I'm appearing on the Dr. Oz show

Roosh said:
With the #gamergate meeting getting called it for a bomb threat, I have to be careful about how I announce the lecture tour.

While getting petitioned is good for "publicity", it is also good for the venue to cancel the event. I don't need publicity for this event since I already have my readership to share it with (ROK, my blog, this forum, etc). I'm a bit pessimistic that all six events will go off without any problems.

That's what I was wondering too - it would be prudent to announce the exact date and time and area. Then send the address only shortly before. Hater-crowds, feminists and SJWs need plenty of time.

While the PUAHate crew has posted the info - somehow I doubt if those chicken-guys are going to do much about it. It's more the feminists who wish to disrupt any kind of dissenting information.

Horus

Ostrich
Catholic
Gold Member
Roosh said:
With the #gamergate meeting getting called it for a bomb threat, I have to be careful about how I announce the lecture tour.

While getting petitioned is good for "publicity", it is also good for the venue to cancel the event. I don't need publicity for this event since I already have my readership to share it with (ROK, my blog, this forum, etc). I'm a bit pessimistic that all six events will go off without any problems.

I take back my previous comment. I really hope that it goes smoothly and that nobody is harassed for attending these lectures.

Also, after rewatching the video I posted....

.... I spotted this sexy lady at the one minute mark.

hqdefault.jpg

This bitch is like a bad case of herpes.

spi

Pigeon
There's nothing here that I can say that others haven't already said.

I watched your reaction video and agree that your performance wasn't your best - only because in all your other youtube videos you are fully articulate and smooth.

But as many others have said, the fact that they needed a rehearsed "A" game just to match your on the fly by-the-seat-of-the-pants C game shows what strong frame you have.

Just out of interest, I noticed quite often when you were answering his questions, you weren't looking in his eye. Was it because you wanted to be less confrontational, or was it because you needed some space to focus to ensure you were able to come up with solid statements quickly?

Collide

Kingfisher
Roosh said:

Toronto will be the toughest, we breed a special kind of SJW here. Did you save the best for last on purpose? It's kind of like working your way up to the final boss.

It_is_my_time

Crow
Protestant
Long story short, I have a female roommate from China. She is an amazing person, and her mom fat shames her all the time. Every time they talk on video chat, my roommate's mom tells her she is getting too fat and she needs to stay slim to find a good man. Anyway, she watches what she eats and goes to the gym five days a week. She is about 5' 115 lbs. and has a pretty stocky body for a Chinese girl.

So I was interested on her input on this and I wanted her to watch this video. I found it on youtube and showed it to her. She agreed with everything Roosh said and was yelling at Dr. Oz the more it went on. She said she believes it is a great shame for a woman to be fat and that Dr. Oz is a terrible fraud for lying to these women. Then she just laughed at the horrible #OzBodyPositive video.

A few things I noticed watching it again...

1) It appears there were a few times Roosh was trying not to laugh at the silliness of it all. So over the top and so many lies being spewed, it had to be hard not to just laugh at it all.

2) When the fat model said "LOOK AT ME" I could see the fire in Roosh's eyes and he looked like he was looking right through her. It was a very powerful/masculine look that said more than the empty words from the fat model.

3) It was funny when Oz appeared to be trying to hand the stack of BS papers to Roosh and Roosh just ignored him. A nonverbal alpha body language move.

Watching it now two times, I would say Roosh came off VERY well and my Chinese roommate agreed.

I think if Roosh had said (and focused and emphasized and repeated) that what he's doing is a reaction to the fat acceptance thing, that might have possibly made a difference. That way if anyone had said that fat shaming is juvenile or cruel or whatever, he could have sad that fat acceptance is stupid and irresponsible and misleading and getting out of hand and deserves an equally strong reaction in the opposite direction.

But obviously he never really had the chance to say much.

RIslander

Banned
Lizard King said:

The most important element to me is that no matter my size, I’m now twice as confident in my body than I was as a size ten.
When I was thinner I was more self-conscious, less confident around men and much more uptight.
A date with me now would be way more fun than it would have been then.
If I went back to a size ten I’d mourn the loss of my boobs more than celebrate my flatter stomach.
The best philosophy is to please yourself. Hopefully then you will attract someone who likes the version of yourself you’ve chosen as much as you do.

Translation: I still get 50% of the attention when I'm fatass swamphog as opposed to only semi-fat chubster, and my disgusting appearance lowers my expectations, so I may as well stay in the swamp.

giphy.gif

Samseau

Eagle
Orthodox
Gold Member
I think Roosh did fine given his circumstances and being surprised as he was.

Going forward Roosh, you should remember to ask for a cup of water on stage in case you get cotton mouth (I get it all the time too in public speaking circumstances, it's involuntary). With a properly hydrated mouth you'll be able to keep your voice signing and your confidence will rise in response to it.

As for the idea that fat shaming doesn't work - it depends on what kind of shaming we're talking about here. There's a difference between being pointlessly mean and cruel to fatties, and encouraging them to lose weight for their own good.

Suits

Banned
Samseau said:
I think Roosh did fine given his circumstances and being surprised as he was.

Going forward Roosh, you should remember to ask for a cup of water on stage in case you get cotton mouth (I get it all the time too in public speaking circumstances, it's involuntary). With a properly hydrated mouth you'll be able to keep your voice signing and your confidence will rise in response to it.

As for the idea that fat shaming doesn't work - it depends on what kind of shaming we're talking about here. There's a difference between being pointlessly mean and cruel to fatties, and encouraging them to lose weight for their own good.

Should be lukewarm or warm water. Cold water will contract the vocal chords and may have a negative effect in a public speaking situation when you have enough other things to worry about...or so I've been told.

Merenguero

Crow
Gold Member
I finally got a chance to watch the show and thought that Roosh handled himself extremely well. That Oz guy (I had no idea who he was until I watched the video) just seems like an angry little man. I'm really not sure if the opinions he tries to express are his true sentiments or if he is just a whore who sells himself to get fans and/or ratings. Either way, fuck him, and great job, Roosh.

Merenguero

Crow
Gold Member
I don't think anyone else brought this up, but what the helll was the deal with that lone white knight sitting in the audience? Was he trying to get into all those fat women's pants, did he not have anything better to do, is he mentally ill, or all of above?

Looks like Oz is lying again...

In the vid Oz says Roosh said "Men would rather die than sleep with a woman over 150 pounds."

But the actual quote, (http://www.returnofkings.com/18782/fat-shaming-week), Roosh actually said: "There is no male celebrity stating that he rather die than have sex with a woman over 150 pounds." Different altogether since the context is about the media views on obesity, bringing up celebrities as an example since they are alphas, not men as a whole.