I'm flying to Albania from the U.K in 10 days (I can't find any info lol)

Danger Mouse

Chicken
Alright lads,

I am flying from Glasgow, Scotland to Tirana, Albania via London Heathrow in 10 days time but I am struggling for information.

Here is what I need to know:

Do I need to take a test to leave the U.K? If so, what one? How do I go about it?

That's all I need to know but it's been an absolute shambles trying to find out. No Gov website can tell me & I've tried countless others over the last 48 hours. All phone numbers I am calling are directing me to websites that are useless. I got through to one place but it was a terrible line, my own voice was echoing back to me at ear splitting volume and the woman I was trying to talk to was Indian and we couldn't understand each other.

Any information that can help me would be much appreciated!

Ps From what I can gather, it seems entry on arrival to Albania is reasonably straight forward but happy to hear if anyone knows more.

Danger Mouse

Chicken
Thank you, that helps clear up a bit more on arriving at Albania...BUT I am needing to know if I need to take a test before my flight from Glasgow - London and then from London - Tirana ?

KantPost

Sparrow
Thank you, that helps clear up a bit more on arriving at Albania...BUT I am needing to know if I need to take a test before my flight from Glasgow - London and then from London - Tirana ?
Why don't you do your research? You think the forum members are here to function as your travel assistant?

aynrus

Pelican
Call the airline. These days airlines are enforcing whatever the governments are requiring. There's usually a website with rules, at least for bigger airlines. Though phone reps for airlines are often complete dummies without accurate info, so if what they say deviates from online info good to press them to connect you to someone who knows the rules. Some airlines are doing hoax-free flights right now, got to make sure not to end up flying one because these require a test no matter what's the destination.

Viktor Zeegelaar

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
Your secretary of foreign affairs has the info mate. Dutch one for example has a site showing all measures for every country on a map. Doubt that's not the case for you.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
The best overview is on Kayak:

Home Office:

Lots of conflicting info. I was refused entry to a plane last year to a mish-mash of info.

As noted above, best to call the airline. They have all the details on hand, but are not sophisticated enough to bosh them online in a table.

Kona

Crow
Gold Member
I'd imagine you need a negative PCR test 72 or less hours before the first leg of your flight. If you don't leave the secure area in merry old London town I'd doubt you need another there.

Then I read this that says the Queen is not allowing anyone to travel in or out of Glasgow: www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-guidance-on-travel-and-transport

This backs that up: https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52646738

I was worried because I would think Albanian quarantine facilities are probably pretty rough, but it sounds like you are staying home, my man.

I'm not sure if this helps, but in some parts of Europe they have covid sniffing dogs on patrol:

Aloha!

aynrus

Pelican
I was worried because I would think Albanian quarantine facilities are probably pretty rough, but it sounds like you are staying home, my man.

My understanding is there's generally no quarantine in Albania, there's only self-quarantine (at the place of your choice) when entering from Macedonia and Greece. Albania had some of the most lax entry requirements all the way.

There's a need for BS-sniffing dogs now. These hoax-sniffing dogs completely violate human rights, illegal body search.

Last edited:

Chicken
Orthodox
There has never been any quarantine in Albania.

Tourists never needed a test to enter the country, evan in the peak of plandemy or infections.

aynrus

Pelican
There has never been any quarantine in Albania.

Tourists never needed a test to enter the country, evan in the peak of plandemy or infections.
There's self-quarantine only, for 2 weeks, if one enters from Greece or Macedonia. I guess it's some kind of payback measure for quarantine requirement on the other side.

Chicken
Orthodox
There's self-quarantine only, for 2 weeks, if one enters from Greece or Macedonia. I guess it's some kind of payback measure for quarantine requirement on the other side.
I think it was removed for Macedonia since 30% of the population is Albanian there. They keep it for Greece, you are right .

aynrus

Pelican
I think it was removed for Macedonia since 30% of the population is Albanian there. They keep it for Greece, you are right .
Official sources say will need to self-quarantine/14-days if entering from Macedonia, but this was in regards to US or UK citizens traveling into Albania from those countries, they might have cancelled it for the locals. Or just didn't update embassy websites yet.