megadosed on vitamin D for two days which seemed to speed up my recovery.

My dad is a cyclist with excellent endurance so he seemed to fair better than I did despite him being in his late 50's. My uncle faired pretty well too. He doesn't exercise but he's an active blue collar worker.

We have type A+ blood types. Apparently, people with type A face the brunt of the symptoms.

Wow, okay, my symptoms are eerily similar to a lot of people's here. Dry cough, itchy throat, maybe a mild fever. Very very mild cold. It's unlike anything I've ever experienced before -- I never get sick, I always feel swollen tonsils when I'm about to come down with something and after a couple days of diligent supplementation it never goes beyond that. This didn't trigger my tonsils at all. Very very strange for me.

I have type O negative blood.

Made some bread today, whole house can smell it except for me. I guess that confirms it. I feel 100% after about 3 days of feeling about 90-95%.

Pretty sure my dad and I caught covid from my uncle who lives with us. He was hanging out with his friends who got sick.

My dad and I started experiencing the following shared symptoms: coughing, sore throat, nasal congestion, fatigue, loss of sense of taste and smell. I in particular had a fever and hives. Hives have always been a unique symptom that I experience as a result of my body's autoimmune response to fight off a viral infection. Interesting enough, the losses of the senses of smell and taste didn't occur until after I started recovering from my other symptoms. I read an article online that informed me that's usually the case with people who lose those senses.

Took a couple of days before my dad and I were able to smell and taste food again. I megadosed on vitamin D for two days which seemed to speed up my recovery.

My dad is a cyclist with excellent endurance so he seemed to fair better than I did despite him being in his late 50's. My uncle faired pretty well too. He doesn't exercise but he's an active blue collar worker.

We have type A+ blood types. Apparently, people with type A face the brunt of the symptoms.
I also get a hives like rash when my immune system is fighting a virus. Starts in my inner elbow and side of my neck. Then goes everywhere except my face and the palms of my hands. A week later my entire body starts peeling like a sun burn but with denser flakes. I had it biopsy’d and they said it’s an extreme histamine reaction. Never heard of anyone else getting this.

Ludelos

Sparrow
I also get a hives like rash when my immune system is fighting a virus. Starts in my inner elbow and side of my neck. Then goes everywhere except my face and the palms of my hands. A week later my entire body starts peeling like a sun burn but with denser flakes. I had it biopsy’d and they said it’s an extreme histamine reaction. Never heard of anyone else getting this.
I don't peel off but I get them all over my face, scalp and back for a few days. Them big, red itchy bumps drive me miserable! I only started getting them as an adult. Never was an issue whenever I caught the flu as a kid. Not sure why I get them.

Mr Gee

Sparrow
Apologies if wrong thread, but I thought I had covid-19 but turns out I did not, please let me explain.
Travelled domestic flights here in Queensland Australia to get back to remote area where I have been working last few months, get delayed after first flight/destination due to cyclone damage and stay in hotel, start developing symptoms - bad cough (kept me up most of the night when started and still with me a little bit as I type this a week later), bad headache (just like flu, a real hummer), runny nose (not that bad), fatigue (needed day naps for several days, unable to do much), general insomnia, red-eye (this recovered quickly), and one night had bad bowel movement got me out of bed.
Improved somewhat, decided to continue travel with delayed flight to remote town for work. Get to destination, next day entire State goes into lock down with covid alerts, the UK variant has been found where I left at start of my journey! I note the contact tracing online shows the vicinity I was in on train, could be infected here.
Start freaking out. Not for me, the disruption I will cause this remote town (mostly indigenous) will be bad if I have it.
Get tested at local hospital - rapid test comes back negative (this is less accurate), a PCR test is also sent to lab. Go into isolation for 3 days, lab tests returned negative on 4th day.
Relieved, but confused. I have not caught anything like this in a few years. A strange coincidence perhaps?

Easy_C

Peacock
We’ve got this variant. Test came back positive and it is what it is, but For now I’ll buy it because of a family member completely losing senses of smell and taste.

I had a fever last weekend and it’s lingering for annoyingly long...but overall this bug is pathetic and isn’t even half as bad as a normal flu.

I remember lurking here when the corona was only an internet chat, this was one year ago. I read all the claims, vitamin C, oxygen equipment, masks, sanitizers, etc... I took a different approach, I began researching holistic medicine, teas, essential oils. If nature can't fight it off, than it is impossible to survive it and it was pointless wearing masks and spraying everything with chemicals. That was my mindset.

The most effective herb I found that clears up any mucus is Mullein leaves, make a tea out if it and drink it. I never buy commercial teas, if you do you are wasting your money. Pine needles and pine bark if you want vitamin C, don't waste money on synthetic crap, ivan chai (fireweed) from Siberia. All these are strong immune boosters. There's many more, but mullein leaves is the best that works for me when it comes to flu or cold.

Stadtaffe

Woodpecker
Orthodox
Gold Member
I recently got covid. There has been some days of fever, some without. Great loss of energy as is common with viruses but I still went for a long hike yesterday. So I tempted fate by traveling to a very busy, normal part of Europe. Passed hundreds of people in the narrow streets without a mask. On the way back, I kept testing negative (fast antigen test) but eventually I grew worried they may measure my temperature. I had not checked it myself but could feel a fever slowly coming over me. But I was convinced that it couldn't be covid cause there was no loss of smell and I kept testing negative. Now they tell me that some of the newer variants don't cause you to lose your smell.

Then after quarantining for several days with on and off fever I went and get tested (pcr). The next day they ring me up and say it was positive. So now I'm waiting it out, hope to rejoin society in a few days. Also want to be fully healthy again. Was not vaccinated of course.. Only measures I am taking are long hours of sleep, citrus fruits and paracetamol.

Nothing truly bad has happened but there is a number to ring if it does. Somehow I think the worst is past, can't see it suddenly turning into a gasping for air experience like they want you to fear. I am coughing but that is normal with all viruses.

On the one hand I felt quite guilty for pursuing the old normal without inhibitions then catching covid, and who knows maybe infecting someone along the way. I feel regretful as it inconveniences people now, forcing changes of plans. I go out of my mind as everyone does with the abnormality and eventually it's hard not to crack and just live normally including visiting places enjoying the old normal.

Only the overweight, the unfit, the old and the unlucky are really at risk. The response around the world has been total madness. Before I got the positive result, I was sometimes walking around without a mask not so far from other people. This is a "cry wolf" effect. Not sure what else to call it. The governments have pushed such madness on everyone, masks outdoors where there is nobody around, total lockdowns for the healthy. Total nanny state.. So I am worn out from the excess, and then, the once when it really counted, when I had been travelling and had a fever, I sometimes couldn't be bothered to wear a mask. Too much forcing to wear a mask when it was unnecessary. Panic mongering instead of locating the danger and responding to it in a sane way. Of course now that a test result came through I'm keeping completely away from everyone.

Good news is now there is a six month exemption from testing and being asked about vaccination. They say I will test positive for at least three months and you get a piece of paper to say you have "recovered" status.

Last edited: