Votes: 21 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I am an A.I demon

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

ginsu

Woodpecker
Something that's been mentioned here and there on the forum already but I'd like to start a discussion about A.I since it will play an ever growing role in our lives in the coming years

It's starting of as simple tools now, copywriting, image creation etc. but the implications of this tech becoming more advanced are quite worrisome

There is also a website where an A.I creates images that resemble portrait photographs of people, you would never suspect that this is not a real photo of a real person but they are completely A.I generated

the creepy thing about it is that if you keep refreshing to create new pictures they start to appear very un human more demonic ( as far as I'm told, I didn't want that in my head ). I can send you the link in private if you have the stomach to look at this type of thing

So A.I an attempt from Satanists to create a portal or vessel for demons ?, or just a tool that will improve our lives ?

Elipe

Kingfisher

I'll repost my post from there:
That's not how AI works, or at least, sufficiently advanced AI. That kind of thing would involve some machine learning models, and the thing about machine learning AIs is that they tend to be black boxes. It's very difficult to analyze exactly what a ML model "knows" because a ML model isn't based on principles, it's just based on a mathematical model of chains of inputs/outputs that align with a desired goal. To use an example, consider a ML model that learned how to play a Mario video game. It doesn't know what Mario is, it doesn't know what "enemies" are, it doesn't know what jumping means, or any of that stuff. It's literally nothing that you can really analyze in terms of learning principles from. It just knows that when it simulates a button press or a joystick push when given certain stimulating inputs, it gets better results.

AI doesn't work in terms of principles, like "dying in a Mario game is bad", it just works in terms of "oh, pressing that button at this time caused me to fail the simulation, that has been noted for next time". And then it repeats that process millions of times. That neural model gets massive, and teasing it apart to try to find the principles is a task that just won't be possible.

It's why AI actually sucks now, because when they turn the AIs loose, the AIs end up figuring out inconvenient truths from data that (((they))) really don't like getting out. Like for example, Amazon had that little trouble with its hiring AI figuring out that hiring men generally brought better work performance, so they just took it offline. Same with Microsoft and some of its AIs. I think Google had a similar mishap at one point too because it kept associating black people with gorillas.

They just take those AIs offline because there's really no way to make a good AI that operates on denying statistical reality. The problem there is that if they build an AI that, for example, prefers hiring women to men, it really does no better than just having a human HR director do the same thing. If anything, it actually performs (((their))) goal worse than a human would, because the AI wouldn't be subject to things like bribery or unprincipled exceptions.

They can't just "fix" those AIs, because there's nothing to fix. They whine that AI is "unconsciously" racist and sexist, but that's just how the real world data plays out. And they can't just go rummaging around in the ML models because again, it's all numbers that don't make any sense to humans. And if they try to build some rigged models using fake data, the problem there is that they're using fake data, and that renders the AI next to useless. And even if that worked out, they're going to want an AI that also adapts over time when it's released into the wild, but again, the problem is that the wild isn't fake.

kel

Ostrich
The problem with AI, in my opinion, is that it actually won't be so great or powerful, but people will treat it as though it is - it will be promoted as the oracle, the messiah of scientism, something finally fair and equitable, and questioning it, it's outcomes, or the motivations of those promoting it will make you a "denier" of the same caliber as someone who questions lockdowns, global warming, the food pyramid, or any other number of scientism's obvious failures.

I can't comment on "demonic"ness, but it will be worshipped as an idol and that is problematic regardless of any actual metaphysical malice you want to ascribe to it.

Elipe

Kingfisher
The problem with AI, in my opinion, is that it actually won't be so great or powerful, but people will treat it as though it is - it will be promoted as the oracle, the messiah of scientism, something finally fair and equitable, and questioning it, it's outcomes, or the motivations of those promoting it will make you a "denier" of the same caliber as someone who questions lockdowns, global warming, the food pyramid, or any other number of scientism's obvious failures.

I can't comment on "demonic"ness, but it will be worshipped as an idol and that is problematic regardless of any actual metaphysical malice you want to ascribe to it.
This. We already see this with "the computer model says it, so it must be true!" IFLS fetishism.

When in reality, it's just garbage in, garbage out (GIGO) tuned to mass psychosis.

Mr.S

Chicken
Technology has always been simply an opportunity for humans to show whether they are righteous or unrighteous. For thousands of years new technology has been used to kill people and bring us further from God - which is why some sects like the Amish shun technology. But technology also gives us the opportunity to be closer to God by freeing up our minds from the monotony of survival (what we must do to live) so that we may ask the questions of how to live - which are answered in the Bible.

Ted blamed industrial society for the degeneracy of Western culture, but I think the problem was not technology- but rather how people react when you give them enough time that they can think. When your focus is no longer on survival you can become a philosopher or a hedonist - the choice is yours. And most people are not philosophers.

