Incoming Bitcoin crash

Jaydublin

Pelican
Higgs Bosun said:
Jaydublin said:
She is going down boys!

No kidding. I tried to sell my remaining positions but coinbase is not processing sell orders. I sold the vast majority of my btc yesterday when it was still above 16k but it's still damn annoying.

They took mine... kept getting an error popup but they took it... so it says anyway.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
Gold Member
Bitcoin hit a bearish pivot (orange candle):

Screenshot_at_2017-12-22_05-13-04.png

I've sold everything, loaning out dollars at 0.3% on Bitfinex. Will have to see for the buy-back, maybe $8,000.

Thomas the Rhymer

Ostrich
Gold Member
Damn...

graph-38-555x312.png

Now all we need is a short upward spike, a horde of people crying out that it was never a bubble and that we are returning to 'normal', followed by an even harder crash (i.e. the bull trap).

So far, the bubble is mostly following the typical pattern:

main-qimg-ab0ac83a04a4cd48c78fff0985434e0b

balybary

Pelican
This investor makes a good prediction last Tuesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/19/ear...rcent-drop-could-happen-before-next-boom.html
Tue, 19 Dec 2017

Bitcoin is a risky investment that could easily plunge 50 percent next week to levels seen only last month, said a former hedge fund strategist who is now a digital currency investor.

But Dan Morehead, founder and CEO Pantera Capital, predicted Tuesday that bitcoin in the long run is likely to spike much higher than current prices of about $18,200 per unit.

"For the big blockchains like bitcoin, ethereum and ripple, we're in the first innings of a multidecade thing," said Morehead, who bought bitcoin when it was at just $72. "And there's going to be some ups and there's going to be some downs, but we're still really early."

Blockchain, the technology underlying bitcoin and other digital currencies, is an anonymous, decentralized public log that records all transactions.

Bitcoin could be "down 50 percent next week ... where it was a month ago," Morehead said on CNBC's "Squawk Box."But in a year, "it'll be much higher than it is today."

NewMeta

Kingfisher
Finally normies are getting their dose of the reality of crypto, easy come, easy go, the amount of tears im seeing in social media is delicious :D

Road_Less_Taken

Woodpecker
The thing went so parabolic and now there is zero support until 4000-6000 even then not that much.

Also I'm glad all the cryptos are going down. The 'I'm moving my cash from bitcoin to alternatives as they have only gone up 1000% not 10000%' is so stupid.

Maciano

Kingfisher
As a HODLer I'm kind of relieved with this correction, if this thing had gone up like the last two weeks it would have forced me to sell some HODLings. I simply don't make enough money right now.

Now I can even buy the dip. After january 1st, the bull-run can safely pick up again. No need to worry. :)

Also, if you're gambling with shitcoins you will now have learned the hard way that alts dump harder than bitcoin.

Road_Less_Taken

Woodpecker
Maciano said:
As a HODLer I'm kind of relieved with this correction, if this thing had gone up like the last two weeks it would have forced me to sell some HODLings. I simply don't make enough money right now.

Now I can even buy the dip. After january 1st, the bull-run can safely pick up again. No need to worry. :)

Also, if you're gambling with shitcoins you will now have learned the hard way that alts dump harder than bitcoin.

You sound like you have an attachment to it. I would much rather be forced to sell my holdings for a profit then hold on to them hoping that I can make more money.

That being said I probably wouldn't sell now there will probably be a relief rally that I would sell into. But then again thats technical analysis!