International travel in light of the coronavirus

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
Via CNN (July 27) article...

The handful of countries still welcoming US tourists
Most of the Caribbean, for example, is open for US tourists. Other countries -- including Mexico, Maldives and Turkey -- aren't exactly welcoming US travelers with open arms (more like a temperature check and a Covid-19 test), but they are allowing visitors to cross their borders for the first time since coronavirus shut down much of the world.

Whether travel to "open" international destinations is responsible or advisable is up to individuals to decide. But it's worth noting that since the pandemic is ongoing, anything can change at any time.

Open to US CitizensOpen with Restrictions to US Citizens
  • Albania
  • Dominican Republic
  • Kosovo
  • Maldives
  • Mexico
  • North Macedonia
  • Serbia
  • Tunisia
  • Turkey
  • Antigua and Barbuda- Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • Aruba- Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours for travelers from 24 US states
  • Barbados- Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Belize- Declaration of no Covid-19 symptoms 72 hours
  • Bermuda- Negative Covid-19 test result within 5 days + $75
  • Cambodia- Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours + $3,000 Covid-19 deposit
  • Croatia- Negative Covid-19 test not older than 48 hours presented on arrival
  • Dominica- Opens August 7, Negative Covid-19 test not older than 72 hours presented on arrival
  • Ecuador- Mandatory 14 day quarantine and negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • Egypt- Negative Covid-19 test result within 48 hours
  • French Polynesia- Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • Ireland- Self-isolate for 14 days
  • Jamaica- Travelers from New York, Florida, Arizona and Texas must have negative test result within 10 days
  • Rwanda- Arrival by private jet or charter only until August 1, then commercial flights will resume
  • St. Barts- Negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours
  • St. Lucia- Negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days
  • St. Maarten- (Opens August 1 — though subject to change)
  • St. Vincent and Grenadines- Covid-19 test on arrival with mandatory 24 hour quarantine while awaiting results
  • Tanzania- Covid-19 tests on arrival are possible
  • Turks and Caicos- (Opens July 22 with restrictions)
  • Ukraine- Download app, test upon arrival, 24 hours self isolation
  • United Arab Emirates- Only Dubai is open, all other Emirates are closed
  • United Kingdom- Self-isolate for 14 days

budoslavic

Owl
Gold Member
U.S. Department of State has just lifted the silly Global Level 4 health Advisory. :rolleyes:

Lifting of Global Level 4 Global Health Advisory

August 6, 2020

On August 6, in close coordination with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of State lifted the Global Level 4 Health Advisory. The Global Advisory, initially put in place on March 19, 2020, advised U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.

With health and safety conditions improving in some countries and potentially deteriorating in others, the Department is returning to our previous system of country-specific levels of travel advice (with Levels from 1-4 depending on country-specific conditions), in order to give travelers detailed and actionable information to make informed travel decisions. This will also provide U.S. citizens more detailed information about the current status in each country. We continue to recommend U.S. citizens exercise caution when traveling abroad due to the unpredictable nature of the pandemic.

U.S. citizens considering traveling abroad should review the entire Travel Advisory for their destination(s) on Travel.State.gov. A full list of recent updates to Travel Advisories can be found here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories.html/.

We are closely monitoring health and safety conditions across the globe, working in partnership with the CDC and other agencies. As always, we will regularly update our destination-specific advice to U.S. travelers as conditions evolve.

Keeping the American public informed of health and safety conditions around the world is key to our broader mission of ensuring the safety and security of U.S. citizens. The Department of State has worked closely with the CDC since the start of the pandemic to align our public messages and travel advice and to keep Americans safe. The Department’s COVID-19 Travel Advisories are informed by CDC’s expert judgement of the health situation as well as other factors related to travel, infrastructure, healthcare resources, and potential closures and restrictions in the country which are important for U.S. citizens to consider.

We encourage U.S. citizens to stay connected with us via Travel.state.gov and through Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/travelgov/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/TravelGov), and to enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (https://step.state.gov/) to receive timely Alerts about evolving health and safety conditions in their planned destinations.

Saul

Chicken
I just came back from Colombia. You have to have a negative Covid test 96 hours within entering the country and register with the Immigration website before you enter and before you leave the country. And hold onto your negative Covid letter, if you are staying less that 14 days. You have to upload it to the immigration website upon leaving the country too.

Saul

Chicken
Masks everywhere..at least in the populated areas. I went to one place that was some small pueblo village on the beach and no one wore anything.

I traveled with my family to Maldives last month and it was our best vacation ever! Such an experience! We just had a quick temperature check in the airport, other than that we passed so easily! People more or less respect the measures and most of them are wearing masks in public places.

Coja Petrus Uscan

Hummingbird
Gold Member
Most places are now requiring a test to travel and the time frames on the test and ability to get them are not great, particularly if you live rural. There are reports of people ordering tests to travel and not getting them until several days after their flight.

So I would recommend:
  • check the flexibility of your chosen flight - some now have free unlimited changes or a standard flexi-booking
  • book the flight if you can get it on good flexi terms
  • book a test at the airport or near it
  • book into a hotel for two days
  • move the booking for your flight as needed or book it as soon as you get your test result
  • fly

aynrus

Pelican
You are seeing the massive decline of globalism and with it international travel is about to become a lot more difficult. Just look at the consolidation in the airline industry- less players and especially with low cost carriers getting out of the way after the current lull prices will skyrocket.
I'm seeing it differently, as a victory of technocratic globalism.
Globalism isn't necessarily about regular Joe crossing the borders, it's about big corporations and right now they are in full lockstep mode robbing and enslaving the people, turning the world into giant digital concentration camp and site of medical experiments, in coordinated attack fashion.
Globalist elites is exactly what this scamdemic coup is about. Davos forum (WEF, globalist leaders forum) is some time in January 2021 I think, and themed "Great Reset". Great Reset = Globalism. For domination of globalism, they don't need Joe crossing the border...they need Joe locked in his place and injected with behavior-control substances (future vaccines), controlled by global corporations.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher

Extremely worrying news.
I just booked a trip that is possibly going to require this test. Actually it may require me to take the test 3 or 4 times over a couple of weeks.
Some airports are charging up to $250 each for this farce. I hear these tests are extremely unpleasant, jabbing something way up your nose close to your brain.

It's methods like this that they will use to force people to take the jab. I even looked into the Russian vaccine already as a way to bypass this. I have a plan to obtain vaccine papers (without the jab), but the mRNA vaccine is not yet available in my area so I can't do that yet.

There is no talk of what happens if you test positive--I can't imagine they will leave you stranded in a foreign country and the other countries will not like that plan either. It seems like it's just another way to ratchet up the pressure (while making some lucrative fees in the meantime). My hope is that Biden will be president then and the pandemic will magically disappear by my departure date.

Max Roscoe

Kingfisher
Just canceled another international trip yesterday. I refuse to travel while my government claims the illegal power to deny me entry to my own country because of a medical test. If I really cared about this country, I would go anyway and challenge this power all the way to the supreme court, but the USA has been a lost cause for probably 2 decades already. There's no saving this ship.

The end goal of this pandemic / lockdown still remains a mystery to me. Honestly by now I thought we would have seen some obvious global realignment, devaluation of the dollar, reorganization of the social order, etc. but it's still unclear what the point of all this was. Maybe it was merely a trial run for what was to come next.

In hindsight 9-11 was a very inconsequential blip in history (I mean the actual event--the repurcussions of the event are huge, in terms of freedom to travel, freedom to operate a business ie the Patriot Act and "Know Your Customer" rules, and of course all the millions of brown people who were murdered). It was but a small event to lead to something much larger, and my best guess of the virus hysteria is either to accustom us to regular vaccinations for population control and compliance and tracking, or simply to test our compliance and see the levels and limits of their control (which were essentially unbounded).

Don Quixote

Woodpecker
Just canceled another international trip yesterday. I refuse to travel while my government claims the illegal power to deny me entry to my own country because of a medical test. If I really cared about this country, I would go anyway and challenge this power all the way to the supreme court, but the USA has been a lost cause for probably 2 decades already. There's no saving this ship.

The end goal of this pandemic / lockdown still remains a mystery to me. Honestly by now I thought we would have seen some obvious global realignment, devaluation of the dollar, reorganization of the social order, etc. but it's still unclear what the point of all this was. Maybe it was merely a trial run for what was to come next.

In hindsight 9-11 was a very inconsequential blip in history (I mean the actual event--the repurcussions of the event are huge, in terms of freedom to travel, freedom to operate a business ie the Patriot Act and "Know Your Customer" rules, and of course all the millions of brown people who were murdered). It was but a small event to lead to something much larger, and my best guess of the virus hysteria is either to accustom us to regular vaccinations for population control and compliance and tracking, or simply to test our compliance and see the levels and limits of their control (which were essentially unbounded).
I think a large part of this that is not discussed as often as Great Reset is that the pandemic puts us into a pre-war setting. I think a big part of this is driven towards inducing WW3. It isolates countries strategically and allows for effective propaganda to be put in place.

The Western allies’ “Defender-Europe 21” includes 30,000 soldiers from 27 countries. One of its goals is to move military units from stations in the US to a potential battlefield site in Europe. All of the countries in the region, except for Serbia, are taking part in the exercise. The Balkan countries are the main areas where the exercise is taking place, but military centers in Germany and the Baltic states are also being used.

Albania, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Romania and Estonia are part of the large territory to hold this major exercise, in addition to other EU countries.

Russia and Serbia are having their own "exercises" in response. Balkans might be the ground zero for world war again.