Unfortunately unimpeded capitalism has made its best effort to replace that time for thinking, with more work and a higher output of products. This tends to focus weaker minds towards materialism and away from God, because they get swept up in the social forces that encourage capitalistic hedonism. So without spiritual development, and with the production and consumption of material wealth taking a greater share of their attention, these people are lost in pleasure chasing and surrogate activities.

The biggest threat of technology is that every advancement we make speeds up the rate of subsequent advancements, increases the potency of the power at our disposal, and that in turn increases the negative consequences of the misuse of that power. It took thousands of years to go from the Bronze Age to the industrial Revolution. Meanwhile it only took a few decades from first flight to the Moon landing. Or from the discovery of radiation to the atomic bomb. We are quickly outrunning our margin with technological advancements and with AI things can happen faster than we’ll be able to manage.

All in all, AI and things like miniature computers in human brains, alternate reality, is all just like any other prior technology - it can be used righteously or unrighteously. Of course avoiding it altogether is the safe route, but the problems AI will create I believe will likely be the projections of human problems. I believe by giving us intellect, it was God’s will to present us with this challenge/opportunity and it will be a test of character.

JackAn

Pigeon
iu

No, but it is being promoted by people who are wicked and have bad intentions. They intend to use AI for dehumanizing and debased purposes and to further degrade the quality and value of human life.

Blade Runner

Pelican
Technology has always been simply an opportunity for humans to show whether they are righteous or unrighteous. For thousands of years new technology has been used to kill people and bring us further from God - which is why some sects like the Amish shun technology. But technology also gives us the opportunity to be closer to God by freeing up our minds from the monotony of survival (what we must do to live) so that we may ask the questions of how to live - which are answered in the Bible.

Ted blamed industrial society for the degeneracy of Western culture, but I think the problem was not technology- but rather how people react when you give them enough time that they can think. When your focus is no longer on survival you can become a philosopher or a hedonist - the choice is yours. And most people are not philosophers.

Unfortunately unimpeded capitalism has made its best effort to replace that time for thinking, with more work and a higher output of products. This tends to focus weaker minds towards materialism and away from God, because they get swept up in the social forces that encourage capitalistic hedonism. So without spiritual development, and with the production and consumption of material wealth taking a greater share of their attention, these people are lost in pleasure chasing and surrogate activities.

The biggest threat of technology is that every advancement we make speeds up the rate of subsequent advancements, increases the potency of the power at our disposal, and that in turn increases the negative consequences of the misuse of that power. It took thousands of years to go from the Bronze Age to the industrial Revolution. Meanwhile it only took a few decades from first flight to the Moon landing. Or from the discovery of radiation to the atomic bomb. We are quickly outrunning our margin with technological advancements and with AI things can happen faster than we’ll be able to manage.

All in all, AI and things like miniature computers in human brains, alternate reality, is all just like any other prior technology - it can be used righteously or unrighteously. Of course avoiding it altogether is the safe route, but the problems AI will create I believe will likely be the projections of human problems. I believe by giving us intellect, it was God’s will to present us with this challenge/opportunity and it will be a test of character.
Post of the day my man.

chuck-norris-thumbs-up-dodgeball-gif.gif

Sherman

Ostrich
I worked in AI for several years in a research institute. There really hasn’t been any big breakthrough in AI. It is actually just computer programming tricks tailored to specific domains. For example, natural language translation becomes better and better through domain specific improvements. Likewise, robotics is a whole different domain requiring different techniques. The same for image processing. There is no general program that can solve any problem like a human. Big data also increases the power of what any computer program can do. I worked before “deep learning” which is the current most advanced area of research.

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker

This.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with AI.

However, Holy Scripture tells us that 'the heart of man is desperately wicked above all things.' Technology generally amplifies evil; just look at the nuclear bomb, Birth Control Pills, the Deep State, pharmaceuticals, etc.

I wonder if Andrew Yang's AI revolution future will spell a massive spiritual threat in the form of sloth, gluttony and wrath. As noted above by Mr. S people have a tendency to deviate into wrongness when freed from the labor of living. So what happens if the AI revolution actually renders vast swathes of human labor obsolete? We can be damn sure that there will be no commensurate reduction in population to bring it back into line with society's needs. That leaves us with a vast pool of people who not only don't work, but for whom work doesn't exist to perform even if so inclined. So how do these people occupy themselves? I think the modern urban ghetto already provides us with an answer. AI's great transformation upon society will be widespread ghettoification.

aynrus

Pelican
Something that's been mentioned here and there on the forum already but I'd like to start a discussion about A.I since it will play an ever growing role in our lives in the coming years

It's starting of as simple tools now, copywriting, image creation etc. but the implications of this tech becoming more advanced are quite worrisome

There is also a website where an A.I creates images that resemble portrait photographs of people, you would never suspect that this is not a real photo of a real person but they are completely A.I generated

the creepy thing about it is that if you keep refreshing to create new pictures they start to appear very un human more demonic ( as far as I'm told, I didn't want that in my head ). I can send you the link in private if you have the stomach to look at this type of thing

So A.I an attempt from Satanists to create a portal or vessel for demons ?, or just a tool that will improve our lives ?

I have a degree in Computer Science, my father was a CS professor/researcher in a top school and yes, AI is absolutely demonic, evil thing.
Ted was completely right about technology.
There're actually Satanists that worship computers, it's not a widely publicized thing. Some of them are confused goth kids, but others are powerful individuals I don't need to name.
Look forward to more Amish-like life, I visit Amish a lot.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
This is like asking if math is demonic, because as of now that’s all AI and machine learning really is.
I'm afraid that Ted, as mathematician, would heavily disagree with you.

AI isn't the same as just Math.
Mathematicians hate computer scientists, by the way.
My math professor used to know Ted, to recall.

aynrus

Pelican
To add, Math is study of God's laws. It's pure and no attempt of human to rise over what's above humans.

A lot of Computer Science, especially AI, is a human attempt to construct Babylon tower as a direct challenge to God.
It's an attempt to create artificial life and mind, what human is not allowed to do by design (similar to genetic engineering/GMO)
The initial ideas might have been noble, but after the 90s it all escalated into pure evil dumpster fire and now enslavement of humans and making of "smartphone generations" that are detached from real life and the end of human race as we know it.

Theoretical mathematicians are usually bright people and computer scientists are mostly worldly people with limited/narrow mind capacity (yet like to feel superior over everyone else, with no grounds for this), with lots of greed in this profession too.

I had a computer science professor, avid atheist, who expressed all these ideas directly; in general, there's a belief in human superiority over everything, including over Nature and God, that tends to run in this profession.
Why do you think the "tech elite" is doing what they're doing and things that are happening in Silicon Valley are happening? There's a reason...
Mathematicians were never up to this level of destruction of society via tech and AI.

By the way, the father of Computer Science and AI, Alan Turing, was chemically castrated in the UK for homosexuality, which was a crime back then, and then he killed himself as a result....there's some twisted stuff that follows this engineering field, definitely. Looks like Turing is having his revenge now.

Last edited:

Mountaineer

Pelican
Gold Member
If it's 'thinking' for itself and wasn't created by God it's demonic.

I had a computer science professor, avid atheist, who expressed all these ideas directly; in general, there's a belief in human superiority over everything, including over Nature and God, that tends to run in this profession.
Why do you think the "tech elite" is doing what they're doing and things that are happening in Silicon Valley are happening? There's a reason...
Mathematicians were never up to this level of destruction of society via tech and AI.
There is a word for it: anthropocentrism. It always leads to failure and destruction.

Last edited:

aynrus

Pelican
More regarding AI, just an example of their thinking....that avid atheist CS professor argued with me that computer science and engineering was Art. I told him it could not be equated to Art, Art required soul and human emotion. He simply couldn't understand this, neither could understand why Art created by a human was any different from "art" created by a program. They will replace every living soul with a robot, if allowed to.
Must scrap that metal, burn it down, limit the internet, enact laws against expansion of AI use, protect human value, jobs, human contact. Further proliferation of these technologies and children's exposure to them should be limited.
Unfortunately, it won't be possible while the global arms race is happening, as more technologically advanced nation will dominate others via military tech, so it's a runaway race to the bottom so far.

Last edited:

Eusebius Erasmus

Woodpecker
More regarding AI, just an example of their thinking....that avid atheist CS professor argued with me that computer science and engineering was Art. I told him it could not be equated to Art, Art required soul and human emotion. He simply couldn't understand this, neither could understand why Art created by a human was any different from "art" created by a program. They will replace every living soul with a robot, if allowed to.
Must scrap that metal, burn it down, limit the internet, enact laws against expansion of AI use, protect human value, jobs, human contact. Further proliferation of these technologies and children's exposure to them should be limited.
Unfortunately, it won't be possible while the global arms race is happening, as more technologically advanced nation will dominate others via military tech, so it's a runaway race to the bottom so far.
It certainly sounds like the way AI is being used is demonic, based on what you’ve written.

However, is the technology intrinsically demonic? Sounds to me like it has the potential to be used for good or evil.

I worked in AI for several years in a research institute. There really hasn’t been any big breakthrough in AI. It is actually just computer programming tricks tailored to specific domains. For example, natural language translation becomes better and better through domain specific improvements. Likewise, robotics is a whole different domain requiring different techniques. The same for image processing. There is no general program that can solve any problem like a human. Big data also increases the power of what any computer program can do. I worked before “deep learning” which is the current most advanced area of research.

This may change things:

This.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with AI.

However, Holy Scripture tells us that 'the heart of man is desperately wicked above all things.' Technology generally amplifies evil; just look at the nuclear bomb, Birth Control Pills, the Deep State, pharmaceuticals, etc.
I think the reason God hasn't granted man any more powers than he has is because of the capacity for evil even fantasy fiction underestimates.