Is Greta Thunberg being abused by her globalist handlers?

Slide-Rule

Sparrow
Greta should marry a decent man who has a good career, growing savings and investment account(s), and have a few kids.

She would be a far better role model for young women across the West by doing that.

She can tell her kids, "Like everyone, mommy was a little crazy in her youth..."

monsquid

Kingfisher
Greta should marry a decent man who has a good career, growing savings and investment account(s), and have a few kids.

She would be a far better role model for young women across the West by doing that.

She can tell her kids, "Like everyone, mommy was a little crazy in her youth..."
Her family is rich. (mom was a celebrity) She doesn't need to marry anyone for support. Probably what enables her.

I've always found the hate directed towards her to be a misguided thing. If you can't see that she's been raised to be this way by sick people, you're viewing reality through a half pregnant state; meaning a fantasy land. The same people who will throw such vitriol into the air are quick to wax poetical on the suffering of child stars, and rightfully so - but that compassion should apply here too.

kel

Ostrich
I have sympathy for her, as an individual, but there's nothing I, kel, can do for Greta as an individual and Greta the corporate mascot is a far more poisonous element to me, my family, and my life than my "hate" is to her and her life. I don't feel bad about "hating" Ronald McDonald, either, you know?

Peacock
Gold Member
She's also an adult now, 18yo, even though she still looks like a little girl because she's got some form or retardation as well as being a long term malnourished anorexic.

While she's somewhat not as responsible due to her mental state and upbringing, she's still a very destructive force, as a symbol of policies that are going to lead to the impoverishment and economic enslavement of literally billions of people across the world, including children. She is pushing a very destructive, evil agenda, hence the hate for her persona.

kel

Ostrich
I don't hate her, hence the scare quotes. To be honest whenever someone starts talking about hate my bullshit detector goes off, it's a criticism of (someone's perception of) my attitude rather than the situation at hand. I agree that the focus on Greta herself is a bad look, but of course that's the point in the first place, they picked this emotionally, intellectually, and physically stunted girl to be a human shield for any critque of bureaucratic nonsense. "C'mon man, you'll hurt the feelings of this scared abused girl if you don't accept the politics and worldview of her cokehead mom who made her scared and unhealthy in the first place". Blech.

She has no power. Her handlers deserve to be exposed and criticized for what they are, but acting like Greta is some power broker on the world stage is missing the shot by country miles. I don't spend much time dwelling on the "situation at hand", or take it at face value because Christ himself acknowledged the weight of symbolism. You can argue based on attitude, or you can argue based on the stage play.