Is it time to jump ship as things won't return to normal until late 2021?

Amwolf

Pigeon
I've recently learned that under the newest projections, officials are now saying that things aren't going to return to normal in the United States until the end of next year. I assume that the draconian laws will be pushed by most jurisdictions until this matter has run its course. As someone who hasn't worn a mask or abided to any of the Coronavirus laws, this news is infuriating and disheartening. I believe that wearing a mask is a form of submission and the mark of the beast (Pastor Chuck Baldwin has a great piece on this and why Christians should reject this nonsense from a biblical perspective). Nonetheless, I've largely avoided people and interactions since this "pandemic" has taken hold of our country. So much has changed with how people interact, succumbing to fear, and the increased political polarization.

With that being said, is it time to jump ship until things return to normal? Personally, I can't deal with this much longer and yearn for somewhere abroad that's more free in the interim.

With that being said, is it time to jump ship until things return to normal? Personally, I can't deal with this much longer and yearn for somewhere abroad that's more free in the interim.
During the 1960s and 70s certainly things seemed worse or that they couldn't get worse - inflation, oil wars, civil and racial unrest (in many ways that was the overture for what is happening today) . We far from live in the 'worst' time in history - its just as Americans (and Europeans) we have known relative peace and stability for a generation or two - and during that time, nefarious globalist forces have been seeking to undermine that stability and the values that made it possible.

So my answer is I doubt some 'black swan' event will will happen in the US that will lead say, Weimer like conditions or even 1917 conditions - but we are on a long, steady slide to get to those conditions. I thought the US republic would last until the close of this century, now I doubt it will last my expected lifetime.

Personally, I can't deal with this much longer and yearn for somewhere abroad that's more free in the interim.
Two things here.

Firstly, where exactly are you going to go? I was quick enough to order and receive my passport around 60 days before the whole thing started, thinking I was smart and ahead of the game. Too bad at the current moment, it's literally largely useless. Your passport isn't worth shit anymore.

800px-USA_Travel_Restrictions_from_COVID-19.svg.png

Look at that map, it's literally the entire world at the moment. The only places people are going right now are not really where you want to anyway.

Mexico is a de-facto narco state. Ecuador is a third-world country. Ireland & UK are collapsing dumpster fires.

I am currently located near Tampa, FL and i've come to one single conclusion. I'm in my early 20s and this whole situation has motivated me harder than any of the knocks I've ever received in my life. Now is NOT the time to try and make your move. It's the time to double down on your work, literally do twice the amount of work you'd normally do, and weather through the storm.

Eventually, they will release the restrictions despite some panic I've seen here saying it will never happen. Granted, I expect things not to return to normal for 1-3 years at least.

Secondly, if you already had plans to Expat abroad, you should have pulled the trigger before this happened. I am still planning on transferring via my company to a position in Singapore in a couple years, even though I SHOULD HAVE pulled the trigger last year.

This is a wake up call. You do NOT want to be stuck in the third world, and if you get stuck in Asia, you better have some sort of permanent foundation that is stronger than a tourist visa. In a few years, Asia is going to be kicking out most of the backpacker and ESL crowd.

Thailand already used this chance to do just that. Not long until Vietnam does the same.

I fully expect "expatting" to return to the place it had in the 1950s. Only the well off, the connected, and the highly skilled will be able to do it from now on. If you're aren't abroad already, you're better off putting your head down and getting serious at home.

Last edited:

FullThrottleTX

Woodpecker
Two things here.

Firstly, where exactly are you going to go? I was quick enough to order and receive my passport around 60 days before the whole thing started, thinking I was smart and ahead of the game. Too bad at the current moment, it's literally largely useless. Your passport isn't worth shit anymore.

Look at that map, it's literally the entire world at the moment. The only places people are going right now are not really where you want to anyway.

Mexico is a de-facto narco state. Ecuador is a third-world country. Ireland & UK are collapsing dumpster fires.

I am currently located near Tampa, FL and i've come to one single conclusion. I'm in my early 20s and this whole situation has motivated me harder than any of the knocks I've ever received in my life. Now is NOT the time to try and make your move. It's the time to double down on your work, literally do twice the amount of work you'd normally do, and weather through the storm.

Eventually, they will release the restrictions despite some panic I've seen here saying it will never happen. Granted, I expect things not to return to normal for 1-3 years at least.

Secondly, if you already had plans to Expat abroad, you should have pulled the trigger before this happened. I am still planning on transferring via my company to a position in Singapore in a couple years, even though I SHOULD HAVE pulled the trigger last year.

This is a wake up call. You do NOT want to be stuck in the third world, and if you get stuck in Asia, you better have some sort of permanent foundation that is stronger than a tourist visa. In a few years, Asia is going to be kicking out most of the backpacker and ESL crowd.

Thailand already used this chance to do just that. Not long until Vietnam does the same.

I fully expect "expatting" to return to the place it had in the 1950s. Only the well off, the connected, and the highly skilled will be able to do it from now on. If you're aren't abroad already, you're better off putting your head down and getting serious at home.
Yup.
You could be in a worse place than Tampa to hunker down. Imagine the guys in NYC or Cali who can't really afford to hunker down, all of their income is tied up in their lifestyles with little to spare.

I think people need to check their PUA tendencies. This is the out for myself, detached, rootless cosmopolitan mindset. It's entirely possible to call yourself a Christian and get on the wholesome living bandwagon and still retain those avoidant/dismissively attached qualities where you're ready to run at any time. It doesn't benefit you to run away to somewhere you don't know anyone, have no social/familial or cultural connections, and no cultural investment. This is the mindset of a cosmopolitan, not a Christian who wants to build a Christian community, whose patriotic, and loves their country. The feeding trough for rootless cosmopolitans is coming to and end. A lot of guys are trying to use the tools they learned during the past decade to handle this decade, doesn't work! Before I'm attacked for moralizing, let me say I've been the worst perpetrator of this mindset. I'm simply spreading the word here.

It's good that most of us probably do realize this, but there's still a yearning among head-in-the-sand Red Pilled guys for the past where they could be carefree and piss their lives away on cooming and consuming. If they can't figure things now at the 11th hour, I don't know when they will.

Amwolf

Pigeon
...I doubt some 'black swan' event will will happen in the US that will lead say, Weimer like conditions or even 1917 conditions - but we are on a long, steady slide to get to those conditions. I thought the US republic would last until the close of this century, now I doubt it will last my expected lifetime.
I didn't think that things would have accelerated as quickly as they have. Societal decay has engulfed the United States and there's no stopping the country from circling the drain, which it's been doing arguably since the Hart-Celler Immigration Act of 1965. Of course, arguments could be made that the United States was lost following the Civil War, World War II, and/or the cultural revolution in the 1960's.

What's transpiring today is something that I’ve speculated to be a decade or two out. Now, I believe that the United States will become a rendition of Yugoslavia, South Africa, the Soviet Union, Brazil, or a hybrid of the aforementioned countries within another decade or two.

Last edited:

Amwolf

Pigeon
I agree that "expatting" has changed and will likely become as you've described. I was abroad last year for professional and personal endeavors, which included a religious pilgrimage in Russia. I was set to return this year for an extended time period but then the world was turned upside down.

Having my own business in a field that's in demand helps as I can work nearly anywhere. I have a couple of professional development opportunities in Eastern Europe and the Middle East that I can engage, but I'm unsure if it's worth it under the current conditions.

Easy_C

Crow
One note: you can still travel to most places for a job offer. There’s some niches that are still hiring like crazy. For example certain IT skills are in relatively extreme demand in EE, and due to the nature of the work you’re usually speaking English on the job

Blitz

Pigeon
Temporary COVID-19 restrictions

Here's the full information from Globohomo-pedia if you want detail for each country. I am assuming this is being frequently updated.

If the answer is indeed putting up roadblocks (which I'm not suggesting it is), then you should be staying at home and lubing your AR anyway.
You should be staying at home, lubing your AR-15, working to get Trump re-elected, then contributing to organizing a 5 million Patriot march the day after he wins and the day after he's sworn in again with free handout signs saying Drain the Swamp, Build the Wall, Cancel Goldman Sachs and Fire Jared.

One note: you can still travel to most places for a job offer. There’s some niches that are still hiring like crazy. For example certain IT skills are in relatively extreme demand in EE, and due to the nature of the work you’re usually speaking English on the job
Yes. This is how it was done, the old fashioned way. Talent will be pulled where it is needed, and the days of "free spirited" homelessness in Southeast Asia are over.

Last edited:

Arado

Pelican
Gold Member
During the 1960s and 70s certainly things seemed worse or that they couldn't get worse - inflation, oil wars, civil and racial unrest (in many ways that was the overture for what is happening today) . We far from live in the 'worst' time in history - its just as Americans (and Europeans) we have known relative peace and stability for a generation or two - and during that time, nefarious globalist forces have been seeking to undermine that stability and the values that made it possible.

So my answer is I doubt some 'black swan' event will will happen in the US that will lead say, Weimer like conditions or even 1917 conditions - but we are on a long, steady slide to get to those conditions. I thought the US republic would last until the close of this century, now I doubt it will last my expected lifetime.
Difference now is that there's no Paul Volcker to raise interest rates when inflation picks up. There's too much debt in the system and national debt is too high for positive real interest rates. Economic chaos is coming, even if the more dire social collapse scenarios don't play out.

Blade Runner

Kingfisher
interesting perspectives. i think expatting might be easier than you think. travelling will be harder with getting visas or countries outright banning foreigners . outside of that it seems cheaper than ever to rent or use airbnb as there arent as many tourists as before. the rewards should be better if the risks are higher.
This is the silver lining and what I've been suspecting will be the case. It will take much greater planning, savvy, or energy to access various places. But know what? That makes it better for the people that actually pull it off. Think of it as a reversion to Medellin 2010, not 2018. :sneaky: