International travel in light of the coronavirus

Russia and Serbia are having their own "exercises" in response. Balkans might be the ground zero for world war again.

I don't think so, all the western balkans countries are commited to joining EU, and all committed to NATO with exception of Serbia.

Russia didn't interfere in the Balkans wars and there's no reason to believe they'd do anything overt, much less warlike to interfere in the state of affairs of non-EU Balkans now. We can argue about Russia being war-like, but interference in Ukraine and Georgia is far different from interference in the Balkans.

Keep in mind some of the literal borders of Balkans countries were drawn up by the US and NATO.

I don't think so, all the western balkans countries are commited to joining EU, and all committed to NATO with exception of Serbia.

Russia didn't interfere in the Balkans wars and there's no reason to believe they'd do anything overt, much less warlike to interfere in the state of affairs of non-EU Balkans now. We can argue about Russia being war-like, but interference in Ukraine and Georgia is far different from interference in the Balkans.

Keep in mind some of the literal borders of Balkans countries were drawn up by the US and NATO.
You should watch some videos from Peter Zeihan regarding Russia's demographic situation. Key points

-Russias population is in decline and is going to massively restrict soldier supply
-Russias current geography is indefensible from the West due to no natural borders and the border being enormous
-Russia must take points in Eastern Europe in order to shorten it's border to be manageable with its reduced soldier count

If you're interested I'll dig up the video it's pretty interesting

Blade Runner

Pelican
You should watch some videos from Peter Zeihan regarding Russia's demographic situation. Key points

-Russias population is in decline and is going to massively restrict soldier supply
-Russias current geography is indefensible from the West due to no natural borders and the border being enormous
-Russia must take points in Eastern Europe in order to shorten it's border to be manageable with its reduced soldier count

If you're interested I'll dig up the video it's pretty interesting
There's some truth to this but remember, he's a Stratfor trained guy and Friedman is too, that group has it out for Russia. Russia's demographics are still better than the West's and China's even. Also, who is invading anyone at this point? I don't see it happening but maybe after major tech innovation or nuclear weapons have already been used.

I've always like Zeihan, but as a materialist (like most of these analysts) they fail to recognize how resources mean nothing if you don't have a unified nation. Yes Peter, we can mess this up, by corroding from within. It's odd they rarely talk about that, and I think it is because they can't pinpoint that the downfall is American losing its faith and trust in God, so they take for granted that "someone will figure it out" - in that sense he is a libertarian "progressive".

Tippy

Robin
I have a trip booked for Albania this weekend but I am thinking of changing it or delaying it.

I don't know how relaxed I can feel knowing that I'll have to get a test to return and then two more tests in quarantine on arrival.

Maybe it's worth it as a break from the evil UK though. But I don't look at Albania as a place free from all this. It's just at a less advanced stage of this madness.

But the thing that makes me want to leave is this knowledge that maybe this will be my last chance? I could slip this trip in before they get the vax passports through and while testing is still an option.

rainy

Kingfisher
I have a trip booked for Albania this weekend but I am thinking of changing it or delaying it.

I don't know how relaxed I can feel knowing that I'll have to get a test to return and then two more tests in quarantine on arrival.

Maybe it's worth it as a break from the evil UK though. But I don't look at Albania as a place free from all this. It's just at a less advanced stage of this madness.

But the thing that makes me want to leave is this knowledge that maybe this will be my last chance? I could slip this trip in before they get the vax passports through and while testing is still an option.
I'd go because it's probably a good place to get a vax passport without getting the jab....if you know what I mean.

rainy

Kingfisher
I am not planning permanent expatriation, so it doesn't really work as a justification. If I were to move there permanently, I guess that would make sense.
I don't know where you live but in the US as an example, foreign vaccine passports are accepted. Might have to get an official translation though.

Vaccine passports will largely be used to travel outside of the country you got it.

Last edited: