Is homeopathy real?

Rob Banks

Pelican
I am dealing with some health issues, and I recently had a consultation over Skype with a doctor from my country in South America who prescribed me homeopathic medication.

This doctor is not a leftist or a tree-hugging hippie. Quite the opposite. She is in her 60s, has 8 grown children and lots of grandchildren, is a devout Catholic, is the leader of an anti-abortion activist group, and travels around Latin America giving interviews and doing debates (mainly about abortion but also about other topics, such as the false coronavirus pandemic and the danger of vaccines). She is highly educated and very aware of a lot of topics we talk about on this forum, such as the influence of people like Bill Gates, the Rockefellers, and the Rothschilds and their agenda of depopulation and sterilization, as well as the value and necessity of traditional sexual morality and faith in God. A lot of her medical opinions and ideas are very much opposed to the conventional wisdom of mainstream medicine.

Her name is Dr. Chinda Brandolino. For anyone who speaks Spanish, you can search her name on Youtube and tons of videos will come up. Here and here are parts 1 and 2 of a speech she gave in Mexico concerning abortion. I would actually like to one day add English subtitles to some of her videos and post them on the forum, but it would be very time-consuming and I haven't had a chance to do it.

Anyway, she prescribed me homeopathic medication, which I always thought was bulls**t, but now that it was prescribed to me by someone who seems to have such based ideas on so many other aspects of life (including God and faith), I am questioning whether or not maybe homeopathy might have some validity.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
Despite being vilified and persecuted under law by big-pharma, homeopathy can be the real deal. But like all forms of medicine it's only as good as the practitioner. And remember, the reference is only as good as the person giving it. There's no shortage of cult mentality among alternative-anything.

KYT88

Robin
As a child I was always treated homeopathically, the pills were always sweet and the drops were mildly alcohol tasting. Only had one vaccine as a baby and then if I had any illness was just given homeopathic remedies. Only use Arnica cream now for bruises.

Oh and hypericum stings like hell when dropped into a cut.

What did she prescribe?

Rob Banks

Pelican
Sulphur, Nux Vomica, and Ipeca (I'm not even sure what these medications are so maybe they have different names in English).

From what I've read and heard about homeopathy, it appears to be BS.

From Wikipedia:
Homeopathic preparations are termed remedies and are made using homeopathic dilution. In this process, a chosen substance is repeatedly and thoroughly diluted. The final product is chemically indistinguishable from the diluent, which is usually either distilled water, ethanol or sugar; often, not even a single molecule of the original substance can be expected to remain in the product.
Then again, I always thought homeopathy was some hippie tree-hugger BS practiced by poorly-educated quack "healers," but this woman, in addition to being a Christian and being very aware of globohomo propaganda, seems to have a very solid understanding of medicine and only disagrees with mainstream doctors when they go against Christian values and the Hippocratic Oath.

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member
You're wading into an impossibly murky field, here.

Many forms of alternative medicine are not allowed to either make claims of efficacy or openly refute studies that claim a lack of efficacy due to the way state and federal laws have made it illegal to make such claims (unless you're on board with big-pharma). These laws were ostensibly drafted to put snake-oil salesmen out of business but for the last 50 years or more have been used to squash every natural remedy your grandparents grandparents used to great effect for generations.

For example there is a salve that a man here produces locally and it not only gets rid of a rash or eczema better than anything a chemist will sell, it also speeds the recovery of open wounds, grazes and prevents infection. It's been handed down through his family for generations but as of a few decades ago he was shut down by our version of the FDA. He now produces the salve for use on animals (though anyone in the know still buys it for human use) but due to the fact that it can't be marketed for humans it has been reduced to a niche product and short of a societal collapse it will never financially warrant being produced as anything other than a hobby to keep a tradition alive.

There are no guarantees when it comes to alternative medicine. Wikipedia can slander alternative medicine and if alternative medicine defends itself then its defenders can be charged with making a false claim about the efficacy of their product or service. But the proof is in the pudding. If you go to your doctor and ask about homeopathic medicine then he'll probably give you the same story wikipedia is giving. That it's nothing but sugar water. Then ask him "well then it won't hurt to keep taking this sugarwater in conjunction with whatever you prescribe me, right?"

Watch him start shifting uncomfortably in his seat and begin qualifying the definition of sugarwater.

Last edited:

KYT88

Robin
I’ve only had Nux Vomica for if I was throwing up, not the other ones. Can’t remember if it worked, but I’m sure that having faith in what your parents give you will have the desired effects can work in a placebo effect. If you are having gastro issues you should expect it to help.

Rob Banks

Pelican
Well, if I know it's a placebo and not real (assuming that is the case), then that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

bucky

Hummingbird
Other Christian
My wife used to be pretty into homeopathy back in her home country in Central America. I didn't know much about it but got suspicious when her homeopathic doctor misdiagnosed her as pregnant not once, but twice. Most of what I've read about it says it's pure quackery and I've steered her away from it.

Oz.

Pelican
I don't have much knowledge on homeopathy, but, the farmer I buy all my food from uses it on his animals. Never injects them with antibiotics or raises them with conventional feed, just the animals natural diet. It is the highest quality animal food I have ever bought in the states.

The farmer is a family man with a wife and two children, very friendly and is also devout catholic.

joost

Pelican
James Randi explains:

If alternative medicine were proven to be effective, it wouldn't be alternative, just medicine. Like social justice ain't justice, political correct ain't correct...

Homeopathy is placebo. It might work for many.

Batman_

Kingfisher
Well, if I know it's a placebo and not real (assuming that is the case), then that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

If you know something is BS before trying it for the first time, it is indeed very hard to get the placebo effect. Maybe its a good idea to try new things blindly and with good faith in a positive outcome. Even if you later find out its bunk, the placebo still works if the connection was previously established in your mind.

Rob Banks

Pelican
James Randi explains:

If alternative medicine were proven to be effective, it wouldn't be alternative, just medicine. Like social justice ain't justice, political correct ain't correct...

You mean James Randi the atheist and devout Obama supporter?

Leonard D Neubache

Owl
Gold Member

We know the science is correct the same way we now know that that there are 37 genders and the healthiest food for you is whatever the USDA is running a surplus of this year.

"Proven correct" is whatever the oligarchy says it is. People knew to use willow bark to alleviate pain for centuries. Then pharmaceutical companies copied the effect and once it came in pill form then suddenly "WiLlOW BaRk FoR PaIn? LoL AlTeRnAtIvE MeDiCiNe Is A hOaX!!1!"

Rob Banks

Pelican
OK, but homeopathy is not some traditional medicine or cure that has been round for millennia. It was created in 1796 by German doctor Samuel Hahnemann (at least according to Wikipedia).

I am dealing with some health issues, and I recently had a consultation over Skype with a doctor from my country in South America who prescribed me homeopathic medication.

This doctor is not a leftist or a tree-hugging hippie. Quite the opposite. She is in her 60s, has 8 grown children and lots of grandchildren, is a devout Catholic, is the leader of an anti-abortion activist group, and travels around Latin America giving interviews and doing debates (mainly about abortion but also about other topics, such as the false coronavirus pandemic and the danger of vaccines). She is highly educated and very aware of a lot of topics we talk about on this forum, such as the influence of people like Bill Gates, the Rockefellers, and the Rothschilds and their agenda of depopulation and sterilization, as well as the value and necessity of traditional sexual morality and faith in God. A lot of her medical opinions and ideas are very much opposed to the conventional wisdom of mainstream medicine.

Her name is Dr. Chinda Brandolino. For anyone who speaks Spanish, you can search her name on Youtube and tons of videos will come up. Here and here are parts 1 and 2 of a speech she gave in Mexico concerning abortion. I would actually like to one day add English subtitles to some of her videos and post them on the forum, but it would be very time-consuming and I haven't had a chance to do it.

Anyway, she prescribed me homeopathic medication, which I always thought was bulls**t, but now that it was prescribed to me by someone who seems to have such based ideas on so many other aspects of life (including God and faith), I am questioning whether or not maybe homeopathy might have some validity.

When I was very young (~7 years old), I suffered the occassional, but fairly severe asthma attack. I was given homeopathic medicine and within 4-5 months, my attacks decreased and eventually went away.

A few possibilities to consider:
A. I naturally outgrew asthma
B. I started playing soccer around this time, so perhaps my lungs became stronger
C. Placebo
D. Maybe the meds worked

I guess I'll never know why my asthma went away, but if western medicine isn't addressing your issue, then why not give it a shot? Assuming there are no side effects. At worst case, even if it's a placebo, the desired outcome has been achieved.

Keep an open mind and good luck to you.

Rob Banks

Pelican
I used to get asthma attacks when I was a little kid whenever I had a bad cold or flu. I would have trouble breathing and my parents would run the shower on hot and have me breathe the steam, which seemed to help a little. I even had an inhaler at one point.

However, I outgrew it naturally and I haven't had an asthma attack since I was like 10 or something.

When I was litte I often would become sick on long car drives. Eventually my mother gave me homeopathic pills and I never had to puke again. But I didn`t knew they were homeopathic. Then in eight grade I did a presentation about homeopathy and came to the conclusion that it is bullshit and the placebo effect did work for me. Still I heard it does work on farm animals.

I am now more open to alternative medicine than my eight grade "enlightened" self, but I still do not trust it. The logic behind it seems faulty. Say you want something against vomiting. You take a plant that make you vomit and dilute it with water. Sometimes to such a degree that nothing is left. Why would that work?

In Germany homeopathy is big and in my opinion just a way to extract money from gullible people.

The field of medicine itself is an alternative itself, and far inferior to what comes with a natural understanding of the human body and our relation to everything that grows on this earth. There are quacks in every profession, but for those of you questioning, is it not clearly obvious that the mainstream industry derails and abuses every other approach to healing other than through its 'system'? Homeopathy is a subset of methods of treating people that isn't built on siphoning life force and resources from the people it helps. Chronic disease has never been more prevalent in human history at this point and for some reason people masturbate to "our achievements in medicine" because what they see is just a more streamlined, automatic, almost non-stop process of sick-->check in-->get examined --> get treatment --> leave. What they don't see (or choose to ignore blatantly) is how it is a rigid, structured system that allows for very little outside standardized procedure, and that overall, has caused more deaths than lives it has saved. Even physical therapy was derailed for decades until it too could be cleverly incorporated into healthcare programs etc. I myself had several conditions alleviated through naturopathy, but I was adamant and overzealous almost in my approach to healing, most 'providers' take a lackluster enthusiasm to truly helping people.

Also, much of the pre-medicine healing fields have been tainted and defunded to such an extreme that sometimes only quacks with approval from the AMA are allowed to practice in continual efforts to destroy what trust people have left in methods outside of allopathic medicine and pharmacology.