International travel in light of the coronavirus

Brebelle3

Woodpecker
Orthodox Inquirer
Good, I've got a month off in 2 months and Vietnam's on the list to go to, so I'll keep an eye on the situation. The link doesn't work, but can you confirm there is no vaccine requirements to enter venues/vaccine pass?
Sorry brother, I don't know why the links are unable to open from here? I'm GenX, but feel very boomer with computers. ;)

Why Vietnam Now Has The Easiest Entry Requirements In Southeast Asia

Firstly – unlike other nations in Southeast Asia that have also reopened for tourists – Vietnam does not require visitors to present a Covid-19 vaccine certificate, or certificate showing proof of recovery, when entering the country.

Also, there is no requirement to undergo any quarantine, whatsoever.

March 17

• Vietnam reopened for international tourism with the health ministry releasing entry procedures for foreign arrivals. As per the ministry, foreign arrivals need to test negative for the virus prior to arrival in Vietnam and can then travel quarantine free within the country.
  • The Deputy PM also asked the relevant ministries to resume entry, exit, and visa procedures as before the pandemic. The e-visa government website is open for visa submissions

PM me if you end up going. If I make it back there, I'd love to grab a coffee or attend a Liturgy with you. It's tough to find an Orthodox church in Vietnam, but my understanding is there is one in Sai Gon, one in Vung Tau (2 hours from Sai Gon on the ocean), and one in Hanoi (we won't be staying in Hanoi). I believe they are all ROCOR. I'll check with my priest and see if he can confirm or help me find one, because we'll stay within walking distance of the church.

God bless

Last edited:

Max Roscoe

Ostrich
Orthodox Inquirer
The mask rule for planes is set to expire some time in April. I expect it will quietly expire then, but will not be cancelled ahead of time.
Actually I believe it is the day after Easter, a big travel day. Just to punish us one last time.

The question is, will Americans be allowed to freely enter Canada? Without quarantine or proof of vaccination? Canada / US border was the earliest and most severe lockdown of covid, and with others claiming above that Canadians cannot travel in their own country without vaccination, I doubt they would allow Americans to do so.

BeatUpTruck

Robin
Other Christian
I know someone, an older woman actually, that chartered a private helicopter from Toronto to Buffalo. She also had hired a driver with a trailer to drive her stuff to the States simultaneously. She then drove to Mexico by herself.
I was under the impression that you need to be vaxed to get through US customs?

brimby

Sparrow
Orthodox
As I said in the Australian government has gone tyrannical thread it seems Australian Covid biosecurity orders are not being renewed and will expire April 17. Unvaxxed Aussies will be able to leave the country (Still 7 day mandatory on return).

Looks like Canada now has the crown for biggest prison for now.

NoMoreTO

Hummingbird
Catholic
I got invited to a wedding down in Medellin Colombia. A spanish profesora of mine from a couple years back. Really a nice girl who met a german guy, she's already married but they want to have a ceremony in Colombia.

It's in August, I'm about 50-50 on the over under as to whether I'll be able to go, given my pureblood.

brimby

Sparrow
Orthodox
I got invited to a wedding down in Medellin Colombia. A spanish profesora of mine from a couple years back. Really a nice girl who met a german guy, she's already married but they want to have a ceremony in Colombia.

It's in August, I'm about 50-50 on the over under as to whether I'll be able to go, given my pureblood.
Which country are you in?

I got into Colombia just before they put restrictions on unvaxxed entering, and I did not like what I saw. Complete mask compliance indoors and out, vaccine passport restriction (haphazardly applied). Left not long after.

I would imagine the ban on unvaxxed entering Colombia will be removed by August surely with the way the rest of the world is easing. (Same with Brazil and Argentina hopefully).

Viktor Zeegelaar

Crow
Orthodox Inquirer
You don’t get to travel. There’s no paying a fine and trying. They just kick you out.
They check at every entrance of the train, or will it be like going on the train and than having a chance of being kicked off? Trying to understand the gravity of it and the workarounds. I know in Paris for example they'd check everyone before entering.

Tippy

Kingfisher
Other Christian
I am planning to go to Montenegro in a few weeks but very nervous if something extreme happens when I am travelling (such as cyber attack) as I will be alone.

Would be a bit weak to cancel the trip out of paranoia. I suppose this is not a great time to travel.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
I am planning to go to Montenegro in a few weeks but very nervous if something extreme happens when I am travelling (such as cyber attack) as I will be alone.

Would be a bit weak to cancel the trip out of paranoia. I suppose this is not a great time to travel.
I dont mean to pick on you but Ive noticed “fear” is fairly common denominator of your posts. Fear of what your mother thinks, fear of traveling.etc...are you clinically neurotic ? (honest question)

There are only two states to live by. Fear is but one

Theres a reason its been a theme in storytelling since man began telling them

Courage isnt not being afraid to do something whether its the right thing to do or simply what you desire to do. Its being afraid and doing it anyway.

Go to Montenegro. Dont run into traffic blindfolded and youll be fine

Dilated

Woodpecker
Other Christian
Anybody transfer (not leave airport) through Amsterdam Schiphol recently? Appears a vax cert is necessary but the language isn’t clear.