If Trump Loses, Do You Plan on Leaving the USA/Western World?

N°6

Ostrich
262 said:
I already left for other reasons, but -

For those who say guys leaving the US if Trump loses are cowards:

What would you say to your ancestors who left their home continents?
Hello Yank? G'day Aussie?

@redbeard - can you please move this to the Politics section?

Bump for 2020.

Suffice to say, the stakes are even higher in 2020.

In my view: if the democrats seize control of the government, leaving the USA is a legit option on the table. The pure hatred for MAGA associated people, especially white men, is FAR worse than it was in 2016. I've seen it in otherwise friendly, intelligent, good-natured democrat folk; this insane rage against Trump and his supporters. If they get power, I expect retribution and revenge to be driving their actions.

Some have argue that once they have power, the DEMs will chill out instead. I doubt that. Nearly every instance of democrats seizing control in recent memory has resulted in them going full steam ahead on their radical agenda items. I expect that trend to continue and become more severe if the democrats gain power.

Aside from the security risk, I believe there will be real financial risks to remaining within the US. Absurd taxes, reparations, and more draconian rules regarding making money overseas (making it harder to leave down the line) are practically a guarantee. People forget that 20-30 million illegals will be given voting rights and those people will demand more welfare since many of them came specifically for the welfare benefits. It will be middle/middle-upper class people largely footing the people. It's possible there will be a racial component as well.

Hopefully, Trump will win, the GOPe will be flushed out, and a massive silent majority of all races will give a big fuck you to the democrats and their insanity. If not, life in the USA is gonna get pretty rough soon.

Last edited:

Sargon2112

Sparrow
Leaving the US is not something I'm likely to do. While part of me would like an isolated parcel of land in a place like Wyoming or the Dakotas, I've got extended family and older parents here (southern appalachians), which I'm not going to be able to leave behind. I'm fairly isolated here; the closest township (population of around 3500) is about 8 miles away. The closest small city is about 30 miles away and Atlanta is about 2.5 hours away. Things would have to really get nuts for me to have a security problem at my home, but I'm convinced the potential exists. I have firearms, ammo and some good folks living in the area and we would all do our part.
Blackouts and food shortages are my biggest long term concern. I've got enough land here to plant and feed my family, wild game is plentiful (now anyway) and there's enough wooded area to provide wood heat indefinitely. As long as I can scrounge enough to pay yearly taxes, I'd be fine, assuming it got that bad.
Even if Trump wins, I'm thinking things are going to escalate considerably post election. Even so, at best, we've got Trump for another 4 years - then what?

perros

Woodpecker
Where are people leaving to? Canada? Australia? England? Germany? Every country outside the USA is pretty much liberal. Trump has an 18% approval rating in all of Europe. He's got a 8% approval rating in Mexico, and an 12% approval rating in the rest of Latin America.

Many of Trump's policies around the world are extremely unpopular.

Here's a picture of Trump's approval ratings. The countries that mostly love him are the quote un-quote shithole countries surprisingly (Kenya, Nigeria, Philippines, Israel). That's pretty bad.

So what countries are people moving to when the majority of the world is pretty much liberal?

Where are people leaving to? Canada? Australia? England? Germany? Every country outside the USA is pretty much liberal. Trump has an 18% approval rating in all of Europe. He's got a 8% approval rating in Mexico, and an 12% approval rating in the rest of Latin America.

Here's a picture of Trump's approval ratings. The countries that mostly love him are the quote un-quote shithole countries surprisingly (Kenya, Nigeria, Philippines, Israel). That's pretty bad.

So what countries are people moving to when the majority of the world is pretty much liberal?
A lot of this is just kneejerk anti-Americanism rather than an indication of being liberal. Pretty much all of these European countries (including places like Germany and Sweden) have explicitly nationalistic parties that get 20-25% of the vote and are well to the right of Trump and the GOP.

It_is_my_time

Hummingbird
A lot of this is just kneejerk anti-Americanism rather than an indication of being liberal. Pretty much all of these European countries (including places like Germany and Sweden) have explicitly nationalistic parties that get 20-25% of the vote and are well to the right of Trump and the GOP.
If the USA was allowed to have nationalist parties, they would do as well, or even better.

In the end the only people who do matter are young/prime aged men, they make the decisions for a society. And young men in the USA as well as all the other western nations, are defeated by a well run psychological warfare. It isn't just the brainwashing of the people on the left, or the men who have given up and escaped life through drugs or video games, it is also people on the right who think "as long as they come here legally" and "we just have to teach them about the free market" is the easy fix for this mess. It is so much deeper and so much further down stream than they can imagine. Which is why the country is in the shape it is in despite the GOP having the Presidency, the House, the Senate and the Supreme Court for 2 years and getting absolutely nothing done, except a tax cut for the billionaires silencing free speech of Trump supporters.

I see a few people speak about these hard truths and they are shunned just as hard by the right as the left. It is going to have to get a lot worse, apparently, before it wakes enough young men up to make it better. In the mean time we are seeing Eastern Europe slowly fall to globohomo and the only potential opposition to globohomo is North Korea, Syria, Iran, Russia (maybe), and China (maybe). None of those countries would welcome most of us and I don't blame them, they have plenty of working aged men and don't need more of them.

Sargon2112

Sparrow

Taiwan loves Trump. I've travelled there twice during his term and they love his policies toward mainland China.

estraudi

Kingfisher
Gold Member
What would cause me to leave the USA? Reparations.
Higher Taxes. Once the rich flee the country the government will adjust their tax bracket of what's considered "taxing the rich" down to people making more than $100,000 then they will leave, adjust again to $50,000, then $24,000 and by that time the country will have really crumbled so I doubt max tax gets trickled down to $24,000.

Taiwan loves Trump. I've travelled there twice during his term and they love his policies toward mainland China.
Maybe Trump releasing a SCOTUS list with a taiwanese person on it will help lock up the Taiwanese vote. #AllVotesMatter

Dr. Howard

Peacock
Gold Member
What would cause me to leave the USA? Reparations.
Nothing. I 'fled' to the USA from Canada. Re-learning an entirely new country in enough detail to be intelligent in navigating it is tough. The USA is huge, even if it falls apart or goes into some ultra persecution mode I would choose to live in poverty in some backwater until I died or the country stabilized under some sort of globohomo regime like the "nu commonwealth" rules that UK, Canada, NZ, Australia and the EU live under now.

For me, it would be too difficult to learn the layout, language and culture of a new county so well that I would be any better off in another foreign country. In those places I'd likely to be taken advantage of as an "American refugee" as much as I would in my own country.

Dr Mantis Toboggan

Kingfisher
Gold Member
It may have to do with the fact that Filipinos love Duterte and Trump thinks favorably of him.

What boggles my mind is Kenya and Nigeria (wtf lol). Israel is not surprising at all since Trump has kissed their ass for the entire 4 years in office.
A few countries where I would expect him to do well also conspicuously absent from that survey. Colombia, Vietnam, and Taiwan come to mind