Investing to become a millionaire in 2021

typtre

Robin
Why not a little bit of everything?
I would stay clear of US stocks and bonds though.

George Gammon for finding an expert at all those topics. Jason Hartman for real estate. Real Vision and Macrovoices for the big picture. Mining Stock Education for commodities and natural resources. Rich Dad Radio Show. The International Man, Capitalist Exploits, Sovereign Man and Katusa Research for news letters.

And then what comes next? The leftist woke mania ravaged corporate America. Now we all have to go into the office and support this demonic leftist wokism. If you dare speak out against it, you are the first to go. I am also a middle aged white male, I know I am the last to be hired and the first to be let go. Add in the H-1B visa fraud that is growing by the year, and the mass immigration driving down wages, I am still working for that financial freedom. The financial freedom to actually enjoy my life, my service to Christ without having to mouth woke talking points that crush my soul. The freedom to know I can take vacation time at work and not look over my shoulder hoping that it doesn't put me on a list of "not needed".

I understand your point, that we should not serve wealth, that wealth will not bring us closer to God. But wealth brings us further from the satanic influences ravaging corporate America or from being laid off and having your life destroyed. Worse yet if you have children and your job loss caused them trauma that impacts them for their life.

There is so much truth here. Meritocracy and Natural Law in any sense does not exist in the workplace. There is no incentive to work hard when the game is rigged by feminism and political correctness in the corporate world as well as high taxes/student loans, it's just a waste of a life. I have multiple female managers earning 30%+ more than me and are barely competent but can play the office politics game so can survive for a long time here. Add that with literally weekly emails and meetings on diversity quotas etc. If someone doesn't work in the Corporate World, they wouldn't understand how bad things are. Best to save your money and get out ASAP.

My approach is to build a decent side business and then live a peaceful life in solitude.

There is so much truth here. Meritocracy and Natural Law in any sense does not exist in the workplace. There is no incentive to work hard when the game is rigged by feminism and political correctness in the corporate world as well as high taxes/student loans, it's just a waste of a life. I have multiple female managers earning 30%+ more than me and are barely competent but can play the office politics game so can survive for a long time here. Add that with literally weekly emails and meetings on diversity quotas etc. If someone doesn't work in the Corporate World, they wouldn't understand how bad things are. Best to save your money and get out ASAP.

My approach is to build a decent side business and then live a peaceful life in solitude.
Yes, so very true. And it isn't just about "its not fair", and it certainly is not fair, it is so much bigger than that. 30 years ago, boomers would say "well it isn't fair but we have to suck it up". We are so far past that point now.

I would be so happy if it was only just not fair, or someone incompetent got promoted and paid more than me. If I could still have some job security, and a decent paycheck, and be treated like a man at work, I would too suck it up and just live with it.

It is now that I will be expected to do my, and other's work, and at the same time know that not only will I be passed over, I will be the first to be let go due to being a white male. And if I am let go, I will be one of the last hired due to being a white male. And this is after I am treated like garbage by young women and other co-workers. Whether it is them giving me weird looks because I might be a threat, to them outright screaming and blaming me for anything and everything. In the office it isn't nearly as bad, but at my side gigs it is reaching levels I never thought to see, and I can sense it getting worse month by month.

If I were to actually speak up and defend myself, I would be likely to lose my job or at a minimum have a complaint filed against me. It matters not who was in the right, it is just another excuse to get rid of me and hire more diversity.

It is soul crushing. But it pays the bills and it slowly will buy me freedom from the migraines I receive and being exhausted and the other affects.

And the biggest reason of all to build wealth is that if it is THIS bad in 2021, how bad will it be by 2045. If I do have children, I don't want them to have to face this existence. I want to pass on as much to them as I can so they can avoid being treated this way. I am so blessed to be as old as I am, because the fact is that as bad as it is, I am at the end of this journey. So I too actually missed out on a lot of the worst of it.

Papaya

Peacock
Gold Member
Having wealth is better than not having wealth. Thats a certainty IMO.

But the "freedom" it provides is likely different than what you imagine.

I remember when I sold my first company (Ive built and sold 3) that there was an immediate shift in awareness from pure "offense" to "offense and defense". In other words while I was building that first business it was strictly full speed ahead. The second time while I was no longer personally "starving" I distinctly remember being more risk aware.

Once you acquire wealth you now have to consciously defend it: tax strategies, asset protection, trusts, etc.

Yes having money is better than not having money and provides certain freedoms but having a lot to lose is in of itself another form of bondage

Contemplate purchasing an existing business. Some of them have incredible profit margins and you might see the cost recuperated in a year or two.

There are many blue oceans because the owner is out of touch and does not realize that his seemingly dead end company (like a book making company), has enormous market potential were he to exploit the correct audience. Most owners do not understand the incredible potential inherent to emergent social markets and the fact that this applies to all industries, even those that are supposedly outmoded. We are living in a time when people can monetize homesteading, not even doing anything for someone else, but just doing it for themselves and recording videos every day.

Youtube performers have food and clothing brands. Online personalities sell newly printed books that have identical copies sitting on dusty shelves at old book stores. The way that business was being done is what is obsolete, not businesses themselves. You can take almost any functioning business that produces a product and take advantage of the new market with a little bit of creativity.

Lots of interesting companies that have active clientele are up for cheap because they kids didn't want to follow in dad's footsteps and selling the business for a lot less than what it is worth will get better returns than offering it upon the liquidator's alter.

rainy

Kingfisher
Some of the happiest guys I come across are blue collar business owners we work next to. Lighting & irrigation, masonry, contractors, builders/developers and lawn applicators. They're outside most of the time, there's no women around, you talk and say whatever you like and most are making six figures in service industries which are in high demand.

Actually, all the industries I'm connected with have benefited immensely from COVID. More people at home working remotely and less international travel means far more investment in home improvement. Last summer/fall when many were jobless you couldn't even find someone to build a pool because all the builders were booked thru winter due to demand. They were killing it. And now they're already booked thru summer.

Sure it isn't glamorous. But we're not stuck in offices. We're a world away from any PC BS.

May not make you a millionaire but I've suggested on this site a few months back to look into the opportunity of buying a blue collar service business with an intact client roster from a retiring boomer. There's many in their sixties looking to cash out. And the clients and infrastructure is already there. And you can get creative in buying with a down payment and a % of profit year on year.

One area of opportunity is with the employee landscape moving to permanently working remotely, they will invest in home improvement services. Just a thought....

Some of the happiest guys I come across are blue collar business owners we work next to. Lighting & irrigation, masonry, contractors, builders/developers and lawn applicators. They're outside most of the time, there's no women around, you talk and say whatever you like and most are making six figures in service industries which are in high demand.

May not make you a millionaire but I've suggested on this site a few months back to look into the opportunity of buying a blue collar service business with an intact client roster from a retiring boomer. There's many in their sixties looking to cash out. And the clients and infrastructure is already there. And you can get creative in buying with a down payment and a % of profit year on year.
A thousand times this. Reminds me of this old wranglerstar video: