If Trump Loses, Do You Plan on Leaving the USA/Western World?

trian1

Woodpecker
"If"

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The Beast1

Peacock
Gold Member
Honestly unless you've already pulled the "trigger" most of you aren't ready or willing to leave. There will always be something holding you back until the proverbial Berlin Wall goes up and you can no longer leave.

TonySandos

Pelican
Gold Member
I'll be glad to let the chickens run. Men not willing to forge the society they aspire to don't deserve the fruits of blood sweat and tears.

Easy_C

Crow
I am planning on doing that anway. As good as Trump has been, I do not believe that ANY politician is capable of reversing an economic cycle. My plan is currently in place and relies on building a resume that allows me a huge amount of geographic flexibility, and I am working on that now with my current grad internship being in a non English speaking country, with an international firm, in a field associated with geographic flexibility. Basically the plan after this is to try to leverage that experience into something it is a bit of an intermediate step. I am targeting countries that are still predominantly white but which are more or less outside the "line of fire"....they have some liberalism issues but still are less likely go full blown nuts than the US is with its current authoritarian streak.Also required is the existence of jobs for me (I work in a field traditionally associated with Ivy League business school types). I am looking primarly at places like Switzerland(which has terrorism problems because they have not been taking many in) and New Zealand( a bit lefty, but has a strong agricultural culture in most places, fewer issues with aggressive/corrupt government than the US does, and is remote enough to avoid being caught up in a US or European civil war).

HD668B

Kingfisher
Gold Member
spokepoker said:
No. I've built up a life, own land, own business. Why would I give that up? Why would I give anything up?
I will fight for what I have worked for. If they come for me, let them come and suffer the consequences.
Fuck running away.
How old are you?

For young guys in their twenties it is clear that the cost/benefit ratio of being self-employed on internet and moving to a non-western country is very high.

I have been living in East-Europe for last 5 years and my mental & physical health are 10 times better than the toxic environment of Canadistan.

If they buy relatively high shares in relevant companies, while it does not guarantee a progress unto infinity it does provide a clear safety net. I don't see how you could advocate for diminishing returns if the number of shares remains more or less stable and the business flow is improving or stable as well. I don't see Apple, Coca Cola or whatever going out of business any time soon. UAE (10% growth yearly on their portfolio) has already started doing that quite a few years ago and recently the Saudis as well. I've been hearing about the death of the Gulf countries for quite a while now. The only major pitfall would be the lack of vision of their leaders. Otherwise, they have the capital and they have a relatively positive conjuncture on their side as well, unless the West turns on them. It seems as if you misunderstood my comment and tried to turn into something else but ah well.

You are using GDP as if it's the most adequate metric to refer to a country's potential. I did not say that, it's a most well placed STRAWMAN :D

Either way, we will see. I have my reservations regarding Saudi Arabia, which might (and should) disintegrate, but the smaller kingdoms might perfectly find a way to adapt. For years I've been reading about their impending collapse. So far... :D

El Chinito loco said:
LEMONed IScream said:
Remember that plenty of the Gulf States have already bought huge shares of companies using their sovereign funds, which over time give them trillions and trillions of dollars. Pretty sure that barring social uprisings they'll be fine. Saudi Arabia could be an exception, but the smaller countries will possibly remain stable.
You vastly overestimate the power of this type of investment and its theoretical "unlimited" returns. Business investment doesn't work as a linear progression into infinity. It has diminishing returns especially when you no longer possess a key strategic resource and other nation's elites prey on so called "secure" investments.

Sovereign wealth funds only go as far as the political and business elite class allow them to go. The U.S. could easily block these investments (and have) in the past when its not in the national best interest. It's in the best interest of the U.S. at the moment to forge these business ties with wealthy royals and other elite from the gulf because it's a trade off for privileged access to oil.

Once upon a time India and China were also the wealthiest (GDP wise) nations in thet world too. How far did material wealth go without military and industrial might to compete?

The gulf arabs have no lasting foundation. A few elites throwing around vast amounts of money does not create a lasting competitive edge for their overall population. They are bedouins and i'm sure the the vast majority will return to the bedouin lifestyle eventually.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
Nineteen84 said:
Kona said:
Nineteen84 said:
Oh my god.

Rich people are building big houses and buying lots of land? They are even putting fences around them?

This has got t be the beginning of the end.

Aloha!
:tard:

Read the whole article instead of looking at the picture.

Aloha!
I did. And watched the video. Alex jones seems really troubled by the fact that rich people want to land their aircraft Ina responsible manner.

And I've heard it all about the mark zuckerberg walk. I have a lava rock wall around my house. There is a massive amount of those rocks on this state. To build my walls was close to the same price as a decent fence. Everyone has lava walls.

And the guy that owns Facebook made a Facebook group amongst his buddies. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Aloha!

Nineteen84

Ostrich
I did. And watched the video. Alex jones seems really troubled by the fact that rich people want to land their aircraft Ina responsible manner.

And I've heard it all about the mark zuckerberg walk. I have a lava rock wall around my house. There is a massive amount of those rocks on this state. To build my walls was close to the same price as a decent fence. Everyone has lava walls.

And the guy that owns Facebook made a Facebook group amongst his buddies. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Aloha!
:jordan:

Of course the super-rich plan for things like this! They have for years. And it's because they can. New Zealand is a popular choice, I agree - great views!

For the rest of us a bit lower down the food chain, gated communities will be the future if things start to crumble.

Aloha!

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
∆ Those pictures are very appropriate.

Michael Jordan has big mansion in chicago:

And Kareem Abdul jabar has a big one in Kauai, right by the facebook guys house:

Both appear to have fences and walls surrounding them.

I really doubt any of these people built these places so Hillary clinton, the Illuminati, and the aliens could come over and plot the apocalypse in privacy.

I think they built them so they could have some space to relax, and bury their heads like ostrichs, and forget about bullshit. They've got the money to do it.

Aloha!

Nineteen84

Ostrich
Kona said:
I really doubt any of these people built these places so Hillary clinton, the Illuminati, and the aliens could come over and plot the apocalypse in privacy.
You have gone straw man my friend.
:laugh:

Anyway, the first article discusses Silicon Valley elites not basketball players. Even so, Jordan must be $1BN + and I doubt that is his only property. Kareem Abdul jabar is worth $20M, so he'll be fighting it out with the rest of us. Poor Kareem.

[attachment=32682]

Even the non-Silicon Valley elite are getting in on the game - Alexander Abramov (worth $3.8BN) has a place in NZ costing $50M.

Related:
Where your boss will be come the revolution: 'Boltholes with airstrips' in New Zealand that are being bought by world's super-rich who want a hideout in case of 'civil uprising'.

[attachment=32683]

You'd be foolish to deny that the super-rich have contingency plans & multiple properties. The evidence is undeniable.

Attachments

TravelerKai

Peacock
Gold Member
Alex Jones is a bit too tinfoil without much to back it up this time. Compounds with high fences are extremely common for middle/middle-upper and rich Africans to have. Most have at least one guard and a few servants. Why? Not because they need a back up plan once they screw over their fellow countrymen. It's because they cannot trust the people outside of their compounds. Physical security is number one, when even planning for cyber security. I'm pretty sure Zuck has a datacenter of some size in his house. If I had his money, you can bet I would.

If anything it just shows that they are paranoid or responsible to protect their lives against the endless hordes of people that would jack them at a moments notice. I don't know about the UK, but even in Houston, there are many high gated communities. Some of the reason is to keep out wanderers, thieves, solicitors, religious folks like Mormons, and to keep a log of who is coming through the area. Some of these have guards in front and some are remote control access. One of my family members has a house in one, and he isn't even the rich one in the family.

I think if you lived here (in a largish city) in the USA, you would realize that Alex is just trying to drum up hype, because this has been like this for a very long time. Not everything he says has merit to it.

If anything the billionaires with multiple passports, with all their money overseas, are the ones you have to watch out for. Quite possibly the only reason why I like Trump is that he did not cop out and get other passports and say fuck the rest of you guys, and is using his wealth and influence to try and fix the country. It's fitting because only ostentatious wealth is power here nowadays, and instead of staying out of it, he will try to fix it. Even Warren Buffett discussed how bad it was and his peers hated him for it. The rest of their peers are not only quiet, but will leave us all here high and dry at a moment's notice, and take the wealth they milked out of us and this country to foreign banks.

It doesn't mean very much when lower/middle class nobodies leave the US or renounce citizenship, it's exponentially magnified if billionaires are doing it, taking their wealth, investments, and the jobs they were providing away. Whether they agree or not, they have alot more tangible responsibility that comes with that wealth.

TravelerKai

Peacock
Gold Member
I also think the threat of "brain drain" is nothing new and a few handfuls of us leaving won't affect that. Unless Trump closes the borders to all immigrants, that won't change much. If anything "The Closing of the American Mind" and the assault on the family is the biggest threat to American ingenuity. Stop or fix those things and brain drain will be a non issue.

I also agree with QC, I ultimately want to split my time overseas like Ferris talks about. I still need to spend time with my family and hunt/fish.

eradicator

Peacock
Gold Member
Kona said:
∆ Those pictures are very appropriate.

Michael Jordan has big mansion in chicago:

And Kareem Abdul jabar has a big one in Kauai, right by the facebook guys house:

Both appear to have fences and walls surrounding them.

I think they built them so they could have some space to relax, and bury their heads like ostrichs, and forget about bullshit. They've got the money to do it.

Aloha!
Apparently Kareem has given up on trying to find a head coaching position in the NBA, a shame. I guess teams want point guards and not big men. I am a little surprised that Jason Kidd has had no trouble finding head coaching positions, he isn't exactly well spoken in interviews, but he has an extremely high basketball IQ

debeguiled

Peacock
Gold Member

Great find, Kona.

That is the only picture I have ever seen of Kareem relaxing.

Except on defense.

(I know, easy joke.)

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
Quintus Curtius said:
I'm a big advocate of the "bifurcated" life these days. It seems to be working out well for me right now. When it no longer works, I'll adapt and overcome.

When I say bifurcated, I mean that you split your life between two different places. America is still a great place to start a business. Make your money here, and play elsewhere. He gets a lot of hate, but Tim Ferris did break the code on a lot of this stuff a decade ago.

You've got to leverage the things that you do have, and try to position yourself to get the things you don't have. Work and job are great here in the US, but the women are not. So you pick a place to travel to. Learn the language fluently and keep going there for years. Eventually you'll build up a circle in two countries.

Have your home base here, but take frequent trips during the year to your second home. After a while, you can work it so you spend more and more time there.

The rest of the world is an incredible place, but working for yourself is key.

And when I'm ready--and that could be many years from now--I just might be gone for good.

But I'm not leaving the table until the last hand of cards is played.

I'm currently bifurcated between Canada and America...so I'm definitely staying if trump loses.

Plus, I'm pretty convinced that if there is yet another american civil war or collapse that the confederacy/south will have the chance to rise again. I'd be fine with having a part in that.

Bluto

Kingfisher
Problem is that I don't see much of a viable alternative, but if there is one, then I would like to know about it.

Slam

Woodpecker
I have spent a long time in Latin America the past few years after several decades in the USA, and after awhile you realize that these countries are 3rd world FOR A REASON (corruption, low IQ, Marxism etc...) Living long term in a foreign country has it's own can of worms. You should try it out for a few years before you knee-jerk commit to anything long term.

The reality is that the pull of women in many these countries will blind your judgement for the period of time until you get use to them. Then you see all the crap and you wonder if it's worth the while.

As much as I dislike American women, and the American media, the idea of returning to the US has become more pleasant with each passing year. If Trump is elected and starts doing what he says he will, that might put me over the top.

Slam said:
I have spent a long time in Latin America the past few years after several decades in the USA, and after awhile you realize that these countries are 3rd world FOR A REASON (corruption, low IQ, Marxism etc...) Living long term in a foreign country has it's own can of worms. You should try it out for a few years before you knee-jerk commit to anything long term.

The reality is that the pull of women in many these countries will blind your judgement for the period of time until you get use to them. Then you see all the crap and you wonder if it's worth the while.

As much as I dislike American women, and the American media, the idea of returning to the US has become more pleasant with each passing year. If Trump is elected and starts doing what he says he will, that might put me over the top.
I hear ya.

I really couldn't live in a 3rd world kind of place for too long. I just watched some YouTube clips of some Brazilian and Colombian cities and they look pretty run down. Fun to visit and get some bangs but not to live. The only place that looks like it would be decent as a relocation spot in LA is Santiago, Chile. But that's on paper. In reality, it still would be a tough move given the language/cultural barriers.

I've got a thing for latinas so I'm looking at south Florida and Texas especially as relocation spots as well. Might be good enough for my wants. Never been to the Miami area but I hear it's practically a LA city in the US anyway (for better or worse). Might need to start a new thread on this in the travel section.