I have enough wealth/income to gamble on mail-order brides. Where should I look and how should I go about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Beast1

Peacock
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
I of course will be consulting with a lawyer to ensure I will owe the woman no money ever, even if kids are involved if they leave me. If that can't be accomplished in Canada then I'll be scrapping this idea.
In Canada? Really?

A family judge will not only see through all of this, it (not giving a he/she) will not only null and void your entire legal structure, it will see to it that your mail order bride will get half while you pay for all of legal fees.

You would be better off relocating to a different country, learn the culture, speak the language, and try to find a wife that way OR seeking a solid Christian community and a wife who falls under that umbrella.

Zeknichov

Banned
I understand your concerns and apprehension, but it's really not possible to avoid all of the potential pitfalls of the modern world. You can mitigate your losses (ex. getting a contract to save yourself the large expenses of spousal support and property division) but you cannot guarantee an optimal outcome.

Heck, even if you and your wife were happily married forever/never divorced/did everything for your child(ren)/homeschooled, there's no guarantee of a good outcome (kids could still become gay or suicidal). There's only so much that is humanely possible and no one can live a life free from risk.
Sure, my kids might not turn out great but that's different than the legal system hurting me and my kids.

JoeChill

Robin
Protestant
Gold Member
Sure, my kids might not turn out great but that's different than the legal system hurting me and my kids.
I completely understand and I sympathize. Believe me. I'm just saying that you cannot completely protect yourself from the legal system. I have to be truthful with you, even when the truth is unpleasant. Too many generations of Canadians sat by and let the rot consume our country, that's why we're in the mess we are currently in.

Zeknichov

Banned
In Canada? Really?

A family judge will not only see through all of this, it (not giving a he/she) will not only null and void your entire legal structure, it will see to it that your mail order bride will get half while you pay for all of legal fees.

You would be better off relocating to a different country, learn the culture, speak the language, and try to find a wife that way OR seeking a solid Christian community and a wife who falls under that umbrella.

I've been trying to my whole life. On city number 8 now.

Covid-19 kind of ruined my opportunities for jobs in different countries. I've applied to foreign companies for years and only ever got 1 interview which almost landed me a job then covid happened.

Without a job in another country, I can't really relocate there.

I'd love to find a decent Christian community but I've yet to find one, ever. The community might say they're Christian but they're really just people that follow modernity while praying to Jesus. Hardly what I'd call Christian.

Zeknichov

Banned
I completely understand and I sympathize. Believe me. I'm just saying that you cannot completely protect yourself from the legal system. I have to be truthful, even when the truth is unpleasant. Too many generations of Canadians sat by and let the rot consume our country, that's why we're in the mess we are currently in.
You don't need to warn me about potentially being unpleasant with the truth. I think you've been a great help. Canada is a joke tbh.

Going strong

Crow
Trad Catholic
Gold Member
OP, your mindset and plans will land you in trouble in the West.

Wait for (hopefully) an end to the Covid craziness, save money meanwhile (you're earning good money, from your initial description). And when you have a quarter million usd, go to Colombia, Argentina, Vietnam or Kazakhstan. There your plans can work, if you're determined and smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.