I'm starting to choose companies with less silly covid policies.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
This week, I had to buy baseball pants for my son. Our first choice in sporting goods store said that their dressing rooms are closed. I was told that I could "buy two pairs, take them home, and return the ones that don't fit later." Are you kidding me?? First of all, I live in a small town... we journey 25 minutes just to GET to the sporting goods store... I am certainly not going to do that. Secondly, it isn't typically between "two pairs" for my kid. Sometimes he tries on two and realizes he STILL needs to go up a size... or he tries on three pairs and realizes a different brand is the way to go. We'd basically need to purchase every pair that remotely MIGHT fit him.

Luckily, the other major sporting goods company in town DID have their dressing rooms open. Can you believe it? I guess the scary covid only visits the first store, lol. Anyway, they're the ones who got our money that day!

Anyone have similar stories where you are?

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
This is how it's been everywhere around me but we stopped supporting any business with covid rules in April 2020, small or large.
That would be virtually impossible around here. The mask mandate is statewide. Most, if not all businesses, at least have a sign on the door asking for masks. The level at which they enforce it definitely varies, though.

Laner

Hummingbird
Gold Member
My company has a running black/white list for where we spend our money. A lot of cash can flow through our projects each month so it would likely be a bit of a hit in the long term. Most of these decisions have been around how they reacted to the covid hysteria. A part of it is also how they are treating customers now that things are busy again.

For example the company we buy our o-ring seals from literally threw the packages of o-rings on the floor while he stood 10' away. Instant blacklist. The company we buy our hydraulics from has a teenager who works there who walked me through a product, said he assumed we needed it right away, and proceeded to press the hose and fittings right there while I waited with a free coffee and the UFC highlights on the tv. Instant white list (though he was already on it for years). Same with our industrial tire guy. And so on.

We also share the list with our other vendors and associates who feel the same as us. Many have added to our list. Others have asked for it.

Rum

Pigeon
Just as we should all vote with our feet, we should vote with our dollars.

At minimum, stop paying your money to the people who hate you and want you dead (i.e. Disney, Coca-Cola, Levi's) and of course when you're able to do so (locally), support those who are sane...not the ones who are perpetuating Covid hysteria.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Yes, been basing my shopping habits on this since the start. For instance, I used to go to thrift stores a lot, but one in particular leaped onto the face diaper wagon with such fascist enthusiasm I’ve never been back. We really should tell them this, but good grief, I’m worn down from it all.

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
Yes, been basing my shopping habits on this since the start. For instance, I used to go to thrift stores a lot, but one in particular leaped onto the face diaper wagon with such fascist enthusiasm I’ve never been back. We really should tell them this, but good grief, I’m worn down from it all.

I went to a hospital thrift store a few months ago (first time there-- it's somewhat local but located in a much more affluent area, my dad was visiting) and they were only allowing ten people inside, and the woman said, "you can't wear that, I'll give you a mask or you can't come in!" (I wear a scarf/neck gaiter type thing.) She was also telling people pull their masks up and tighter, etc.

Needless to say, haven't been back.

I boycott starbucks, Target, Amazon, pro sports, and any other pozzed business I can think of. Compliance on masks is low here, so even if the business has a sign requiring one I just ignore the sign. Wal-Mart for example lost my respect when they stopped selling 'assault rifles', so I don't even shop at Wal-Mart anymore.

That would be virtually impossible around here. The mask mandate is statewide. Most, if not all businesses, at least have a sign on the door asking for masks. The level at which they enforce it definitely varies, though.

For more than half a year we drove 3 hours round trip each time to do our grocery shopping once a month. If you can't resist when it's easy, how will you resist when it's difficult?

I don't want to argue with you @Luna Novem and I like your posts...but I'm honestly surprised any dissident or conservative is still asking these sorts of questions after an entire year of this BS. It does not make me hopeful for any real resistance from others (or by the time it comes, it will be too late anyway).

If you're shopping at Amazon, Wal-mart, or your local mom and pop that's masked up and tranny-friendly...you really need to ask yourself some hard questions, imho.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
For more than half a year we drove 3 hours round trip each time to do our grocery shopping once a month. If you can't resist when it's easy, how will you resist when it's difficult?

I don't want to argue with you @Luna Novem and I like your posts...but I'm honestly surprised any dissident or conservative is still asking these sorts of questions after an entire year of this BS. It does not make me hopeful for any real resistance from others (or by the time it comes, it will be too late anyway).

If you're shopping at Amazon, Wal-mart, or your local mom and pop that's masked up and tranny-friendly...you really need to ask yourself some hard questions, imho.
No, I get what you're saying. I don't get easily offended even when people ARE arguing, so no worries.

You're right, I could have gone to the state next door to shop; I don't *think* they ever had a statewide mask mandate (not entirely sure, they may have had one earlier in the game). It definitely would have required a major overhaul of my lifestyle; a once-a-month shopper I am not. I find it hard even to shop once a week tbh. Around here, also, even though it's a blue state, we're in a VERY red portion of said blue state. Most stores, even though they comply and put the note about masks on the door, they aren't going to hassle you if you walk in w/o one.

FWIW, I DO try my best to avoid Amazon!

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
I went to a hospital thrift store a few months ago (first time there-- it's somewhat local but located in a much more affluent area, my dad was visiting) and they were only allowing ten people inside, and the woman said, "you can't wear that, I'll give you a mask or you can't come in!" (I wear a scarf/neck gaiter type thing.) She was also telling people pull their masks up and tighter, etc.

Needless to say, haven't been back.
Yep. I used to be a big Goodwill shopper... we got the majority of our family's clothes there (pretty much everything besides socks and underwear!) But they've had closed dressing rooms this ENTIRE time. How the heck they expect people to buy clothes without trying them on is beyond me... ESPECIALLY at a thrift store where there aren't multiple sizes of each item. So, no Goodwill this last year.

Lamkins

Woodpecker
Woman
Yep. I used to be a big Goodwill shopper... we got the majority of our family's clothes there (pretty much everything besides socks and underwear!) But they've had closed dressing rooms this ENTIRE time. How the heck they expect people to buy clothes without trying them on is beyond me... ESPECIALLY at a thrift store where there aren't multiple sizes of each item. So, no Goodwill this last year.

Goodwill is the thrift store I was referencing. They had some minimum wage mask nazi in the parking lot, lol. No way I’d do that if I worked there. I’d tell them they don’t pay me enough to enforce rules. That’s Management's job.

I remembered I did go back when my mom and aunt wanted to go. My aunt was told snottily to put her mask on. She replied she would but she had a medical exemption. The worker then snottily told her she didn’t need to be shopping there then. I happened to be sitting in the car waiting when this happened otherwise my mom and I’d have activated our inner honey badger on the situation.

Luna Novem

Woodpecker
Woman
Goodwill is the thrift store I was referencing. They had some minimum wage mask nazi in the parking lot, lol. No way I’d do that if I worked there. I’d tell them they don’t pay me enough to enforce rules. That’s Management's job.

I remembered I did go back when my mom and aunt wanted to go. My aunt was told snottily to put her mask on. She replied she would but she had a medical exemption. The worker then snottily told her she didn’t need to be shopping there then. I happened to be sitting in the car waiting when this happened otherwise my mom and I’d have activated our inner honey badger on the situation.
Oops, I think it was actually your comment I meant to reply to.

Yeah, that's crap that they're being snotty. My daughter works at a grocery store, and they are trained to simply ask "Would you like a mask?" and then if the customer answers no or that they have a medical issue, to let it be.

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
A lot of thrift stores don't have dressing rooms, so one tip I've learned over the years is to wear layers (like leggings and a tank top under another shirt you can take off) and just try the clothes on by a mirror. I actually do this in most stores because I don't like stripping down in dressing rooms for some reason.

Ah_Tibor

Robin
Woman
Oops, I think it was actually your comment I meant to reply to.

Yeah, that's crap that they're being snotty. My daughter works at a grocery store, and they are trained to simply ask "Would you like a mask?" and then if the customer answers no or that they have a medical issue, to let it be.

That's good though. Most people don't realize that mask "mandates" aren't laws. My brother is a priest and made his church mask-optional, and a lot of the people get on his case and say, "you're not following the law!"

Our church passed out matching green masks for Palm Sunday. I said to my husband, "we get armbands next time" and he just kind of shrugged.